Questions about some skills and leveling

Polar

Hi,

I´ve started playing a kfm recently but I´m having problems doing dungeons solo. It´s a lvl26 char now but I can´t do bosses as easily as I did with my sin at the same level.

I watched a lot of youtube videos but they are way too fast for me. It´s so hard to follow their instructions ( spoken or written ) while watching them play.

Since I don´t really have enough crit I skilled tiger strike to trigger hellfire kick. So basically I two hit single mobs with 2 , 4 and if it triggers then F for this round house kick thing.

I also try to make use of counter every once in a while but with a lot of mobs it´s very hard. Today I read that Q , E can somehow be used to become invincible if timed correctly, but I checked and it has a 16s cooldown. So how can I use it correctly ? Would be a great help in bossfights or when I pull a lot of enemies. I couldn´t find a suitable explaination. Youtube is either outdated or too fast.

I ´ve heard of 2RF and 3RF but since my crit is quite low I didn´t bother to skill it.

Some hints would be great...Insert other media

Personally for me, the self healing from crits and your abilities start really late for a KFM, after a fight it wasnt rare for me while leveling i needed a healing potion per fight sometimes, while now at 530 ap & 52% crit and the hongmoon skill Comet Strike with double 12-20k crits, fights end before they begin.

But if you are out of q & e iframes, use SS iframe, don't put points into it (6s) cooldown and start using it to SS forward by turning quick and SS'ing through the red AE and be back in attacking position, without any wasted time.

KFM also needs quite allot of skillpoints to ramp up, at lvl 26 my Destro, Warlock & FM were running circles around it.

17 hours ago, Polar said:

I´ve started playing a kfm recently but I´m having problems doing dungeons solo. It´s a lvl26 char now but I can´t do bosses as easily as I did with my sin at the same level.

This is understandable as Kung Fu Masters need to time our defensive abilities, whereas Assassin's have Stealth to easily forestall damage.

Since I don´t really have enough crit I skilled tiger strike to trigger hellfire kick. So basically I two hit single mobs with 2 , 4

Smart idea. I recommend training higher AoE damage for leveling to more efficiently kill mobs of enemies.

Also see the following thread for more Skill Training recommendations as well as some other useful KFM related tips:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/202896-convince-me-to-main-kfm/

I also try to make use of counter every once in a while but with a lot of mobs it´s very hard. Today I read that Q , E can somehow be used to become invincible if timed correctly, but I checked and it has a 16s cooldown. So how can I use it correctly ?

Counter, SS & Q/E are our primary survival abilities.

Counter is best used against most boss abilities to mitigate damage, but you'll want to use SS/Q/E i-frames to avoid multi-hit attacks (like spins) & red type/unblockable attacks.

Counter isn't as good against mobs because it only blocks hits for a short time when triggered, however it's still useful to ready Iron Shoulder and can also be trained for 1 skill point to provide a 100% defense stat bonus for 8 sec to reduce damage.

Q, E & SS abilities provide immunity against damage and status effects for about 0.5 sec during the animation, but Q & E can be trained to provide a further immunity for 1 sec following their animation for a total of about 1.5 secs.

Attacks made against you while immune will be resisted. Resisted attacks grant you a Buff called Agility, which increases your movement speed and evade chance, stacking up to 3 times. At 3 stacks, Agility provides +50% movement speed & 100% evade chance for 6 sec.

4 hours ago, spongemike said:

Also started a KFM any tips of the build for leveling up?

On 4/17/2016 at 7:34 PM, Eolus said:

I'd prioritize:

• 3 pts ~ Tiger Strike - Swift Strike - Stage 4
  • 2 pts* ~ Iron Shoulder - Stage 4 (* +1 pt after you get Tremor)

• 3 pts ~ Q/E
  • 3 pts ~ Comet Strike - Stage 3 (practically spammable while using Fighting Spirit)
  • 2 pts ~ Fighting Spirit - Stage 4 - solo, Stage 3 - in a party

• 2 pts ~ Searing Blow - Cyclone Kick - Stage 3

• 2 pts ~ Second Wind - Stage 3
  • 2 pts ~ Smite - Stage 4
  • 3 pts ~ Tremor - Stage 2 (Train ASAP by taking points out of Smite or Second Wind)

It's not too important, but most trained abilities only really become worth it when you reach a certain Tier, like Fighting Spirit (obviously) & 2 points in Iron Shoulder, so it's probably better to spend the odd point in Counter, Second Wind or Leg Sweep until you have enough.

On 4/17/2016 at 8:38 PM, Eolus said:

I like to aggro as many NPC's as possible by running near them, charge attack hopping while Q/E, SS dodging & Tremor pull, then Leg Sweep, Q/E, SS, Counter & Fighting Sprit to survive between bursting them down with x2 Comet Strikes (Stage 3), Tiger Strike -> Hellfire Kick & Counter -> Iron Shoulder.

- Fighting Spirit -> Comet Strike spam provides amazing burst & healing, useful against bosses & large amounts of mobs.

____

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/202896-convince-me-to-main-kfm/

So let me get this Q/E SS thing straight.

0,5 + 1 + 6 ( if 3 stacks trigger ) = 7,5s 100% evade with Q , 7,5 with E and 6s with SS. Which also means after SS Q/E are ready again. Perfectly timed and with enough hits during 1,5s it´ll be permanent 100% evade ? That sounds nice

Hi Polar, great to see you back on forums! tried to whisper you many times on bumblepolar, but never managed to reach you. Guess you play a new main now? Let me know if you are still interested in joining Almaz!

Concerning the 6 second 100% evade buff, called "Awakening", it is usually impossible to trigger 3 stacks in a single Q, E and especially a single SS. I am not sure if there is not a timer for the reuse of Awakening as well. But a general rule of thumb is that you can stack one level of agility per SS, and Q, E on most opponents, around two levels with Q or E if you have two attackers on you (like summoner+cat) and two to three per Q/E if they spin into you.

Beware though that some attacks can pierce through 100% evade (still finding out myself which ones do).

What if you pull a bunch of mobs in for example skittering tunnels ... 15 - 20 spiders probably? Ball them up, hit Q and trigger three stacks. Spam some aoe , hit E spam some aoe , hit ss , spam aoe ... shouldnt it work?

I saw one video of a guy pulling the entire room and aoe hitting them for 5-6k like a freak without kicking the bucket

Yes that can work, although you might need high numbers of the mobs if they have a very slow attack frequency. And there is a risk the timing might be off if the mobs need some time to first stand still, then attack, and do it too slowly, so that your 1 second is over before they properly hit you.

Personally I round the mobs up using sideways jumps and counter (preferably specced to stage 1 tier 3 for defense increase, stun resistance and healing) plus iron shoulder to daze them. Then when you have a nice stack of 20 or so you can pull them in with Tremor, either stun them or do the Q/E so they don't kill you and then burst them down with palm, hellfire kick and/or tiger strike. Additionally, Comet Strike (to trigger on evasion) works especially well with the Q/E variant, as does Firestorm kick. If mobs are not dead even after that barrage of 50k+ damage, you can leg sweep them to go on longer.

When you say "dungeons", do you mean all the normal solo quest instances you get into?

You shouldnt have problems with those.

Your main focus should be on Counter and Q & E. You can Really kill mobs by counter skill alone. Your timing plays into this and if you suffer from lots of lag, then that explains why you would have counter problems.

OFC, you need to train it. It took me a while to learn when to hit counter and ofc sometimes you do get into a lot of truble if you only use that. But you can do it.

Try watch the mobs you fight, see what they do right before their hit goes into you, that animation of what they do is the key.

If there are more mobs, you have the kick and at that time focus on getting as many mobs down Quickly. Spam your AOE skills. Spam your Q E and S.

Hopes this helps and i wish you luck. I like the KFM, it's fun to level up by killing your enemys with their own attacks :P(thats how i leveled most of my time after 45.)

@Shuchin Thanks for the tips. I will try it that way.

@Bardo For example Blackram Narrows which I soloed with my sin at lvl 24 but my kfm couldn´t do it. The damage wasn´t enough to take out the first boss. It kept spawning adds which I couldn´t burst done to collect the bombs. Or Some green dungeons endbosses like Samja, Relic Core...

Altar of Champions for example was quite easy.

2 minutes ago, Polar said:

@Shuchin Thanks for the tips. I will try it that way.

@Bardo For example Blackram Narrows which I soloed with my sin at lvl 24 but my kfm couldn´t do it. The damage wasn´t enough to take out the first boss. It kept spawning adds which I couldn´t burst done to collect the bombs. Or Some green dungeons endbosses like Samja, Relic Core...

Altar of Champions for example was quite easy.

Well, that explains it, most of those was not made for people to solo at that level :D

So i wouldnt worry about that. It takes what, 5min MAX to do BN on cross-server. Pointless to solo what you can complete in under 5min and just roll over everything without any truble.(from a full group)

Some people like exactly when there is no rush, and I prefer doing blackram narrows with a small group, 2-3 people, over speed runs which only annoy me. Cannot remember how many times I had that pointless situation of a single lvl 45 (now lvl 50 I guess) running ahead in Tomb of Exiles, killing his own party mates with flame walls just to get the quest done asap. Games should be for fun. :P

@polar: The first narrows boss can be defeated relatively easily once you have lvl 20 + lvl 20 gear with probably any class, but you need the right strategy:

- Do not fight the boss directly
- instead kill the destroyers first once they spawn, then dogs, then other adds
- dogs before others because the call more adds
- the destroyers when killed drop bombs, these will deal 10k AoE damage
- throw these at the boss, with luck you also waste some adds in the process
- 5 or 6 bombs are enough to kill the boss

For soloing as a KFM, the stopper is usually Gubong because of his long triple damage grab. You need two additional people (three total) to do CC interrupts on that attack to really win at low level against Gubong. With good gear, some lucky iframing, dragon hearts and good dps knowledge you can probably still burst him down to Devourer stage if you are level 24. Once he is Devourer it becomes easier actually because the grab does not last ong and deals less damage. You can win through heal counter/iron shoulder and Q/E then.

Archived