dark build disappointing...

Minity SN

got the venom slash, got the LMB venom pierce chance... but i dont see how the dark build is superior to the lightning one. I can now stack poisen very easily but it takes time especially if my venom slash does not crit, the time to do the rotation for poisen is in my opinion a DPS loss.

lightning build seems superior due to its instant accessibility and even if bosses got true sight, they rarly get me out of stealth due to 2k evasion and Q,E SS and just running out of the AoEs or walking behind the boss. even  if they do, we got multiple ways to go back to stealth.

now if I play dark build i lose he advantage of manuvering quickly, furthermore I have to actively focus on my  rotation which makes farming very exhausting.... is it still just too early for dark builds? what exactly was the hype on this ? kinda feel like I totally missed the point in this build ^^

Lightning build:

• Relies on stealth, better suited for solo runs. Gains evasion and movement speed as a byproduct.
  • One reliable double CC: Stun Spinal Tap + Bolt Strike.
  • Fewer ways to reliably stack poison.
  • Overreliant on stealth stance: The moment you are hit out of it your damage becomes crap and there is a lot of difficulty getting back in, especially in solo True Sight runs where the enemy's back isn't available to you for Shadow Dash.

Dark build:

• More versatile overall, using both decoy and stealth stances and better access to Poison Breath, Shadow Slash, etc.
  • Stealth damage is still good; Lightning Crash animation-cancels faster than Lightning Pierce/Lightning Rod.
  • Two reliable double CCs: Stun Spinal Tap + Bolt Strike; Daze Cyclone Sweep + Sneak Attack + Swiftstep (I prefer Sweep + Sneak since Swiftstep is somewhat slow and hard to use if I end up triggering counter by mistake) OR Knockdown Cyclone Sweep + Swiftstep + Shadow Slash.
  • Overreliant on poison stacks, but this shouldn't matter due to Hongmoon Mist Slash and Hongmoon Venom Slash covering it.
  • Decoy's Party Stealth Protection to save everyone's arses.

DPS is a long topic of debate, but tl;dr Dark is better for versatility and party supports. In Yeti and Asura you're going to be more useful in Dark because of its CC requirements and access to a party-wide iframe, which Lightning cannot accomplish without sacrificing core skills.

Shadovv explained it already pretty well. 

There are several things you need to have before choosing the dark build:

- HM LMB + HM 3 skill

- very high crit rate (suggested is 60%+ but kinda difficult atm - I'm sitting on ~58). 

- you need a low ping for fast execution (around 50 or less) 

- you need to have a feeling for the correct rotation and when to stack poison etc. 

tl;dr:

For solo content and farming = Lightning build 

For group dungeons and raids etc. = Dark build

2 minutes ago, Minity SN said:

but this skill does not block red attacks? which mean in order to block a red attack i nead to counter a yellow one? or how does it work?

How it works is that the moment you cast Decoy all party members EXCEPT YOU gets a free invincibility frame if they are hit within that window, including red attacks, and then can't get the buff again for 30 seconds. YOU are not affected (because 7 iframes on Assassin would be overpowered), so you use your own iframe. You don't need to counter anything, you just activate it and stuff happens.

5 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

How it works is that the moment you cast Decoy all party members EXCEPT YOU gets a free invincibility frame if they are hit within that window, including red attacks, and then can't get the buff again for 30 seconds. YOU are not affected (because 7 iframes on Assassin would be overpowered), so you use your own iframe. You don't need to counter anything, you just activate it and stuff happens.

almost 7, once we get shadow dash skill F1, T5  :D

Archived