So not just gem slots legendary weapon can Fail too?

WarWarWar

so i was just watching some random videos about leg wep's and i came across   Ashley Ng  youtube channel

i was watching a solo summoner and i was reading the comments down below and i saw this Quote 

"I was lucky to have the S2.5 weapon Stage 5 weapon from the dragon box. And level it to 8. The Bopae are 5 pieces from the new update using the storm crystal from PVP to change. The other 3 from Black Feathers exchange. The accessories are bought from the auction house. Around 330 gold each. Needs a lot of time to farm gold. If I complete Mushin Tower 1 to 15, its about 15 gold. Then the PVP give another 5 to 6 gold. This instance give about another 3 to 4 gold. Farming the Bear that drops the bear meat and also the Flower mobs for flowers also get some gold. Still trying to find more ways to farm gold. I also sell some of the items from the Lucky dragon boxes I opened. Fighting ! I will not upgrade my weapon anymore... from level 9 onwards, your weapon will failed and drop a level. My brother drop his weapon from 8 to 7 which is very costly."

i know this is like 8 months old but its stuff that is coming to our way and it was being said leg weps will be on the next update, so can someone explain about the fail upgrade to a leg wep??

i dont think theyll make it failable although dont put any faith in NC. They did change a bunch of stuff for our version like example when upgrading other versions gem slots can roll for 1 to 6 ours min is 3 not 1 so cant rlly be sure i REALLY hope that its 100% success cause honestly upgrades in general being failable is just bad and when they are that costly its just pure evil

also the fact that he is saying leg weps can be obtained from a lucky RNG box worries me a bunch.

so there is other gears to have by opening boxes what that means?? u put all your money and life savings in your HM wep

and now there is other type of gears? 

i hope this won't be in our model. cuz if ppl is crying about the trove box being p2w this would be more painful

3 minutes ago, WarWarWar said:

also the fact that he is saying leg weps can be obtained from a lucky RNG box worries me a bunch.

so there is other gears to have by opening boxes what that means?? u put all your money and life savings in your HM wep

and now there is other type of gears? 

i hope this won't be in our model. cuz if ppl is crying about the trove box being p2w this would be more painful

Those boxes are exclusive to china server. Our legendaries will come from upgrading our HM, not from an rng box.

3 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

They did change a bunch of stuff for our version like example when upgrading other versions gem slots can roll for 1 to 6 ours min is 3 not 1

Unless you are speaking specifically about the Legendary you are mistaken. My upgrade from TPirate to Breeze took me from 4 slots to 2, there was a forum post in the last couple days where someone was dropped to 1. 

ONE 

Here is a link to that thread.

Where do Gem Hammers drop again ?

18 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Unless you are speaking specifically about the Legendary you are mistaken. My upgrade from TPirate to Breeze took me from 4 slots to 2, there was a forum post in the last couple days where someone was dropped to 1. 

ONE 

Stop posting wrong information all over the forums...

In the live stream they said they are changing it from minimum 1 to minimum 3......

26 minutes ago, KatHead said:

ONE 

5 minutes ago, Ragz said:

Stop posting wrong information all over the forums...

In the live stream they said they are changing it from minimum 1 to minimum 3......

They are changing it, they havent just yet, they made it sound like its already that way, when its not, if you upgrade your weapon right now you can get 1 gem slot.
Also, is the change gona affect ALL weapons upgrade? Or just when you got to legendary? From what i understood from the stream its ONLY when you get to legendary that you have a chance to get 3-6, when you switch to the oathbreaker you still have the chance to get 1 slot. But i could had missunderstood them.

3 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

They did change a bunch of stuff for our version like example when upgrading other versions gem slots can roll for 1 to 6 ours min is 3 not 1

ONE 

I said nothing wrong here (or in the other place you are referencing), maybe be a little less aggressive with your post behavior. In this post I referenced what is in the present game, clearly not wrong. I allowed for the fact that future changes could make him correct and I hope he is, losing slots just feels wrong. 

Hopefully the live stream information will be accurate, although it has not proven to be a source of reliable information in the past. 

Edit: dunno whats up with that quote, I quoted Ragz silly response. 

3 minutes ago, KatHead said:

ONE 

I am specifically talking about the legendary weps with the pirate>breeze its still able to roll im assuming after the update because they specifically said in the livestream that would be the case however they didnt mention the breeze upgrade if it was getting the same treatment im assuming its not (tbh i think it should)

Just now, KatHead said:

ONE 

I said nothing wrong here (or in the other place you are referencing), maybe be a little less aggressive with your post behavior. In this post I referenced what is in the present game, clearly not wrong. I allowed for the fact that future changes could make him correct and I hope he is, losing slots just feels wrong. 

Hopefully the live stream information will be accurate, although it has not proven to be a source of reliable information in the past. 

ummm im not being aggressive? im just telling u what is and what they said?

4 hours ago, Jem said:

BnS China has fail rates on everything. We do not.

3 hours ago, Unicorns said:

Those boxes are exclusive to china server. Our legendaries will come from upgrading our HM, not from an rng box.

There's a small bit of bad information in these posts.  There is more than just 1 legendary weapon.  There are weapons that come from a box dropped by dungeons, these go for extreme amounts of gold (100k for the best one in KR, if I recall correctly).  Furthermore, something carried through all regions, albeit in different forms, is how legendary weapons upgrade.

Legendary weapons all have 12 stages.  Each one of these stages has a transform cost.  Every stage.  To get an idea of the cost, look at the transform cost to stage 1, should give you a good idea.  In every region, these transforms can fail.  They consume all of the materials when they do.

What differs among regions is what happens when these fail.  For China you simply farm up the materials and try again.  Everywhere else, however, the weapon dies and can no longer be upgraded.  There is no way to revive the weapon.  In China, there exists a cash shop item that guarantees success in these evolves.

As a side note, there is nothing special about our HM weapon become a legendary after true scorpio.  That's exactly the same way it worked in all other regions until the patch came that killed the HM weapon line.  At that point HM weapons are no longer obtainable.

TL;DR:  Assuming we follow every other region, legendary weapon upgrades can fail and there will be more powerful legendary weapons added as RNG from bosses in end-game content.  There may or may not be a cash shop item introduced that guarantees success of legendary weapon upgrades.

There was 0 mention of a fail rate in the stream. Pretty sure on that one. If there was, they would have told us for sure.

Mind you, I'm talking about upgrading to legendary weapons. Not talking about our already semi-failing transmutes on items.

Archived