Did NCSoft respond to any of the below issues yet?

Yamyatos

Against my own will i'm losing more and more interrest in the game. Dont get me wrong, concept wise i love the game. I anticipated it for literally years. But now more and more of my friends are quitting because one or more of the below issues. The last one also loses interrest and i'm not sticking around much longer when noone of my friends plays anymore. I really hopes for this game to kill years of my time. The content is there. The only thing that could possibly go wrong with such an release is the publisher.. but oh well. 

I'm not talking about rushing content or expensive gear. I'm talking about bugs and the way NCsoft seems to (not) care about them. The game launched over 3 months ago and some of these problems have existed for the whole time. I really am patient, but i waited over 3 months with a positive state of mind and hoped for them to care and fix everything sooner or later. I assumed that they understand how much money this game can earn them if they polish it well, make it a mmorpg with a happy playerbase and possibly an esport.  

- Bots have been talked about for a long time. However i understand that these can be really hard to get rid off.

- Hackers. Seriously. This should not exist in any game with decent security. 

- The friend list is bugged for weeks now. It shows half of the twinks as entrys and makes my list insanely long. Making it stupidly impossible to find people.

- I can live with it but i guess i should list the horrible optimisation in raid events, making it impossible to play some classes with anything but a 2k€ pc. If at all.

- Even tho we all live in germany, each and every of my friends has these ping issues where it's at 30.. then jumps to 230.. then to 30.. 80 again.. it's not our ISP. It's not even the same ISP. 

- I mentioned this often but ncsoft is *cricket*ing up the entire marked for EU with each maintenance. Since they start and end in peak time, the marked after this is flooded with craftet stuff and since people want to restart crafting, the mat prices go so high that you actually lose money with crafting the next 1-2 days. Great. If nothing else works, at least let us enjoy a stable economy.

I really love the game and i really want to stick around for months to come, but if ncsoft does not fix some or most of the above (and soon) that might not be the case. Some communication would also be appreciated. When was the last time they actually responsed to ANY of these topics on the forums? I've seen companies who really care about their playerbase. They give you this certain feeling, similar to security. I dont feel anything like that here. It feels more like a one-way relationship of hope and trust while the other part is cheating on us.

Well they are looking into it mate ,give it time . Everything will be alright 

According to industry experts , they predict another year before any action will be taken , i.e. if the game still exists at that point in time 

and yea just FYI to the people who actually read this , ssp is impossible to complete in under 4 hours now thanks to the hackers you have allowed to roam free

Read that too before you "merge " this thread onto another one in the "will never read and address " section 

The hackers are the absolute worst part, to me. In a game that touts its PVP as a competitive e-sport with actual world tournaments (with real money as the prize, IIRC!), it's hilariously bad to have my boyfriend ragelog after a mere 3 arena queues yesterday, because all three matches were against perma-invis full-resist unlimited-focus Summoner hackers.

When I checked the board yesterday, 9 out of the top 20 players in NA were obvious Summoner bots/hackers, and these are just the visible ones, not the ones that NCWest forcibly removes from the leaderboards (but apparently don't ban, if Reddit is to be believed!).

I don't get how NCWest is able to post about upcoming content patches and cash shop updates without seemingly feeling an iota of shame.

Well only thing they are loooking into are microtransactions and ways to scam more money from you before giving your acc to their hacker to steal everything from you so if u want to continue u need to pay again  this may be far fatched but i dont fell like thats cant be happening sadly....NCsoft needs kick in the ...  from koreans prob or game will die out well already dead for my country players sadly.... from 250+ to 20 active players well rip ...... ( i know that via facebook page where we stacked)

Counterstrike has had hackers for like forever aswel, people accept CS as an eSport? What's so diffrent in BnS?

I played the game since 1.3, you always had hackers in any competitive game. You can't get rid of these completely, they simply find new ways to keep hacking. Some of these Coders even make a living selling their hacks, it's crazy, there is a fricking market for hackers.

I find it ridic, from ppl to expect 0 hackers. Look at CS:GOs matchmaking, it's full of hackers. You don't even need to play the game, just watch a pro streamer when he decides to play MM. They even avoid it these days. I even get hacked in Dark Souls, imagine that. THey invade you and are immune to DMG, he stands there spamming emotes while you backstab him with no DMG, only to kill you afterwards. Hackers are everywhere, there is always that kid who gets joy out of winning, it doesn't matter how he wins, it's pleasure for him to hack you.

Look at Street Fighter, all these players leaving the match the moment they are about to lose. Every game has ppl cheating the system somehow. If the game is competitive, there will ALWAYS be cheaters. They will bend backwards until they find anything they can take advantage of, this includes macros, I really hate macros, I hated them in WoW, I hate them here, I hate them anywhere. (Im talking about these focus macros which force me to have yet another button to bind, just get rid of it and force everyone to target manually...)

- they are fighting bots. i got a funny conversation by ticket in which everyday i sent screenshots of misty bot's train. and now it is gone. go take a look. BUT remember taht it is easier to "build" a train bot than fighting it

- hackers are really bad. i agree. 

- have you tried to click the ONLINE icon? i have that bug too, still u can help yourself with that.

- agree on optimization oif the game. anyway , if u talk about SSP, remember that ap of players is growing everyday fast. if u are not on pair with thhe average ap u wont get anything still. other than low FPS that kill dps.

- ping spike should be a provider problem, i think.

- servers are in NA. stop whining for maintenance time , considering it is already since release we get these times.

so. i am not a white knight. just to avoid this kind of retarded comment. im just a player like you that tries to not care too much about those problems and play.

playing a game is up to the player. not others. if a GH decide to create a bad game, it is up to you to stay in it or leave. noone force noone to play.

In their last stream they said they're reading all the complaints. But chances are that's all they're doing. Reading. They're not actually gonna do shit about it.

It's like asking for the manager at the store. They bring someone over, but it's really just another sales clerk and you get nowhere.

23 hours ago, Shukran said:

- have you tried to click the ONLINE icon? i have that bug too, still u can help yourself with that.

Actually they are all online for me. Even if the person itself has not been online for a week. Quite annoying. Still when i got time to log in i'll try if changing filters does anything, thanks for mentioning it :)

About the ping fluctuation.. it's most certainly not a provider problem. To many people are reporting these. All of them say the same thing. No other game has any fluctuation. All other pings are constant (like teamspeak for example, and the server is also further away). Some people actually called their ISP just to get a textual response send to them with all the data, proving that it's not the ISP's problem. NCSoft just does not "agree" with that fact^^ On top of that i live in germany. There should not even be a route to frankfurt where i get a ping above 60 or so, yet the ping spikes to over 200 at times. Highly doubt that my ISP is messing up this route, if i call play all other games in the SAME server farm (frankfurt, even ncsoft's games) completely without problem and a <=35ms ping. So it's definitely something with the game.

Have you actually tried looking at your ping? If you use windows 7 open task manager, go to network, ressource monitor, go to network, click client.exe, look at the 10100 ping if you are at europe and keep your eyes on it for a few seconds. You might not realise the fluctuation ingame if you have a good bandwith. I actually dont really notice them most of the time with 16k, but a friend of mine is getting really bad lags (he has lower bandwith) because of it. 

Btw, are you from NA or EU? It might actually be a EU only problem. Maybe it's their servers connecting to NA every few seconds or smth - even tho NCSoft says that they dont.

Archived