Blocking/Reporting Spammers

Ciocolici

I was just wondering... I ban like 2-4 spammers per day. I already have ca. 60 blocked from 200 possible. And I am new, I'm like for like a week I think.

Seeing there's no action taken against them, what should I do after I get my list full 200/200 spammers blocked?! I want to be able to chat to people and see what people say, y'know!

You can clear the list, bot spammers actually do get deleted or something along those lines. You won't see a spammer you blocked a few days ago show ever again and in my experience spammers are gone/stop spamming within an hour even if I haven't blocked them.

• 1 month later...

It seems for my account, when I 'block' a spammer or bot I get a 'friends' request from that account...it's very annoying.  Is this a known issue?  Is it being addressed? If so, where is it on the priority list?

The issue is from what I'm understanding, NCSoft simply cannot spend the time that is required to ban them all, what they are doing is trying to find ways to prevent the spammers from spamming. All we can do is simply keep blocking them, clear our entire spam list when it's full (by the time it's full, you can be pretty sure that most of the old ones have automatically been banned anyway).

Archived