2.1 Shattered Empire – 4/28 Livestream Questions

Liinxy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, are you and what are you doing regarding VERY uneven factions? My personal suggestion is to drastically reduce the ammount of players that can be in the same channel on soulstone plains(reduce lag) and increase the number of channels available by a rather large number considering how few we have now. Also viable for Grand harvest square event.

To unlock RMB Hongmoon skill ( maybe the most important skill ), you need to collect 30 Blue Orbs in Cold Storage. Are you going to remove the daily limit of Cold Storage? Or are you going to add a different way to get the ticket other than spending NCoin?

On 23/04/2016 at 5:22 AM, Mayor Tee said:

Is the "balanced" PvP ever gonna have any resemblance of balance?

Any plans to make melee not utterly useless compared to ranged?

Agreed. Also in pve will sins ever have higher dps than fm to make class usefull? other than main dps class i don't know what sins can be usefull for. 

Screenshot_160424_000.jpg

Force masters and summoners are not mainly jin or gon so get your conclusions. Melee underpowered anyday well it's not really underpowered, classes are fine and enjoyable just ranged classes too overpowered making us under low. 

Absolutely loving the content. Cannot wait for more. Thank you for adding more ways to get stingers :3

I have a question which is about the Achievement Vendor:  Will you be able to add all of the dungeon drop costume/vanity items to it at all? 

The items I am on about are the following:

Poh's Pirate Princess outfit (for Males, it's avaliable for females currently. Just have the vendor sell the ticket which we then go to the vendor to trade)

The other pirate princess outfit which isn't ingame along with the red and black hair would be appreciated too. This content is now old, so it would be nice to have everything released for it.

E-Fleet Chef Hat

Hae Mujin's Eye Piece

All the Widow Masks and Blindfolds

Noble of the Sea

Fujin and Raijin's Wind God / Thunder God outfits, auras, and horns. Also the female outfits would be appreciated. 

I think that's all for now. I've done lots of runs of every dungeon and have yet to see anything from above drop. RNGesus isn't on my side. I am willing to buy currency in the currency exchange along with fabrics from players just to get these items. I hope you can add them in the future :)

Thank you!

PVE vs PVP playstyle:

It is said that PVP style players will be able to stay in the arena and not have to bother with PVE or even clans to acquire their Hongmoon Pellets for unlocking skills, and the other food stuff items have been appearing in the treasure trove at a reasonable price to where PVP style players should have enough money to buy them from the arena dailies.

PVE style players though are forced into PVP against their will for some items, mainly soulstones. With the release of Silverfrost and in an attempt to stop bots in arena the Small Dragon Certificate was removed from Brightstone, Pigsty, etc, which also removed many of the bots in cross server dungeon. While not forcing too much PVP onto people it removed a major access to soulstones limiting them to Tomb of Exiles (the only PVE method to get them), unreasonable market prices, fighting bots/hackers in the arena while using the higher dungeon dragon certificates, and the terror that is owPVP that is Misty Woods faction dailies. Silverfrost itself is wracked with bots, and the number of channels for those wanting to acquire soulstones there are too limited as often times many payers can't even participate because there are too few channels. Not to mention these faction dailies and other Skypetal Plains soulstone gathering methods are PVP only content, unlike Tomb of Exiles that is PVE.

I feel it a great thing that people that wish to play the Tekken/ Mortal Kombat/ Soul Caliber/ Street Fighter type games have access to their skills that would otherwise be missing them for arena style play unlike those their type of fighting video games where your skills always exist and don't require unlocking.

That being said is there anything being done to allow PVE style players that enjoy an MMORPG without the PVP nonsense (Arena or owPVP) to be able to play and enjoy and progress in the game?

Examples of some, not all PVE content that requires PVP: Soulstones (major offender), Misty Woods Cold Iron class-based weapon (required PVP to upgrade PVE gear), Misty Woods Necklace (same, PVE only upgrade that requires PVP to acquire).

Exposition:

Since the Arena only uses level for amount of skills available and all stats from weapons and other gear are equalized, PVP players do't even need this Misty Woods content to be able to enjoy the arena gameplay. Why are PVE players forced to suffer through it?

Factions have no real point in the game, nor the story. They are not part of the 8 Masters, they are not fighting Jinsoyun, and nothing I have seen will mean anything in the story later to which faction you are but they are the ONLY source of world access to soulstones except the before mentioned Tomb of Exiles with its paltry 2 soulstones per daily.

In case it was missed in all the explanations as to what and why, the question is above and underlined.

Arena:

No, this is not about bots or hackers. There is a very large problem even before the recent lag people have been experiencing en masse in the arena.

Best ping wins.

Now this may either sound dumb or redundant to say.

Korea: 84,610 sq mi

China: 3,705,407 sq mi

Taiwan: 13,974 sq mi

Japan: 145,925 sq mi

Europe: 3,930,000 sq mi

North America: 9,540,000 sq mi

Now what do these numbers mean? Well I cant exactly tell the state of internet or networking in most of the Asian markets and countries, but several being communist areas I doubt there is all that much choice, and you get what the 1 internet provider in the country is allowed to give? That is my best guess. So Ping is probably not an issue.

China being relatively close to Europe in sizem I do know for a fact there is MANY ISPs in Europe and the quality of internet services varies from ISP to ISP, politician to politician, government to government, and rain to sunny day!

North America... The internet wars are going on and it is devolving into  technological backwater. broadband classification ranging from 2 mbps to 15 mbps and the FCC has had its hands tied mostly trying to regulate and get something decent just in USA. Canada also has an internet war going on with its mahor providers Rogers and Cogeco.

While weapon and gear may not play a factor in Arena matches, ping pays a high one. Ping will always play a large part in online gaming where real-time reaction and communication of systems is required; thus why Riot (makers of League of Legends) had to increase NA market servers from being West Coast only to adding some for the East Coast in Chicago and you connect to the one closest to you when logging in. (But that is enough of that cesspool of a game with its toxic playerbase, only serving to demonstrate ping affect on play).

Again lot of exposition for a simple question, what can be done about ping problems in BnS? Not individual players or their computers, that has been done, but from NCSoft. What are you guys at NCSoft doing to "balance" the playing field in the Arena in regards to high ping and latency from your matching and connection servers?

I have had several idea to fix this issue in some cases, and not related to the game jsut crashing when a ping spike happens, for example:

Start button inside arena match so that after loading screen one player isnt killed by another, or by a bot; while they are lagged a bit by ping loading from the Arena platform to the actual arena fighting ring. More people seem to be experiencing high lag, and if this were done it would be an extra step (bots would have to be programmed with this extra button click, which might get rid of them for a day or two), people who live in an area in NA or EU that doesnt have the best options for internet are punished because politicians wont get their acts together and get everyone decent internet or even define what "broadband" means.

Best idea I think though to fix would be do what the other game did... get some servers on the East Coast not just nestled in LA, Sacramento, or Arizona or whereever it is the big players like Amazon, Facebook, etc have their server farms. But get them spread out more to get better connection for all. Note: I don't mean server like Mushin, Tunwa, Jiwan, etc, but connection servers since it is things like Arena, or cross server dungeon (mostly arena lately) where ping of people from different areas  arent getting properly sync in the game.

Death by ping and the other player in the arena is somehow more skilled because they live where better internet is, or closer to the NCSoft servers? :/

I only have one question... How you plan to address the insane amount of speedhackers & PvP hackers infesting this game sucking out every last inch of enjoyment I have playing this game. 

Its insane how bad your anti-cheat system is... these hackers do impossible things with the CD resets and stuff like that, even the speedhacking is something a normal player

can't do. So I don't get why they are free to do what they want. 

sigh

Is NCWest ever planning to address the botting and hacking or will you continue to sweep it under the rug while arena (and world for that matter) continues to be infested with all sorts of absurd hacks (teleport hacks, cd hacks, infinite focus, infinite stealth, infinite resist summoners, etc).

Is there any plans to do anything to curb the outrageous amount of people afking in arena?  I have been in 3 matches in the last two days where I was the only player/non afk person on EITHER TEAM.

Is there any plan to fix the absolutely atrocious communication between dev team and community in regards to major issues such as botting, hacking, gameguard, and faction balance or will we continue to only see dev responses in threads about fashion?

Are there any plans to work on the crafting system so that all the crafting and gathering not related to Soul Wardens and Radiant Ring is actually useful?

Are there any plans to adjust progression costs to account for the fact that content is coming out at a terrifyingly frenzied pace?

Is there any plan to address the memory leak/fps issue in arena?  It's pretty ridiculous that performance drops off a cliff after 5-6 matches.  Especially when you seem hellbound and determined to pretend it's in a good place to be an esport.

What are your plans about fixing being stuck in combat state?

What I mean with that is that we're getting stuck in combat too often and for no reasons. Let me give couple of examples.

1. There is no reason why I should be in combat when I use skill with no target, e.g. KFM LMB punch. Am I in combat? No. But still I can't use windstride or eat a dumpling for next 5 or so seconds.

2. Imagine going to instance and everyone enters while you're repairing your weapon. When you finally get in, your party is way ahead. So you're running asap to party and accidentally use said LMB punch and you can't sprint anymore. What?? What happened? Oh look, I'm in combat state.... wait what!?? Where's the logic in that? I'm in combat when not in combat just because my party is 10 km away and fighting? But they are in combat so by some alien logic I am too? No can do my good sir.

3. Stuck in combat way after fight has ended. There should be some sort of combat state check.... Something like "Have you taken direct damage in last 5 seconds? If yes > in combat, if not > not in combat". Simple as that. Notice I said direct damage, DOT that lasts 20 seconds after I killed last monster has no business keeping me in combat. Most notably where this bug occurs is Bloodshade harbor after Trasher and Blood Mane. 

Also, it all makes no sense when you can exit combat while fighting world bosses like blackwyrm, terrors, everything in SSP etc. What's the difference in combat vs them and when you are in dungeon? Right, for no reason you're always stuck in dungeon but not in open world. Make it the same, make it like in open world.

Being stuck in combat for all the reasons above is severely outdated system. Please do something about it.

The only thing I want is just for some logic to be put in game to improve players quality of life. Those things makes a world of difference and we will love you for it till the end of time!

Will you fix outdated boss mechanics that only seems to exist to punish players for no reason?

There are boss skills that you simply cannot avoid no matter how skilled you are and plenty of big bosses have them.

I'm talking firstly about ranged pull with seemingly no cooldown that not only pulls you but also stuns and you can't escape it. When I play FM it's extremely frustrating when I dance around boss dodging all other attacks then all of the sudden I'm pulled in, stunned, dealt 50% of my hp in damage and I'm getting ready to get pummeled by powerful melee attacks. Fine.. I dodge, use heals, shields etc. and I survive. Oh looksie, I get pulled again. Somehow I survive one more time and get pulled one more time. Like what the hell? There is nothing skillful or hard about that, it's just stupid. As a FM I belong to range as I don't have any counter or block to survive melee for a long time. Better solution would be for bosses to have diverse ranged attacks so I can dodge them with skill, not like this. In this example I have Grassquatch in mind. He has this phantom grip which he shouldn't even have by some logic, it's sort of magic attack or whatever but he has it just as an idiot way to deal with ranged classes. Make him throw boulders instead.

And what everyone else probably has in mind are terrors in SSP. I really like their pull animation where they shoot chain from their hand and it grabs you, that's at least logical. But what I don't like is that it doesn't have any cooldown and deals massive damage afterwards which means you're simply screwed. You get punished and you die for no apparent reason, it's just bull mechanic. There's nothing hard about that and should be fixed by giving it some cooldown and not doing unavoidable massive damage afterwards.

The other thing that comes to my mind except this bull ranged attacks are melee attacks. Again I'm talking about terrors from SSP who have plethora of aoe attacks with so fast casting animations it's ridiculous. Not to mention the damage they all deal are massive. It's reason no. 1 why I switched from KFM to FM. No matter how many counters and dodges I have I can't dodge anything if I don't specifically focus on dodging which I can't if I were to keep doing enough damage. Those attacks just come so fast with no other indicating animation, deal tons of damage, it's extremelly hard to dodge them. You don't even have half of second to react. Plenty of people are complaining about that, terrors specifically, and it gives hugely unfair advantage to ranged classes, which do have their own problems, one as said above.

I really like red teleport that ports you to last boss in Yeti and Frozen Lair instances, they are real time saver.

So when will you add same teleports in Poharans, Bloodshade Harbor and especially Naryu Labyrinth? 

For the love of everything holy and unholy, please add them!! At least to last checkpoint after some boss have been killed. Plenty of things in BNS are frustrating, but having to walk all the way from start of Naryu to the very last boss deserves special place, it's extremely tedious and boring and such a huge time waste for both party that waits and the one who needs to run.

Thank you!

Since Silverfrost, the reliance on world boss contribution has increased greatly. We went from BlackWyrm and NSH\Supply Chain 24 to Grand Harvest, Soulstone Plains, Big Bad Beatle, Plog Bosses plus the ones in the far North. 

Even as a pretty well geared player (a 550 AP WL that can clear 8F with a minute to spare) I often don't get contribution on GSH sub-bosses and mobs in SoulStone plains. I imagine for player who have lower gear gear or less play skill, these events are completely out of reach, never mind melee classes.

The solution seems fairly simple, limit channel sizes and make more channels available. 

Will anything be done to improve the world boss contribution system?

Archived