Forums

Upcoming Changes to Shattered Empire 4/27

Babbletr0n

4 minutes ago, NN13 said:

So, people upgraded there belt?

So, are you not getting the benefits for upgrading?

You are, right?

So, what is the problem?

Yes, you could have upgraded something else, but then again, you got one thing upgraded. An upgrade is an upgrade.

For once, NCSoft is going in the right direction.

Increase of Frozen Stinger drop - Awesome.

Adding effects to Lower belt so that people can run Asura - Very nice indeed.

GEm slots can not go below 3 - Nice, but would have been awesome if RNG was removed totally.

Now, if only, they would inform us about bot and hacker problems and what is being deone, that would be nice. But baby steps I guess. Let's see how it goes.

But if can decide to either ugrade some accessory that gives u xy crit or acc or crit dmg or sth or to upragde sth that gives u dunno 1k hp and a bit defence and stuff?

Well i'd go for Crit/Dmg/Acc.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, NN13 said:

You are, right?

So, what is the problem?

Yes, you could have upgraded something else, but then again, you got one thing upgraded. An upgrade is an upgrade.

An upgrade that costs close to 600g for no real upgrade isn't a small thing to some people. The benefit is not worth the cost AT ALL and it's a huge problem for the people who upgraded based on the information they had until just an hour ago.

If you wasted hundreds of gold you wouldn't just go "Oh, well at least I got 300 extra HP" you'd be pissed. Stop trying to downplay other people's feelings. They're justified.

Bet the ppl who are like "Why do u enrage, an upgrade is an upgrade" would be the ones who cry the loudest if they had already upgraded their belt for 2 k more hp and 100 more defense instead of having half of their weapon or earing/ring etc.

16 minutes ago, NN13 said:

You are, right?

So, what is the problem?

For once, NCSoft is going in the right direction.

Increase of Frozen Stinger drop - Awesome.

Adding effects to Lower belt so that people can run Asura - Very nice indeed.

GEm slots can not go below 3 - Nice, but would have been awesome if RNG was removed totally.

Now, if only, they would inform us about bot and hacker problems and what is being deone, that would be nice. But baby steps I guess. Let's see how it goes.

another fanboi... people wasted tons of resources! for 120 defense and 150 hp, they would never do so, they did it to be able to run asura... 

it is same as with weapon paths, people sold tons of stuff and farmed to death, to reach awaken pirate, and last minute change, oh, you didnt need to

7 minutes ago, Luca094 said:

Bet the ppl who are like "Why do u enrage, an upgrade is an upgrade" would be the ones who cry the loudest if they had already upgraded their belt for 2 k more hp and 100 more defense instead of having half of their weapon or earing/ring etc.

You will have to upgrade your belt sooner or later. What's the fuss...

I heard Accuracy is much needed in Asura. So what would u upgrade? Earing giving u Acc and Crit Dmg etc or belt giving u like 2k Hp and mostly useless/low stats u don't rly need? That's the point if ppl still don't get it.

I suggest you go read the Terms and Conditions ... you know... the big blue box with lot of text that you click I Agree on every time you log in... and stop whining like some self-entitled little kids.

You chose to upgrade, fair enough, why?? to run Sogun's Lament.. also fine, but.. if you rush into something it generally doesn't work out too well.  What do you get for running the dungeon within the first day?? Bragging rights?? No one gives two cents about you being the first through a dungeon.  

I find it better in the long term to wait until these patches are actually released, especially since this isn't the first time a 'surprise' has been added soon after a preview stream.

The problem is the amount of resources (time and money) people would have put into the upgrade to get to the "best gears" for the next patch, that was their decision and they must live by it. If a change has been made that was out of your control then such is life.. move on. I can assure you that those people who spent "all those resources to upgrade this belt" asking for a refund/compensation don't actually need it.

NCSoft's move to make the dungeon more accessible to slightly lower geared people is a very smart decision and it shows that they at least pay a little attention to the needs of the general population and not solely to those with the best gears, who burnt through content like the world is going to end tomorrow...that was their decision to do so and therefore they should live with it and move on.

24 minutes ago, Watandara said:

You could have upgraded other, more useful stuff, talking about a decent amount of resources as well. That's the fuss.

but you already have the belt done so you can forget about it for a longer time, contrary to people who have to upgrade everything still. I really fail to see a problem here. I'm happy that the majority of people will be able to check out the new dungeon, and not only those who have to always get the latest thing.

11 minutes ago, Nureha said:

I suggest you go read the Terms and Conditions ... you know... the big blue box with lot of text that you click I Agree on every time you log in... and stop whining like some self-entitled little kids.

You chose to upgrade, fair enough, why?? to run Sogun's Lament.. also fine, but.. if you rush into something it generally doesn't work out too well.  What do you get for running the dungeon within the first day?? Bragging rights?? No one gives two cents about you being the first through a dungeon.  

I find it better in the long term to wait until these patches are actually released, especially since this isn't the first time a 'surprise' has been added soon after a preview stream.

My point exactly.

3 minutes ago, JayMagic said:

The problem is the amount of resources (time and money) people would have put into the upgrade to get to the "best gears" for the next patch, that was their decision and they must live by it. If a change has been made that was out of your control then such is life.. move on. I can assure you that those people who spent "all those resources to upgrade this belt" asking for a refund/compensation don't actually need it.

NCSoft's move to make the dungeon more accessible to slightly lower geared people is a very smart decision and it shows that they at least pay a little attention to the needs of the general population and not solely to those with the best gears, who burnt through content like the world is going to end tomorrow...that was their decision to do so and therefore they should live with it and move on.

theres no problem with making content more accessible, but again changes on last moment... and about ppl who dont need it, i know many ppl who have basic needed accuracy, 550ap, then next logic update was belt, so many ppl did so(i finished upgrading my belt few hours before this news, and i ended with 1g, awaken oath to scorpio is 60+70+25 stingers, 7 trans stones and lot other suff)... on the contrary super rich people were just waiting, and win now... ofcourse i have right to be unhappy with this kind of changes, theyre good, but they should be announced WAY SOONER - it was exactly same with pirate/oath branch

12 minutes ago, Nattia said:

but you already have the belt done so you can forget about it for a longer time, contrary to people who have to upgrade everything still. I really fail to see a problem here. I'm happy that the majority of people will be able to check out the new dungeon, and not only those who have to always get the latest thing.

People chose to upgrade their belt only for the full resist buff. Without that, it's barely worth it spending 500g+ on some +Def and +HP + HP-Regen.

"You don't have to worry about it later", so what, better spend the gold on something useful now like weapons or accessories which boost your offensive stats or + Accuracy which is needed for Asura and worry about the belt later than how it is now.

8 minutes ago, babeln said:

theres no problem with making content more accessible, but again changes on last moment... and about ppl who dont need it, i know many ppl who have basic needed accuracy, 550ap, then next logic update was belt, so many ppl did so(i finished upgrading my belt few hours before this news, and i ended with 1g, awaken oath to scorpio is 60+70+25 stingers, 7 trans stones and lot other suff)... on the contrary super rich people were just waiting, and win now... ofcourse i have right to be unhappy with this kind of changes, theyre good, but they should be announced WAY SOONER - it was exactly same with pirate/oath branch

I Understand your position, but you and other people have fallen into this position because of a lack of proper planning and wanting to finish the next set of content the day it lands. You should have taken a hint from NCSoft's past actions with the short notices after a live stream or update announcement and planned accordingly...well basically wait for the update to land THEN get the gears required. 

Additionally: They even say in all their live streams "This is NOT the final state of the content, CHANGES will be made soon BEFORE it's finally released" , I can bet you $500 that@Babbletr0n would repeat those same words to all of you who rushed your upgrades which were unnecessary once again.

5 minutes ago, Watandara said:

People chose to upgrade their belt only for the full resist buff. Without that, it's barely worth it spending 500g+ on some +Def and +HP + HP-Regen. "You don't have to worry about it later", so what, better spend the gold on something useful now like weapons or accessories which boost your offensive stats and worry about the belt later than this.

yea, if theres ever any reason to upgrade dumb belt, i would never do so, thats the point... every other thing gives something useful, belt lowers your hp, gives almost same heal, just raises defense

Just now, JayMagic said:

I Understand your position, but you and other people have fallen into this position because of a lack of proper planning and wanting to finish the next set of content the day it lands. You should have taken a hint from NCSoft's past actions with the short notices after a live stream or update announcement and planned accordingly...well basically wait for the update to land THEN get the gears required. 

Additionally: They even say in all their live streams "This is NOT the final state of the content, CHANGES will be made soon BEFORE it's finally released" , I can bet you $500 that@Babbletr0n would repeat those same words to all of you who rushed your upgrades which were unnecessary once again.

yes i agree, i will take example from rich people around, who didnt upgrade, were just waiting, cuz this reasons... silly me =(

Just now, babeln said:

yea, if theres ever any reason to upgrade dumb belt, i would never do so, thats the point... every other thing gives something useful, belt lowers your hp, gives almost same heal, just raises defense

huh? I have more HP now with awakened oathbreaker than with siren belt

3 minutes ago, Nattia said:

huh? I have more HP now with awakened oathbreaker than with siren belt

what about scorpio belt? (not awakened) blows siren totally 

edit: but it gives just resist, even with new changes... point is, awaken scorpio over awaken oath, is minor stats upgrade, borderline useles, and price is at least half of awakened scorpio weapon

7 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

Hello Blade & Soul Fans,

During the Shattered Empire preview livestream on April 20, we showed you some of the new content coming to Blade & Soul.  However, there have been some last minute adjustments and we wanted to make sure the community was informed ahead of time.

1. The Hongmoon Pellet was mistakenly being sold in a stack of 5 on the Zen Bean Trader and thus showed 5 times the cost.  This has been corrected to 1x Hongmoon Pellet which will cost 2x Training Certificate and 14x Pugilist's Token.  These items can be purchased from the Zen Bean Trader or the Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express for a discount.

2. We explained on the livestream how having a certain level Belt was important to resist the debuffs placed on your character in Sogun's Lament.  The Scorpio Belt from 6-member Awakened Necropolis will still provide a partial resist, but to make this transition easier for players, we have expanded the "Resist's Asura's Brand" buff to all stages of the following belts:

• Awakened Oathbreaker Belt
  • True Oathbreaker Belt
  • Awakened Scorpio Belt
  • True Scorpio Belt

We are really excited to release Shattered Empire next Wednesday, April 27, and wanted to make sure that the community was as informed as possible.  We will be posting official Patch Notes early next week with lots of updates, improvements, and fixes for the game.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Lien

This is complete bullshit. Excuse my language but I spent 600g upgrading my belt from awakened siren to awakened scorpio for the asura brand effect which is better then the cheap scorpio belt you get from awakened necropolis. There was no reason to hold all the newbies hands that didn't upgrade to awakened scorpio!!! I want, no, I DEMAND some sort of compensation! For all those like me who spent lots of cash on treasure trove keys or spent their entire life since hitting level 50 in soulstone plains for our upgraded gear, you are just giving out a belt effect which took me 600 gold to achieve to people who couldn't afford it!

They should of been FINE with the regular  Scorpio Belt from Awakened Necropolis, they didn't need NCsoft holding their hands. I want compensation, I left WoW because they did the same thing, they choose to hold the hand of casuals and reward them over the whales/hardcore players that spent a LOT of time achieving what we have. I want compensation!!! You did us WRONG NCsoft!

Lol, You upgrade. Good for you. Are you saying the items you upgraded won't be used because of this? Are you saying screw the majority of people who didn't upgrade? Dude. The game is alive or not depends on the player base. First world problem, whiny little bitches.

Why complain when it's your own choice to rush the upgrade. The patch is on the 27th, what's the point of upgrading now instead of waiting till patch hits? You could have just save your mats and wait till patch day to upgrade.

I myself plan to run asura 4-man as soon as I can, but I choose not to rush the upgrade, and use scorpio belt instead and antidote if I have to, there are option available, maybe not the best option but still option. If scorpio belt and antidote is not the most optimal way to run it I would then upgrade my belt, there wasn't even a need to rush it, the price wasn't going to go up for the materials needed, since it's needed for everything else as well.

So thankful and grateful for this. Yes this transition was harsh and honestly i had no hope of getting the belt done in time ( before weapen upgrade ) of this patch. This also will make f8 slightly more successful for random groups, and since i absolutely depend on f8 since all my freinds quit, once again, grateful for this change. Keep giving power to the people NCsoft, forget these *crickets* who think requiring a belt upgrade is "dificult" etc.

I wouldn't have upgraded it anyway without seeing at least how dificult it was to avoid the damage this belt resists. Kinda puzzled at the people who upgraded already and are complaining. If you spent that much gold on a defence upgrade this early before patch, gonna guess you probs had it to spare.

45 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

This is complete bullshit. Excuse my language but I spent 600g upgrading my belt from awakened siren to awakened scorpio for the asura brand effect which is better then the cheap scorpio belt you get from awakened necropolis. There was no reason to hold all the newbies hands that didn't upgrade to awakened scorpio!!! I want, no, I DEMAND some sort of compensation! For all those like me who spent lots of cash on treasure trove keys or spent their entire life since hitting level 50 in soulstone plains for our upgraded gear, you are just giving out a belt effect which took me 600 gold to achieve to people who couldn't afford it!

They should of been FINE with the regular  Scorpio Belt from Awakened Necropolis, they didn't need NCsoft holding their hands. I want compensation, I left WoW because they did the same thing, they choose to hold the hand of casuals and reward them over the whales/hardcore players that spent a LOT of time achieving what we have. I want compensation!!! You did us WRONG NCsoft!

This doesn't effect you, you would have upgraded anyways, you'll have a larger pool of people that can go to the instance with you, and you want compensation for playing/paying like you have no life? I deserve compensation for reading your faulty logic.

Wow so you people DO know that you have forums and you ARE able to type messages onto them!

Can't wait to see patch notes with no real fixes or any attempt at balancing. Not to mention melee being utterly useless in SSP, not that it would matter too much since it's overrun with hacker bots anyway.......

How bout some more "events" which consist of a slot machine popping up on my screen once a day?

Archived