Upcoming Changes to Shattered Empire 4/27

Babbletr0n

I realy like this change, most of my eq is on siren my weappon is on true pirate, and now that's a little hope for my to see the new dungeon from the inside :) but i will still wait to upgrade because i don't know if my gear is enough or not.

but thanks ncsoft <3 your are seems to care about that people that stuck at there bad gear at this moment (lower cost for moonwater transformation stones, more stingers, more events)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Tyserius said:

How about those who have actually upgraded in preparation of the patch to Awakened Scorpio belt? We could have otherwise used the upgrade materials on other pieces given the low drop rates on most of the materials.... I kinda want some reimbursement on this as it's rather unfair for us who have done so. Although this move is very much welcome to help people but I think I still want a bit of clarification on my part.

Why should they reimburse you because of something you did? It was you who decided to rush an upgrade nearly a week before the update.

You visit your local support store and are told you ABSOLUTELY MUST upgrade this one item or your system just wont work.

Its usually not a priority on your list the other items would improve your performance more.

So you pinch and pull funds from wherever you can and work overtime to buy it and make it with time to spare 

Then they tell you later they were wrong and the one you had was fine, and add in the lower graded model than what you had would also have worked.

Its kind of messed up.

I would see the manager about it and expect a refund, to be able to return the item, and use my money on something else.

22 hours ago, Tyserius said:

How about those who have actually upgraded in preparation of the patch to Awakened Scorpio belt? We could have otherwise used the upgrade materials on other pieces given the low drop rates on most of the materials.... I kinda want some reimbursement on this as it's rather unfair for us who have done so. Although this move is very much welcome to help people but I think I still want a bit of clarification on my part.

You're too self-centered mate. You need to realize that you're not important for you are but one person. New laws, new changes, which you might not know about, are made everyday. Imagine the U.S president has to give a personal clarification of everything he does. No, he only needs to make an announcement. No changes will ever satisfy everyone. As long as it helps the majority it's good enough. Learn how to cope with changes, or you will always be "that person."  

44 minutes ago, Phabiusbile said:

You visit your local support store and are told you ABSOLUTELY MUST upgrade this one item or your system just wont work.

Its usually not a priority on your list the other items would improve your performance more.

So you pinch and pull funds from wherever you can and work overtime to buy it and make it with time to spare 

Then they tell you later they were wrong and the one you had was fine, and add in the lower graded model than what you had would also have worked.

Its kind of messed up.

I would see the manager about it and expect a refund, to be able to return the item, and use my money on something else.

Please link me where did anyone from NCSoft say that it IS ABSOLUTELY MUST to upgrade NOW, AT THIS VERY MOMENT AND NOT A WEEK LATER.

First of all, watch the stream. They repeatedly said that majority of the things shown on stream are not final. Then, they said that we will get a wine(consumable) that will entirely mitigate Asura's Brand, therefore, there is a choice.

So, your ANALOGY is COMPLETELY WRONG.

I do not like NCSoft one bit. Lack of care for players, lack of communication, cashgrab, etc. But this is one thing they are doing right, so I am going to stand with NCSoft on this one.

WTF is this,

I just spent lot of golds to upgraded my Belt ...now you come up with this bullshit. I'm broke now, I want my money back...or roll back my belt please.

Fk this bs...tell me whose comes up with this bs thing.

No one forced anyone of you to rush to max your belt. They will definitely not reroll it to what it used to be and to be honest at least you don't need to later on waste time on the belt again. Sounds to me you guys cry because now others can go to the new dungeons easier and not spend time and money on the upgrades just to get in. 

Regards from someone who is still at Pirate and Siren stages. o/

5 hours ago, Hongmoon said:

Using shill logic, no one should complain about hackers in ssp or arena. No one is forcing you to do them.

*giggle* That is not logic at all because hackers are using cheats to win unless you are saying people with Aw scorpio belts used hacks to get it.

Please believe me when I say that I do not entirely agree with some of the decisions that NC makes.

Do I agree with the rush in content release? no.

Do I understand why they are rushing the content? Yes.

But you guys probably all have to agree with the following point that I will be making. regardless of whether you admit it or not.

Us as players, fulfill part of the reason why they are rushing the content.

They release a level cap of 45 with end game material being poharan. people rush to cap level and complete poharan with relative ease within weeks of release.

they release BSH/tower/lab as end game material, and people rush to upgrade and be strong enough to complete it before its released. after its released, people rush and are strong enough to complete it with relative ease within days.

they release level 50 cap with end game being yeti/necro/lair and people rush to upgrade to be strong enough to complete 4-mans before its not even out.

they announce asura and people rush to upgrade to prepare for it when the content isn't even due for a week or more?

seriously people, open your eyes and look at what is happening.

if the player base weren't rushing to "keep up", do you think they'll keep releasing material? maybe. maybe not.

but if they see that the players are still (at this current time), all still using infernal or profane weapons, still working through poharan/bsh etc, and starting to try lab, for instance, do you think maybe, they'll take a second look at their content release and maaaybe consider that they should revise some things?

they dump material ridden with "maybe-this, maybe-that" because its not finalized content. so what if it comes from another region with finalized content? the fact is, its not finalized for us because its NOT OUT YET.  those of you who rushed to upgrade based on non-finalized information that is based on non-finalized material and content, is just doing nothing more than making a rash decision to do things while ill-informed.

by now you should of realized that content is always subject to change until its actually out. and EVEN WHEN IT IS OUT, its still subject to change to some degree.

just calm down and enjoy the game for itself.

why the rush? to stay ahead of the playerbase curve? I totally understand. but remember that you are severely ahead of the curve already. you COULD be taking it easy and still be far ahead...

they rush the material.

players rush to keep up.

players complain on forums about rushed pace. BUT STILL RUSH TO KEEP UP.

NC automatically thinks that we're doing alright in keeping up at this pace. (when really, we're not enjoying this pace)

my suggestion? just chill on the upgrades for a while, enjoy the content we get as we get it, and dont' rush to complete it in days, then go complain that either nothing new is coming out, or that you wasted materials and resources on an upgrade that wasn't necessary.

On 22/04/2016 at 3:33 AM, Zuzu said:

That's like if you went to a store to buy a bag of chips for $5.

Next day it goes on sale to $3 without warning.

You're not going to get a refund nor money back for the decision you made in buying the bag of chips without waiting.

Just gotta move on, to politely put it.

@OP - Saved me from actually upgrading my belt to Awakened Scorpio!

It's actually more like you bought the chips, then waited 3 days then opened them and they were stale and you found out the homebrand was restocked fresh that day and you could paid less for good chips. I mean if you wanna get technical, investing in the chips then finding out you could have done with the homebrand that would have been staleish on the 3rd day but saved money and gotten basically the same chips but for a smaller price (A scorp belt instead of a 500g oathbreaker with basically unuseful stats and the same passive which is a priority - then you ask them to label clearly the "made on" date rather than the "use by date" and people throw technical bullsh-t thats widespread and stupid when my metaphor actually applies better to the situation and you'd expect them - in future; to at least design the system so as not to rip people off since it would be easy as f-cking pie but they're designing it to rip people off.

Then reimburse them later.

Then rip them off.

Then reimburse them. Then rip them off.

Enjoy your oathbreaker belts, most of us don't care about PVP because the game is infested with ruin and you can laugh it up when all of a sudden or in some ways that investment paid off, we'll laugh it up with our scorp belts.

So don't throw you cover your own ass alternate GM bs at us you coward.

1. Any plans for mailing issue? I mean the one which doesn't let you send mail to your second character on same server. 

2. Are you playing this game without god powers and other benefits? Do you feel it balance enough, at least the upgrade and hm things?

3. Do you plan to change/improve the crafting system?

Off-topic: As I read above, cause of people who rush the things up I or maybe We cannot even enjoy the game as a game. At my first character I tried to rush as well to be able to dungeons otherwise there wouldn't be anyone and as we know, dungeons, some dungeons require more than 1 player.

Oh god again cry babies here on this forum as usual ..... people here are just dumb as hell its your fault next time listnen whole stream and as someone post here they say ITS NOT FINAL VERSION that mean 100% things they said can be changed and its cost you so much mats??? Why you need upgraded it before patch ? you can farm mats ok but then patch comes official patch i mean and tadaa you can spend mats on what you want or you need to instan click on log in and go Asura in 1st minute of playing after patch ? I think that 4 mins of clicking on upgrade etc etc its your fault and it always be your fault when you doing such a thing . 

Bdw GJ Ncosft first time i can say this cause 2 weeks for gear is for some people so fast then they can go and enjoy it. And last thing you thing your belt upgrade is useless ? Any upgrade is worth you need it later so now you can focus on other things and its not just some deffence its alot defense and healing if you thing its not try to look on your hp when yeti jumps on your face and you loose 80% of hp without defense.

Sorry for poor english .

13 hours ago, pancakeland said:

-snip-

You lost me on your analogy.

Anyways, no one told anyone to rush to awakened scorpio belt. A regular one was good enough but majority of the rich panicked and rushed.

Last time I checked, that wasn't NCsoft's fault, it was the player's.

But can't please both sides.

another dick move from ncsoft....

its fine they want to make it easier for casuals, but its *cricket*ed up they do theese changes and give the info about it, 1 day before it happens, especially when they have a live stream saying completely opposite of what is happening now.

God what retarded *cricket*ing company.

sure i got some upgrades i would have eventually gotten, in a year maybe...but i could have very much have used those upgrades elsewhere, instead of paying hundreds of gold for what is now a luls increase of +60 defense...... this is some retarded bullshit yet again.

how can they majorly *cricket* off players, week after week, its absolutely mind numbing, when issues that have been there from start barely gets touched, like optimzation, bots and cheaters.....arghhh, im starting to hate this company so much, 3 months in and game runs worse than in start, hackers everywhere and week after week i get pissed up and down the back by developers.

On 4/22/2016 at 3:29 PM, Tyserius said:

FYI: typical MMO pattern -> Come out with new content, make it hard and grindy so players spend time doing it and not achieve max level within few days. This can mean weeks/months of grinding. Those players that achieves the BiS gear earns their bragging rights and their chances to earn the big loot rewards.

2-3 months later, new content comes out, previous grind gets nerfed to 1-2 weeks (or days in the case of FF14 ARR) stead of months so the rest of the player base can catch up a bit and attempt the new content.

The player base always have two choices:

1. Grind for BiS and abuse your bragging rights. In the case of BnS, this can take form of those high AP party formations. Gets the chance to do all those 4-man dungeons and earn the big bucks. EG: SF MP tech for 500g.

2. Don't grind for BiS. Wait for patches as this, so it no longer require 100g to upgrade 1 gear but now can upgrade all of the gear for the same price. EG: That same SF MP Tech now sells for only 50g.

Reimbursement? LMAO.

• Liinxy unpinned and locked this topic

Archived