Forums

Upcoming Changes to Shattered Empire 4/27

Babbletr0n

Hello Blade & Soul Fans,

During the Shattered Empire preview livestream on April 20, we showed you some of the new content coming to Blade & Soul.  However, there have been some last minute adjustments and we wanted to make sure the community was informed ahead of time.

1. The Hongmoon Pellet was mistakenly being sold in a stack of 5 on the Zen Bean Trader and thus showed 5 times the cost.  This has been corrected to 1x Hongmoon Pellet which will cost 2x Training Certificate and 14x Pugilist's Token.  These items can be purchased from the Zen Bean Trader or the Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express for a discount.

2. We explained on the livestream how having a certain level Belt was important to resist the debuffs placed on your character in Sogun's Lament.  The Scorpio Belt from 6-member Awakened Necropolis will still provide a partial resist, but to make this transition easier for players, we have expanded the "Resist's Asura's Brand" buff to all stages of the following belts:

• Awakened Oathbreaker Belt
  • True Oathbreaker Belt
  • Awakened Scorpio Belt
  • True Scorpio Belt

We are really excited to release Shattered Empire next Wednesday, April 27, and wanted to make sure that the community was as informed as possible.  We will be posting official Patch Notes early next week with lots of updates, improvements, and fixes for the game.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Lien

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about those who have actually upgraded in preparation of the patch to Awakened Scorpio belt? We could have otherwise used the upgrade materials on other pieces given the low drop rates on most of the materials.... I kinda want some reimbursement on this as it's rather unfair for us who have done so. Although this move is very much welcome to help people but I think I still want a bit of clarification on my part.

As always ncsoft team don't care about there players. If you didn't rush content non stop without even thinking there would be no transition issue. 
What about the people who already spend all the materials and gold in upgrading. Every single time you do something to ruin others there day.

Thx a lot Babbletr0n

3 minutes ago, Tyserius said:

How about those who have actually upgraded in preparation of the patch to Awakened Scorpio belt? We could have otherwise used the upgrade materials on other pieces given the low drop rates on most of the materials.... I kinda want some reimbursement on this as it's rather unfair for us who have done so. Although this move is very much welcome to help people but I think I still want a bit of clarification on my part.

That's like if you went to a store to buy a bag of chips for $5.

Next day it goes on sale to $3 without warning.

You're not going to get a refund nor money back for the decision you made in buying the bag of chips without waiting.

Just gotta move on, to politely put it.

@OP - Saved me from actually upgrading my belt to Awakened Scorpio!

14 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

That's like if you went to a store to buy a bag of chips for $5.

Next day it goes on sale to $3 without warning.

You're not going to get a refund nor money back for the decision you made in buying the bag of chips without waiting.

Just gotta move on, to politely put it.

@OP - Saved me from actually upgrading my belt to Awakened Scorpio!

That's a pretty poor example... As most stores where I'm from if that happens, you are entitled to a refund within the first week as long as it's unopened. I'm just not really keen on the fact that this was not mentioned in the live stream and most people have upgraded their stuff because of that until this news came along.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome this change with two thumbs up but there should have been a better, proper clarification to this.

As a matter of fact, on the live stream it was mentioned that only the Awakened Scorpio belt gave resistance hence the upgrades done.

I love both the changes :3

24k zen beans can easily be farmed casually over a few weeks and with all the rest of our gear competing for upgrade priority, upgrading from awakened siren belt felt rather lackluster despite the great increase in stats.

Thanks for the heads up ~

37 minutes ago, Tyserius said:

they know they are rushing content and are giving the abillity to more players to join asura

what does it affect you in? you could have upgraded smthg else right but even still u will have a better belt/stats for doing it and belt gives an high survival do you think that the next dungeons will just require evade this or that?

with the evolution of content dungeons will eventually be more strategical to finish than a dps rush

also the worst thing u can ask is for a strategical dungeon with a dps rush(these ones on a game that i played required 20peeps where 2-3 had to tank and a healler DPSer and guess what? if the tanks didnt had abt 1/3rd the dps of the DDers it was a granted wipe unless some people where already with the weap that bellongs to that dg because the timer is so tight and theres plenty of stall through adds spawn it would be a 100% wipe)

1 minute ago, Netson said:

they know they are rushing content and are giving the abillity to more players to join asura

what does it affect you in? you could have upgraded smthg else right but even still u will have a better belt/stats for doing it and belt gives an high survival do you think that the next dungeons will just require evade this or that?

with the evolution of content dungeons will eventually be more strategical to finish than a dps rush

also the worst thing u can ask is for a strategical dungeon with a dps rush(these ones on a game that i played required 20peeps where 2-3 had to tank and a healler DPSer and guess what? if the tanks didnt had abt 1/3rd the dps of the DDers it was a granted wipe unless some people where already with the weap that bellongs to that dg because the timer is so tight and theres plenty of stall through adds spawn it would be a 100% wipe)

Don't get me wrong, This change is amazing, but the fact that they mentioned on stream being that Awakened Scorpio was the only one that gives resistance, most people have upgraded to that. This change is uncalled for hence I think extra clarification needs to be made.

2 minutes ago, Mange said:

ARE YOU *cricket*ING KIDDING ME????

My Belt is already max, so i waste the darts etc. now for nothing!? THANKS A LOT NCSOFT!

Yes, and btw. my lvl 45 Sum only has 338 AP and I can't run Yeti, so could you pls upgrade the stats of my stuff so that I can run this content?

Cuz seems legit atm to just upgrade lower gear so that everyone can run everything. Should implement this system in Aion,too ->If my gear is too low for instances, just upgrade it pls, NC. And of course you didn't know earlier about the high pace of your content patches and that ppl might have probs to keep their gear upgraded so it's ok to just tell them 5 days before update "Hey, you wasted your mats and money cuz changes incoming *trollface*" Gj NC, i start to think u WANT ppl to throw stones through your windows, so keep up the awesome work :)

edit: This was sarcasm.

I understand wanting to make content more accessible, but it REALLY, REALLY sucks for those of us who were able to stay current with our gear. The only reason I even upgraded my belt at all was to get the Asura's Brand resist. Now it's available even on Awakened Oath.

I feel like I wasted a lot of materials and gold, and it doesn't make me very happy.

All those people saying it was a waste of money to upgrade to awaken scorp.. well.
You could've used the scorp belt itself just for asura dungeon.. wth ? lol 
You wasted money even if this announcement would've been released weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Sachi said:

All those people saying it was a waste of money to upgrade to awaken scorp.. well.
You could've used the scorp belt itself just for asura dungeon.. wth ? lol 
You wasted money even if this announcement would've been released weeks ago.

The belt you're talking about didn't offer full resist, while the awakened scorpio does. If I had known they would be doing this I could've saved 5 naryu tablets (kinda rare for me), a lot of moonstones, and HUNDREDS of Frozen Stingers.

I hope you can see why some people wold be upset by this change after the livestream yesterday.

The Scorp belt only gives a reduction of the debuff (90% heal reduction to 50% I think, but not sure). The Awakened Scorpio (and now everything from Awakened Oathbreaker) grants complete resistance to that debuff and that makes a difference in my opinion.

So, people upgraded there belt?

So, are you not getting the benefits for upgrading?

You are, right?

So, what is the problem?

Yes, you could have upgraded something else, but then again, you got one thing upgraded. An upgrade is an upgrade.

For once, NCSoft is going in the right direction.

Increase of Frozen Stinger drop - Awesome.

Adding effects to Lower belt so that people can run Asura - Very nice indeed.

GEm slots can not go below 3 - Nice, but would have been awesome if RNG was removed totally.

Now, if only, they would inform us about bot and hacker problems and what is being deone, that would be nice. But baby steps I guess. Let's see how it goes.

I guess it could make a big difference to some people ~ 

I can see why its kind of frustrating for you
But you guys can think of it this way, you would've eventually upgraded the belt later on.
You can now rest easy knowing you don't have to upgrade the belt for a loooooooong while.

Srsly!

I run 4 man yeti over 200 times. Just for farming this shity darts. The loot table was horrible! Most of the time only 2-3 pieces! After receipt my darts and finally upgrad to my belt (only because for Asura) i see this shit now. Its good for people with no gear. But for the players who farm just for the belt and not for the main thinks like weapon, ring etc. its just a *cricket*ing punch in the face! 

Archived