Forums

I thought this game was meant for the long run?

Proxima

15 hours ago, Saoyara said:

Sadly seems like:

http://2p.com/42155110_1/KDB-Daewoo-Securities-Blade-amp-Soul-US-Generated-More-Than-17M-in-New-Revenue-by-emma.htm

all that money and nothing invested to improve the playerbase experience ^^

I was hoping also that NCSoft would actually wake up one day and fix all the stuff, but honestly it seems its not going to be that way.

They are like sleeping botty .. waiting for the kiss from prince hacking ... to wake up after years of eternal sleep

At this rate , the sleep is gonna last a long time 

No competition for the next months, true, but then you get Legion as competitor.

People have a very strong attachment to WoW, there is also alot of talk about Vanilla Servers. This will create massive competition, Legion doesn't even need to be good, it beeing WoW will draw alot of players.

NCSoft not doing anything for BnS isn't exactly true either. I think they try, but I still feel like not logging back into the game if the games playerbase will diminish in a big way. I just need a bigger community so the crazy grind isn't just for myself.

Yesterday I started 3v3 PvP again, and I waited 3 minuts to get a game on bronze. I waited like 10minuts for the LFG-Tool to get me a 4man group for Necro. It really doesn't feel like the playerbase will stick around. This takes nearly all my motivation out... and the bigger problem is, I don't see what NC could do. These players left and will most likely not come back. I dislike this game to turn into a small MMO. Is it really fking too late? I hate it, I want the game to be big.

I'm pretty disillusioned with this game by now, tbh, but it's not just because of NCWest's pretty poor management of it. The endless materials and currency grind, for only a marginal upgrade in your stats, coupled with the childish toxic community and general lack of anything to do outside of "farm skills/gear/outfits or slam your head against hackers and bots in PVP" have really made me move away from this title and play it only super casually, while investing more of my time into other games. Of course, the utter lack of communication and ineffectual bot/hack countermeasures taken by NCWest have also led me to search for greener pastures elsewhere, hopefully in a game where the publisher takes steps to satisfy their NA audience.

Right now I'm enjoying Skyforge for fun action combat, and got into the Riders of Icarus beta, which is scratching my itch for a classic "WoW-esque MMO" without making me actually re-sub to WoW.

I'm willing to try Bless. I don't recall blatant hacking in the aeria games that I've played. They also don't care about rollbacks, so weird stuff like hacks/exploits don't have any impact on the gameplay. At least they're more proactive with fixing stuff even if it means long downtimes.

I'll just play ninja elins in the meantime.

17 hours ago, Proxima said:

Yeah there aren't many good MMO's out anymore. Most of them are either old or just really bad for various reasons.

When did old, mean bad?  Or for that matter, maybe the problem with MMOs today, is that mentality.  "Can't play this MMO anymore, it's old."  The way to keep a MMO good and have devs who care is to have a loyal fanbase.  They stop caring and go for the money grab when they know they don't have a loyal fanbase, and sadly, that's what the western playerbase is looking like.  Start game, move onto next one.

2 hours ago, Saoyara said:

BLESS wont ever get to BnS level, is just an old style MMO with TERA/BnS camera option (which is kinda false cause you can tab target as someone mentioned) and renewed graphics nothing else. I remember back then someone was saying that ToS (Tree of Savior) was gonna rekt BnS, now none of those talk after seeing that they were wrong. All that NCSoft has to do is get their shit together and fix the stuff instead of swimming in 17 Milion dollars and watch how the game gets destroyed.

Never understood how anyone could think ToS would rek anything.  Always hear talk about graphics this and graphics that and then they think that game with tear apart another game?  It has nice aesthetics, but that's it.  No customization at all.

Game do age, and if they only recycle the old ideas, well, people get bored. SWTOR for example made a mistake of starting to change things too late.

As nostalgic as I am for the great fun I had with Baldur's Gate 1, I have absolutely zero desire to play a top-down 6 people party turn-based game again, after trying SWTOR. After trying BnS, I have no desire to ever again keybind 40+ keys and rehearse my rotations.

Ideally, if the games innovated towards what SWTOR sort of tried with short bursts of new and variable content, and fairly frequently, and the fluid, non-arduous combat system, and far easier to participate in group content like 24M instances in this game, and, obviously, cool art and stuff and a strong PvP component, mixing arena and battleground style play that was gear-equalized with some perks earned through rating....

Basically creating a game where you can get immersed and do not need to be either ace player or spend 2+ hours a day doing the same thing to keep up with the content, and you do grouping cheerfully and sporadically rather than by finding MMO-friends, now, that would be one hell of a game. I think a goal of keeping a person in a game for a couple of years, with a very welcoming newcomer experience, to accept the attrition, would be something to consider.

I don't think the 'tough luck' approach works great.

Yep, I don;t want to play an old game, because I started SWTOR 2 or 3 years into the game, and it was not fun being among the audience that have seen it all, and have done it all & was dvindling. BnS is weird, because well, it is both new and old. I would like to get into a brand new title next time, after only a couple of months on the market (to make sure it is not a horrible flop). :)

19 hours ago, Saoyara said:

Sadly seems like:

http://2p.com/42155110_1/KDB-Daewoo-Securities-Blade-amp-Soul-US-Generated-More-Than-17M-in-New-Revenue-by-emma.htm

I was hoping also that NCSoft would actually wake up one day and fix all the stuff, but honestly it seems its not going to be that way.

It's a quick cash grab.

The only game that might be close or even better than BNS will be Revelation Online. its basically the same game almost, but its made by new company as far as i know and i think they will try to make it gooood ,cause they have to prove themself. There are a lot of articles saying it will be released this year, but who knows.

They've had a lot of time and chances to sort out the problems and communicate with the community. Now, I'm not saying they haven't done anything at all or tried anything since launch, but the answer to bots seems to be LameGuard which causes trouble for legit players while bots and hackers run wild. Communication is mostly the occasional "That's a great idea! We'll let the dev team know" or "We're doing stuff but can't talk about it" and lots of silence.

I was pleasantly surprised by this game. I was hopeful. I waited patiently. I've seen the issues get worse, not better. Those ridiculous cash gouge stamps were the final wakeup call for me. There's a difference between a healthy desire to make a profit and squeezing every penny you possibly can before the whales migrate elsewhere to be milked. It's a cash grab and an aggressive one at that.

8 minutes ago, GlowLight said:

there is communication on their live stream on twitch.

i am currently playing blade and soul europe

What bloody good is that when most of the community don't have time to watch livestreams? They should alteast post snippets with concurrent topics on announcements for *cricket*s sake. This community want interaction, not some deferred content from a live stream most of us don't watch.

That's not true Glowlight. Watch the last streams, they are avoiding all questions about the issues people are talking here.

People spamming the chat demanding answers and they were like "oh, seems there's not more questions".

22 hours ago, Saoyara said:

Sadly seems like:

So much money and they can't afford to hire some in-game GMs to ban bots and hackers?

4 minutes ago, Zuf said:

So much money and they can't afford to hire some in-game GMs to ban bots and hackers?

Well that's how cash grabs work. Would defeat the purpose if you dug into all that profit and spent it unnecessarily now wouldn't it?

Just now, GlowLight said:

you can request to ban suspected bots via ncsoft's customer support.

Are you just posting the same shit from the other thread over and over again?

Lol, forum bot.

Archived