I thought this game was meant for the long run?

Proxima

Hey guys,

When the game first launched I thought (and hoped) it was going to be for the long run. A game that was going to be big with a rich and filled community and a caring publisher.

I intended to really make it my main MMO that I play and bring my entire clan of friends here and really spend a lot of money on it.

However I am beginning to doubt that and I am starting to think this game is just a quick cash-grab on NCSoft's side... It feels they don't care about the game at all and just want money without really taking an effort to make the game good. Is this true? Is it really to last only for a few months because they don't care about it's future or does this game still has a future to become big and popular? Because if not then I can't see how anyone can play this game seriously and seriously invest time and resources in it...

1 minute ago, Saoyara said:

Sadly seems like:

http://2p.com/42155110_1/KDB-Daewoo-Securities-Blade-amp-Soul-US-Generated-More-Than-17M-in-New-Revenue-by-emma.htm

all that money and nothing invested to improve the playerbase experience ^^

I was hoping also that NCSoft would actually wake up one day and fix all the stuff, but honestly it seems its not going to be that way.

17 million and they can't get rid of the bots? :O Amazing.

In my view it is simply too early to judge if the game grows or not.

I'd wait to make this call until after the content is caught up, and everyone has been assured that NA/EU can participate in the tournament if they really desire to compete against the East.

I'd also look at what else will be available to us in 2017-2018.

At present, BnS hits a sweet spot of a new (to us) MMO that stands out by its non-ye-olde English village with elves setting and its combat system. We simply have no alternatives for a somewhat grown up game with an exotic setting, where a new player doesn't have to enter the world populated with the majority of players with 3+ years of history on that game who'd done and seen it all.

Unless BioWARE pulls out a brand-new MMO IP or something, what is really there if you don't want to string bows, breed horses, respond to the NPCs with the ''Twas a merry day."  and fit 40 some keybinds onto the keyboard with tab-targeting....

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

In my view it is simply too early to judge if the game grows or not.

I'd wait to make this call until after the content is caught up, and everyone has been assured that NA/EU can participate in the tournament if they really desire to compete against the East.

I'd also look at what else will be available to us in 2017-2018.

At present, BnS hits a sweet spot of a new (to us) MMO that stands out by its non-ye-olde English village with elves setting and its combat system. We simply have no alternatives for a somewhat grown up game with an exotic setting, where a new player doesn't have to enter the world populated with the majority of players with 3+ years of history on that game who'd done and seen it all.

Unless BioWARE pulls out a brand-new MMO IP or something, what is really there if you don't want to string bows, breed horses, respond to the NPCs with the ''Twas a merry day."  and fit 40 some keybinds onto the keyboard with tab-targeting....

Yeah there aren't many good MMO's out anymore. Most of them are either old or just really bad for various reasons.

Exactly. BnS will be enjoying a basically competition-free run for the next few months. We will see how it does. No game is perfect. BnS does a lot of things right, and very few - wrong. How it will pan out... well, I am curious, tbh. I mean, I play BnS because it the closest thing to Jade Empire MMO, and I will leave for the next BioWARE MMO title immediately, because I see BioWARE products as having a higher overall quality than BnS. And, BnS is my first non-BioWARE/Obsidian game since I started playing in 1997. :)

I kind of regret a quite big amount of money into this game, as it seems to only be getting worse without any solutions being added anytime soon. I might as well be wrong, since we don't hear anything about it except that " they're working on finding a solution". I don't think I'll invest any more money into the game for now, at least if it continues down this road. I don't want to see all the money I put into it just disappear because the game dies. Q_Q

3 minutes ago, Proxima said:

Totally off topic but do you think BLESS will be a good game / competetion?

http://bless-source.com/news/qa-with-senior-product-lead-chris/

I'd let folks with the mainstream tastes to judge that. I don't find it appealing personally, but that's nothing.  :)

I'll just keep playing BnS till winter at least, expanding laterally into the game and don't bother with the vertical progression until the NC West has time to catch its breath. If I burn out, I'll just do SP for a while to not deal with the MMO complications.

9 hours ago, Proxima said:

Totally off topic but do you think BLESS will be a good game / competetion?

http://bless-source.com/news/qa-with-senior-product-lead-chris/

I watched the video when someone fly over the maps with dragon. The enviroment looked somehow dull and half of the time it was pure desert. Character creation wasnt that good either.

About the ncsoft topic they do some things right and some wrong. And Im sure they wont let the bots 'take over the bns world'. I love the enviroments, dungeons, classes, character creation, outfits... So many thing i like in bns. :) And I'm glad we have different events, tho ppl always take the p2w attitude towards them. =.=

They have about a month, I like this game but the grind, bots and hackers not to mention performance issues and server lag make it more of a chore. If something isn't done soon it'll be in my recycle bin along with my CC information.

Overwatch will do more than enough to fill the gap I have to play games methinks.

17 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

Define whale pls o.o 

In this context, a 'whale' is someone who will be mesmerized by any and all shinies that so much as cross their line of sight and gleefully drop cash on them with carefree abandon.

Basically, big spenders.

9 minutes ago, GreatWario said:

In this context, a 'whale' is someone who will be mesmerized by any and all shinies that so much as cross their line of sight and gleefully drop cash on them with carefree abandon.

Basically, big spenders.

ahh i see, thank you for clarification.

2 hours ago, NekoBetty said:

BLESS will blow b&s out of the water.. Already has in Korea and its expanding faster then any mmo in that region to date.

BLESS is nothing close to BNS in term of combat skills. Bless is just old game with good graphics we are living in 2016 and playing games with tab targeting is somehow boring for me. As a guy who only cares about pvp coming for C9 (still the best pvp game for me) BNS is the only game that is somehow good in this. I dont like the bots, the hackers and few other stuff, but i never complained about balance or anything, cause i know there cant be perfect balance and im okay with it. If i lose to someone i know i lost cause i wasnt good enough to beat them. I can say for sure that i dont like the fact that i have to pve to gain HM skills for PVP, but so far doing good. 

BLESS wont ever get to BnS level, is just an old style MMO with TERA/BnS camera option (which is kinda false cause you can tab target as someone mentioned) and renewed graphics nothing else. I remember back then someone was saying that ToS (Tree of Savior) was gonna rekt BnS, now none of those talk after seeing that they were wrong. All that NCSoft has to do is get their shit together and fix the stuff instead of swimming in 17 Milion dollars and watch how the game gets destroyed.

29 minutes ago, Sakuraki said:

BLESS is nothing close to BNS in term of combat skills. Bless is just old game with good graphics we are living in 2016 and playing games with tab targeting is somehow boring for me. As a guy who only cares about pvp coming for C9 (still the best pvp game for me) BNS is the only game that is somehow good in this. I dont like the bots, the hackers and few other stuff, but i never complained about balance or anything, cause i know there cant be perfect balance and im okay with it. If i lose to someone i know i lost cause i wasnt good enough to beat them. I can say for sure that i dont like the fact that i have to pve to gain HM skills for PVP, but so far doing good. 

If you dont like to PvE for your HM skills, then the next patch will let you buy the HM skills with zen beans. Ofc i cant say anything about how reasonable the prices will be but you will have a way to avoid the PvE part.
Oh, and that goes for all HM skills, including the items needed for the HM skills that will be made available with the new update. And i think they mentioned in the stream that this is something only the western version will have.

Archived