Fodder level?

Melodia

Why is it that the level of the fodder makes no difference in the amount of exp it gives when enchanting weapons, yet the higher level it is, the more expensive the enchant cost? Then what's the point of high level fodder anyways? I could save tons of money by simply going to a level 5 area and getting a dozen fodder every 5min, with an enchant cost of 2 copper and yielding same exp as a level 45 green fodder that costs like 30 copper to enchant.

You can only feed gear within a certain lvl, so for example you can't feed a lvl5 weapon to a lvl 45 weapon. For the higher levels you shouldn't be feeding weapons/accessories, you should be breaking them down to get weapon/jewelry powder and transmuting them into elements. Elements give massive amounts of gear exp and only costs 1 copper to consume, but it costs 50 silver and some soulstone to make. Only lvl 36+ items start to give powder instead of just breaking into junk.

Yeah I know about the level requirement, though oddly my level 36 purple weapon can't use "level 1-36" fodder? It can only use "level 1-50", "level 21-50" or "level 1-45" fodder.

I know about the elements, they're way too expensive to make. First of all soulstones are pretty much nonexistent at lower levels (only quest I know that even has a chance to drop 1 is ToE daily). Also, 50S is like 25% of my total bank. Why would I spend 50S on an element (which I think only feeds 25% of exp?) when "level 21-50" fodder only costs 18 copper or so? Additionally, purple sacrifice items from ToE ("infernal" set) only costs 50 copper and almost gives same exp as an element. Should I just grind ToE for those purples?

Idk the exact limit for feeding but each item has an actual level. So looking at the level range isn't very helpful.

Elements give exp depending on the level of the item and what stage it's at (as in 1-5 or 6-10). From what I've seen it gives a minimum of 50-80% and a max of 100%. I only recommend making elements since you were talking about feeding a level 45. Everything up to Cinderlands feeds for only a few copper but starting at Moonwater it jumps up to silvers and includes soulstones as a cost.

ToE stuff is good for exp, farm it until your stuff won't accept it. I think after stage 5 break through they start giving alot less exp. 

the quality (green, blue, purple - also hidden quality levels within those categories) and item level do influence the amount and range of item exp you get from feeding them to an item, also factored in is the level or stage of item you feed it too.

Just from trial and error, the lvl 36 items from Tomb of Exiles are the best value by far for everything up to lvl 45. However, the gain for high quality lvl 45 items is minimal. The next best thing are lvl 45 blues, wich are decent value for what exp they give. Beyond that, the transmuting of elements is the optimal (and easiest) course of action. Much less clutter in your storage, too. ^_^

Archived