PVE players matter! Listen to the PVE players!

Anote

So, Regarding the new upcoming patch, PVP players are getting more ways for them to get their desired skills and whatever they want from new pvp vendors.. that means they just need to do what they like and love in the game which is PVP... that's all fine and dandy, its good that the devs are making and finding new ways to tend to their customers...

HOWEVER

Us the PVE players also matter to this game! we PVE players have been demanding new ways and fun ways for us to acquire our desired items that we want to progress further in this game in means that are pure PVE! that means we want ways for us PVE players to get Soulstones/moonstones... and all other PVP locked items to be available through pure PVE ways... AND I DO NOT MEAN FACTIONS! i mean ways like a Dung currency which is equivalent to zen beans and Dung Vendors.

I am not asking for the new ways and methods of the PVP players to be removed from the game because they are unfair, what i am asking for is the equivalent and the same show of respect for us PVE players and ways for us to gain desired items that we want which is locked behind PVP methods that we PVE players do not really like to do or engage in!

and if someone says that this will be unfair, no it will NOT! it will be equal and fair for both sides now PVP and PVE, we will get what we desire in methods we prefer to play in!

and if someone says that "soulstones puoches are the only way PVP players can make money and its PVP player rights" no its not! since one of the way that PVE players where making money was through selling HM skills (which will now be obliterated thanks to the new PVP vendor) then this should make it fair and equal!

All in all, if you are balancing one side of the game (PVP) then also balance it for the other side which is (PVE) to be fair and equal!

I am not for this.  I think currently, it creates a good balance and creates co dependency on each aspect of the game.  You can do the things you want and trade with people that do what they like, since items can be sold on the market.  I just never really understand these posts.  PvP has soulstones and moonstones, then pretty much nothing else of value.  If you take those out then there really isn't much reason to have PvP in the game.

1 hour ago, Anote said:

and if someone says that "soulstones puoches are the only way PVP players can make money and its PVP player rights" no its not! since one of the way that PVE players where making money was through selling HM skills (which will now be obliterated thanks to the new PVP vendor) then this should make it fair and equal!

Nope. Check the prices. Everything will remain largely the same, give or take a few odd ones out.

45 minutes ago, jones6 said:

I am not for this.  I think currently, it creates a good balance and creates co dependency on each aspect of the game.  You can do the things you want and trade with people that do what they like, since items can be sold on the market.  I just never really understand these posts.  PvP has soulstones and moonstones, then pretty much nothing else of value.  If you take those out then there really isn't much reason to have PvP in the game.

no one is saying anything about removing one side or the other. what the main point and case in this post was to tell and show the devs that even us the pve players want something similar to those pvp players. just make it fair and equal and everyone should be happy! its good that they are listening to the community, but they need to listen to ALL of the community that includes both sides PVP and PVE players.

13 minutes ago, Anote said:

no one is saying anything about removing one side or the other. what the main point and case in this post was to tell and show the devs that even us the pve players want something similar to those pvp players. just make it fair and equal and everyone should be happy! its good that they are listening to the community, but they need to listen to ALL of the community that includes both sides PVP and PVE players.

They added way overpriced skills where just selling the soulstones would get them the same skills faster buying them.  So you want to make moonstones and soulstones no longer PvP exclusive items and add specific vendors for PvE tokens to balance it?  There is already little draw for people to PvP and that would just make less people want to PvP. If you want to make both sides the same you would have to add much more to PvP than PvE.

To create an equality between Arena PvP and OW PvP/PvE, given the problems and systematically unfair design we face with the OW PvP areas, I would say that making them PvE only is Okay, IF....

The rewards for Arena PvP participation were buffed up as well and allowed to parallel PvE.

In Arenas, you are still playing a Russian Roulette against the cheaters, just like in OW PvP, but at the very least you always get a minimal reward (unlike OW PvP), no matter your gear level, and, just like in a dungeon you can (if you wish) control your team comp by either entering solo or with 2 friends. It is an instanced area, just like the dungeons.

IF the Arena PvP gets better drops, then the OW PvP areas can become the PvE only questing areas with soulstone drops.

But, to even the playing field, it would be nice if one could gear up to a couple tiers below the current PvE max via PvP Arenas, by, say adding higher number of arena plays/wins Daily boxes to contain the relevant weapons and mats as well as the soulstones, allowing an undergeared player to catch up without finding a clan and a group and not doing the dungeons if they'd rather solo PvP instead. (and by golly, no Small Dragons for gods' sake)

Now, THAT would be fair.

Because right now basically in this game is pretty much locked away behind the group PvE wall.

7 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

To create an equality between Arena PvP and OW PvP/PvE, given the problems and systematically unfair design we face with the OW PvP areas, I would say that making them PvE only is Okay, IF....

The rewards for Arena PvP participation were buffed up as well and allowed to parallel PvE.

In Arenas, you are still playing a Russian Roulette against the cheaters, but at the very least you always get at least a minimal reward, no matter your gear level, and, just like in a dungeon you can (if you wish) control your team comp by either entering solo or with 2 friends. It is an instanced area, just like the dungeons.

IF the Arena PvP gets better drops, then the OW PvP areas can become the PvE only questing areas with soulstone drops.

But, to even the playing field, it would be nice if one could gear up to a couple tiers below the current PvE max via PvP Arenas, by, say adding higher number of arena plays/wins Daily boxes to contain the relevant weapons and mats as well as the soulstones, allowing an undergeared player to catch up without finding a clan and a group and not doing the dungeons if they'd rather PvP instead. (and by golly, no Small Dragons for gods' sake)

thank you for your input and making this continue in the discussion. i like your idea...

however, again i would repeat myself... no one is asking to remove one part or the other... keep it all the same just add more "alternative" methods in acquire what we want in whatever game aspect we the players/customers prefer to acquire through!

its good and okay that pvp is getting the new alternative for them... now just give the same for the pve and we will all be happy!

It is not going to be same if PvE guys who already have most cards on their hands already will get access to the only material they do not (arguably!) have (because OW PvP depends on the PvE gear, not PvP skill), but the PvP guys have access to just one more thing out of many.

In other words, PvP rewards are simply insufficient to enable an average player to integrate PvP experience before grinding out the PvE gear. And that, as we know, takes forever.

9 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

It is not going to be same if PvE guys who already have most cards on their hands already will get access to the only material they do not (arguably!) have (because OW PvP depends on the PvE gear, not PvP skill), but the PvP guys have access to just one more thing out of many.

In other words, PvP rewards are simply insufficient to enable an average player to integrate PvP experience before grinding out the PvE gear. And that, as we know, takes forever.

There are people that solely want to PVP, let them.  I would have no problem with them adding gear/materials/etc  for PVP to purchase with Zen Beans or whatever currency they want to use.   Costs of each can be decided by between the developers and the PVP gurus.  It shouldn't be any faster or slower than PVE gearing though.

Ah, that's the thing. It is not so much for 'solely', us vs them, but for valuing all activities equally and creating more variable player experience for someone who does not want to specialize and prefers not to limit oneself to the same activity day in, day out :)

Anyway, I do hope that some redistribution of mats does happen eventually. We need a more comprehensive experience, and overall more value given for hour spent in a game.

PvP rewards needs to be buffed if anything. I personally can make hundred of soulstones in a few hours of SSP, where a PvPer would make nowhere near those kinds of rewards in the same time. I am totally fine with having exclusive rewards to PvP.... outfits, whatever else. Those who wish to do nothing but PvP should be rewarded for their time, but should not be able to gain a sizeable advantage to PvE with that PvP. Vice versa, the same person PvEing should not be able to gain an advantage in arena which they don't because gear is equalized(who gives a crap about OWPvP). They need to just fix the arena bot and hacker problem. 

I think the easiest solution would be to either implement 2 ladders, a casual and competitive ladder if it's not possible to ban the hackers. Make the competitive ladder lvl 50 req or something, but the PvE rewards are more than fine right now, the original idea is not a good one OP =/

Dunno does ppl actual look at the achievement points structure. PVE contributed the most achievement points.

Which means PVE players can access achievement vendor item more easily than pvp players.

1250 achievement points to purchase your class HM skill items.

Well, I understand he OP's post here and echo the sentiment. I love to PvP myself. Did it all the time splitting 50/50 playing SWTOR and GW2. However, living here in the PH it is nearly impossible to do so because of the latency, large ping spikes, and multiple pack lost thanks to my ISP's crappy service. So, I'm stuck doing PvE only. I'd love to be able to unlock the level 5 skills but it is impossible without those rewards obtained in PvP. So basically, any end game stuff will be limited for me to participate in because I cannot properly equip my toons. I'd like to see them make available the necessary gear for those who PvE only so those of us can really pursue deeper into end game and be viable for those dungeons a end game bosses. Right now, it looks like once I hit 50 my options are very limited.

Archived