Adjusting content to playstyle

sidcor

15 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

Smart people run their quests...

...., I am told Tetris still has an easy mode and available for download.

Game is 85% carebear enabled 100% of the time, Suck it up, put those big girl panties on and get it done......

I.... hope you find a non pharmaceutical way to cope with it...

Your right.  Those comments don't come across as belittling or insulting at all...

12 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

. Where exactly do you feel entitlement by assuming a PVP based player has never had to PVE, your statement makes absolutely no sense.  

I did not say PVP players never had to PVE,  if you read what I said and listened to the video, the Associate Producer announced that PVP players were now going to be able to do  PVP  activites to get a item that before was only available through PVE before.    That is not me being entitled.  That is me pointing out a fact.  If this kind of change can be made to accommodate the PVP playstyle I am asking for Soulstones to be added to PVE dailies to accommodate the PVE playstyle.  

12 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

I don't know, perhaps they have issues dealing with a target that doesn't drop decals on the ground and give them a chance to see telegraphed attacks.

Not that you care, but I do have some senior citizens in my group (late 60's early 70's) that enjoy playing the game with us.   Their reaction times are slower but are able to handle dungeon encounters (and yes) due to the big "decals" on the ground that do help them.  They are not able to handle the PVP side due to the speed at which you have to react and mental acuity it takes to perform well.  So should I just attribute this insult to your continued hatred of "carebears" or are you a gerontophobic too?

Your right this is a discussion forum.  However rather than discuss you sling contempt and disrespect to any that do not agree with your playstyle.  I don't mind if someone disagrees and can produce an intelligent response, but putting down another just so you feel more important brings nothing useful to the conversation.

8 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

You are managing to play the game in the best possible way, so really, you have no cause to try to take away from the arena guys the only thing they have, and it is pretty measly compared to the PvE people.

What am I taking away from them? They can still gather Soulstones faster thru PVP and sell them.   I'm not taking anything away.  I'm adding a way.

4 minutes ago, sidcor said:

What am I taking away from them? They can still gather Soulstones faster thru PVP and sell them.   I'm not taking anything away.  I'm adding a way.

You are creating a competition that will in turn reduce the value of the only material that PvP guys can earn from the package. While the PvE guys earn multiple more expensive materials already. Since even the pure PvP arena player has to upgrade the gear somewhat to keep up with content if s/he wishes to, reducing the price of ss is going to negatively impact those who would like to play arenas primarily with some PvE.

I have not been able to play Arenas almost at all, as ever since the SDCs were moved my main concern was to get enough gear to play PvE content. Plus, I do want to continue the story.

I am also someone who just loves PvP, but not excels at it, so my Zen beans earnings are going be less than say a PvE player that can do SSP and get drops.

I keep trying to get to the point in the game where I can play a bit of PvP every day, and so far I could not.

19 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

You are creating a competition that will in turn reduce the value of the only material that PvP guys can earn from the package. While the PvE guys earn multiple more expensive materials already. Since even the pure PvP arena player has to upgrade the gear somewhat to keep up with content if s/he wishes to, reducing the price of ss is going to negatively impact those who would like to play arenas primarily with some PvE.

I think it would depend on the amount of Soulstones that doing the PVE stuff could give.  If they just added 1 or 2 soulstones to the dailies from last 2 or 3 areas of Moonwater plains (I can't speak for Silverfrost yet as I can't do those) would that be that great of detriment to the farming ability of PVPers (who currently can get what? 40+ a day?) to sell?

Just now, sidcor said:

I think it would depend on the amount of Soulstones that doing the PVE stuff could give.  If they just added 1 or 2 soulstones to the dailies from last 2 or 3 areas of Moonwater plains (I can't speak for Silverfrost yet as I can't do those) would that be that great of detriment to the farming ability of PVPers (who currently can get what? 40+ a day?) to sell?

I don't know what a real PvP guy can make in a day, but if I do my Daily (Three 1 vs 1 arenas, at least one win), I get about 500 Zen beans. After that beans are not really that plentiful, and it takes 2K, PLUS a small Dragon Certificate that you get to earn from PvP to get a ss pouch. I would not know, because I have never gotten one, as I am saving for an HM skill, and trying to get gear to get SDCs....

Just now, OneYouHate said:

Dying is a main aspect of MMORPGs and shooters and at no time should a death by a player or a monster ever disturb you or a 70 year old hairy chested creepy guy looking to be friends with a 19 year old kid on a video game. 

I am seriously thinking that the most successful guild for BnS can be organized in a retirement community. They are the only ones who have enough time to grind, and can form plenty of groups.

2 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Dedicated PVPers' will maintain the decent swipe from cash mall, due to the fact that PVP isn't cheap and super hard to maintain a decent steady income of gold resources.  They rely on the elitist and enthusiasts to need the latest and greatest right now and know they're willing to spend their gold to keep up with the "Jones". Those carebears aquire a way to spam dungeons with their best on slot gear + do the PVP dailies as well, and you have a situation being created that the PVPers are still not only at a disadvantage but a overwhelmingly massive one now

Wow, you actually had one part that was reasonable discussion.    I will grant you that it is a viable way for PVP to make profit.  I am not suggesting that we get 100 soulstones a day doing PVE dailies.  But when the Soulstones for sale are 60 silver each and I need 50  or so, that is weeks for me in playtime.  I would be happy if I could get  maybe 20 a day doing dailies (at least feel like I am acheiving something for my time).  Maybe then I could buy the rest to speed up the process.  

However, you went back to your old ways (which are apparently effective for you) and again decided to be disrespectful of others.  It has little to do with our older players who are only 3 out of the 8 we play with.   Most of us are in our 40's.  The point is a change was made to accommodate PVP players so they do not have to do PVE to get those items they feel they need or want. I am asking for the same for the other side.

I  haven't attacked anyone.  I am discussing the topic at hand.  Maybe that is your problem in that you do not know the difference?  

28 minutes ago, sidcor said:

I am not suggesting that we get 100 soulstones a day doing PVE dailies.  But when the Soulstones for sale are 60 silver each and I need 50  or so, that is weeks for me in playtime.  I would be happy if I could get  maybe 20 a day doing dailies (at least feel like I am acheiving something for my time).  Maybe then I could buy the rest to speed up the process.

Oh. They are 20 silver each, and the value is dropping in my BnS. I have seen them between 15 and 30 s every day since I started playing in March. On the other hand, Poharan perfumes are 50+s each, and so are Hae Mujin's stuff. And that's just the beginning of the gearing mats.

32 minutes ago, sidcor said:

Wow, you actually had one part that was reasonable discussion.    I will grant you that it is a viable way for PVP to make profit.  I am not suggesting that we get 100 soulstones a day doing PVE dailies.  But when the Soulstones for sale are 60 silver each and I need 50  or so, that is weeks for me in playtime.  I would be happy if I could get  maybe 20 a day doing dailies (at least feel like I am acheiving something for my time).  Maybe then I could buy the rest to speed up the process.  

However, you went back to your old ways (which are apparently effective for you) and again decided to be disrespectful of others.  It has little to do with our older players who are only 3 out of the 8 we play with.   Most of us are in our 40's.  The point is a change was made to accommodate PVP players so they do not have to do PVE to get those items they feel they need or want. I am asking for the same for the other side.

I  haven't attacked anyone.  I am discussing the topic at hand.  Maybe that is your problem in that you do not know the difference?  

Weeks for you? The game is being played as intended then, any other sources of the SS in the game will still present you with limitations of never can be geared enough, will further spread the gear gap of casual, dedicated and elitist players.  Understand the current game economy. NCSOFT recognizes that a PVP focused player need a little assistance, I agree PVE focused have no issues. Pay to win have no issues. Your suggestion directly hurts free to play PVP oriented Players. You missed it before but here it is again .. two sides to this coin, 

6 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Oh. They are 20 silver each, and the value is dropping in my BnS. I have seen them between 15 and 30 s every day since I started playing in March. On the other hand, Poharan perfumes are 50+s each, and so are Hae Mujin's stuff. And that's just the beginning of the gearing mats.

I just logged on to check,  yes some sell them for 22 now.  Unfortunately they are in bulk groups of 100 - 200 costing around 20-40g (which I have not managed to accumulate yet with other costs of gearing up - Transformation stones and such).  Still working on getting weapon from Brightstone Ruins which has not been rng friendly to me (at 25 runs now- tired of making keys).   

I still would rather be able to earn some of them myself through my preferred playstyle though.  Not in the amounts that PVP can get but enough to make a dent to feel like I am accomplishing my goals rather than buying my goals.

Well, I am just getting up at around 3:30 4 am and quickly run through Misty Woods for 10 soulstones, then kill 8 sentinels on the SSP for 6, and if I am lucky, I drag a body or meteorite for another 5. If anyone interferes, I simply switch a channel. I was doing a Beach as well, but got lazy, but Beach and ToE will give you 5 more, and the beach frankly has zero population left there by now apart from a lowbie who'd die if he tries to challenge level 50+. I don't remember the last time I was ganked. I count OW PvP as PvE quests.

So, I can make anywhere between 10 and 19 ss a day.

In the evenings, I play the rest of the game.

The Transformation stones drained the life out of me too, at 6 golds each, but luckily, my alt can now craft them, so I just bought a bunch of moontears that luckily are very cheap, 5 refiners and made an order. That cut down the cost significantly.

@Sidcor Question : why are you making keys? running daily DG quest should provide you with more than enough to handle your gear progression as a new player. keys are also another item that can be bought for relatively cheaper than time and gold cost to craft, especially after you hit end game and have all those cross server dungeon quest you can complete on top of the green quests instead of the DGs

Yeah, I take keys instead of purple valor stones form all the dailies. I went low on the keys on Hujikar (took 28 tries) but now I have over a 100 enough to start giving them to alts.

EDIT: I am really a low-skilled player, so I am just trying to find a way to play only the stress-free easy content. My biggest regret is not being able to play SSP.

5 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Yeah, I take keys instead of purple valor stones form all the dailies. I went low on the keys on Hujikar (took 28 tries) but now I have over a 100 enough to start giving them to alts.

yeap or sell to help fund gear and weapon progressions. you won't get rich but when you get caught slipping or get in a tight spot for supplies like tonics and dumplings keys are a fast sell too keep you playing the game :)

Oh, one of my alts makes tonics and dumplings, it is basically zero cost because chickens and stuff are cheap (it's actually easier to buy than to run on alt that can). Good thing too, since he is a warlock and with me behind the wheel he is squishy! :)

But, that's how I want to play this game: playing non-stressful content on a variety of characters with (some) crafting support and PvP rather than playing stressful content on a Main and buying everything else.

Now, I think the OP is actually playing FAR more professionally than I do, and will be FAR luckier in the long run, having friends and doing dungeons, but he just needs a little bit of a break, and it will come once s/he is not dependent on the level 45 dungeons drops. The higher level dungeons will give him/her gold by the spade!

It just takes a bit of time to adapt to the things.

Yeah, I think you are right, he hasn't entered the end game content as of yet.  Game is designed to keep you playing over a long period of time, it is not a 60 dollar 5 hours start to finish console game by any means.. That is one of the primary traits i like about it.  No matter what grade player or how fast/slow or which route you choose to play, time still has to be invested and NCSOFT is making changes frequently too keep the game playable by a wide array of players. 

@OneYouHate and DomiSotto:

I actually do the daily quest and take keys as the option.  Unfortunately I have a awful time with rng in boxes.  Similar to you, Domi, I opened 24 Hujkar,  16 Profane, (I bought the dokumo because I could) and now 25 forgotton Brightstone boxes.  When they take 2-3 keys each, you go through them pretty fast.

14 minutes ago, sidcor said:

@OneYouHate and DomiSotto:

I actually do the daily quest and take keys as the option.  Unfortunately I have a awful time with rng in boxes.  Similar to you, Domi, I opened 24 Hujkar,  16 Profane, (I bought the dokumo because I could) and now 25 forgotton Brightstone boxes.  When they take 2-3 keys each, you go through them pretty fast.

We have all been there, it is a annoying component of the game but one that keeps you playing it. You really want a grind ? wait until your discover dreadtime arena and want the costume drop from it, RNG based and has taken some players months to finally get it. 

Once you're into the 24 man instances where gold/keys/and common daily supplies are not the issue, your focus can change and maybe you can see this topic from a different perspective. Just soloing both E. Fleet and Nightshade harbor on a daily basis will have your inventory and warehouse filled with upgrade mats and evolution materials. Level 50 will add a additional 24 man zone plus all your daily DG runs..... once there 24 gold for 100 soul stones completely affordable , If your game style has the Soulstone quests not suitable or convenient for you to do. Players who have been playing since the game went live in January and enjoy that sort of PVP promising content utilize it as income, The market is over saturated, due to a high number of the player base actually play the game for that sort of content.  

31 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Weeks for you? The game is being played as intended then, any other sources of the SS in the game will still present you with limitations of never can be geared enough, will further spread the gear gap of casual, dedicated and elitist players.  Understand the current game economy. NCSOFT recognizes that a PVP focused player need a little assistance, I agree PVE focused have no issues. Pay to win have no issues. Your suggestion directly hurts free to play PVP oriented Players. You missed it before but here it is again .. two sides to this coin, 

I would say you are right it is working as intended  if the release schedule was normal.  With the release of content at the breakneck pace we have,  a casual player does get lost faster due the general population moving on from the content leaving no one to group  and do necessary dungeons with.  Cross server is a genius fix to this, but it still has its moments where I have tried for 45 mins waiting to get a pop.   

Your right in I don't have knowledge of current PVP economics to be competitive.  I used to PVP in other games, just don't have the desire to be that competitive anymore.

7 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Yeah, I think you are right, he hasn't entered the end game content as of yet.  Game is designed to keep you playing over a long period of time, it is not a 60 dollar 5 hours start to finish console game by any means.. That is one of the primary traits i like about it.  No matter what grade player or how fast/slow or which route you choose to play, time still has to be invested and NCSOFT is making changes frequently too keep the game playable by a wide array of players. 

I have played MMO's since EQ 1 started.  I know what a grind is.  I don't treat this game a single player online  console game either.  Have I hit the endgame content?  No.  I have hit the barrier of needing gear and materials that I need to continue to be successful.  While I enjoy the PVE and combat style of this game, I am past my PVP prime and wish to avoid it. Do you really believe the game economy cannot handle me getting 20 soulstones a day  by doing PVE dailies without destroying the PVP economy? 

Archived