These lvl 50 people... X.x

SupaNovaxD

11 hours ago, Serbine said:

This is why I rarely do Naryu Labyrinth "hardly ever", it not worth my time pugging for it If people just gonna leave as soon as they die just once, If I run it I don't wanna just do it half way, I'd like to do the whole fking thing.

I agree most of the players in this game are nothing but p*ssies, all they do is nag if you screw up a bit or look at your AP and when they see that it not to there liking they leave.   

The fun part is that ussually it is the pro guy cursing and swearing at people that is the dead one on bosses.

Last time in yeti we had it down to 20% health, everyone was still alive, but sure we made a few errors, it wasnt perfect, but he was gonna die on the first try.

Yeti @ 20% health

ProGuy: omg NOOBS ....STOP...STOP DPS ....WE RESET THIS!! STOP ....NOOOBS...

while he had no time to type that shit out, he died....we killed yeti, everyone still alive...

ProGuy has mostly blue souldshields, had the least amount of ap and a garbage amount of crit...but we were all the garbages & noobs.

I don't get his kind of people...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Ginki said:

and the worse has yet to come. we will get dps meter in a future update. what's happening now is nothing of what will happen when dps meter comes out

I don't think it will/can get much "worse" - at least the requirement will be more reasonable (AP is a dumb way to judge anything).

Anyway, make your own party if you don't wanna join the "ermahgerd 700 ap++ or gtfo" ones :v

P.S. I tried recruiting for Naryu/frozen fang with "Awakened infernal or higher, newbies welcome". 10 minutes later, not a single soul. Almost as if they'd rather join the "high ap required" groups in hopes of having an easy time rather than run with fellow newbies. (myself at 50HM8/true breeze)

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I don't think it will/can get much "worse" - at least the requirement will be more reasonable (AP is a dumb way to judge anything).

Anyway, make your own party if you don't wanna join the "ermahgerd 700 ap++ or gtfo" ones :v

P.S. I tried recruiting for Naryu/frozen fang with "Awakened infernal or higher, newbies welcome". 10 minutes later, not a single soul. Almost as if they'd rather join the "high ap required" groups in hopes of having an easy time rather than run with fellow newbies. (myself at 50HM8/true breeze)

Well aint that a shocker, lowbees wanna get carried and highbees don't wanna carry.

11 hours ago, Leggo said:

Isn't it commune knowledge to look for a guide or watch a video of the dungeon before imposing on 5 random players to teach you? Takes less than 10 mins and would save u this kind of encounters. Is not that lvl 50s hate newbies, lvl 50s hate noobs. There is a difference, newbies wanna learn and do their best to do so, noobs swim in their pool of mud and cry *elitists* while waiting for u to carry them.

In all honesty, not really unless you feel less confident in you success in the dungeon due to lack of experience on said dungeon. For most part alot of the dungeons in this game the encounters are more common sense than skill. I guess I say that due to the fact I've been playing MMOs for years and haven't really seen too many encounters in any MMO that really stands out or been overwhelming.

11 hours ago, Nixonld said:

Why would I want to watch a video before going in my first time? Half the fun is not knowing what to expect. 

I've been playing MMO's since 1998, they didn't have videos to watch, you actually played the game to learn what you are doing. (Even if they did, imagine it on a 56K modem)

I'm the same way. I like going in blind it's half fun. The half, is hitting the LFP button. I like rolling the dice. Every once in awhile I might watch a video of a Max level dungeon(well skim through it) for key details.

Honestly though, I think most who have over 500+ ap expect way too much when hitting the LFP button(rolling the dice). Everytime you hit that button you there is no telling what you'll get. If that's a problem advertise your group requirements and call it a day.

10 hours ago, Serbine said:

Even if you know what to do in the dungeon, all it takes is one death for someone/wipe and everyone bounces, I was doing 6man Harbor yesterday in cross with two of my friends and someone accidently started Thrasher 'Thrasher was super close to the drop off ramp when a few players drop down grabbing his attention', I ended up getting burned and I think another player got burned too, that player ended up leaving cause he die, the ones who was in the fight was having a bit of trouble so didn't go well, when that happen another player 'or was it 2?' left, which is stupid because everyone wasn't in the fight to begin with.

Happens way too many times either due to a accident or just impatience.

3 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

I used to think Pugs in L2 were bad, this game takes the cake on horrific entitled a holes. I have had so many entitled dick wads in yeti actually curse me out cause i'm 5 points away from 400 AP.  Yet I seem to be the one still standing while these 500 ap morons are frozen solid. This community is beyond toxic, my faction chat is beyond toxic, it always sounds like a bunch of 10 year old throwing around 'you momma jokes.' and cussing at each other in faction chat.. it's pathetic, my block list is mainly my own faction!. I know FTP brings out the morons and A holes.. but this game is the worst I have ever seen in my 12 years of gaming.

Had to chuckle a little on this cause this happens way too often than players want to admit. There are alot over my ap but I have seen alot of them die or get incapacitated from obvious stuff quite a bit where I'm the only one left standing and fighting. I actually been in a group once with some  high ap rushers that pulled all the trash leading up to a boss room and I got tagged by one there aoe's and came after me. They expected me to die to all that trash and to their surprise I killed every last one of them without their help. Barely alive but I killed them.

8 minutes ago, Archess said:

The fun part is that ussually it is the pro guy cursing and swearing at people that is the dead one on bosses.

Last time in yeti we had it down to 20% health, everyone was still alive, but sure we made a few errors, it wasnt perfect, but he was gonna die on the first try.

Yeti @ 20% health

while he had no time to type that shit out, he died....we killed yeti, everyone still alive...

ProGuy has mostly blue souldshields, had the least amount of ap and a garbage amount of crit...but we were all the garbages & noobs.

Sometimes it's just fun to let them run their mouth, but from time to time you one of these people in your group. Another one I've gotten quite often even if the run is successful with no deaths or close calls is the one that always says "That fight took alot longer than it should have". 

10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

In all honesty, I would have joined in on that action if I saw it but it's a rare thing to see advertised.

21 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

hey noobs, its not about if the low ap or whoever dies, its about if the whole party dies because of death timer kills you, because not making enough dmg.

Yeah clearly that means that the one with lower gear was the one not doing enough damage or was not aware of boss mechanics. %D

1st: sry my english isn't so good.

Now, i wish meet any of us in some dungeons xD

Sadly, 10 of 9 dungeons i do, ppl don't talk and all is so "cold".. Aion community was bad, but i remember the "Hi" when u join a pt,  and "thnx 4 group" in the end of dungeons and for sure, there was more comunication. here ppl join a party, and maybe ask something about the dungeon, and nobody say a single word... o.o

Another thing i really hate... example: Waido/Dagul... there are like 5 or more players waiting the same mob..In my case, when i go there i start sending pt to everyone, so i know they are all alone, waiting the same..so ridiculous..  :3

I decided to leave the dungeons above ToE alone until I find a guild to run it with. I did not have outright bad experiences, but I just don't like the pugs. If I don't get to play dungeons because of that, I don't feel I am missing out on something, because the game has tons of things to do, and all of it is much more fun than pug purple dungeons undergeared. I am okay being behind on content and having good enough gear.

I use the beatsbog soul shield from the Frostscale instance with level 50 crits fused on it. I run solo dailies, Mistywood and kill 8 Sentinels on the SSp plains as my current schedule on my main. That will be enough to take me to Oathbreaker with Siren Ring/Earrings, and then I will play Arenas, Mushin's Tower, story, solo dailies and start leveling alts that will be fine in the same level of gear. I can't go through this list in a day on a single character already (I have never even got around to trying the Beastbog), so I don't really miss the dungeons.

If I find a clan with people I like, then, well, then I will try to play dungeons. I'll run the easy ones as I level, that's more than enough dungeon experience, lol.

The level of toxicity really does seem to grow exponentially when you get to lv 50.

I ran a bunch of BSH yesterday (in futile hope of dropping that pirate weapon chest..) and the lv 45-50 HM2 parties were all rather cheerful, communicative, supportive of each other. We had a bit of skill lag and one person was certain they were slowing us down but we convinced them it was ok (everyone was lagging) and better to stay. On the other hand, the HM2+ parties were full of silent people who rushed through and aggro'd everything in their path. Super awkward.

10 minutes ago, Khaen said:

The level of toxicity really does seem to grow exponentially when you get to lv 50.

I ran a bunch of BSH yesterday (in futile hope of dropping that pirate weapon chest..) and the lv 45-50 HM2 parties were all rather cheerful, communicative, supportive of each other. We had a bit of skill lag and one person was certain they were slowing us down but we convinced them it was ok (everyone was lagging) and better to stay. On the other hand, the HM2+ parties were full of silent people who rushed through and aggro'd everything in their path. Super awkward.

That's because they try to be efficient in a bad way. Also they trust too much in their opness that they forget how hard lower dungeon mobs can hit if there are many of them *chuckle*. I have witnessed those extra op guys being smashed into pieces by mobs because the got too egoistic. I have also seen those 600AP people doing less DPS than 450 AP person so AP means nothing more than a safety blanket to people who don't know how to use their characters.

If they start calling you names and cussing you and just in general being a butthole, screenshot the conversation and submit a ticket for harassment. These people are the kind of trash that ruins the game. I especially do it if the whole team wipes and I'm the last man standing, and some nut job who died in the first 2 mins is talking trash. 

18 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

This game has the worst community I have seen in 15 years of pc gaming. Aion was pretty bad but I think this tops it by far and the game is still new here. I think a lot of the problem is you don't need to get along with other players to accomplish anything.

Seriously.  I never understood what was up with that.  Clearing usually takes another second.  You don't have to kill all sides, but everything in the path.  Easy.  :p

To the OP: Agreed!  On everything!  Damn!  They all act like you need to be level 50 now, for a dungeon that was once level capped at 45 :p

Well aint that a shocker, lowbees wanna get carried and highbees don't wanna carry.

I think this is because people neither expect it, nor look for it. If I saw someone in chat suggesting a party like that, I would actually go and try the dungeon. I want to play with other folks who have not tried the content before, so we go slow.

But I just don't even load in the Dungeon lobby any more.

I think there are for sure some very rude people in this game compared to other mmos which is really saying something since mmo players aren't known to be the nicest people generally. I think if they introduced a healing class then people might act a bit more civil. Probably not though.

The main thing with these dungeons is , most people follow a different strategy in their own core groups , and expect everyone to follow it while they are playing with others too ...

and the best part .. they will Not tell you it is the strategy but they think you know what they think ... and then yell at u for doing something else ... and call everyone noobs ... n shout n tear their hair out .. but still they wud never tell lol 

6 hours ago, Ginki said:

and the worse has yet to come. we will get dps meter in a future update. what's happening now is nothing of what will happen when dps meter comes out

how do you know we will get a dps meter? 

6 hours ago, Archess said:

Yeti @ 20% health

classic yeti run xD

55 minutes ago, Nattia said:

how do you know we will get a dps meter? 

cause it's in the patch notes of a recent update of Korean version, plus ping check in game. keep in mind i said we'll get it in future update

18 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

sinp

Yeah, I find much more often it's the first scenario. Some guy comes into a dungeons, doesn't explain they are new, and wipes the group over and over until someone figures out they are new and try to explain the fight to them. There are so many entitled, selfish players who think other people should just act pleasant and be grateful that they get to carry them. It's disgusting, and fortunately this community seem much less tolerant of nonsense than other communities I have been a part of. 

18 hours ago, Nixonld said:

Why would I want to watch a video before going in my first time? Half the fun is not knowing what to expect. 

I've been playing MMO's since 1998, they didn't have videos to watch, you actually played the game to learn what you are doing. (Even if they did, imagine it on a 56K modem)

If you want to do that then make a party with players who want to do it blind. A lot of people prefer to go into fights knowing what to expect, and at this point most people have already done naryu labyrinth. It's no wonder you hate this community so much; if you've been doing stuff like that you have undoubtedly drawn the ire of many players. No one is obligated to sit there while you try to figure a fight out. Don't be surprised when they get their panties in a knot with an attitude like that. Imo this is the best online community I have been a part of; it's real no-nonesense. A breath of fresh air after playing FFXIV for so long; now THAT is a terrible community. 

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

Yeah clearly that means that the one with lower gear was the one not doing enough damage or was not aware of boss mechanics. %D

I wouldn't blame the high AP people. When a group fails the blame is pretty much entirely on the low AP. Even if I died halfway through Yeti for example, most of the time I would still end up doing more damage than someone with true profane if they managed to kill the boss.

2 minutes ago, Doson said:

I wouldn't blame the high AP people. When a group fails the blame is pretty much entirely on the low AP. Even if I died halfway through Yeti for example, most of the time I would still end up doing more damage than someone with true profane if they managed to kill the boss.

I mean, it's more likely that a newbie was at fault, but doesn't automatically mean that.

Part of the problem is that the leveling dungeons create an impression that the x-server dungeons are the walk-in affairs. But starting with the Blackrun Supply, the dungeons need a group cohesion. While a certain percentage of players will be able to jump into x-server and get through it no problems, the rest of us are simply unprepared for the level of difficulty and environmental obstacles the dungeons starting to incorporate.

Even with prep, it takes few times to get a handle on when your bar better be green, when you should have your CDs ready, and stuff.

All and all, the blue and green dunegons are a happy faceroll in x-server pugs where wipes are very unlikely even if a particular player kicks the bucket.

I queued into Blackram Narrows on a level 17 WL with 805 HPs and the party of five did not slow down for a sec, despite my char dying a couple of times. But that experience is not repeated on level 45. If you die in any end-game content dungeons, problem starts to crop up, and the moment problems start to crop up, that turns from a happy gaming experience into playing with Other People at its worst.

So, my initial impression was that the golden rule of a MMO: "Don't Pug," does not apply to BnS , and boy, was I excited about it, but I quickly revised that.

Archived