These lvl 50 people... X.x

SupaNovaxD

Ok, I love this game, I mean this game is like on my top 10 favorite MMORPG games. However, this game has some of the biggest buttholes ever. Most of the lvl 50s I have encounter in dungeons especially Naryu Labyrinth (omg don't get me started on meeting some of the biggest stuck up lvl 50s ever) have been some of the nastiest buttholes ever. I mean these people act like they the king or queen of everything and since I'm new to some of these dungeons, I get treated like I was already suppose to know everything about the dungeon. I mean come on, every single player on the game was new before, you just don't magically become an expert at a game the minute you get on it. I can't even do Naryu Labyrinth that much, cause these lvl 50s are just cold mofos and they either leave the dungeon silently or curse you out that you're the worst player ever in the game and then leave. This game is almost becoming another Jade Dynasty (this game is like rank #1 on the biggest a holes ever). I still love the game, but man, these a holes are horrible. Can a woman just do a dungeon and get some awesome soul shields without being cursed out?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also doesn't wait for the others, they rush and start everything, and you will die on fire due to this. Maybe they're thinking that we will think "Oh... he/she is so awesomely strong, solo'ing everything!"

They also do this on their alts, they don't wait. Well c'mon! If you'll gonna apply to a party but rushing/solo'ing everything without even waiting, then please just enter the dungeon alone, don't mess with the others!

1 hour ago, GreenDestiny said:

I think a lot of the problem is you don't need to get along with other players to accomplish anything.

^This

I think thats why the whole "Trinity" premis in a game like this is best.  I know when I played in Tera we tried to be especially be friendly to get a Tank or healer friend to play with cause they are so important.  In this game I feel like people dont really need anybody and they just dont care so they are rude.

I might have to try that whole "newer players welcome" ad myself.  I get very intimidated with pugging because I think people will be rude if I die.

1 hour ago, SupaNovaxD said:

Ok, I love this game, I mean this game is like on my top 10 favorite MMORPG games. However, this game has some of the biggest buttholes ever. Most of the lvl 50s I have encounter in dungeons especially Naryu Labyrinth (omg don't get me started on meeting some of the biggest stuck up lvl 50s ever) have been some of the nastiest buttholes ever. I mean these people act like they the king or queen of everything and since I'm new to some of these dungeons, I get treated like I was already suppose to know everything about the dungeon. I mean come on, every single player on the game was new before, you just don't magically become an expert at a game the minute you get on it. I can't even do Naryu Labyrinth that much, cause these lvl 50s are just cold mofos and they either leave the dungeon silently or curse you out that you're the worst player ever in the game and then leave. This game is almost becoming another Jade Dynasty (this game is like rank #1 on the biggest a holes ever). I still love the game, but man, these a holes are horrible. Can a woman just do a dungeon and get some awesome soul shields without being cursed out?

Which server are u on ? If you are on yunwa, lemme know , will help with the dungeons as much as i possibly can 

sincerely yours 

a butthole lvl 50 who smells nice 

f2p means every kid and their dog has access to this game, so I don't have high expectations of pugs I do dungeons with. I meet nice, and kind people very, very rarely. Mostly it's rude individuals cursing everyone, especially if they are bad - they feel the need to draw attention to someone other than themselves so that the group doesn't blame them. It's sad.

This is why I rarely do Naryu Labyrinth "hardly ever", it not worth my time pugging for it If people just gonna leave as soon as they die just once, If I run it I don't wanna just do it half way, I'd like to do the whole fking thing.

I agree most of the players in this game are nothing but p*ssies, all they do is nag if you screw up a bit or look at your AP and when they see that it not to there liking they leave.   

That really sucks -- for that reason alone I haven't even tried Naryu even though I really need the SS -- currently I'm @432 AP on my warlock HM4 - I just don't want to put up with people like the OP mentioned.  It seems that this game is like both TERA and even FF14 -- you need a good clan/guild and then just stick with them.  That way, you can avoid the PUG situation altogether, just as I did in FF14 to much success.  I'd recommend the OP to find a nice and helpful clan and then most of these problems will go away ^^   However, if you're on Mushin, OP, I'd be more than willing to noob it up with you and we could laugh at elitist meanies together :P

[Oh, and I haven't asked my clan to do NL yet mostly b/c my WL is just my daily gold farming job -- leveling a main BM atm :P]

Isn't it commune knowledge to look for a guide or watch a video of the dungeon before imposing on 5 random players to teach you? Takes less than 10 mins and would save u this kind of encounters. Is not that lvl 50s hate newbies, lvl 50s hate noobs. There is a difference, newbies wanna learn and do their best to do so, noobs swim in their pool of mud and cry *elitists* while waiting for u to carry them.

Why would I want to watch a video before going in my first time? Half the fun is not knowing what to expect. 

I've been playing MMO's since 1998, they didn't have videos to watch, you actually played the game to learn what you are doing. (Even if they did, imagine it on a 56K modem)

What level were you when you entered the dungeon? Naryu is no cake walk and i highly doubt you had even decent gear if you were leveling and not properly gearing up yet. I dont expect people to have some insane AP, but being able to pull your own weight should be a obvious requirement.

Leveling to 49 should also be no problem. Assuming you were 45, the time needed to go to 49 is just a few hours of only doing the main story. That's a nice stat boost. After that you can start gearing up. With basic (even basic 45. Costs only a few douzen gold) gear you can get about >=400 AP, so dont be mad when people expect at least so much when you enter the hardest 45 dungeon.  

Also, while there are some scumbags out there, mostly when you tell them that you are new to the dungeon and ask for a quick explanation of the mechanics, players will explain them to you. However, unlike in other mmorpgs in blade & soul some of the dungeons are actually not a cakewalk. Before you first enter a new dungeon which is unknown to you, you (at least the purple ones since they are harder and have some mechanics other than "stay out of the circles") should watch a waltkthrough on youtube or read up some general informations about the dungeon.

Why am i writing all this? Well.. because i cant imagine people flaming anybody for not being level 50 (which takes about the same time or longer as a hongmoon level after 49 and doesnt have much value, compared to gear) IF the person has reasonable gear and doesnt cause the group to wipe because of a lack of communication or similar reasons. 

From what you told us, the situation is still pretty unclear. For all we know you could have been level 44 with a awakened infernal weapon, entering the dungeon without telling anybody that your gear sucks and you have no idea what you are doing (extreme scenarion as example) in which case it clearly would be your fault..

Or you could have been a decently geared level 49, nicely asking about boss mechanics and telling the group that it's your first time.

In the second scenarion clearly the group consisted of assholes, but honestly i cant imagine people reacting like you said in the above scenario, which is why i am sceptic and wrote all this. I understand both sides, based on the situation. The elitism in this game can be annoying, but on the other hand there are people expecting to be carried in content that clearly is not what they should be doing.

39 minutes ago, Leggo said:

Isn't it commune knowledge to look for a guide or watch a video of the dungeon before imposing on 5 random players to teach you? Takes less than 10 mins and would save u this kind of encounters. Is not that lvl 50s hate newbies, lvl 50s hate noobs. There is a difference, newbies wanna learn and do their best to do so, noobs swim in their pool of mud and cry *elitists* while waiting for u to carry them.

Even if you know what to do in the dungeon, all it takes is one death for someone/wipe and everyone bounces, I was doing 6man Harbor yesterday in cross with two of my friends and someone accidently started Thrasher 'Thrasher was super close to the drop off ramp when a few players drop down grabbing his attention', I ended up getting burned and I think another player got burned too, that player ended up leaving cause he die, the ones who was in the fight was having a bit of trouble so didn't go well, when that happen another player 'or was it 2?' left, which is stupid because everyone wasn't in the fight to begin with.

I used to think Pugs in L2 were bad, this game takes the cake on horrific entitled a holes. I have had so many entitled dick wads in yeti actually curse me out cause i'm 5 points away from 400 AP.  Yet I seem to be the one still standing while these 500 ap morons are frozen solid. This community is beyond toxic, my faction chat is beyond toxic, it always sounds like a bunch of 10 year old throwing around 'you momma jokes.' and cussing at each other in faction chat.. it's pathetic, my block list is mainly my own faction!. I know FTP brings out the morons and A holes.. but this game is the worst I have ever seen in my 12 years of gaming.

About worst comunity u mentioned i heard that tera eu had the most toxic players n that now many of them are playing bns.

I could be wrong but thats what ppl said to me but if that was the case tera na was wsy better helpfull players i know cause i played there even though im from eu i made the choice to play tera na cause bk then i was told eu had lame publicer n toxic comunity

It's not being *cricket* when you just leave. Do you realize if the party has not enough dps(damage per second), you will propably fail some boss because there is a timer which kills everyone in one second when timer runs out.. You all die and that was it, 20 minutes waste of time. I sometimes go low ap parties and say 'if we are gonna make this i clap' well we obviously die to the timer when they have abt 400 ap in lair and the boss still has 1/4 HP left when the timer runs out.

but really, stop going in dungeon you don't have to. check your equipment and what you need to upgrade first, it is clearly visible on all the items what you need and where you get it.

why go in NL with 300 ap, Infernal weapon and 20k life? what do you want there? there is nothing your character needs at that moment.

and yes i have seen people like that in NL, dying on every trash pack non stop, just keeping the group waiting and then failing the first boss because they die or do too little dps.

I can understand those lvl 50s point of view, just as I can understand yours. Look, NL is still a pretty viable dungeon, just like BSH and BSC. And that's especially if you haven't upgraded all your equipment jet. Not to mention it's basically easy gold for those people. They rush it because they know tactics and because they want to get over with it asap. It's simply not meant for their level anymore. What you should at least do is go through walkthrough before entering the dungeon or at least have someone explain what to do. Also, make sure you at least have minimum of what's required for a dungeon (for NL it should at least be True Siren weapon and Infernal accessories). And that's it. If you have this, most of people will accept you in this dungeon. And you needn't have to worry about gear upgrade until you reach current end-game (which requires about 430 AP on average, if you run with geared people, even 400 is nuff).

I don't have problem with elitists (I am still not even well geared for purple end-game) because I simply go through walkthrough before entering the dungeon, if nothing then so that I know what to do. And if I don't have to go in a certain dungeon I don't even go there. I happily do my quests for the content I currently need and am done with it.

10 hours ago, Nixonld said:

Why would I want to watch a video before going in my first time? Half the fun is not knowing what to expect. 

I've been playing MMO's since 1998, they didn't have videos to watch, you actually played the game to learn what you are doing. (Even if they did, imagine it on a 56K modem)

Hm, let's put it this way, just because you have an hour to spend in NL doesn't mean every other pug does. NL is outdated and people have no mercy towards newbies who run this instance the first time. If you really want to do content w/o knowing what to do, you either missed the game (since it's been out for a few years, there is already quite a sizable amount of guides out there) or you can gear up for Cold Storage and Sogun's Lament and do those the first few weeks. Sorry to say, but this game is time-consuming and people rather wouldn't like to experiment and wait for you to catch up on tactic in that manner.

P.S. It ofc, goes without saying that all these reasons don't justify people for being toxic towards other people.

lvl 50HM8 reporting in and I can totally relate to you. I've been trying to fight against this elite system which has been created by the players themselves. By allowing everyone regardless of class and ap in my parties, with the exception of yeti4 which requires people do deal a lot of dps since the boss has 7m hp.

Your best bet is to recruit your own parties and if some enormous ahole appears you should block them or leave the party. I got harrassed once because in necro4 someone died on his defense post and expected me to take over his post while he takes mine. He did not communicate but opted to call me a bad teamplayer and that I suck at the game (while he died, ironic ain't it). After his few lines of harrasment I left the party after apoligizing to the other 2 members.

aholes will be everywhere and it is impossible to reason with most of them.

Just now, Sadashi said:

Thelvl 50HM8 reporting in and I can totally relate to you. I've been trying to fight against this elite system which has been created by the players themselves. By allowing everyone regardless of class and ap in my parties, with the exception of yeti4 which requires people do deal a lot of dps since the boss has 7m hp.

Your best bet is to recruit your own parties and if some enormous ahole appears you should block them or leave the party. I got harrassed once because in necro4 someone died on his defense post and expected me to take over his post while he takes mine. He did not communicate but opted to call me a bad teamplayer and that I suck at the game (while he died, ironic ain't it). After his few lines of harrasment I left the party after apoligizing to the other 2 members.

aholes will be everywhere and it is impossible to reason with most of them.

These ap requirements which player put are actually good. You people notice in the future how annoying it is, when someones ap is not enough and you can get killed by a timer because of that. it is no problem for me if the low ap party can do enough dmg to beat the boss but it isn't. Timer kills you. The parties you low ap get accepted, the high gear players carry you. go and try to do that dungeon with x5 same ap than you have. you are dying for the first mob. :'D

13 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

This game has the worst community I have seen in 15 years of pc gaming. Aion was pretty bad but I think this tops it by far and the game is still new here. I think a lot of the problem is you don't need to get along with other players to accomplish anything.

and the worse has yet to come. we will get dps meter in a future update. what's happening now is nothing of what will happen when dps meter comes out

2 hours ago, Unskilled banana said:

It's not being *cricket* when you just leave. Do you realize if the party has not enough dps(damage per second), you will propably fail some boss because there is a timer which kills everyone in one second when timer runs out.. You all die and that was it, 20 minutes waste of time. I sometimes go low ap parties and say 'if we are gonna make this i clap' well we obviously die to the timer when they have abt 400 ap in lair and the boss still has 1/4 HP left when the timer runs out.

It absolutely a D*** move if you actually have it in the bag, and all because one person slip up a bit 'which doesn't automatically mean doom party'.

Archived