SSP Hackers

Styrofoam

This is a long shot but here are a few suggestions to decrease the bots and/or hackers in ssp (while keeping in mind asking to place a GM to look in-game is out of the question)

1. BOTS: The bots are mainly there to farm the "wind meteorites" and "rescue captives" which gives 5 soulstones each as reward. This quest is unlimited.

Solution: Make the quest daily i.e quest can be done only once a day. (Or you know 5 times a day or whatever, as long as it's limited)

Drawbacks: This will hurt the players who farm these for gold. But lets be honest, less bots farming equals more market value of soulstones, hence more gold. Plus, there are lots of other ways to farm gold in this game.

2. Hackers: Most of the hackers we saw in ssp are using it to to gain prestige via killing other faction members using weapons provided by the weapon crate.

Solution: As suggested by a few others, its as simple as removing the weapon crate from spawning. (This won't eliminate the hackers but it sure will decrease their benefits)

*I know the suggestion is not perfect. But its the only one i can think of as of now to help the dedicated players who farm ssp.

3 hours ago, RedactedNinja said:

This is a long shot but here are a few suggestions to decrease the bots and/or hackers in ssp (while keeping in mind asking to place a GM to look in-game is out of the question)

1. BOTS: The bots are mainly there to farm the "wind meteorites" and "rescue captives" which gives 5 soulstones each as reward. This quest is unlimited.

Solution: Make the quest daily i.e quest can be done only once a day. (Or you know 5 times a day or whatever, as long as it's limited)

Drawbacks: This will hurt the players who farm these for gold. But lets be honest, less bots farming equals more market value of soulstones, hence more gold. Plus, there are lots of other ways to farm gold in this game.

2. Hackers: Most of the hackers we saw in ssp are using it to to gain prestige via killing other faction members using weapons provided by the weapon crate.

Solution: As suggested by a few others, its as simple as removing the weapon crate from spawning. (This won't eliminate the hackers but it sure will decrease their benefits)

*I know the suggestion is not perfect. But its the only one i can think of as of now to help the dedicated players who farm ssp.

Issue has changed somewhat in Mushin at least. Crimson summoner hackers running around farming the mining sites killing the NPCs in groups as well has using those items to kill players at the same time.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

We've merged several threads on this one.
We value your feedback but please try to not submit a new thread when you can post somewhere with the same discussion.

Thanks for your understanding.
Team Blade & Soul.

Experienced this for the first time today on Mushin, sufficed to say never going back to SSP so long as this travesty continues.

I mean bots are on thing, but freelance Scummoner hackers basically doing as they please, that's simply unacceptable. Embarrassing.

Yesterday was quite the circus on mushin SSP with nearly a dozen hackers in groups preying on players doing their dailies.  Pretty awesome when you are attacking the final boss or an ogre and a speedhack comes in for a bombing run, actually flying way overhead, with a grenade launcher and takes out your entire team then their friends warp in and kill all the NPCs and its game over man, game over.  They then hop to the next active channel, rinse and repeat until SSP is a deadzone littered with scattered corpses of the victims of the HaQSquad.

It's funny how an actual GM could spend a few minutes and wipe out these guys.  But nope, not gonna be bothered to try and save the game either by the server monitoring player actions and banning when they are outside the abilities of a normal player or failing that actually putting eyes on these scum and banning manually.

So very, very disappointed in NCWest and their non-handling, head in the sand approach to this.  I watched the stream thinking perhaps the problem might get a passing mention to assure us they are working on a solution, but nope, nothing that wasn't directly related to the next piece of content that will be invariably destroyed by the cheats that have infested the game.  As their inaction continues the HaQ army grows and the paying customers head for the exits.  GG

1 hour ago, Randomonium said:

Yesterday was quite the circus on mushin SSP with nearly a dozen hackers in groups preying on players doing their dailies.  Pretty awesome when you are attacking the final boss or an ogre and a speedhack comes in for a bombing run, actually flying way overhead, with a grenade launcher and takes out your entire team then their friends warp in and kill all the NPCs and its game over man, game over.  They then hop to the next active channel, rinse and repeat until SSP is a deadzone littered with scattered corpses of the victims of the HaQSquad.

It's funny how an actual GM could spend a few minutes and wipe out these guys.  But nope, not gonna be bothered to try and save the game either by the server monitoring player actions and banning when they are outside the abilities of a normal player or failing that actually putting eyes on these scum and banning manually.

So very, very disappointed in NCWest and their non-handling, head in the sand approach to this.  I watched the stream thinking perhaps the problem might get a passing mention to assure us they are working on a solution, but nope, nothing that wasn't directly related to the next piece of content that will be invariably destroyed by the cheats that have infested the game.  As their inaction continues the HaQ army grows and the paying customers head for the exits.  GG

They don't care about the hackers. The only thing they care about  is how to earn money from the players

Gawd I hate the misuse of the term "Hacker". Nobody is "hacking" NCSoft servers. They are running scripts on their end. That is not "hacking". Hacking is gaining illegal access to a private computer or network with intentions to steal or exploit information that resides on the server or computer.

22 hours ago, Avenger said:

Greetings,

We value your feedback but please try to not submit a new thread when you can post somewhere with the same discussion.

Team Blade & Soul.

So you know about it. Less talk, more action. Sorry that we made you do the hard work of merging the threads, but we have to do something to keep throwing it in your face or you might think the problem solved itself. And then you(NCsoft) would continue to do nothing about it. And we can't have that. So, the sooner you guys fix this, the sooner you'll stop seeing multiple threads on it.

Thats my understanding and you're welcome to it.

1 hour ago, SpyderBite said:

Gawd I hate the misuse of the term "Hacker". Nobody is "hacking" NCSoft servers. They are running scripts on their end. That is not "hacking". Hacking is gaining illegal access to a private computer or network with intentions to steal or exploit information that resides on the server or computer.

Actually hacking encompasses much more than you think.  The cheats we speak of here are generally memory attacks where a program is used to read and manipulate game data stored in memory to allow things to be done that normally should not be allowed.  This type of memory hack is harder for games to detect than modifying client side files.  This is why they use that horrid and worse than useless gameguard to try to protect game memory and detect alterations.  Unfortunately the hackers use much more sophisticated techniques than NC does and they can usually stay a step ahead of attempts to stop them.  A game company that actually tries to combat these types of hacks usually will subscribe to the companies that produce them so the moment a cheat fix comes out they can get a copy of it, reverse engineer it and add it to their scanning.  This company does not appear to be willing to do what it takes in ways such as true esports games have to.

Guys, I could care less about your textbook definition of the term "hacker". Please stop.

There are literal GROUPS of crimson hackers on Mushin server teleporting around with grenade launchers killing people. They're going to every channel and killing everyone and killing our NPCs. This makes for a HORRIBLE gaming experience for legitimate players.

I really, really don't understand why NCSoft can't have some of their employees just log into the game and see who's doing this and ban them. They wouldn't even have to look long.

This is extremely demoralizing and makes me angry at not only the hackers, but the people who are failing to remove them or even acknowledge that they are a problem for your paying customers.

11 minutes ago, GlowLight said:

please report the bots to ncsoft customer support.

they will be happy to help you there about anything, answering questions, banning bots etc.

good luck!

Don't be a *cricket*tard... We've been doing this since day 1, and nothing changed... it's even worse now...

Just now, EasleyRR said:

Don't be a *cricket*tard... We've been doing this since day 1, and nothing changed... it's even worse now...

please express your concerns, suggestions, ideas, frustrations in ncsoft's customer support.

we can only help you so much on the forums.

On 4/21/2016 at 1:52 PM, Avenger said:

Greetings,

Team Blade & Soul.

Instead of merging threads could someone do something about the issue?  Pretty please?  Pretty f'in please???

29 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

Instead of merging threads could someone do something about the issue?  Pretty please?  Pretty f'in please???

ncsoft is currently investigating the bot issue players are facing, please be patient until they can resolve this issue.

Archived