Cold Storage - rant

Elisa Pendragon

On 4/22/2016 at 1:05 PM, Netson said:

this post is ****ing retarded -.-

1 - it isnt essencial items for the game its cosmetics and 80% of the games with cosmetics in the u have to pay them u get 0 cosmetic free except from event ones

2 - It is EASY difficulty so if it was spamable bots would just spam it but guess what? even if they dont spam think on a thousand bots doing it and then placing orbs on market for sale for extra cash

3 - alot of games have CD on dungeons wen they drop usefull items(im talking abt most recent games) because it prevents boting to a certain point

4 - theres already a similliar post to this one while this one focus the contents that drops in there the other focus on claiming p2w/paywall

5 - be4 trying to get anywhere do 2 things :

- wait on it to realease be4 complaining

- check for info of other versions as this dungeon can only be done once a day there also except if u purchase a reset

6 - last but most important the game is f2p but even a f2p game needs revenue who do you think that ****ing pays ur spot for f2p game? EXACTLY THOSE WHO BUY NCOIN/PAY PREMIUM

just a side note : try to rent a servers, buy rights and publish your game and make it 100% f2p and see if you can keep it up without any1 paying you a peny

Did you even read what i posted? I addressed like all of your points.

On 4/24/2016 at 6:15 PM, Tarask said:

Yeah as a fervent everquest player (playing since 1999 and i'm still on it even if i feel like sony *cricket*ed this, and going f2p even more screwed it), i can understand what you mean... but you seem to forget something :
-Everquest isn't about having dailies again and again.
-Just the quest for your epic weapon 1.0 and 1.5 involve more contents than the whole content of Bugs N Spin.
-As quests and zones have a wide variety you have something to do everywhere and players everywhere, so you could have fun playing with others at ALL level. (maybe i should say that at past, since everquest is dieing and less people are there)

BnS is ONLY about dailies.
Content is VERY poor which make grinding very annoying, and getting things more annoying to make you evolve slower is just nerves wrecking, as the real content doesn't follow.
Now, below 400 ap you really feel alone, and under 500 ap you can't really farm and everything goes slow.

As there is no real discovery like in EQ, as there is only 1 path possible for gear (when you have thousands in eq), as killing mobs is almost useless (when it's the main point in eq) as you won't grind serious exp or get anything useful outside purple dungeons (when in eq you have an unbelievable diversity of useful mobs/zone), ALL people are doing the same things and need the same things and have only ONE goal, they get easily mad when every alternative goals are soooo anoying or need to pay for it...

Of course that's just my opinion, not an absolute truth.

Tarask

Your opinion is spot on. Comparing EQ to BnS in the first place is ridiculous since the games are completely different, which you pointed out. I don't mind grinding, I've done a lot of it (not on the scale of a game like EQ or ffxi), but the grinding in this game is way too shallow, and the rewards you get for all that grinding are fleeting. That includes outfits unless you are the type of person who is fine with wearing one outfit forever. Grinding to get a piece of gear or weapon that lasts gives you a sense of accomplishment, in BnS however, the grind is constant and nothing lasts. Maybe that's because we're still playing catch-up to the current content in Korea, IDK.

Thanks for posting.

On 4/24/2016 at 4:35 PM, Tarask said:

Ooh man you can't imagine how much i deeply feel your words, i'm nostalgic now :'(

At the very beginning of EQ i remember when you needed to wait the boat to move from a continent to another, up to 30 minute, then the travel itself, more than 10 minutes, and people speaking to each other during the way...
People becoming legends because they were coming in Noobies zone and helped noobs, that was impressed, then speak to other of this guy... etc
Or the "corpse run" !!! hahaha i remember that 2 hours corpse run, and die at the very end lol and everybody knew that this was important and difficult, you just had to say "i'm on a corpse run" and everybody would help you, freely...
How i felt the first time i've seen Lord Nagafen, and Lady Vox... And how i felt the day i was able to solo Lady Vox with my Magician :')
The hours kiting with my druid as the mob wont "reset" if they go 3 feet away their initial place... And the hours camping the ice giants :')
Haha in the early days, when oasis was the "top zone", the famous "TRAIN TO ZONE" hahaha
How i searched for long the secret undersea room with the teleporting jars !!!!! and finally i bound myself there lol (there wasn't the books to PoK yet)
My first gigantic raid, to kill rallos zek... at 400 people !!! the feeling when i discovered and did Plane of Time... or Plane of Hate... dude this game made me feel like if i was a lucky archeologist accessing to the most sacred places of the world lol
Where were all the dumbs we have everywhere now ? ONE people doing shit could make the raid wipe, and with 400 people we haden't any problem... now over 5 persons for a dungeon ou already have 4/5 chance to have a brainless rager or hater...
Pffff and the Hell levels... I remember that i stick to level 56 like... 1 month or so, playing everyday, getting less than a blue bubble a day lol People now couldn't even understand why, and endure this... But this system made you actually discover a lot of things and even the hardcore grinder would get bored and so, would try something else, quests, zone discovery, helping others... etc
doooh i'll go on next progression server now !

For those reading this but that didn't know everquest, here is a chart, just of the zones :
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zlvlchart.html
It will give you an idea how the game is HUGE...

I don't know if everquest next will be good or not, but with everquest i feel like with final fantasy 7, can't do something better, just have to keep it as it was, upgrade the graphics and the graphic engine and let it go... I feel like patch since PoK books weren't a good thing to do... it haven't get more players into the game and get things too easy, and lose the social time (when you had to call and wait for a teleport, 10pp for the nice drOOd coming for ya lol ), and the random stuff that drop everywhere that made obsolete by itself most of the content under level 60 u_u'...

Okay i stop lol too nostalgic now, going to play xD
Tarask&Tharaskh&Taraskh in both BnS and everquest ^^

"Heh, always train right in Karnor's Castle,, or was it left? Oh my god, where all these came from?!" :D

On 4/25/2016 at 8:39 AM, Archess said:

Ive seen MMO's that got their shit done in a week, hell ive seen an action mmo combat game that sold the best End Game Gear day 1 in the store, not at all expensive, where are all these MMO's today, are you playing them, is anyone still playing them, no, they all folded.

Will BnS still be here in alive in 18 years ? i doubt it, most MMO's that get their shit done as you say it don't last very long.

Is Everquest still running after 18 years, absolutely, before comming here i came from one of their progression server.

The OP mentioned that this dungeon "specifically" not about some end-game gears that will impact the balance of the game in any way, but mats to craft clan outfit. Overall, do you believe we don't already have mats that are mostly locked behind daily quests right now? Not only that, there are caps on daily quests as well. If you don't pvp or buy from marketplace, there's only an X amount of sstones/stingers and probably a few more only obtainable from dailies. And even with dailies, RNG can still screw you over. We grind in-game outfits, mats, BiS sshields, and many many more.

If you raise it with bots farming gold through this then I can understand that perspective, even then is screwing the good players over for the bad (same with the mail system). But this game is all about grind. So what NC gave this one dungeon out w/o run limit and account bound the drops, the best ppl can receive in return is fancy clan outfits. But lets be realistic, you need a great amount of mats to craft once, and only 5 ppl can get the design, then is rinse and repeat the process for even a 6-person clan.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:35 AM, Tarask said:

Haha in the early days, when oasis was the "top zone", the famous "TRAIN TO ZONE" hahaha

Pffff and the Hell levels... I remember that i stick to level 56 like... 1 month or so, playing everyday, getting less than a blue bubble a day lol People now couldn't even understand why, and endure this... But this system made you actually discover a lot of things and even the hardcore grinder would get bored and so, would try something else, quests, zone discovery, helping others... etc

I used to love watching those trains and all the dead people caused from the wake as they would run back and agro anything in there way. People have it easy now, they reset and don't agro anything while running back.

hell level was going every 10 levels, the 9 to 10 spot was always double exp if not more and I think 59-60 was almost the entire exp from 1-59

Archived