Gear needed before starting Silverfrost

Yetan

I just hit level 45 and got my quest to duel Mushin in the tower, but I can't beat him to pass that quest. This is my first toon in the game. I'm wondering if my weapon and gear should be upgraded or it is a skill issue (e.g. I'm doing something wrong).

I haven't done anything in the E. Fleet or Blackram Supply Chains. I'm at ~260 AP and ~24K HP. I'm not fond of the dailies in those 2 zones, so I'd prefer skip them if possible. However, if I magically pass the Mushin dueling quest in my current gear, will I have a hard time questing in the Silverfrost zones?

Just the part to duel Mushin in the main quest line "Chapter 1: The Road to Darkness". I've read that I need to get him to 30%, but I'm far from it in my best attempt. Fixing some of my talents and do better may help me, but I'm just wondering if it is even doable with my weapon and gear for an average or sub-average player like me. If it is doable, I can farm the supply chains while leveling through Silverfrost, rather than farm and grind now.

If you're having a tough time with the story quest Mushin, you're going to have some troubles in Silverfrost.

Maybe post your current gear (easier: give your region and character name so we can look you up) and we can give you some tips on what to focus for upgrade.

5 hours ago, Shinsetsu said:

If you're having a tough time with the story quest Mushin, you're going to have some troubles in Silverfrost.

Maybe post your current gear (easier: give your region and character name so we can look you up) and we can give you some tips on what to focus for upgrade.

I just realized that my weapon is further behind in evolution than I thought. I didn't know there are quite a few more stages for weapons than accessories before "Awakened Siren." I will work on the weapon and get it to True Profane before trying the main story quest again. Due to the cost for upgrade, I'll prioritize weapon over accessories even though I may be able to upgrade accessories first. Hopefully, in the meantime, I'd collect a better set of Soul Shields too.

BTW, my blade dancer is Yetan on the server Yunwa (NA).

13 hours ago, Yetan said:

I just realized that my weapon is further behind in evolution than I thought. I didn't know there are quite a few more stages for weapons than accessories before "Awakened Siren." I will work on the weapon and get it to True Profane before trying the main story quest again. Due to the cost for upgrade, I'll prioritize weapon over accessories even though I may be able to upgrade accessories first. Hopefully, in the meantime, I'd collect a better set of Soul Shields too.

BTW, my blade dancer is Yetan on the server Yunwa (NA).

Yes, I can see you have plenty of thing to upgrade. Couple quick things you can do to boost yourself up:

1) Buy the blue grade belt from the moonwater valor stone vendor. It only costs moonwater valor stones and it gives you more defense.

2) Run E. Fleet Supply Chain and Nightshade Harbor dungeons to get soul shield and siren accessories (particularly the bracelet).

I can't remember the exact start of the hongmoon path for bracelet and belt but I'm pretty sure you can get them in those 24man dungeons. Since you are missing them completely, it should give you a nice little boost. And of course, you still should upgrade your weapon and other accessories.

17 hours ago, Shinsetsu said:

Buy the blue grade belt from the moonwater valor stone vendor. It only costs moonwater valor stones and it gives you more defense.

I bought this, and it also kept my HP above 24K when mixing some SS for higher crit (~33%). After hitting 46, I tried the quest again with my maxed True Inferno weapon @~300 AP (didn't have the gold to upgrade further). With the help of good luck, I passed the quest. The extra damage definitely helped to do enough burst damage when I wasn't CCed.

Now I am able to continue the main story line in Silverfrost Mountains. The quest "boss" fights are on the similar level with the Mushin dueling fight, but have less CCs, which is good, and I'm able to manage so far.

Thanks for the all the help in this thread.

Archived