Thanks. Time to move on - Positive and Negative.

Lyon04

Hi there,

I just wanted to post on here about my experience with Blade and Soul and how I rate it.

First of all let me start by saying, this game was amazing. Although it had it's obvious flaws the game play for me was always rewarding. I would generally spend about 4hrs a day playing this and more on the weekends. I played a  Force Master.

The game play for me was fun, engaging and overall better than some of the MMO I have played before ( Wow, Swtor, GW, etc....). I was able to progress my char with commitment to a satisfactory level, make gold and enjoy most aspects of the game. I would have been able to transition into the new content as it arrives with this suitable level of game play.

The thing that has made me stop playing this game has come down to a few things. As an Australian player I was forced to play a character, not pick what I wanted. I would have loved to play a melee class but this not "favorable" to someone with 250-300ms. It is not impossible it is simply not enjoyable.

Thank you to the community, to the developers and the overall experience I had an amazing time. Should the game become more "alt friendly" as it is clearly not unless you have a substantial stash of gold or time ( Average 6 weeks to get an alt to Pirate), or the implement a closer server where you are not forced to play ranged or suffer the penalty.

IF there are Australians that play melee successfully in PVP. I envy you, even as ranged PVP was a struggle. PVP in this game is really fun, demanding and has its moments, I would have loved to experience this US does.

None the less I will continue to monitor the forums / news from NCsoft should they ever decide to implement a server "closer" to the oceanic region that would allow Melee to be more viable I would surely come crawling back with a few $$ bills to throw into their pocket.

Good luck to all the adventurers.

I hear the TW server is great for Aussies when it comes to lag because of how much smoother it is there, but it's quite bot-infested and prices are cheap, less restrictions and less cash-milking features like this badly-optimized west version. Go check it out when you can and get the english translation patch for it too, of course. 

Archived