Propaganda? D:

Ciocolici

Is there a propaganda on the forums to destroy NCSoft or something? =)

It's all right to talk about the problems this game at the moment has: bots, spammers, hackers, account security, dev. communication.

It's our "freedom" to do so.  But still... I played many MMORPGs and I've never seen so much hate in the forums. I am new, didn't got to endgame yet and haven't met a real bot yet (in this game). But.. look. They just banned a lot of bots. They are doing STUFF. It's not like they don't do anything. The game keeps getting new content. And guys NEW CONTENT is REALLY SOMETHING in the world of free MMORPGs. And I know what I'm talking about!!! I used to play 9Dragons for nearly 2 years, without ANY new content.

I asked today in the faction chat about the bots subject. 9/10 people answered either "who cares", either "in arena I met only 2 bots today so it's alright I guess". And there was that one guy who answered something like this "the bots are not really the main problem with the game, but the community. ppl love to instigate".

After speaking for like 1 hour with the people on the faction chat, I realised that only on the forums people are like that. I met people in the chat that were speaking like they were really having fun with this game. Oh and there was one guy saying something like "Who cares about bots? Try having fun. I report every bot I see, spammers and stuff. And I ignore 'em, won't waste my time crying. I preffer to waste my time enjoying the game"

2 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Didnt you hear what op said? Who cares about bots?

Did I say that I don't care?

Gosh, why do you guys answer to the topic if you don't read everything.

I never said that I don't care. I was just saying why is there so much hate on the forums, but in-game there's not.

And you just show me I am right.

6 minutes ago, Bignaturalplays said:

those people you describe as a ''provocateur'' are the only reason why bots getting banned :)

Did I? Where?

21 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

It's all right to talk about the problems this game at the moment has: bots, spammers, hackers, account security, dev. communication.

It's our "freedom" to do so.  But still... I played many MMORPGs and I've never seen so much hate in the forums. I am new, didn't got to endgame yet and haven't met a real bot yet (in this game). But.. look. They just banned a lot of bots. They are doing STUFF. It's not like they don't do anything. The game keeps getting new content. And guys NEW CONTENT is REALLY SOMETHING in the world of free MMORPGs. And I know what I'm talking about!!! I used to play 9Dragons for nearly 2 years, without ANY new content.

I asked today in the faction chat about the bots subject. 9/10 people answered either "who cares", either "in arena I met only 2 bots today so it's alright I guess". And there was that one guy who answered something like this "the bots are not really the main problem with the game, but the community. ppl love to instigate".

After speaking for like 1 hour with the people on the faction chat, I realised that only on the forums people are like that. I met people in the chat that were speaking like they were really having fun with this game. Oh and there was one guy saying something like "Who cares about bots? Try having fun. I report every bot I see, spammers and stuff. And I ignore 'em, won't waste my time crying. I preffer to waste my time enjoying the game"

who cares not? the ones who use that kind of soft, most 'real' players are playing, not wasting their time on a faction chat (as even many already decided to remove the faction chat)

some weeks ago was the top arena ranks on EU, now is the top on NA.

They shouldn't even be there if NCWEST did what it should, verify skills server side.

those removed where just the tip of the iceberg. i'm just waiting (as someone said ) for the rest of the bot train to get to the top again.

4 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

Did I say that I don't care?

Gosh, why do you guys answer to the topic if you don't read everything.

I never said that I don't care. I was just saying why is there so much hate on the forums, but in-game there's not.

And you just show me I am right.

Wasn't talking to your or about you. I quoted someone else but if it cap fits...

33 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

Yeah, must be Blizzard or Ubisoft fearing NCSoft will steal their customers. So they are spamming forums with false informations and fake complaints about fake problems !! 

The forums act as a chronicle of our discontent.  Faction chat is fleeting and only reaches the folks actually logged in to that server, that faction and actually paying attention to your babbling instead of, you know, playing the game.

As for why all the negativity?  Well that's what happens when problems go unchecked in a vacuum.  We don't feel like any of the issues we raise are being addressed or even acknowledged.  I came from Neverwinter where mismanagement and lack of communication completely destroyed the game and I think many folks here don't want to see this game ruined by forces we feel can and should be controlled.

Dang casuals flooding faction chat with their high tolerance of issues that usually has no effect on their enjoyment since they are not affected by the more subtle side effects that these problems cause.

That said, bravo on the new content though.

57 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

Oh ghost finally!! I've been waiting for someone to say something like this. A big thank you

The salt is real because the problems are real. The majority of the player base isn't crazy or paranoid. There are problems, serious problems that need addressing. These problems, once left unchecked, will kill the awesome game bns is. The title itself is amazing, I have no quarrels with the title, none. 10/10. It is its publisher that's shafting the game hard.

This is a replay of silkroad online but at an expedited rate. It's developer and publisher, joymax killed the game but it took them about 5 years after its release. Botting went rampant and blatant, scams, hacks. There was even a database leak, I shit you not. They sat on their hands with every incident one after the next until players realized(too late) that nothing constructive was being done in their favor. They up and left so quickly joymax had to do a server merge, cutting the total amount of previous servers into less than half what it was....then later they had even another merge. It was tragic.

I dont think any blade and soul player actually wants to see the game wither prematurely. I don't want to see it happen nor do I hope or lobby for it but its whats going to happen sooner than later if its publisher continues to fall short. I'm not even asking for the problems to be completely solved, merely mitigated.

1 hour ago, Ciocolici said:

i would suggest to you to hold this post u made once your deep in the game and tell me if u still think the same

i understand your new, u said yourself and i do remember the HYPE once i started BnS but now months later i'm just really tired 

and ya i do agree this game has a salty forums its my first time too being in a situation like this

i always keep saying hope ill find something insetting to read in here but no its same topics always. bots/hackers/getting hacked

the usual 

i pray for u not to be touched by a bot so u never face what i'm facing and many like me

and by that i mean getting spammed daily every less than 10 min with whispers and friend requests.

reporting them for months and yet same bots still live spamming me as we speak right now

months later u won't come here with the same post u just posted trust me lol i was before u here 

telling ppl not to get mad and to look on the bright side, but once these bots hit u hard trust me you will wake up too.

and its funny your calling it  propaganda this is first lol u said it yourself just read the forums and what u find?

only these topics fluding the forums.

1 hour ago, Ciocolici said:

Yeah, way to blind yourself to real problems that others are experiencing. 

Today, there was, literally, a GROUP of hackers in Skypetal Plains on Mushin server. A group of hackers who haven't been banned, but have been reported by multiple people on both Crimson and Cerulean side. Kind of hard to have fun in a game when people are allowed to ruin your experience this way. How do you IGNORE a group of teleporting hackers with grenade launchers killing groups of people while they're trying to play the game?

If anything, what you're posting is propaganda. I love the game, but when you see things like what we're seeing now with hackers and botters proliferating every aspect of the game with no consequences for WEEKS, people are going to ask questions, valid questions, about why this is being allowed. If you can say "ignore it" with a straight face, then you should be a politician if you aren't already.

Bury your head in the sand folks. Just ignore the open world hackers who are teleporting around, killing you with grenade launchers and machine guns. Just ignore the level 25 hackers who are invincible in the arena while they kill you to the #1 spot. Just ignore the multiple groups of bots killing everything around them in the 24 man instance areas. Pretend that everything is alright and just have FUN ok?

55 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

I've never seen so much hate in the forums.

Generally speaking when average people (non forum lurkers / posters) come to the forums they have a problem they are unhappy with and a lot of the time the way they express themselves is less than the desirable manner. All forums seem to be like this now days, this seems to be how gaming companies desire the forums to be. A place for people to blow off steam and express there frustrations. Op, you are correct that these forums seems to have a much more negative vibe than others. 

People who do not care about a game will never go to the forums to post honest disapproval, those guys just leave. This game is in a unique position of being totally freaking awesome while at the same time being completely full of massive problems.

This game currently has:

- The worst bot problem of any game ever made (opinion that is shared by many). 

+ Very beautiful game world and characters.

- Horrifically bad optimization.

- The worst hacking problem I have ever witnessed.

+ Possibly the best combat system to date (my favorite by far).

+ Unique classes

- Rapidly increasing disparity of wealth. The haves and the have nots.

+ As much potential as any mmo has had since vanilla wow.

+ Yuns

- Lyns ( jk, kinda)

+ etc.

- etc.

There are a lot of reasons to love this game and care enough to express your opinions, unfortunately there are also a lot of reasons to be angry at ncs for the condition this game is in currently and therefore express your negative opinions. Faction chat stopped complaining about bots months ago, it is just a wast of time to do so. Though conversations about bots are frequent on my server. 

No one is trying to start a campaing against NCSoft, is not "propaganda" as you call it. And trust me, these are not hateful forums. What's going on is that the game is having a lot of problems, that everyone else here already mentioned, serious problems that mess with our safety as players, such as getting hacked, or stuff that interferes with the gaming experience like crashing, lagging, computers shutting down, and the whole bot things, it's obnoxious. I've played a lot of games and all games suffer from gold sellers and hackers at a point, but, in this particular game it's kinda getting out of hand. What you see is a bunch of people that are annoyed and frustrated, and why not, mad. Yes, the game is awesome, and a lot of people from the community are. But saying stuff like "i dont care" , that is not right, the fact that it hasnt happend to someone doesn't mean is not happening. Everyone has their own way to complain, some just are a bit more tuned down about it, some others are more spoken. But i think everyone should complain, that whole "its f2p game" doesn't fit anymore, nowdays a free to play game can result more expensive than a sub one, I can tell you about it because I play wow and I've never spent as much money as I've spent on a "Free to play". We are their costumers, we buy stuff from them, so their obligation as someone that provides a service is go provide a decent one. No one here is complaining about how the characters look, or the stuff they sell. We are complaining about hackers, bots, scammers, a non optimized game, about the staff not bothering on even responding. There are a lot of people that spend money on this game every week, every month. They have the right to complain. I doubt anyone is being mean, if we didnt like the game, there would be no complains, we'd just move on to another game, people complains because they want stuff to get fixed because they like the stuff. Is because of people that keep saying "i dont care" that games die or get reduced to tiny populations, there is a big dif between being optimistic and pretending nothing is happening. 

16 minutes ago, Pookies said:

No one is trying to start a campaing against NCSoft, is not "propaganda" as you call it. And trust me, these are not hateful forums. What's going on is that the game is having a lot of problems, that everyone else here already mentioned, serious problems that mess with our safety as players, such as getting hacked, or stuff that interferes with the gaming experience like crashing, lagging, computers shutting down, and the whole bot things, it's obnoxious. I've played a lot of games and all games suffer from gold sellers and hackers at a point, but, in this particular game it's kinda getting out of hand. What you see is a bunch of people that are annoyed and frustrated, and why not, mad. Yes, the game is awesome, and a lot of people from the community are. But saying stuff like "i dont care" , that is not right, the fact that it hasnt happend to someone doesn't mean is not happening. Everyone has their own way to complain, some just are a bit more tuned down about it, some others are more spoken. But i think everyone should complain, that whole "its f2p game" doesn't fit anymore, nowdays a free to play game can result more expensive than a sub one, I can tell you about it because I play wow and I've never spent as much money as I've spent on a "Free to play". We are their costumers, we buy stuff from them, so their obligation as someone that provides a service is go provide a decent one. No one here is complaining about how the characters look, or the stuff they sell. We are complaining about hackers, bots, scammers, a non optimized game, about the staff not bothering on even responding. There are a lot of people that spend money on this game every week, every month. They have the right to complain. I doubt anyone is being mean, if we didnt like the game, there would be no complains, we'd just move on to another game, people complains because they want stuff to get fixed because they like the stuff. Is because of people that keep saying "i dont care" that games die or get reduced to tiny populations, there is a big dif between being optimistic and pretending nothing is happening. 

Agreed. You said it in a nice way, but that's what I meant. Just the OP's tone pissed me off a bit.

Wow, I didn't thought the topic will get so many answers. And I didn't thought I will read what I just did.

Didn't meant to say it the way I said, and I didn't thought the problems are so big.

Now you guys scared the s*** out of me. I finally found a mmorpg that's on my style, that I love playing, and you make me feel like the game will die in a little time because of the publisher. In fact, I feel like I'm being told to stop playing the game because it is dying anyway.

But for real! I really didn't thought the problem's so big. I just found a video on youtube with so many bots going together, they called it the train.

And I saw some ppl saying they get to play more often against bots in arena, than against real people.

I was curious about this bots stuff, and that's why I asked on the chat in-game. And people there seemed like it's not a really big deal. And I thought people are just exagerating on the forums.

I don't want to waste my time in a game that's dying, but in the same time I don't want to change the game again. 

Where can I make a badass anime-ninja with big breasts? -added a little humor to the drama

But anyway, I like the game so much, don't want to search for another one. Should I continue playing..?

About bots, I usually dont participate in arena pvp but one day I was like wth I'll play it.  So I did about 30 matches in one sitting and I saw only 2 real players xD.  I love this game, I want it to succeed but the bots, optimization (idk how they screwed up from cbt to launch because cbt ran alot better) lack of communication from devs, bugs that have been around since before NA release still existing.  Im back to playing pso2 until chi master comes out but it all depends on how smooth things are running when that happens.  

3 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

Where can I make a badass anime-ninja with big breasts? -added a little humor to the drama

Pso2 :D lol

I see bots in small groups in the game, and usually they do not impact me. I fought a bunch in Arenas. But today I was seriously taken aback seeing the same bot parade in the Misty woods as I saw screenshooted on other servers. There must have been two dozen of them stringed together. They were of my faction, and demolished everything that was in red in sight. Which helped with my dailies. But were it on the opposite faction, and in all channels, I'd be denied access to the all important 13 soulstones. When will it happen? Tomorrow? A day after tomorrow?

End-game grind on its own might not be that awful a thing. New content all the time is a great thing. But the two put together, without the relaxation of the grind on the lower levels are sinking a player like me, who started a month and a half ago. Unfortunately, there is little you can do if you do not keep up. The content you can do in the gear that was new months and a half ago is now dated and old. 

Seriously, the game has old content nobody runs anymore because of player fatigue after only 4 months on the market. The number of runs per dungeon in the current end-game content that someone almost geared quoted was 387 times. One dungeon. 387 times. And that player was ahead of the gearing curve, and in a privileged position running with guildmates. For someone who can do that only as a daily it would take over a year to get there.

I don't know how many people thrive n repetition of the same content on the same character. I am of a kind that would like the same content on a different character. But the connections between the alts are almost non-existent so it's a game that necessitates playing a main to access content, not providing an alternative for those of us who do love alts.

PvE is strongly favored over PvP. All avenues of revenue generation is locked with PvE gates, and they have just made it that much higher moving the SDC to purple dungeons. And the SDCs are not account bound, thye are character bound, so you cannot have a PvE alt and a bunch of PvP ones. Every alt has to be geared for PvE.

Finally, the account security really scared me today. I called my credit company and changed my credit card account. I am reluctant to purchase from this vendor, NC Soft, again, because the last thing I want is for my entertainment to compromise my RL.  That's said, because I just bought my first month of subscription and was all happy about it. But if the safest thing to do is not to pay NC Soft for the product, because they cannot guarantee a secure transactions, this is hardly a great business model. 

Do you think that this post is PROPAGANDA??? the fact that not happen to you does not mean that other people are wrong or with malicious intent.
All this discontent is not only because everything is already known but also by the lack of response on solutions to these problems.

Archived