Don't see the problem with OW

Raisins

This is my first time looking into BnS and PvP has always been my area I partake in; OW being my favorite or otherwise. Having messed around in it for a bit, it's too familiar. It makes me scratch my head at all the complaints....I've PvP'd since vanilla EQ, the sheer amount of crying about things that aren't even that bad by any stretch is disappointing. You want PvP but you don't want PvP but you kinda want PvP but in a certain way. OW has always, and I mean always, had high level players sit in lower zones to gank lower players for WHATEVER the reason may be: they're bored, pvp quest, this is how they get their kicks, and, more often than not, they've had a bad day in higher level PvP, take their lowbie PTSD of getting ganked out on new people, or they're just bad at PvP and need that much of a handicap. At least you have a choice and a choice that is more immediate than waiting for a PvP flag to turn off, avoid entire zones outright because they'll auto-flag you, or you play on a server to where you're perma-flagged no matter where you go. 

Solutions have always been: Get good, call in your higher levels to get rid of their higher levels (i.e. develop a community instead of a bunch of people thinking the game is a shared single-player), beat their zerg with a bigger -or- better zerg....yes, I've watched quality players in smaller groups wipe out lemmings (Warhammer anyone?), etc. OW doesn't appear to be an issue at all in my experience, it's cut and dry with a lot of handicaps and quality of life. Don't get mad that you decide to PvP, decide to are the key words btw, and get killed....that's the point, nobody said you were entitled to a fair fight, that's what duels are for. OW is all about thinking on your feet and reaction time, 1v1 is all about, not to the T mind you, rock/paper/scissors, balance, and sometimes a bit of luck.

it is simply not available. Ive searched for open world PVP every single day and haven't even found someone from an enemy faction in 2 weeks. they have not fixed anything to encourage a balanced population or rewards for being successful in pvp.

Archived