arena lag on EU?

SkoobyDoo

Hello guys is it me or the lag in arena past 2-3 days on EU is out of hand?its almost impossible to play anymore.on my screen my opponent is on other side of the arena but same time he is doing combos on me......it make me unable to react or do anything at all.is it just me or  you guys have same problem sometimes?

Dude Eu servers lags in the evening since beta. It's not only arena. Forum have tens of threads and complains about it, but  NCSOFT anwser is that users have crappy net. Doesn't matter that their games are only ones to lag, that you have ping to LoL 20m and high speed light fibre. It's your fault always: Ncsoft policy. So don't bother. Game was lagging, is lagging and will be lagging. Just the same as bots runs rampart. Too bad they wasted nice game with shitty management.

How to create an E-Sport game:

Step 1: Easy access. No unneccessary leveling/getting skillbooks/xp grinding.

Step 2: Good optimization

Step 3: Good connection

Step 4: Profit

So.. apparently they skipped step 1 to 3 and just gone with 4..

I've sent a ticket to support regarding the lag spikes, which is still ongoing for 2-3 days now.

They made me do stuff, ridiculous stuff - which I did - and still nothing changed. I even sent them data I got with WinMTR showing a clear spike in a node, that the carrier "Telia" is responsible for, and they keep continuing to make me do things... (reset winsock, set Google DNS, disable all startup items except Microsoft ones etc.)

This is getting to the point of being funny and sad at the same time, but I'm going with it till the end to see what they will say when I've done everything they asked for and it still won't be fixed. I hope I am the idiot and it's something on my end and it will get fixed after this, I really do.

3 hours ago, Brainy said:

This is getting to the point of being funny and sad at the same time, but I'm going with it till the end to see what they will say when I've done everything they asked for and it still won't be fixed. I hope I am the idiot and it's something on my end and it will get fixed after this, I really do.

No, you are not an idiot and nothing they tell you will help :P

As you said, the problem is the Telia.net Server which cause packetloss and thus lag and spikes. Its not your problem or your ISP's problem. Its NCSOFT and Telias. Now i use pingzapper and my ping remains 30ms openworld and 30-50ms in the arena.

Thats why NC SOFT wont see a single cent from me. Cause i have to pay for a VPN to play this game.

So get an VPN like Pingzapper WTFast or othe if you wanna play that game smooth.

4 hours ago, Brainy said:

I've sent a ticket to support regarding the lag spikes, which is still ongoing for 2-3 days now.

They made me do stuff, ridiculous stuff - which I did - and still nothing changed. I even sent them data I got with WinMTR showing a clear spike in a node, that the carrier "Telia" is responsible for, and they keep continuing to make me do things... (reset winsock, set Google DNS, disable all startup items except Microsoft ones etc.)

you won't manage to fix it no matter what you do, cause there's no problem with your PC, ISP etc etc shit they make you do. don't worry. your PC is perfectly fine, and you're definitely not an idiot. it's the *cricket*ing game guard that causes the problems you have. i bet anything you want that if they remove/deactivate game guard, all your and our problems(you're not alone) will be solved instantly. anyway, in the end they will say "we don't have anything else to try to fix your problem so we'll stop replying" or something like that

at this point i am starting to give up any hope.arena for me personally is unplayable most of the time.anyone can tell me do NA servers have same lag spikes?because i think i preffer to move on na and play with high ping then play on EU and have lag spikes all the time.

also did WTfast really help you?i mena my ms in general is low the problem is there is this huge lag spikes that make pvp unplayable.

4 hours ago, SkoobyDoo said:

also did WTfast really help you?i mena my ms in general is low the problem is there is this huge lag spikes that make pvp unplayable.

I tested WTFast the last time I had this problem and while it does reduce ping spikes it will not help you if the problem is NCSofts servers.

When I had ping around 30ms WTFast would get rid of those occasional spikes to 70ms which are barely noticable anyway. When my ping went up to 100+ ms it couldn't do anything because the problem was in NCSofts internal network.

I usually have ping of 20-30 ms until I reach NCSofts servers (checked with tracert), whatever happens there will make it go up to 100 or more.

On 4/21/2016 at 0:39 PM, Brainy said:

After i done all the things they told me ,after i worn tones of discutions with my net provider and such and changed my router and whatnot in my pc just to ''optimise'' it more (LoL) -the game not working better at all ,the lag spikes and screen freezes are permanent and they told they can't assist me more (all those during 4 weeks of ''trials'').

The conclusion ,like in Wildstar ,was for them i should talk with my ISP (wich ,as i said i did and theres nothinh wrong with my net).

As someone time before mentioned : ''you can have a NASA pc ,the game will run crap''. And is true ,for most of NCsoft games .Single one i don't have lag from them is GW2.

The rest of others ...huh.

11 hours ago, Windy said:

After i done all the things they told me ,after i worn tones of discutions with my net provider and such and changed my router and whatnot in my pc just to ''optimise'' it more (LoL) -the game not working better at all ,the lag spikes and screen freezes are permanent and they told they can't assist me more (all those during 4 weeks of ''trials'').

The conclusion ,like in Wildstar ,was for them i should talk with my ISP (wich ,as i said i did and theres nothinh wrong with my net).

As someone time before mentioned : ''you can have a NASA pc ,the game will run crap''. And is true ,for most of NCsoft games .Single one i don't have lag from them is GW2.

The rest of others ...huh.

Problem isn't ping, it's packets lost in transfer. As Alashya linked NCSOFT servers loose insane amount of packets during transfer.  That basically means some of commands you send to the server and informations that are send to you from server are lost. That's why you see this insane lag spikes. It's won't be better even if you had 0ms ping cause it's not latency issues, server just don't have information you send to it. NCSOFT skimped money on the project, took cheapies and crapies host for servers and that's the result. Good game is unplayable. Out to play Tera NA at least they have stable servers, even from europe.

1 hour ago, Veral said:

Problem isn't ping, it's packets lost in transfer. As Alashya linked NCSOFT servers loose insane amount of packets during transfer.  That basically means some of commands you send to the server and informations that are send to you from server are lost. That's why you see this insane lag spikes. It's won't be better even if you had 0ms ping cause it's not latency issues, server just don't have information you send to it. NCSOFT skimped money on the project, took cheapies and crapies host for servers and that's the result. Good game is unplayable. Out to play Tera NA at least they have stable servers, even from europe.

i notice that aswell.played tera on NA servers form EU and didnt feel any lag or delay at all.there is also no lag spikes at all.i tryed NA server on BNS aswell near 2-3 sec delay !!!! it seems that simple ncsoft is using  really bad host.

Archived