Destroyer vs Warlock like wtf?

Valiant

Beauty of this game's PVP xD

The classes are like rock-paper-scissors, there is no balance. Each class has a set of classes that literally just down right destroy the said class, it takes a really skilled player to even have a chance to win in those match ups. Don't stress over it, just know its normal.

Try to watch videos of how they play, see if you can spot weaknesses.

6 minutes ago, DattKidd said:

Beauty of this game's PVP xD

The classes are like rock-paper-scissors, there is no balance. Each class has a set of classes that literally just down right destroy the said class, it takes a really skilled player to even have a chance to win in those match ups. Don't stress over it, just know its normal.

Try to watch videos of how they play, see if you can spot weaknesses.

I did watch videos, I did try every method I could use against them and me is not a new player or low ranked me is vary between 2000 to 2100 so yah

It just if I put down their block they go for immune then go back for block(While been on 30 second Cooldown for my knee so I break their block again ) And same go for their pure dps damage I don't know how to immune escape that, Like I used immune for 5 seconds + Tab defense increase + Heal shield but blah you no use to escape that damage

And if I did escape that huge damage then I left without any chance to put high dps on them since I'm not using stun shield or fury or even deflect stun tab :/

If it makes you feel any better, what we do to you, fms do to us lol.

But basically, most wls will start the match by using their knockdown. You're gonna wanna most likely iframe this. If you miss it, and end up snared, stand there and wait for wingstorm (which procs dragon helix) or dragoncall. SS and proceed to kite them out. wait until wingstorm is over, then attack. Basically its a game of rush in, rush out. And ALWAYS kill the pet with fury the moment they summon it. 85% of wls will go down quickly after that. 

This game is a rock paper scissors , WL will counter Destroyer the same way Destroyer counter Summoner and Summoner counters BM , and so on...

If you ask me there should be a build option against every class , no class should counter another hard especially on a game that takes pvp seriously , but hey why we even try , it's not like someone from ncsoft will do anything.

14 hours ago, Valiant said:

Really what should I do as a destroyer against warlock ? 

They spam their block, Spam their immune, High dps and I can't just put enough dps to kill them,....

Wtf I should do?

Lol as "all my attacks break block"-class you cry over block? What lvl are you? Why you think bots are destroyers? 

And warlock is the only class you need a little brain to fight. All others you can go semi afk as destroyer in pvp. 

Warlock has much more problems against most other classes than you agsinst only one. After buffing and debugging warlock you can cry again over him but not so. And no i'm no noob i was last season in top 300 and now in top 100 from WL

Just now, DragonAlex said:

Lol as "all my attacks break block"-class you cry over block? What lvl are you? Why you think bots are destroyers? 

And warlock is the only class you need a little brain to fight. All others you can go semi afk as destroyer in pvp. 

Warlock has much more problems against most other classes than you agsinst only one. After buffing and debugging warlock you can cry again over him but not so. And no i'm no noob i was last season in top 300 and now in top 100 from WL

well actually destroyer has  4 skills that can go through block (the 4 knockdown, red spin and block break knee, grab) 

4 knockdown has a small range and is hard to pull off against ranged classes

red spin costs too much mana and again..its not very helpful vs warlocks

block break knee..well 30 sec cd and it can b avoided several ways

grab.. idk how stupid u gotta b to let him grab u at that small range(u deserve to get grabbed n is only ur fault if this happened)

Warlock screws destroyers so hard its stupid lmao

oh and FYI that top 300 n 100 doesn't matter considering almost EVERY warlock iv vsed are bad and they don't even know what the enemy classes do and how their skills work. Which u proved with ur ignorant comment of "all my attacks break block" lol..really??

But again..thats just how easy ur class is, win with no knowledge of the game

1 hour ago, Phytolacca said:

well actually destroyer has  4 skills that can go through block (the 4 knockdown, red spin and block break knee, grab) 

4 knockdown has a small range and is hard to pull off against ranged classes

red spin costs too much mana and again..its not very helpful vs warlocks

block break knee..well 30 sec cd and it can b avoided several ways

grab.. idk how stupid u gotta b to let him grab u at that small range(u deserve to get grabbed n is only ur fault if this happened)

Warlock screws destroyers so hard its stupid lmao

oh and FYI that top 300 n 100 doesn't matter considering almost EVERY warlock iv vsed are bad and they don't even know what the enemy classes do and how their skills work. Which u proved with ur ignorant comment of "all my attacks break block" lol..really??

But again..thats just how easy ur class is, win with no knowledge of the game

So and BM and WL only has 2 block breakers. WL is your counter class yes but you need much less efford than an WL needs in other matchups. But thats my opinion.

Use searchin strike with 2 points+scorching 2 points , when he summons stay far he will come to you then when he trys stun with summon just spin abit and use C for air bomb ,if he swich again with summon  run again far away (block with shild if he do Wingstorm) when summon is out he will try to block and use ressists  use  kick/knee  and grab him aply emberstomp (hogmoon with ressist or wrath dmg) and he is done. also pretty good combo is C +typhoon with stun+knee with block remove since typhoon stuns him from behind.I got WL and if oponent fuks timewarp and stun and grab im done. Destro and Warlock are my toons and if WL is whitouth hogomon Dragoncall skillbook destro is actualy in better position cose warlock helix build got some special conditions to rotate for good dmg.  Ah almost forgot always use persistanse with escape for your E skill and imo huricane with 400%def and -25% first hit is the best against WL.

Get the HM hurricane, should help you abit.

As for fighting them i really dunno, i just go yolo popping fury when i see the thrall then go for the lock. Tho you wanna make sure the thrall is close to the lock just incase if he recalls it. Knockback on Q is also good,

8 hours ago, DragonAlex said:

So and BM and WL only has 2 block breakers. WL is your counter class yes but you need much less efford than an WL needs in other matchups. But thats my opinion.

Well seem like you know nothing about destroyer at all...

First Destroyer counter is KFM, Warlock, FM and BM if smart and skilled enough.

Yes Destroyer have it own hard matches against 4 classes and even you can add Assassin as the troll Class that win by time out or if he smart enough make you use all of your escapes with their high light before web, Stun,. Knockdown,Web, stun again you till death 

I personally never have trouble with warlocks really, I don't see why people have that much of an issue with it.

I take def spin and have HM emberstomp.

Honestly, destroyer is more about punishing, and knowing how to use your cc optimally. Also, deflect can be used for more things than you think, just takes a lot of knowledge and skill.

And that requires excellent knowledge of other classes, which a lot of destroyers greatly underestimate. And people whine a lot about destroyer counters.  I personally don't think destroyer has any hard counters.

I'm rank 21 destroyer on EU, I'm not great, but I consider myself a decent destroyer.

1 hour ago, Masqava said:

I personally never have trouble with warlocks really, I don't see why people have that much of an issue with it.

I take def spin and have HM emberstomp.

Honestly, destroyer is more about punishing, and knowing how to use your cc optimally. Also, deflect can be used for more things than you think, just takes a lot of knowledge and skill.

And that requires excellent knowledge of other classes, which a lot of destroyers greatly underestimate. And people whine a lot about destroyer counters.  I personally don't think destroyer has any hard counters.

I'm rank 21 destroyer on EU, I'm not great, but I consider myself a decent destroyer.

Then tell m what I do wrong then, Like I use Defensive Tab, Emberstomp even the defensive E not Fury 

Archived