Forums

Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

Ah-ha-ha, I thought I was done upgrading. Well, with the server merging, now I will most likely have to drive my Cerulean higher up to get the SSP credits. 'Cause Poharan is gigantic and blue.

And to think that I made this Summoner as an alt just to get those prizes for my intended main back at the time... And here we go, 4 months later, and I can't quit playing the guy. Funny, heh?

This game, it just keeps you on your toes and is absolutely unpredictable.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the die was cast :) After thinking of just how vulnerable to ganking my poor lock is, and seeing a build-up of hostility on the news of the server merger, I moved my lock to Cerulean.

This goes against my normal playstyle and what I've wanted, but my lock's being badly undergeared and on a Faction that is likely to stage  an active insurgence against the newly dominant one and thus endangering the players like my lock, solo and weak, and on top of it, well, a certain Ceru segment will be vengeful, unleashing all the frustration of the months of being abused by the Crim right back at... well the solo and weak Crims.

The membership was already equal, so I am not the only one jumping ship. My status was re-set to Recruit (but he only was Elite anyway), so I added Cinderlands to his list of things to do. At least the Enlightened Neckalce dropped for him ('cause the boy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, I swear), so he only has to run Mushin's tower for another week, and then sit and wait till I have 90 gold to spare and soulstones to build up for upgrade him to Siren accessories.

Mostly I am trying to work out how to get income for my Summoner to get OB accessories. It is untimely that the MTS prices are going down, and with my Lock out of commission on SSP for a few days I can't dream of making enough ss to do Silverfrost TS for sale. Not that they are priced all that well for the amount of mats they take to manufacture.

Also, while I was looking at his accessories I have realized that while my staff collection is complete all the way to Asura, apparently I am missing the Scorpio one. Well, I better be on the lookout for drops in Necro.

And, OMG, I did not die on yeti! And we did not have an FM. Not sure if I managed my iframes half-decently, but boy, oh, boy, I was just happy to pass it without embracement.

Slowly but surely getting my FM alt through Act 3. I just reached Hogshead Hamlet. A bit more before Hujikar and the 24-man. Looking forward to the latter, I really am. Gotta reach lvl 45 for new skill. Practicing my skill rotation on Lycan world boss in the meantime. Finally getting the hang of incorporating 2 into it. Normally, I'd just LMB/RMB, with the occasional furies and flame X+V when not on cooldown.

I hope I have enough time to get Summoner at same point when I'm done with Act 3 on FM before EXP event ends. FM is higher priority, though, because I like the class a bit more.

Main got more accessories caught up, finally got earring to True Siren. Only necklace and belt remains. Then I can finally pass on any spare MTs to the above FM alt. I can actually afford to join 500+ AP premade groups. Well, either that or make my own. Regardless, don't have to rely on LFP as often now and it's been great so far. Including Asura, even. Oh, and only Merry Potters that need to reach lvl 4. All my other guilds on main are lvl 4/5, so I can technically craft my own MTS, but I'm a bit too lazy for that atm. :p

26 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Main got more accessories caught up, finally got earring to True Siren. Only necklace and belt remains. Then I can finally pass on any spare MTs to the above FM alt. I can actually afford to join 500+ AP premade groups. Well, either that or make my own. Regardless, don't have to rely on LFP as often now and it's been great so far.

Grats, I too found the dungeon experience far smoother when you can throw together a 500+ group when you are on your lonesome. And folks are so nice in them, cause everyone posts those ridiculous 550 groups. I think even if I hit 550, I will still be doing 500+ s. :)

Cheers!

MTS prices are down, so it's not so bad to buy it now.

4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Well, the die was cast :) After thinking of just how vulnerable to ganking my poor lock is, and seeing a build-up of hostility on the news of the server merger, I moved my lock to Cerulean.

This goes against my normal playstyle and what I've wanted, but my lock's being badly undergeared and on a Faction that is likely to stage  an active insurgence against the newly dominant one and thus endangering the players like my lock, solo and weak, and on top of it, well, a certain Ceru segment will be vengeful, unleashing all the frustration of the months of being abused by the Crim right back at... well the solo and weak Crims.

The membership was already equal, so I am not the only one jumping ship. My status was re-set to Recruit (but he only was Elite anyway), so I added Cinderlands to his list of things to do. At least the Enlightened Neckalce dropped for him ('cause the boy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, I swear), so he only has to run Mushin's tower for another week, and then sit and wait till I have 90 gold to spare and soulstones to build up for upgrade him to Siren accessories.

Mostly I am trying to work out how to get income for my Summoner to get OB accessories. It is untimely that the MTS prices are going down, and with my Lock out of commission on SSP for a few days I can't dream of making enough ss to do Silverfrost TS for sale. Not that they are priced all that well for the amount of mats they take to manufacture.

Also, while I was looking at his accessories I have realized that while my staff collection is complete all the way to Asura, apparently I am missing the Scorpio one. Well, I better be on the lookout for drops in Necro.

And, OMG, I did not die on yeti! And we did not have an FM. Not sure if I managed my iframes half-decently, but boy, oh, boy, I was just happy to pass it without embracement.

I caught your comment about being married 18 years before I was about to pass out from staying up way too late leveling my Soul Fighter.  Congrats, it will be 13 years for me this year.  I think Soul Fighter will be my main alt.  I like the ranged melee combination a lot and coming from ranged main, it makes things easier.  I was able to solo most of the green dungeons without a problem.

WWV queue was over 30 minutes so I tried yeti for the first time on my main.  I should have watched a video or something since I had no idea what was going on.  I have read about what to do but I didn't know when I supposed to do things exactly.  We wiped and 4 people left.  We recruited and 3 of the people that left were recruited back and then we won.  Once I get the yeti ring I hope to never go there again.

Thank you and grats to you as well :)

The Sin PoV vid posted in the thread is actually very good, you can see what to look for and when to try to iframe. I am just grateful that someone else was cc'ing because no way I would have an awareness to both cc and get iframe on time before the second jump. I think I was actually tossed yesterday, but I don't think I was tossed as a tank-toss.

And yes, I also feel soul-fighter is a great bridge from ranged to melee, though I am going to see what's up with Summoner, and how Sin would compare before gearing any other alt. My heart is set on keeping my lock for now and maybe taking over from the Summoner, and retiring the Summoner in favor of another class. I keep wanting to retire him, but he is just so convenient.

Summoner has quite the 'jack of all trades, master of none' feel to its gameplay style, which brings this convenience factor you speak of, so it's no wonder you feel it's hard to retire the class. I got 4th slot free and I dunno if I'm making SF, BM or Sin.

18 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Summoner has quite the 'jack of all trades, master of none' feel to its gameplay style, which brings this convenience factor you speak of, so it's no wonder you feel it's hard to retire the class. I got 4th slot free and I dunno if I'm making SF, BM or Sin.

It's more that my Summoner seems to be just the guy who always ends up in the right place at the right time. Every time I am trying to switch, the game throws another event or promotion or update that make it ultimately beneficial to play him and only him.  It was like this since the third day of my playing BnS and my first toon, the Destroyer was 8 levels too high to do the Warlock Challenge, so I started my Summoner.

All out war on Iksanun. Nothing got done. Crimson gone rabid, so all we could do is fight off their Ak Bul, nuke the drills a couple of times, and sneak in the tent and a couple of rounds of mining before it got revenge-nuked. I ended up one Unbound short of credit. The folks did the Blackwyrm though, I've never done it before, so well, new thing. But in terms of earnings, that's zip, zilch and a repair bill.

Doing Cinderlands on my Warlock and can't wait for the Mistywoods to open up for him.... I have enough stones for an order of the Sirverfrost Transformation stones and I can keep up the MTS cottage industry between the two of them running Misty and if WL learns to kill Sentinels in SSP, but until SSP is back on rails I won't have stones to break-through.

Well, maybe it's my chance to level up the Soulfighter and build-up Warrior tokens on the lock. If they do BW I will come as well, though I don't think I will be able to get a gem as my ticket to upgrades.

I have 2 alt, a Summoner and a FM

I play them daily after finishing dailies on my Main!

My summoner is now, 503 AP HM5

while my FM is still lvl 40 at 230++

My main is 596 AP.

I make all MTS and STS from my Main. and pass them over to my alt. (TBH i'm very lucky that I joined the correct gathering and crafting guild fr my main!)

any breakthrough weapon/acc that can be mailed are farmed by my Main.

I like playing different class, and at the same time I need alot of mats for upgrading my main, so having more alts means lesser gold spent!

5 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

All out war on Iksanun. Nothing got done. Crimson gone rabid, so all we could do is fight off their Ak Bul, nuke the drills a couple of times, and sneak in the tent and a couple of rounds of mining before it got revenge-nuked. I ended up one Unbound short of credit. The folks did the Blackwyrm though, I've never done it before, so well, new thing. But in terms of earnings, that's zip, zilch and a repair bill.

This is total joke. Some BD without a faction uniform on kept grabbing and resetting terrors.  They should not allow players without faction uniforms to attack mobs there.  No grindtooth again in 3 sessions. People playing a game with the intent of preventing other people from playing the game. I'll stick to leveling soul fighter for now.

2 minutes ago, jones6 said:

This is total joke. Some BD without a faction uniform on kept grabbing and resetting terrors.  They should not allow players without faction uniforms to attack mobs there.  No grindtooth again in 3 sessions. People playing a game with the intent of preventing other people from playing the game. I'll stick to leveling soul fighter for now.

Oh, yeah, we had a famed Crim doing it on us as well in neutral outfit, that's where I lost my last chance to finish the Daily. But omg, the fighting was brutal. The chat was way more mild that what I am used to. Not a single gay male reference. Oh, well, there is always tonight. But I got a comment on my little guild name, heh.

SSP has stabilized somewhat on Iksanun, so I was able to pull through it a couple of times on my Summoner. Once, even was able to play in a group with my favorite Crimson defector :) Was poking jokes at him/her for learning to speak 'blue' as s/he was asking what do we call the tent boss and if we do the North first, etc.

I scraped together the mats to start working on both my WL and my Summoner's accessories. The gold though is still a huge problem (as well as a few of the Warrior tokens, lol). I will have to go slow, making sure I am not over-reaching. It is hard to make the decision to go to the Oathbreaker accessories on my Summoner, because I know that the Challenge was a single reason why I have all those stingers in abundance.

I love and hate this Daily Challenge on steroids. It does suck up a lot of gaming time, but the drops are great, even though I do not have the incredibly lucky drops like 100 stingers or gems.

I think the luckiest thing so far that happened to me in this game was a Merchant of Wonder that sold the Peridot to my Warlock alt. So, now, I will have a decent gem on both alts. I know, it's nothing to write home about, but seeing that I basically pulled out a green triangular ruby to replace with that Peridot....

Overall, I have been reading a lot about the gems on the forums due to the RNG event, and I know how badly set I am in that department. Before I sort of felt it was just a 'nice to have' but I can see how badly I was mistaken. Those things are insane. There is nothing I can do about it though.

This is the last upgrade on my Summoner (I know, I've said It before). I want to play my Warlock far more. I dig the storm of attacks he is unleashing, and I want a character I can dress-up at least a little bit. The HM skills on him will be an uphill battle. PvPing on the Warlock is one of the most idiotic things you can do in this game.

Funny thing is, on the day of challenge I won all three arenas on my Warlock. Against a KFM, Blade dancer and another Warlock all of whom had higher HM levels than I had, but looks like no HM skills or experience. 'Cause I seriously was just PvE'ing them down and was not dying to what they were throwing at me. it was an early morning and I was as slow and sleepy as to actually use keyboard, not mouse to set some abilities off. The WL almost caught up to the Summoner in rating (ah-ha-hah) hitting 1460, and bean wise... well, he is below 6K out of the 27K he needs for Dragoncall. Summoner got obliterated by an HM10 Destroyer, of course.

EDIT: Actually, it just occurred to me that running Daily Challenges on my Summoner after the vent is done will be completely useless, so I should try to do it as often as possible on my Warlock instead to get his Dragoncall that way. After which I can see what's up.

Finally got enough exchange tickets to get the peridot. Extra AP is always welcome and the extra HP recovery is also nice... sorry citrine, but you were too situational. Also, I'm FINALLY done with gear upgrades where MTS is needed, so I mailed spare ones to FM alt, which I should seriously dedicate more time to get past Act 3 before event is over, so that I can maybe spare some time on my Summoner too. Main has 533 AP now and that's a fine enough value to stop at for a good while. Maybe push to True Breeze if money and market allow, but that's about it. Main will basically be strictly money farmer from quests from now on.

This means further upgrades will take even longer than they already did because STS and Moonstones. At least I have all guilds at lvl 4/5, so I can craft them in theory. It's just the mats/prices that will hold me back something fierce. I think any further immediate upgrades to main will be mostly relegated to better gems. Finally getting my stack of Pentagonal gem fragments to full, so I may start getting better ones from transmuting them... or at the very least, sell them.

Also, this weekend, my server was unusually barren... I mean, more so than previous ones. Even cross-server gave me a harder time.

21 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Finally getting my stack of Pentagonal gem fragments to full, so I may start getting better ones from transmuting them... or at the very least, sell them.

How do you transmute fragments? I sort of looked at the interface, and it looks like you need more stuff than fragments? It's all heptagonal and stuff in that interface :(  Do I need to craft a bunch of penta diamonds, or do I need something else?

6 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

How do you transmute fragments? I sort of looked at the interface, and it looks like you need more stuff than fragments? It's all heptagonal and stuff in that interface :(  Do I need to craft a bunch of penta diamonds, or do I need something else?

If you are talking about the transmute menu then the sparkling penta and brilliant hexa gems require soulstones as well as the fragments. The sparkling hexa requires an honorary ornament. It failed quite often for me and I lost about 20 G before giving up on it.  I just craft the diamonds through radiant ring profession with my fragments instead.

I ran brightstone ruins about 20 times with my soul fighter trying to get the purple weapon.  It is funny seeing so many wipes on the second boss and his massive AOE damage.  I should probably just buy a key I can easily afford, but I am just way too stingy with gold.

5 hours ago, jones6 said:

If you are talking about the transmute menu then the sparkling penta and brilliant hexa gems require soulstones as well as the fragments. The sparkling hexa requires an honorary ornament. It failed quite often for me and I lost about 20 G before giving up on it.  I just craft the diamonds through radiant ring profession with my fragments instead.

Okay, I tried the Pentagonal, and after a bunch of tries got my Amethyst (4th box), so I am happy (the box dropped for me on the 4th-5th try). Probably would have been cheaper to pay 20 g for it at 50 silvers a pop + soulstones, but was fun trying. 

Gods, my Summoner is just a weasel of a little creature. I was all set to transfer everything off him to the Warlock, but I ran Cold Storage and we got a MoW with the outfits one of which actually looks decent on him.

Still. In the dumb yeti someone asked me if I knew the mechanics, and I said mostly theoretically thinking it's with respect to not rooting and iframing, but then I got cussed out for not Tab and V so I guess I was expected to cc the boss, not that I've ever seen a boss cc'd by tab and V, it always takes a long and boring sequence of the root, then hit, then cat-sit, and as far as I know the root/cat sit is gods forbid in yeti. Gods, I swear once the Daily Challenge on Steroids is over, I will just play PvP, SSP and simple dungeons. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate all the dungeons with the stupid, idiotic, over-complicated pos mechanics.  

I will still transfer everything to the WL and see how high up the ladder I can take him on my measly 200 g and what mats I had stashed. I have a day off tomorrow, so I can screw around. Hopefully nobody expects anything from a warlock but a soulburn.

Gods, the game is supposed to be fun, not torture.

My alt became my main and she is 556 ap now. I enjoy playing her. My next goal is to save up mats to get to true Scorpio bangle. I would farm ssp for gold because I hate pugging dungeons. Pugging dungeons is AIDs and I dont so it enough to have memorized all the mechanics. So don't depend on this FMs ice when u see me, rip  :p 

But now I'm screwed on ssp with the new server link my gold income will be all messed up, atleast for awhile until the hype dies down.

It took 25 runs for my brightstone weapon and now I get to run Tainted Lab however many times.  I think I will just finish the story-line first.  I will probably just use all my pickaxes since it will be harder to find nodes after the merge, then fit in as much SSP as I can.  I was actually able to complete all the SSP quests yesterday for the first time in a week or so.  Maybe the blue guys thought they would give us a break, since they will pretty much own SSP after the servers are linked.

18 hours ago, jones6 said:

It took 25 runs for my brightstone weapon and now I get to run Tainted Lab however many times.  I think I will just finish the story-line first.  I will probably just use all my pickaxes since it will be harder to find nodes after the merge, then fit in as much SSP as I can.  I was actually able to complete all the SSP quests yesterday for the first time in a week or so.  Maybe the blue guys thought they would give us a break, since they will pretty much own SSP after the servers are linked.

I think they are managing to pull off a couple of SSPs mining on the Cerulean (I've missed both due to the 2x Daily Challenge), so there is no need to continue to harass till Crimson concedes that well, blues may need a channel too.

I have not done SSP, trying to bring up my WL to speed and doing the double Daily Challenge before the RL took over.

I've managed to upgrade his ring, earing (to True Siren) and his bracelet to the Oathbreaker, which brought him up to 460+ AP. I knew I kept those 64 soulstone bracelet for a reason! It was what saved the day with the rate he was using the Jewel powders up for the elements.

The lucky *cricket* got a Warrior tokens chest drop, shaving off the Mushin runs. I basically just need one more if I don't bother with the belt. His weapon though >>>> necklace, and for that I am waiting on the next MTS batch & need SSP to come back to some kind of normality to get at least the soulstones flowing.

Because I was upgrading him so aggressively, I have not been generating the crafting income, so after I break-through his weapon, I am gonna drop from poor to destitute. My ability to stay with this game will depend entirely on how the SSP will be after Poharan merge, because the only way I will be able to build capital would be with the at least partial SSP completions and aggressive crafting.

And, yes, the Warlock is able to do Cold Storage at this AP, and yup, it will be faster than the arenas to get his Dragoncall with CS, but will still take between 1 and 2 months even with parties that do not wipe.

Overall, sitting tight, waiting to see how Friday SSP will be.

EDIT: Also, since my hopes to do Daggerbeak got crashed, I am thinking about trying out the Playpan and that Scorpion by the Yehara Mirage to see if I can get a couple of the outfits to try on my Warlock. With all the alts at least the inventory has become somewhat less of a problem.

Well, the Warlock is 503 AP, after the last-minute stay-up-till 4 am grind session for Breeze weapon, and I am broke. I am saving what gold I have left for the upcoming ( I think) Treasure Trove. 270 stingers (groan) and Yeti are needed for his next weapon and the necklace is still very meh for 30 gold. 

I need a new game plan, and I am afraid it will include countless torterous runs of Yeti along with the COld Storage as well as dungeons, dungeons and more stupid dungeons on him. Unless SSP is okay. 

Please, tell me the SSP is going be okay.... 

Archived