Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to get to level 46, and can do the Mistywoods now. I am really having a hard time finding time to play & gear both characters in concert. I think I won't be leveling any other character, it's too much efforts (besides being extraordinary lucky with the Warlock's drops). Which means I will have to nix one of my alt's gathering skills and replace it with the treeloggers, since the amount of time it takes to produce sap is silly, and I need both the silverfrost axes and the refiners to keep the crafting running fast enough to provide me with income. Certainly, my feelings on the alts change a lot as I play. I am also very worried about soulshields for my alt.

I am wondering if it's worth my while to re-level the faction on my main if it can be done instead of grinding the gear on the alt to be able to do the SSP more easily. My faction is very nice, but it takes trying to organize an SSP run, while the Crimson has mining going round the clock.

Too bad, I already had cerulean uniform farmed and a good rank.

SUM - 50 HM8

SIN - 50 HM6

FM - 50 HM5

BM - 47 HM2

WL - 47 HM1

KFM - 47

BD - 31

DES - 29

It's worth making alts if you have the gold/resources. I've gotten everything from just farming and grinding. SUM is sitting at 551AP, SIN at 499AP, and FM at 481AP. Depending on how much gold I gain over the next 2-3 weeks, SIN and FM will be over 510AP and my lv47s will probably have enough AP for lv50 heroic dungeons. Time consuming when trying to do dailies but worth it when you use them to upgrade your main.

Just now, DrowningEarth said:

Two characters in True Pirate, about to go True Breeze on one. I only do some SSP quests, two misty quests, and Cold Storage on each. Daily Challenge on one.

Basically, that's what I wanted to do. But I need to bring the alt to the point it can do the SSP, and I struggle to find time to do that while still maintaining SSP runs on the main. I am not sure I want to either. And the new story is coming, and I still only got to Zaiwei on my alt. So, I don't even know what to do for the next few days.

Main: Blade Dancer 50 HM8 (Awakened Scorpio stage 5)

Alts: Summoner 50 HM3 (Awakened Siren stage 10) and 23

Force Master 49 (Oathbreaker stage 10)

Warlock 49 and 25

Kung Fu Master 41

Destroyer 35

Assassin 17

Blade Master 17

I never trade gold to alts so all the upgrades done on them are made with the gold I get on my alts. Exception is of course Darkglimpse's Corrupted weapons. Also I have never spent NCoins on buying gold. It is not childishly easy to upgrade but it definitely is not impossible or too hard in my opinion. If you hate certain type of leveling or doing quests all over again multiple times then yes leveling an alt is really harsh.

It will be a while before I get back to my alts for real... athough I am thankful for the Vipercap event, as it let them gain a couple extra lvls by doing them almost every day. With upcoming update bringing the end of Act 4 at last, it will be a while longer without me running my alts unless an events makes me. Main is able to consistently gain about 20g or so a day and she just got to Awakened Pirate Stage 10. Now I need to catch up with accessories for better stats and hopefully reach the 500 AP mark. That's too tempting for me to bother focus back on alts for a good while. Besides, alts will have to go towards new weapon path, so I will need to spare them that much gold at some point.

I ahve one alt cause it was too annoying to buy MTS, so i figured why not make them myself... didnt work as well as I thought so now stuck at 49 and profane. It will be ready to see what this new path does for it cause I avoided going Siren with it.

IF soul fighter comes out I will probably use it for another crafting guild cause the market is FUBAR so I will be my own 1-man industry.

15 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Now I need to catch up with accessories for better stats and hopefully reach the 500 AP mark. That's too tempting for me to bother focus back on alts for a good while. Besides, alts will have to go towards new weapon path, so I will need to spare them that much gold at some point.

I feel somewhat similar. I am pretty sure if I focus on my main, I will be able to do Awakened Breeze on the weapon/Awakened OB on the accessories fairly easily. But that's only if I can run SSP daily.

I am almost tempted to leave my alt alone till this happen.

But I also have enough mushrooms to buy another Nebula on the alt to do one of the Awakened Oathbreaker step, so I am not sure if I should do that, or spend mushrooms on all the useful goodies instead and develop him later.

BM - 50HM7 (main)
Warlock - 49
Force master - below 10

I only play on warlock when i want to relax or i want to level him a bit. I don't know how many days/week, but for me warlock is much easier than blademaster.
In pvp, my warlock is already in gold (around 30-40 matches) and with my bm i struggled a lot to get in gold (300+matches).
As pve, the idea is similar here, warlock is an easy class, even easier in pve than bm cause you don't really need to know to much about opponent. Also as bm you need to struggle to keep that agroo, as wl you need to be aware to not get agroo :)
The only downside i feel with my wl are other ppl which don't want to help or don't know how to play.

I'll be glad to see more items tradeable, ofc, those which are not end-game: i would like to give all my silverfrost valor stone to my alt or some dragon(idk the name, items which are require to get 30soulstones), even low level epic items.

Currently no.

Im already got my hands full learning my own class and learn how to fight with lag ;w;  I can't imagine additional seizure i would experience if i make an alt.

Anyway as soon as Soul fighter out.. I'll give her a try.  and as usual.. She would be Gon.. tall and having very nice breasts >:3 I even already prepared name for her >:3

I've got my Summoner to 48, past the Eight Master part in Zawei. I'll push her to 50 eventually, so that I have at least one character to conclude Jinsoyun's story arc. She's still in Infernal equipment until I have enough gold for the Moonwater Transformation Stones for True Infernal and ultimately Profane weapon. Don't intend to go higher as I won't do endgame dungeons.

In the meantime I'm playing a fresh lowlevel Destroyer because I want to see if there's any melee class I'm not terribly bad with ;-).

7 hours ago, Scorpyix said:

I'll be glad to see more items tradeable, ofc, those which are not end-game: i would like to give all my silverfrost valor stone to my alt or some dragon(idk the name, items which are require to get 30soulstones), even low level epic items.

You can send the valor stones between the alts. Not sure what's that other item, I have never heard about a 30 ss grant :)

I have a day off on Thursday, and as much as I am tempted to play the new story arc, I think I will be taking my alt through the Silverfrost chapter. I have a mind to open the secondary hammer production line from his Mistywoods dailies and tree sap (on my secondary Merry potter alt), so I need to keep reloading his newly acquired Tree logging.

Plus, I want those Oathbreaker drops for the accessories, as I am not interested in purchasing the evolvable ones until I am ready to actually evolve to the Awakened Siren. It's not so much the question of farming the emblems, it's the space to keep all the junk :) With all that extra gear and levels, could be I can do the full Mistywoods daily, with the camp sack & even a bit of SSP (mostly killing the first guy for the keys). In view of the SSP aspirations, I guess, gotta get the nebula stone, I suppose.

I couldn't put myself into farming soulstones (just the faction dailies, not even talking about SSP yet), so I've been playing my summoner alt recently. It is amazing how much easier to kill stuff and not take damage on the summoner than my blade dancer. However, I had to farm some of the blue breakthrough items using my level 50 blade dancer for her, because there are not that many low level players doing those dungeons and the market price could be pretty high to buy them.  

My summoner also has better progression on her weapon than my blade dancer at the same level. I only did the main story line quests to level her, and focused on gear upgrades, as opposed to doing all quests while leveling my blade dancer. My summoner was doing E Fleet dailies for gold and soul shields when she was level 43, granted that her weapon was already True Inferno stage 10, which my blade dancer didn't get until level 46. It felt pretty good killing mobs 2 levels above you.

I'm probably going to hit the wall of soulstones again on the summoner when she's level 50. I really don't like farm soulstones.

My main is a BM lv50 HM5. I got 3 alts lvl16..18 which I use for crafting. BnS is so repetitive, I can't stand doing dailies more than once a day. Me and grind/farm is like cat and dog ;)

The crafting is ok because of the gathering/crafting guild mechanic and needs only a few minutes attention.

36 minutes ago, thkn777 said:

The crafting is ok because of the gathering/crafting guild mechanic and needs only a few minutes attention.

reclogging and sending the mats around drives me bonkers though. I have a level 16 that spams the Earthseers right now, and reclogging him is always such a pain by some reason.

My most important crafter is my level 19 sitting in Jadestone and crafting the Transformation stones (and I am hopping to open the secondary hammer line on his Merry potter, while my main handles the premium Merry potter stuff). My life would have been so much easier if I had a shared Storage Tab and could dump all the mats there. (dreamy sigh)

My crafting alts are like unrealized dreams of playing a class. :) I really wish it was easier. I am still curious of what they might have become.

well... I managed to find gathering/crafting combinations, where I don't have to send too much stuff around. Example: if I need quartz to craft, I let my crafter gather it. If a crafter needs granite... he's in the gemcutters guild and orders it. Every now and then I buy missing stuff on my main and send to my crafters.

So after a while it gets less hectic. Trust me.

And an account vault would be really(!) great. Seriously. Also some stuff should be account bound rather than character bound.

I have started with a correct combination of Merry Potter/Shield Warden/Green Thumbs/Tree loggers, but I had to park that toon because the leveling event was for under level 10, and he was omg, 18 at the time. So, my second alt (now level 50/HM6) had to take tree-loggers and merry potters to supply him, and then I threw the Gem rings on him and food stuffs as his second gathering (because I wanted a complete set of support materials for the Guy #3 (now level 46) with Acquired taste/Silver Cauldron who had stone/herbside. Except herbside is cheaper than cheap, and I always run out of wood, so I just nixed his Herbalism level 3, and started over with the treelogger and collected the samples.

My 4th alt is sitting on the remaining two professions (forger and earthseer and supply lines for them with fish and ores).

The problem with my #1 and #4 being level 19 and 16, is that they do not have samples, so they can only get level 1 mats, so I have to ship the mats to them. hence, lots of mails!

If I can buy certain goods from market cheap, I dump that crafting profession and do something else, which generates money.

I never needed aquired taste or silver cauldron so far - always had dumplings and heal potions. The only exception is the special meal aquired taste can cook, but after doing the math I just bought the bell (or was it a jar) to finish the quest with Old Man Cho rather than crafting it on my own.

My lvl16-19 crafters are in the Cinderlands btw.

My Warlock was taking a lot of damage on low levels, so having the cheap dumplings and potions was nice. Not that it would have saved the day, but I don't mind having all the crafts. I like being able to make everything myself, so yes, I can make a ceremonial meal and working my way towards the banishing charm & eventually would put together the Purification Jar.  :) The money-making is in the Transformation Stones, everything else is just for my own use.

Part of me grows enthusiastic about playing these chars every time I see them on loading, but then I think about losing a momentum on the main, and get worried I will not be able to play them well and I lose interest.

This morning though I feel like I really want to play a character that gives me gamegasms. I want to love both the looks and the playstyle! So, I think I will level up my lowbie toons after all to see how they pan out. Will still try to keep my Summoner at the nominal grind to keep the income up and get to that 500 AP trash tier, but will keep WL on hold as soon as he hits level 50 and gets him a kit that makes a daily run through the Mistywoods painless. I don't know what it is about my Warlock but I am not in love with the character. He is handsome enough, and playstyle is fine, but it is not exceedingly awesome, and I want to feel like spouting superlatives when I talk about it.

The big question is: Destroyer for something completely unlike Summoner and WL or Assassin, because they are the coolest class ever?

29 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

The big question is: Destroyer for something completely unlike Summoner and WL or Assassin, because they are the coolest class ever?

If you want a melee class with a great selection of CC skills from the start, party support via grab and rescuing near dead and chi regenerating party members (Iron Fortress RMB on them) and overall decent survivability with skills that let you restore HP (Stone Shield, Smash, Wedge), give iframes (Searing Strike, Fury, Ram), reduce damage taken and lets you resist CC (Hurricane AKA 'spin 2 win' and HM Emberstomp), by all means.

Destroyer has been my main for good reasons. Still viable for both solo and party play. Really, it's no wonder it's been the first bot-friendly class in the game. Closest equivalent to this class is Bladedancer, at least when it comes to party support viability of grabs.

Unless you really prefer ranged, that is. In which case, I do find FM a bit more fun to play than Summoner, so that's the one I'd recommend.

In PVE I was keeping up on my ranged alt in terms of gear. However I decided to stop upgrading  because of ridiculous amount of grind, which u have to repeat on your alt. There is also lack of account bound items, which could mitigate repetitiveness.

While before silverfrost my alt felt like it is able to earn gold for itself and even help my main. With materials required for further upgrades I feel it is more leech than support. So I ll sit on True pirate, which will eventually make my alt unable to do latest content.

In PvP in early HM levels, I felt like I am able to earn them just by PvPing + some dailies occasionally. In Silverfrost I do not feel I can ever catch up without PvE dailies grind. HM skills for alt ... no comment.

Most unfriendly design for alts I have to say. Why? is beyond my understanding, because system doesn't even work for people who would like to spend some rl money.

Archived