Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started my FM alt two days ago .got it to 45 so easy that i think the class is pure breeze comparing to other classes.Once i reached Fishing Lodge zone the lag striked hard ,untill that map i played without any problem.Nice ,seems we got XP bonus ,yet i can't see any ,i get same XP from combat /quests as before .

13 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I've just loged in, and saw there is an XP bonus going on. An extra incentive to run an alt up :)

Not to mention mail is fixed.

The one big thing that stopped me leveling an alt at the beginning.

Going to start invest little time into slowly leveling an alt. His purpose will be the other craft professions and most importantly pvp arena and mostly for fun.

Not sure if training certificates are trade able by mail however XD har har.

I simply love lvling up an alt but there is a condition. They have to look good in terms of outfit! Sadly the outfit I would love to use on my assassin is from Mushin Tower so I cannot mail it from my main. Due to this it makes that character a bit less appealing even though her face is gorgeous.

But yes I have many alts by now and 3 of them are 40-49. Others are around 5-36.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after some more struggles, and running around in small circles on my main, I finally gave up and bought the Merry Potter Recipe.

Now, I set aside the main save for the daily pittance of soulstones, and will try to get my Warlock to level 45 before the XP boost runs out, to see if I can get those extra 13 more ss per day and craft a batch of MTS every week from that. The trouble is, I hit level 33 with my Warlock, and suddenly in Spirestone Ravine, the mobs are too tough without the Thrall leading the way, so it is a slow going. Hopefully, once I get the new SS it will be a bit better.

Also leveled my Assassin to the Jadestone Village to have him on the stand-by to craft unsealing charms/repair tools should the need arise. I know, it's peanuts, but I am like that O'Henry old short story. If you think 4$ a week is too small of a sum to talk about, let's talk about something larger! 4$20 cents a week is a larger sum...  Had one hell of a time trying to figure out what Hajoon wanted with the Z-1-Z-F-RMB combo. I did not realize that with all that dashing the Sin does, the target somehow ends up in the bomb area and was trying to set it on the target, run back... Sin also is way faster than either Summoner or Warlock, and it gets me turned around all the time, with the whole jumping behind people's backs. Oi!

But yeah, my sub is done on May 17th, and I will likely just go back to figuring out how to drive Mako in Mass Effect. I can maybe manage three more upgrades (1 weapon, Belt and Necklace), and then the rest requires efforts beyond reasonable expectations.

This game does everything possible to prevent you from leveling alts.

- 90% of the needed items for progression are untradable. Going through all the RNG on those lockboxes AGAIN and most of them you have to farm entire instances for the box? Grinding faction quests AGAIN? No thanks

- No mail system to transfer stuff to alt unless you buy cash shop, and NO SHARED STASH, seriously wtf were they thinking? This has to be the most retarded thing in this game

- Ridiculously long and repetitive quests to level to 50. I think the questline is like twice as long as Tera's and that was already barely tolerable. The only interesting thing about quests was the cutscenes, but watching them once is enough. Everything else is just "kill X of Y" or run around like a stupid errand boy

I think they fixed the mail to an alt, in any case, I got a few NC coins in the very beginning for regional keys, so it is perma-unlocked for me.

I actually quite enjoy running the quests. In the first game I played it took me 6 month to get to cap, and the story was super-cool. BnS is dull, but the fun of trying the skills and getting used to the class + environments compensates for the story.

And the end game is all about doing the same content that is too hard for me numerous times, so I do not like it. I like easier stuff, and it is impossible to get anywhere on the easier stuff in BnS. Not even with alts, unfortunately. It's basically an unwinnable game unless you are a good gamer.

I have characters across three accounts as I don't plan to play actively enough to throw money at NCSoft for more slots.

Anyway, my main trio of characters are my Assassin (31) trying to get that stupid Blight weapon on account 1 and my Summoner (39) and a 20+ Blade Master on account 2. The Assassin with perma-stealth is quite cool but I can only stomache to run Narrows around three or so times a day before feeling annoyed. So yeah, I won't find much enjoyment in Endgame with that attitude *Lol*.

31 minutes ago, Melodia said:

This game does everything possible to prevent you from leveling alts.

- 90% of the needed items for progression are untradable. Going through all the RNG on those lockboxes AGAIN and most of them you have to farm entire instances for the box? Grinding faction quests AGAIN? No thanks

- No mail system to transfer stuff to alt unless you buy cash shop, and NO SHARED STASH, seriously wtf were they thinking? This has to be the most retarded thing in this game

- Ridiculously long and repetitive quests to level to 50. I think the questline is like twice as long as Tera's and that was already barely tolerable. The only interesting thing about quests was the cutscenes, but watching them once is enough. Everything else is just "kill X of Y" or run around like a stupid errand boy

Not to mention the stupid 7 day wait to delete a character that is Lv15+, so hope you like that character or that it doesn't become inadequate later on, or you're stuck for a week to redo.

3 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

Not to mention the stupid 7 day wait to delete a character that is Lv15+, so hope you like that character or that it doesn't become inadequate later on, or you're stuck for a week to redo.

Someone hasn't been keeping up with updates.

That 7 day deletion wait was used to 12 hours.

Source:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/shattered-empire-overview-patch-notes/

In the System section.

I decided to go back to my BM after I hit Lv50 on my Sin...Holy shit it's terrible. I literally couldn't do anything I forgot every combo and skills now I'm slowly remembering everything all over again but it's difficult to level up alts since dungeons are empty and can't get any decent SS or mats for upgrading.

Ah, the mushrooming event inspired me to push to level 38. I do regret now picking WL over the FM because of the racial restrictions on the FM. Summoner's pet >>> Thrall, and way harder to move around, and I can see that FMs are more mobile.

Well, I will get the story done on the WL, and park him for secondary grind/crafting. By then we might get a free slot soonish with the Chi Master, so I can try an FM and see if that's gonna be better.

The biggest problem right now are world bosses, literally have not seen anything engaged past Golden Deva. A bit worried about Lycan, because I need a weapon from her.

I have a Blade Master at level 50 HM Lv 1 and to be honest, I am bored of it. Went to make a Kung-Fu Master and am having more fun with it than the Blade Master. If anything, I'll probably end up switching mains from the Blade Master to the Kung-Fu Master. As for running the same dungeons again to get needed weapons for upgrading, I don't mind. It's all fun to me. Plus if I get extras of the same weapon, sometimes I use those from weapon glamor. 

If and when Soul Fighter/Chi Master comes out, I'll make one of those and starting going.

Actually managed to kill Lycan a few times, with one determined bot and an occasional passer-by. The hilarious thing was, I got hujikar's chest from a quest-giver, used the moonwater key (because I don't want to farm that boss ever again!) and got to evolving my weapon... 2g 50 s.... And that's what my alt had! 

Had ad to wire 10 golds to the poor sucker with useless crafting/gathering.... The day your main with 130 gold feels like a rich guy....

i also got a nebula stone drop on him, so he is pretty much done with his weapon - I am only going as far as Level 45 and true profane. The class did not grow on me.

i still want to play Force Master, but I already have a baby assassin at level 17, and the chi master's free char slot is still not here, so I will level the sin to see how it plays for a while, but mostly keep on summoning.

Oh, maybe I should get to the end of his story-line and elvel 50 with all the gold to furnish him up with a semblance of gear... I am pretty sure I have no interest in doing anything on him save for blue level 45 dungeons/Mistywoods when I feel like it. Dunno. BnSisHard

When lvling, I believe the only real struggle now will be getting to True Profane and the Purification Jar for Windwalk stage/lvl 3. Once that's done, though, you're pretty much set. Lacking bracelets/belts? Oathbreaker ones you get during Act 4 will hold you up OK until you get better ones. Soul shields? Back then, I farmed blue Bloodshade ones in 24-man, but I think Silverfrost Valor ones should be about as good. Same to the blue ones you get in Frostscale Basin 24-man. At least until you get the better Heroic ones in many other dungeons.

I made a force master (lvl 38 now) and a warlock lvl 20. I will level them further as I'm content about my current gear on my main, I don't think I will grind for it, just casual play now :)

23 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

When lvling, I believe the only real struggle now will be getting to True Profane and the Purification Jar for Windwalk stage/lvl 3. Once that's done, though, you're pretty much set. Lacking bracelets/belts? Oathbreaker ones you get during Act 4 will hold you up OK until you get better ones. Soul shields? Back then, I farmed blue Bloodshade ones in 24-man, but I think Silverfrost Valor ones should be about as good. Same to the blue ones you get in Frostscale Basin 24-man. At least until you get the better Heroic ones in many other dungeons.

True enough, I think slapping all Oathbreaker accessories, being level 50 and having True Profane should be good enough for a little bit, until I catch up my main's accessories.

I think I will then take a break from new alts and just gear those two to run SSP & try to make it my source of income.

if there wont be the option to share accessories within account, then i wont start an alt. What is the purpose of 7char slots at one account when it gives literally zero advantages? Not even mafakin costumes... Rly, this game is -1 on the scale 1-10 'alt char friendly'

No arguing against this game is less alt-friendly than most. No account-shared vault leaves you only with the options of transferring items/money via either mail (if alts are in the same server... and you need to charge Ncoins to unlock this one) or Marketplace (if different servers).

Archived