Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

FM at HM3, so now I have enough SP to work with main skills. Any extra will likely go to Phantom Grip/Shadow Grasp, then maybe Windstorm and/or some Ice skill. At any rate, I have all the tools I need to do a burn build reliably now on top of the CC and party support tools, so everything else after this will be bonuses or go for the eventual HM skills I unlock. However... I may sorta put her in the backburner yet again, at least for things other than Moonwater Seed farming, plus Labyrinth/Necro/Yeti runs, mostly for soul shields... only 2 Yeti ones away from full set, then I need to upgrade gears. Probably starting with weapon, then bracelet if I get STS...

And that's another reason for the backburner thing: looks like I really, REALLY should be focusing more on farming Silverfrost Seeds with my main. First and only Silverfrost Life Chest I got to date gave me a 100 Stinger bundle, among other nice stuff. I really should keep on doing Masts and Incursion past their respective dailies. Who knows... I may get lucky and get more STS or something. At any rate, I have more than enough Heavenly Energies I wasn't using before seed event anyway, plus I can always get more for daily challenge.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jones6 said:

Yeah, I disabled virus/firewall then tried again and had the same issue.  I tried uninstalling, running a registry cleaner, editing the hosts file, flushing dns, changing the routing dns to google.  Basically everything people said had worked for them, but nothing.  I appreciate the suggestion though.  Thank you.

Damn, sorry about it.

3 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

And  that's another reason for the backburner thing: looks like I really, REALLY should be focusing more on farming Silverfrost Seeds with my main. First and only Silverfrost Life Chest I got to date gave me a 100 Stinger bundle, among other nice stuff. I really should keep on doing Masts and Incursion past their respective dailies. Who knows... I may get lucky and get more STS or something. At any rate, I have more than enough Heavenly Energies I wasn't using before seed event anyway, plus I can always get more for daily challenge.

grays on fm growing up!

Yeah , i really want do get at least one chest as well, but the way today went did not quite go according to plan.

first, I made a bad judgment call and upgraded the earring on my summoner. It took 14 moonstones, along with a bunch of other mats, and gave him a wooping 3 points of AP. Thus my dream of getting a character that qualifies for 550 AP groups remained unrealized. And now I cannot do my lock. 

Mushin's tower did not go anywhere.

Then my my guild lead logged in, and he was dead-set on 4M Gloomdross. Took some trying but we pugged a couple of 550's that did not quit in a huff, and then did it, barely patching the first core with a few wipes, no problem on the second, then 2 tries on the final boss. One of the guys wanted to stay, but got called to do SSP, so we got one of our guys basically with the same AP as I am, and went through an unpleasant process of people dropping in, insulting us and leaving. One stayed but was not very nice, but well, we finished it with 3 wipes on the last boss. 

Both runs droped 6 seed packs, but I am never comfortable with bidding against friends, so I got a touch of gold, and two growth seeds for my troubles.

by the chat, red were griefing in SSP, so I did not bother.... 

I guess, if people were nicer, like in the first run, I'd feel better about basically my first 4M. 

I am am also not optimistic about finding 6m Gloomdross to complete even one chest. And I don't get daily for it on my summoner, because I didn't do the story....

anyway, there are days I feel like quitting and it was one of them

I've finished the story-line on my Warlock over the weekend. Well, that's 2 kids down, 3 to go. When Jinsoyoun started to get sick, I felt like: just don't let her start throwing up, please. Luckily, they did not get down to this kind of realism. Overall though, I prefer the games that simulate romances and flirting, than BnS making my Lock a father of five without the fun parts. Compare to the joys of fatherhood, or masterhood or whatever, Poharan's story-line as improbable and idiotic as it was in its own right, was a relief.

If I had to pick what I've liked for Acts V and VI it would be the husks for both Yura and Hae Mujin, and the short segment on the farm.

Other than that, I think I am up to 90 Frozen Orbs, so only have a week of the Cold Storage left, and I am starting to think that my Summoner is my SSP main because of how much easier is to do the side-quests there on him, collecting the bodies or doing the intel quest, etc.

I've also went and spent some time helping a Blade Dancer to get his Golden Deva weapon, giving him 3/4 orbs I got from every drop. If that won't give me a good karma in PvP I don't know what will!

I am actually going to have the time to play the Destroyer and start PvP'ing, since the story is all done, and I've lost all interest in attempting the Daily Challenges with the new DC line-ups. Fingers crossed I am dungeon-free!

Everything just started working again.  Magic I guess.  No luck running BSH for my pirate bracelet, but I had enough tokens to get it from the exchange merchant.  I seen I needed a siren bracelet after and looked it up on the market, 10 G.  Good Lord that is a lot of money.  I got my main and went to go solo blackram supply chain. Surprisingly there were a few people there.  I still ended up soloing most bosses until poh where there were 5 people.  No siren bracelet from the run, but I got a sealed Naryu Silver.  When I went to sell it the list price was around 18 G.  It sold pretty fast too and I just bought the siren bracelet.  I am not sure who would pay that much for a Naryu Silver, but if I could seal the ones in my bank, I would have over 9,000 G.

After having his way with me so many times, Naksun felt bad for me and left his clothes and a 10 moonstone bundle this weekend.  Junghado decided he would do the same with his clothes and an ornament.  A good weekend for drops for me I guess.

21 minutes ago, jones6 said:

Everything just started working again.  Magic I guess.  No luck running BSH for my pirate bracelet, but I had enough tokens to get it from the exchange merchant.  I seen I needed a siren bracelet after and looked it up on the market, 10 G.  Good Lord that is a lot of money.  I got my main and went to go solo blackram supply chain. Surprisingly there were a few people there.  I still ended up soloing most bosses until poh where there were 5 people.  No siren bracelet from the run, but I got a sealed Naryu Silver.  When I went to sell it the list price was around 18 G.  It sold pretty fast too and I just bought the siren bracelet.  I am not sure who would pay that much for a Naryu Silver, but if I could seal the ones in my bank, I would have over 9,000 G.

After having his way with me so many times, Naksun felt bad for me and left his clothes and a 10 moonstone bundle this weekend.  Junghado decided he would do the same with his clothes and an ornament.  A good weekend for drops for me I guess.

Go you! I am glad that the gremlins let your game out of thrall. I am glad someone bought your block of silver. People never even bid for silver in the Cold Storage. ??? OMG, you got Junghado out of his clothes... spill. (giggle)

All right! I am one orb away from my Dragoncall Vol 2, so I will be getting at least the orb tonight. Iirc it came with a bunch of chores you also need to do to unlock it, so that I will hopefully have time to finish on Thursday.

Too tired yesterday to start Arenas, so I just ran my destroyer. Had to stop a few times to remember the binds and re-key bind, but got to level 21. Overall, the Destroyer really reminds me my Guardian before he got the second leap in SWTOR. He's like that chocolate frog in Harry Potter - got one good leap in him. And looks just as dashing. But then getting to the targets is a pain. I am trying to get used to using the blue Tab as a gap closer, but 2 hrs are not enough to get it down.

Ran Blackram Narrows a couple of times, but so far no axe. Groups were all appropriate level, save for a lvl 30 warlock, and overall it was okay.

I've basically made up my mind to try Revelation when it comes out, so even more eager to just play my alts and arenas in BnS till then. I am also perfectly happy with my Warlock being my story main and the only character that will play the Acts V-VII.

Tent boss on my alt is my main source of income now.  I suck.  I tried to get the twisted soul shield pieces from the 2 24 man's on my alt, but nobody showed up to either of them.  I guess I will have to wait for the daily challenge days to go there.  I am happy for the announced reduced costs and making the emblems transferable.  Running BSH everyday for the token was not very fun. Hopefully the new weapon to reduce costs even further is not too much of a hassle to get, but that seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, jones6 said:

Tent boss on my alt is my main source of income now.  I suck.  I tried to get the twisted soul shield pieces from the 2 24 man's on my alt, but nobody showed up to either of them.  I guess I will have to wait for the daily challenge days to go there.  I am happy for the announced reduced costs and making the emblems transferable.  Running BSH everyday for the token was not very fun. Hopefully the new weapon to reduce costs even further is not too much of a hassle to get, but that seems unlikely.

If the table is correct, the new weapons drop from the easier dungeons rather than from the harder dungeons. That's what I gather. I.e. running Necropolis instead of Sogun. So, yay, yay, hurrah for NC Soft!

I am SOOO glad I did not evolve with the Yeti Weapon to True breeze!

I've had two days of complete disbelief in this game. It's like someone replaced BnS with a gentler, nicer version. 

I am fighting a bout of a summer cold, so I spent a few hours running blackram yesterday on my Destoyer as I was good for literally nothing else. All groups were level 20's, and everything was going smooth. We even did one run with 4M where the last man standing, a 23rd level FM finished the Devour-er for us. Loot sharing, nice words, all sorts of happy cooperation. And, yep, I got my Blight Ax as well. 

And today, while waiting to find a CS party, I saw a message for a 500 room for a learning run of Nexus. We've wiped on each boss a couple of times, but there was a lot of talking and roles re-distributing/task designation, and yeah, got it done. Got the 10 hits cheevo as well for Dragon call. (got my dragon call finally too)

Damn, how weird is that? I mean, who are all these people who talk and are happy playing?

Then, of course, the game DC'd me on the 3rd both of Poha run, so I said screw it and did not finish the daily challenge, cause I am too lazy to re-run Poha.

13 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

If the table is correct, the new weapons drop from the easier dungeons rather than from the harder dungeons. That's what I gather. I.e. running Necropolis instead of Sogun. So, yay, yay, hurrah for NC Soft!

I've had two days of complete disbelief in a game. It's like someone replaced BnS with a gentler, nicer version. 

I am fighting a bout of a summer cold, so I spent a few hours running blackram yesterday was I am good for literally nothing else. All groups were level 20's, and everything was going smooth. We even did one run with 4M where the last man standing, a 23rd level FM finished the Devour-er for us. Loot sharing, nice words, all sorts of happy cooperation. 

And today, while waiting to find a CS party, I saw a message for a 500 room for a learning run of Nexus. We've wiped on each boss a couple of times, but there was a lot of talking and roles re-distributing/task designation, and yeah, got it done. Got the 10 hits cheevo as well for Dragon call. (got my dragon call finally too)

Damn, how weird is that?

Sorry to hear about the cold, but I guess it is good you were able to complete the skill achievement and blackram.  A weapon from Sogun is still required for the final evolution to True Scopio, so I can't get all the way there with out it. Awakened should still be good though. If the silverfrost refining stones are a pain to get I may just use them on my alt since they need far fewer of them and they are account bound which is really good.

2 hours ago, hwalien said:

my alt got kick out of 6 man Poharan group today because she didn't had 400 AP.

All my alts combined I have over 3000 AP so F U!!! who ever that kick me out...

I wouldn't have kicked you out if you brought one with what I asked for.  o.O  

*Joke.  It wasn't me. :p

14 hours ago, hwalien said:

Well, I guess BnS is BnS after all. 

I also have a feeling that I need to grind right now rather than play a lowbie to prepare mats and gold for my warlock's gear when the next patch hits. Because, chances are, 625 or whatever is going to be the new 550 as soon as the prices will go down to get into the rooms.

i dunno, I really do not want to do the dungeons and spend more time for gear, but yeah... Tough.

14 hours ago, hwalien said:

If it was LFP group then that is super odd. Did you happen to join a party that was asking certain ap?

Before going to bed, I tried Tower F9-15 on main, not long after taking a couple of days to get my weapon to True Breeze, which got me to 565 AP, effectively joining the 550+ club in cross-server... at the expense of over 150 gold. But anyway, floors 9 to 13 I did in the first try after reading a quick guide. F14... gave me a great deal more trouble because I didn't bother watching videos of it... which was for the best, since I did eventually beat Ironheart in my 4th try after figuring out a sufficiently efficient skill rotation on my own... but barely. My stats were just enough to get it done. Had a bit less than 30 seconds to spare, which means there's next to no room for error against it.

F15... I'll actually need videos for. As far as I can tell, as a Destroyer, strategy against Naksun seems about the same as Junghado. Even if I don't beat him, though, one Moonstone from F14 makes running these sets of floors so worth it, so I should incorporate it more in my dungeon rotation besides Silverfrost ones. But yeah... a bit over 550 AP is JUST enough for these floors, namely 14.

FM will be left alone at 432 AP with Oathbreaker... need to get HM Energy for her, but those fragments are so much more expensive now... I miss the days they'd cost less than 100 gold total and my main is poor from True Breeze alone. Gonna take me some time to regain that gold all over again, so that will be my main priority. Nothing new there alongside the daily challenge runs on main, only new thing is the later Tower floors.

grats, tsuchiryu for making it to 550! 

I've just could not put down mass effect, wow, what a great game. I've finished it, and I've savoured that half-forgotten feeling of seeing the end credits, and nobody watching over your shoulder to tell you how you don't know your class. Mass effect is like the exact opposite of BnS - crap art and combat, but absolutely top-notch story and character development. I dunno if I am gonna jump into the second one or go back to BnS for a bit.

i keep reading up/watching clips on revelation, but even if I will get it, I have a feeling I will drop out rather soon, because I will be left in the dust by the player base I can see it attracting. It's like all those people that played every MMO out there and cannot wait to put in 8 hrs a day, etc.

honestly, maybe for the best to stick to sp titles. I am starting to be spooked by the folks in the MMOs.swtor was so very different.

I've picked my destroyer again, and I can't help it. I am in love. This portion of the game goes so wonderfully fast now, with so much happening all the time. New skills, the levels, zero hardship at all. Just loving it. 

I think I will keep playing him, and who knows, maybe will dabble in arenas after all. 

one thing I am sure about is that I am not interested in playing the end-game for a while. I am thinking of saving what little grinding and social graces I have for an attempt to integrate into Revelation.

Still doing great! Main is Summie. 1st alt is FM. Got her to HM8 with 546AP. Working on WL who is lv47 with 416AP at the moment.

Ofc I am using Summie to grind for golds and mats. FM is 2nd coin collector due to daily challenges. haha

I probably get lucky in pug LFP? I haven't get kicked from pt yet (even when she has 390 going BSC)

After hearing the horror stories, I put off the misty woods necklace upgrade until last.  SF has pretty good AOE to take out the adds, so farming wasn't bad.  I was only ganked a couple times, but I switched channels and it was pretty painless after that.  The upgrades brought me to 450 AP and I queued for Awakened Necropolis to get a better soulshield. 6 people above 500 AP left the party after seeing everyone else at 400-500 AP.  I have never done that on my main and it is sad they don't help people.  I guess they want super easy runs or something.

I was going to get my tent boss soul stones and the reds came and wiped everyone. I guess they were going to attempt mining.  I switched characters and joined the channel.  We captured and started the first mining I have seen since the merge.  Blues wiped the first drill area pretty easily and we were able to defend the second area for a while but they wiped that too.  Blue players are able to mine whenever they really want to when I play, and it seems rather easy for them to me.  A couple geared players stop the channel hopping griefers easily from what I have seen.  I guess they can't even let red players have one mining session across 4 channels for 30 minutes of the day.  That is like having an orchard full of fruit and the homeless starving man takes a piece so you have to go take it back and throw it in the garbage so nobody gets anything.  I did a couple arenas after and by the time I finished blue was mining, but a group was sitting in the crimson base killing the bosses.  I guess they need to go cut down all their neighbors trees as well to make sure they don't get any fruit either.  The amount of greed witnessed in this game is astounding.

18 hours ago, jones6 said:

After hearing the horror stories, I put off the misty woods necklace upgrade until last.  SF has pretty good AOE to take out the adds, so farming wasn't bad.  I was only ganked a couple times, but I switched channels and it was pretty painless after that.  The upgrades brought me to 450 AP and I queued for Awakened Necropolis to get a better soulshield. 6 people above 500 AP left the party after seeing everyone else at 400-500 AP.  I have never done that on my main and it is sad they don't help people.  I guess they want super easy runs or something.

I was going to get my tent boss soul stones and the reds came and wiped everyone. I guess they were going to attempt mining.  I switched characters and joined the channel.  We captured and started the first mining I have seen since the merge.  Blues wiped the first drill area pretty easily and we were able to defend the second area for a while but they wiped that too.  Blue players are able to mine whenever they really want to when I play, and it seems rather easy for them to me.  A couple geared players stop the channel hopping griefers easily from what I have seen.  I guess they can't even let red players have one mining session across 4 channels for 30 minutes of the day.  That is like having an orchard full of fruit and the homeless starving man takes a piece so you have to go take it back and throw it in the garbage so nobody gets anything.  I did a couple arenas after and by the time I finished blue was mining, but a group was sitting in the crimson base killing the bosses.  I guess they need to go cut down all their neighbors trees as well to make sure they don't get any fruit either.  The amount of greed witnessed in this game is astounding.

Damn, I feel for Crimson.

Life was fun, so I did absolutely nothing gaming-related save for browsing Revelation forums to get info and see if I can find at least one other person worldwide that doesn't treat games like a job and wanna level together for at least a little bit.

I have an alt of every class.  But I focus on my main.  Getting an alt to 50 isn't much of an issue for me and it is fun.  But, the mats and gold needed to upgrade a weapon for accessories past Siren keeps my alts on the shelf.  Just can't afford to spend the time to grind that out and still enjoy the game.  And because of that, my main will remain my main.

NCWest should really employ account wide sharing of mats and rewards.  Make things alt friendly you they will see more people continuing to play this game.

Archived