Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

Main'd FM for 3 months or so i believe. Stopped upgrading at 513 AP (True Pirate and True Siren/Awakened Oath Accs.) Saved up for a month or so to get atleast 1.5k+ gold to fund a BD and so far BD is so much fun and i think it'll be my new main, making my FM an alt :p

*In between the FM and BD, i funded a SF to 485 AP (True Oath and Awakened Siren Acc) and didn't like it LOL, blew 400-600g on that RIP.*

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JinGhoul said:

Main'd FM for 3 months or so i believe. Stopped upgrading at 513 AP (True Pirate and True Siren/Awakened Oath Accs.) Saved up for a month or so to get atleast 1.5k+ gold to fund a BD and so far BD is so much fun and i think it'll be my new main, making my FM an alt :p

*In between the FM and BD, i funded a SF to 485 AP (True Oath and Awakened Siren Acc) and didn't like it LOL, blew 400-600g on that RIP.*

What did not feel right about the SF, JinGhoul?

On 4/19/2016 at 7:52 AM, DomiSotto said:

I decided to play my two alts on 2/7 days a week, leaving 5 for my Main. So, yesterday I just played my Warlock-alt.

I am not sure what to think of it. On one hand, it is a bit of a change from the end-game grind to play someone else, other areas etc, but I find myself so rusty when I start playing an alt, that the first 20-30 min just goes into remembering keybinds. I wrote down what combos the intros taught me, so that helped. I also did not go that far in the couple of hours I had to play it in a day. I only put on a single level and a touch, and that's on level 16 (almost got to 18). I advanced crafting a little, that's not a bad thing.

Now, my Warlock is about the same levels as my Destroyer, and I am wondering if I should just play both days a week on one alt, or one day a week for each, so I can see the difference and eventually maybe drop one?

If you are leveling alts, how do you do that, and how much time to you put into it? Do you level alts in parallel to see which class you like more? Does switching gets easier of you play it fairly regularly? What's a minimal meaningful time to play a character to see something accomplished on it and not just remember how to play it?

1st alt is already HM7 with 545AP which is at the sweet spot. I am leveling 2nd alt right now who is already at 42 :3 Once I can gear this 2nd alt to a certain AP I want it to be, I will start on 3rd alt. So right now, I have 2 lv50 and 1 lv40+

6 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

What did not feel right about the SF, JinGhoul?

I personally don't like how the class' attack speed is slow. I did however love the iframes and whatnot. After that i gave BD a try and I fell inlove with it immediately. Strong and fast attacks. Many skills that make u invulnerable + they're near the top of the DPS tier i believe. Overall i think it was just the transition from FM to SF was a big change in terms of damage and speed. I also personally didn't like how SF basically just hold RMB for Chi stacks then change to FM for V+2 while doing RMB+LMB then back to KFM stance. SF needs a lot of crit and basically better gear in order to reach minimum potential. 

I have 4 alts. All of them are level 11, even though I would love to switch and play with them too. Why level 11? Because my main is HM 10 and there is no way that I can devote to the game more time that I already put into it day after day. I wish items like accesories and a few more things were account bound, that way I could have a lot of fun with my alts and enjoy the full, rich potential of BnS. Pity it is not like this. 

10 minutes ago, JinGhoul said:

I personally don't like how the class' attack speed is slow. I did however love the iframes and whatnot. After that i gave BD a try and I fell inlove with it immediately. Strong and fast attacks. Many skills that make u invulnerable + they're near the top of the DPS tier i believe. Overall i think it was just the transition from FM to SF was a big change in terms of damage and speed. I also personally didn't like how SF basically just hold RMB for Chi stacks then change to FM for V+2 while doing RMB+LMB then back to KFM stance. SF needs a lot of crit and basically better gear in order to reach minimum potential. 

Certainly trust your instinct. Though WL was a late love for me. But well, I am kindda infatuated with his play right now. My experience with BDs is only in the party and they seem to make things easy on the rest of us. At a guess, cc'ing is fairly simple. 

8 minutes ago, Rea Shinwa said:

I have 4 alts. All of them are level 11, even though I would love to switch and play with them too. Why level 11? Because my main is HM 10 and there is no way that I can devote to the game more time that I already put into it day after day. I wish items like accesories and a few more things were account bound, that way I could have a lot of fun with my alts and enjoy the full, rich potential of BnS. Pity it is not like this. 

Yeah, me too. I'd rather switch between the alts doing this and that on one than go to another, than do the full load on just one.One the other hand, I doubt I can hit the 600, let alone 600+ even if I've just played a main. I'd certainly play far less on just one toon. Alts is what's keeping me in BnS despite its altophobia. Ironic, I know.

5 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Certainly trust your instinct. Though WL was a late love for me. But well, I am kindda infatuated with his play right now. My experience with BDs is only in the party and they seem to make things easy on the rest of us. At a guess, cc'ing is fairly simple. 

Yeah, me too. I'd rather switch between the alts doing this and that on one than go to another, than do the full load on just one.One the other hand, I doubt I can hit the 600, let alone 600+ even if I've just played a main. I'd certainly play far less on just one toon. Alts is what's keeping me in BnS despite its altophobia. Ironic, I know.

Yeah thats one thing i HATE about this game. No option to get back the progress you've done on one character. Just like all that gold i dropped on SF only to figure out that they need more requirements in order for them to be strong x)

Not worried about the progress I made with FM though since I can use her for SSP and whatnot, 513 AP is alright at the moment + it's an FM so the dmg is still there. 

I have a 49 summoner which I guess is kinda my main. I also have multiple alts which I play when I am active. It helps keep the game from being monotonous and is good for story recaps. It also helps me know and understand some of the other class skills....well....of the classes I am good enough at playing to get to a reasonable level. Also if you like doing PVE stuff on one class but prefer to PVP on another...that is another reason to have alts. Other than that I would just say play them however much you want. :)

SSP is not working out after the merger. While I can get approximately half the credits on my 500 AP Warlock, the reds simply go round the clock shutting down channels. In the past we'd do it till we can get he channel going, but they just want to be parasites and do not capture and mine. All they do is deny us credit.As usual, the geared guys got it done, but for someone like me there is no hope. 

I can't find any reasons for playing this game. Yeah, the chars are pretty and the classes are great. But I am deathly tired of the toil it takes. It is not fun. Let the reds have SSPs, keys r moosntones and wave their epeens in the air and demo their awesome possessions to those who care. I am off to the games that give me stuff I need to play them and do not try so hard to make me feel inferior.  

EDIT: Just tried it on APAC times, it is the same BS, so the last glimmer of hope died. Logging out, this time for good. 

I had 6 tickets from the Daily Challenge left, so I figured I'd get more bags to open. So, when I got in the X-server, just for silliness I selected the Draggonbeak Rookery. Well, a couple of minutes in, just when I was about to cancel, a level 39 joins. We sit for another minute, and I am asking him, does he need something from the dungeon. He says, he is new and needs the quest; he tried to solo and then he got someone who rushed in and got him killed. Well, rats. I tell him, Okay, we gonna 2M it, and it's gonna hurt. We cleared everything before the last boss, so while I am explaining the guns and feathers to him, we get a 3rd, guy, a level 33. That one knows the guns, so we just wait for him and go in.

I guess I should have canceled the recruiting because by the time we kill the boss, we have a full group of 6, including a level 20(?) dead in the middle of a passage. 

So, I say, I'll run it again if you guys need it, as I am going for the outfit. Then I open the box, and here it is! So, yay! I have my Dark Sandstorm! Lol, two level 30's got me through it.

It looks completely AWESOME on the WL. OMG, I am still gamegasming and husbandorooling.

I've finished the SSP quest, but obviously boars are no go, and from 3 terrors killed I got 0 keys. So, gonna just kep hunting the soulstones as much as I can in SSP, run Daily Challenges on easy days & Cold Storage. 

And, level a Soul Fighter or a Sin, because seriously, even I can have enough of my butt being kicked by the 'resist absolutely everything, then cc ya 24/7' classes in the arena during the daily. ;)

@DomiSotto the server link just came into effect a couple days ago so wait until the dust settles at SSP before getting stressed out. Hopefully the pvp griefers will get bored and move on to other things eventually. I would love to try making an alt but the thought of gearing up another character when my main isn't geared yet just gives me palpitations, which shouldn't be that way.

12 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

@DomiSotto the server link just came into effect a couple days ago so wait until the dust settles at SSP before getting stressed out. Hopefully the pvp griefers will get bored and move on to other things eventually. I would love to try making an alt but the thought of gearing up another character when my main isn't geared yet just gives me palpitations, which shouldn't be that way.

Even after the dust settles, the population is too high for the Grindtooth and Suljun boxes be available. SSP will be a reliable source of soulstones, but the moonstones are not going to be available. The alternative methods will be unavailable to me (Mushin's Tower) or way too slow (fragments). I might get enough fragments right now to get one or two charms a week. One or two moonstones a week (because getting a 100 moonstones box will be like getting the other rare drops) is not going to help with upgrades that require them in 100s. Even a fairly generous RNG on the  Grindtooth and Terror boxes leaves me with zero keys most of the days.

I have a HM9 fm 587ap, a HM7 des 552ap, lv49 sin, lv46 wl, ,lv45bm, lv42bd.
Honestly, playing new toons make my gameplay fun. I only do the daily challenges on my fm and des.
Boring dungeons, hp sponge bosses, along with 50+players lag in certain areas doesn't scream fun. Sure i might miss out on materials, but i'm not going to spend time doing something unpleasant just so that i can be top gear to do more unpleasant things.

1 hour ago, Zerfahren said:

I have a HM9 fm 587ap, a HM7 des 552ap, lv49 sin, lv46 wl, ,lv45bm, lv42bd.
Honestly, playing new toons make my gameplay fun. I only do the daily challenges on my fm and des.
Boring dungeons, hp sponge bosses, along with 50+players lag in certain areas doesn't scream fun. Sure i might miss out on materials, but i'm not going to spend time doing something unpleasant just so that i can be top gear to do more unpleasant things.

That's what I am starting to think. Daily Challenge + Cold storage on the WL, maybe SSP, and just play arenas on lowbie alts afterwards + story. SSP was the only reason I wanted to gear up.

Having just one alt seems to be the best way to go.  Right now, I have my 50 HM  8 WL run the Daily Challenge to help fund my new main, my SF, which as of last night is 50 HM 1 at 486 AP.

I think some higher level players tend to slow progress though on some items, like Relic Pieces.  Ran a view Naryu with some who already have Souls, still bidding on Relic pieces, which at that point, becomes pretty worthless for them.  :p

I remember one player who had the soul already bid on the 30 Piece Relic Loot because they didn't think someone should have it cheap :p

On 7/16/2016 at 11:15 AM, DomiSotto said:

So, I say, I'll run it again if you guys need it, as I am going for the outfit. Then I open the box, and here it is! So, yay! I have my Dark Sandstorm! Lol, two level 30's got me through it.

Wow. Super nice.  I think I ran that 30 times or so for it.  People would attack the boss early so many times back in the day, and end up frying the rest of the party.  It got to be a trend, so I tried to be next to the person in the lead at all times.  Being the high level player, people would assume I was the one starting the boss early.  Good times.

Since SSP is trash for red, I got my 11 soulstones from quests and just played my soul fighter on the blue faction.  I seen a few mining sessions earlier in the day, and tried to fight a few bosses, but 380 AP can't cut it for sure, except for the tent boss.  Getting more soulstones on my 380 AP alt, than my main is a great feeling.  I ran through mushins tower to unlock Naryu.  Maybe I will run that when it is in the daily challenge.  Thanks for the thread about it.  It would have been a pain to figure out otherwise.

27 minutes ago, jones6 said:

Wow. Super nice.  I think I ran that 30 times or so for it.  People would attack the boss early so many times back in the day, and end up frying the rest of the party.  It got to be a trend, so I tried to be next to the person in the lead at all times.  Being the high level player, people would assume I was the one starting the boss early.  Good times.

Since SSP is trash for red, I got my 11 soulstones from quests and just played my soul fighter on the blue faction.  I seen a few mining sessions earlier in the day, and tried to fight a few bosses, but 380 AP can't cut it for sure, except for the tent boss.  Getting more soulstones on my 380 AP alt, than my main is a great feeling.  I ran through mushins tower to unlock Naryu.  Maybe I will run that when it is in the daily challenge.  Thanks for the thread about it.  It would have been a pain to figure out otherwise.

I am starting to wonder if 5x14 soulstones per day from Mistywoods is faster/easier than one SSP, since Moonstones are pretty much out of the question now & Mistywood Daily is about 5 min to complete. But it's probably crowded nowadays too.

I’ve got the Yeti Razor this morning. I kid you not.

Did Cold Storage, as planned. Then seeing that Avalanche Den was on the DC menu, and it was APAC time, I decided to see if I chance upon my beloved laid-back Aussies and fearsome SEA  who can push all the right buttons even with a rampaging Yeti in the room.

First group wiped very closely, and someone quit accusing the FM of Autodetonating. That’s on the list of the Unforgivable Sins for the poor FMs from what I remember. Thanks goodness I went with the Lock.

I surfed through a few groups looking for one with everyone being at 450+ AP, until I finally landed in the company of HM7 and 9 Summ/FM pair, a ubiquitous HM 2 Soulfighter and two other in-betweeners just like me.

The young Soulfighter died early and hard, but the Yeti was cc’d, and his HPs were going down in a good order. At 30’ish % remembering that there is a very good reason that totally slipped my mind to slow down DPS, I went mushroom hunting and managed to kill one and actually toss an orb at a freezy thingie on the ground. There is no end to my awesomeness.

Anyway, we’ve passed, but yeti did not drop the weapon chest. But the guys said they want to do blue dung, so I stayed for that, and then there was no reason not to finish the DC.

And that’s how I got enough Heavenly Orbs to buy a yeti chest, and unlocked it to get a razor.

You lucky sun of a gun of a Warlock! Two Yeti runs. TWO. Thanks heavens I don’t have to farm it now.

What I would have to do is to somehow rotate both my Summoner and the Lock through the SSP because what I miss for the upgrade are the 15 moonstones and a usual mountain of soulstones give or take a hundred.

From what I recall, the raiding was heavy in the evenings, so I will just try on APAC time on Thursday. And, by obvious reasons, I need to find a Terror farming group.

Tested out a couple of things trying to adapt to the new situation.

1. SSP in the Early Afternoon: harsh. One channel was too full, and the second had a small population continuously under the reds attack (could not get a full credit, was farmed for pp)  and when Grindtooth spawned saw the infamous Poharan bot-horde co-spawning with the Grindtooth. Managed two keys, one from sacred beast, one - from the loot box with a moonstone.

2. In the morning I had very little time, so just joined a random terror hunt. Which as Okay, but out of 5 chests none had keys. It figures

3. Right before the servers went down, I started on Mistywoods, and found it peaceful. Could be due to re-set.

In terms of new Challenges, I am waiting on the data. My gut feeling is that despite all the flaws of the SSP it will still be a better option than the Seeds of Growth, but I have my Summoner ready to try it out. I cashed in the gem from the previous challenge for him, so now he is at 544 AP, so almost meets the AP requirements for the new dungeons. But boy, playing on him is so annoying compared to the Warlock. I don't know how much the Hongmoon Pill skill fixes the RMB, but the whole impotent quest for Sunflower is irritating. I'd rather watch my CDs on the Lock.

For the Coralite challenge, I am pretty much of a mind to just pay for Coralite for my Warlock, as long as it is not RNG drop from a box & buy the Sapphire with 500 crushed fragments if possible. But I will have to see how many dungeons, and which ones they want you to run. I don't think I can make it via grind because I am away for a week this month on vacations.

Other than that, I am going to wait to finish the story on my toons after I after I am back from vacations.

Well, I managed to finish that SSP Daily on my Summoner, just before the reds as usual destroyed the mining. The locust showed up to capture, but of course left us super-short-handed right after, so by the time the first attack was done, everything was dead. I literally resurrected to grab my box and get out of there.  So, 31 soulstones and 1 moonstone day. As usual, am filled with love for Poharan and reds.

Story is not too bad so far, pretty funny dialogues.

Then my guild kindda came on line, so we tried some of the new content - I went with my Lock, of course. So, it made a symmetric party of two FMs (females) and 2 Warlocks (males). We've been chatting all along, so made the Daily Challenge pass faster.

Both the new 24M and the Gloomdross 6M have really great landscapes. 24M was trivial for the party and I've liked it, but won't go alone, as it is much like Beastbog in terms of mobs.

The 6M we started with a party of 6, picking a couple of pugs in the LFP, one of which quit as we were defending the cores, obviously outraged by our not being pros and figuring out in chat what are we supposed to do. The second pug, a Destroyer, stayed on. We wiped a couple of times allowing our raid lead to get the mechanics figured out, then we had a close 3rd wipe, and on the 4th time we passed easily, as by  then FMs did not have to worry about freezing us, we were all I-framing the slams, and we moved to trap the healing adds. We kept the friendly Destroyer for the rest of the Daily Challenge.

The Seeds of growth event - don't think it is going to have any impact at all. Too few seeds drop. Whatever. I will transmute a chest if I get 6. Meh.

The Coralite event? Honestly, tossing coralite into trash or selling it for 1 bronze will leave me ahead. It's cumbersome and a complete opposite of profitable.

Archived