NCSOFT, we can help too.

Speras

Greetings,

I am fully aware that some (many things, actually) things are out of your control, and that as of now, many people aren't necessarily happy with the state of the game. As much as you'd try to embrace silence and refuse communicating with us, your forums aren't a nice place- They're practically flooded with complaints.

I understand that maintaining this isn't easy, it really isn't. But please, we're the ones playing this game MUCH more than you are, and some of us spend as much time on it per day as you guys do. Since you're practically plagued with complaints, and I really, REALLY hope NCSOFT wants the best for this game (Let me be optimistic, damn you, I want to believe they care about us), please let us help you, if we can. We know what the community would want, and primarily, before anything, including resolving the bot problem, the failgua-gameguard issue, and optimizing the client, we would beg you communicate more frequently with us. Silence won't help you, and isn't solving the problem. 

So please, what I'd like this thread to be is a polite, respectful address to NCSOFT of issues, that we, the players, would like to have resolved. Let us help as well! Many minds working together beats some! 

Some of us still care about this game, and we want to give you our time, whether it be through fan arts, grinding dailies, browsing a happy forums where not all posts are about raging and QQing, and pretty much unleashing the potential that B&S deserves. 

We want Blade and Soul, not Bot and Sunflower. 

So here's at least my list of things that I'd like to see rectified in this game, and I'd beg others to voice their opinion as well. Silence won't help us either!

1) Please communicate with your player-base and community

2) Please address the issue occurring in Soulstone Plains. We know there are bots over there, don't you deny it.

3) Remove Gameguard (I beg you for this one)

4) Try and update the "submit a ticket and we'll look into it" style- Perhaps voice a thread about specific complaints and assign forum moderators to help them on the spot?

5) Slow down the release of costumes and new content- Some of us still need time and money to upgrade our gear properly D:

6) Perhaps lower the cost of mats needed for crafting and progressing through the game? MTS are relatively expensive for the new player or the inexperienced. Try offering alternate routes to crafting the hongmoon pellets, they are causing guilds to disband and useless, unneeded drama to ensue. 

7) Optimize your clients! Stutters ain't nice!

and of course, finally.

8) Fix the bot problem. If gameguard does indeed, by some means, work, it's really, REALLY, REAAAAALLLLLY inefficient- The troubles it's causing to so many players is not worth the few bots you catch using it.

Anyone else have any ideas? Please remember that silence won't help us. The more we voice our concerns, the clearer the problems NCSOFT have to deal with become. (Even though they're very, VERY clear.)

Kind regards,

Speras.  

It is actually refreshing to see a meaningful topic for once. Well done @Speras, some really nice suggestions there. I would add to the list:

Get volunteer players for GM-Assists or something along those lines; ones who have the power to report directly to the people responsible for investigating and banning accounts, hence speeding up the process of evaluating and banning bots and hackers.

4 minutes ago, Sennen said:

+1

Its a shame there hasn't been and probably won't be any communication about any of these issues.  By far, the worst community communication ever.

I would sit silent myself in their situation... under a blanket... in a deep hole.... on another planet :D

Speras, I applaud you for your effort. However, NCWest is doing this on purpose. I believe they are attempting to close down NA/EU to downsize. No community manager would ever let this go without an official statement for this long without the intent of negative PR. Any company trying for negative PR is planning to close down. Therefore, NCWest will soon close down. This is not a simple mistake or human error. They have calculated their actions thus far, and this is the largest outrage in the history of their company. Think about it. 

7 minutes ago, Jaxy said:

Speras, I applaud you for your effort. However, NCWest is doing this on purpose. I believe they are attempting to close down NA/EU to downsize. No community manager would ever let this go without an official statement for this long without the intent of negative PR. Any company trying for negative PR is planning to close down. Therefore, NCWest will soon close down. This is not a simple mistake or human error. They have calculated their actions thus far, and this is the largest outrage in the history of their company. Think about it. 

I can't help but think of the South Park episode regarding startup companies:
1. Start Up
2. Cash In
3. Sell Out

4. Bro Down

They really seem to be following this "model"...

Also, go fund yourslef!

After playing on Asian versions since launch and waiting for so many years to see this game finally be published in the west I find myself so disappointed, not in the game, but it the way it has been "westernized"

Within the first 2 weeks it was quite apparent the main agenda of this company, remember this is not NCsoft, it is NCwest Holdings, technically a part of NCsoft but legally a company in its own right.

As for communication, the lack of it is quite obvious, it is deliberate, they simply do not care, it is not in their interest to they simply do not need to , they still making money. Makes far more sense to if you can make money by doing nothing, than to do work or pay others to do it, it is more profit for less input, perfect business.

Most players when they start a new game, will more than likely never visit the forums, if anything the only research they will do is check on the class's available at most.  most will avoid forums they know and expect to see negativity some were, BUT at the end of the day their own thoughts and experience is what really counts.

So most will just download and jump straight in and start leveling, and learn the game while they play, they only time they will 'break off' from playing is if they get stuck at a part ot with a item, but very rarely will players visit the forums at least in the first few weeks, by this time they have time invested and more than likely if they enjoy the game will have also invested money too. this is when the Publisher as won, they have the players money, THAT is what it is all about, from this point on they do not care, if that player leaves its no loss, another new player comes along as fast as unhappy players leave and the process continues with a new Naive player with cash to spend.

This is how western MMO's work these days, especially with already popular Asian games, they do not need to care about the western versions the same, they already have successful Asian versions, that they look after and maintain, the western versions are just pure and simply business ventures first and foremost and always will be.

let's make a difference:

you, op, maybe with a 1% chance of luck/morality/intelligence/RL stuff, MAYBE can be helpful to NCsoft developers.

community can't. fullstop.

whenever u read someone suggesting stuff without thinking about the 100000000000 examples in which his suggestion can fail hard, he is not someone who can help.

so, if you were a company that makes money by living, how much faith would u put in a stranger with good intentions but unable to understand the needs and the effects that could affect the "overall balance of the game" by the  suggestion itself?

sorry for bad english

36 minutes ago, Shukran said:

let's make a difference:

you, op, maybe with a 1% chance of luck/morality/intelligence/RL stuff, MAYBE can be helpful to NCsoft developers.

community can't. fullstop.

whenever u read someone suggesting stuff without thinking about the 100000000000 examples in which his suggestion can fail hard, he is not someone who can help.

so, if you were a company that makes money by living, how much faith would u put in a stranger with good intentions but unable to understand the needs and the effects that could affect the "overall balance of the game" by the  suggestion itself?

sorry for bad english

This game. Has been out. For years. THE FIXES ARE OUT. NCWest HAS NOT ADOPTED THEM. Incompetence, period. Anyone defending a company who isn't defending them is a blind sheep. 

3 hours ago, Bartas said:

I would sit silent myself in their situation... under a blanket... in a deep hole.... on another planet :D

...in a different solar system...that's part of a different galaxy....somewhere....in an alternate universe.

4 hours ago, Sennen said:

+1

Its a shame there hasn't been and probably won't be any communication about any of these issues.  By far, the worst community communication ever.

Ya, I'v never played and MMO like this. The lack of communication is perplexing especially since you would think they would want their new game to succeed and not fail.

Literally ZERO communication about game breaking issues, not even any acknowledgment.

Active GMs or Moderators that can communicate in-game.

Imagine being able to submit a ticket, then getting a whisper from a GM about the issue and things being resolved quickly.  If other games can do this, ncsoft should be able to implement this.

The lack of a report for anything but spamming or botting is a problem indeed.

The clan system needs a few changes.  Mostly in the customization and permissions granted.  In a larger clan, things can easily get out of hand with only two people able to kick and many options only able to be done by the leader and not delegated.

17 minutes ago, Nurpler said:

The clan system needs a few changes.  Mostly in the customization and permissions granted.  In a larger clan, things can easily get out of hand with only two people able to kick and many options only able to be done by the leader and not delegated.

leader

advisor

veteran

recruit

u can give full permission to almost any of the above.

so afaik not only 2 players have full powers.

58 minutes ago, Mayor Tee said:

Ya, I'v never played and MMO like this. The lack of communication is perplexing especially since you would think they would want their new game to succeed and not fail.

Who said the game has failed ? you do not know their actual business agenda

From a business point of view this game has far from failed, In fact even this past week were all the issues are higher than ever, this previous week with the Treasure Trove Event as probably netted them more revenue income than the game has over the previous 2 months and it still continues to create income and will continue for the next 7 days. with or without any communication at all this will still continue..........so yeah, they do not need to communicate.............in fact they are probably very busy counting the money flooding in.

3 minutes ago, myuna said:

Who said the game has failed ? you do not know their actual business agenda

From a business point of view this game has far from failed, In fact even this past week were all the issues are higher than ever, this previous week with the Treasure Trove Event as probably netted them more revenue income than the game has over the previous 2 months and it still continues to create income and will continue for the next 7 days. with or without any communication at all this will still continue..........so yeah, they do not need to communicate.............in fact they are probably very busy counting the money flooding in.

It's fine if that's their agenda, people will remember. I know I will. Not only will I never play one of their games again I will actively steer anyone I can away from not only this game but any others and future games.

35 minutes ago, Proxima said:

I am suprised because I thought NCsoft was a ''big'' company so that they would be able to afford some guy that comments on their behalf on the forums.

The radio silence is really not good.

Yes NCSOFT are a 'big' company.....in Korea and were they operate  Asia., this is NOT NCsoft, this is NCwest a totally separate company who publish the game under contract with NCsoft.

Out of my own interest last time their company profile was updated on one very well known company check database they had a staff total count of 30

I remember how exited we where on the january 19. Five friends on teamspeak having a lot of fun creating characters, some of us on a 3 hour login queue and talking and making plans and having fun. Today i play alone. They all leaved the game not because of the fps problems, or the bots, or the hacks. They leaved because of the silence... Nsoft is making us feel unwelcomed. Do they want us here? Do they care? Do they even read anything here? A post... just one post would be enough. One twiiter about this situation would be enought.

You have to understand, it's not that NCWest doesn't want to help, or even talk, it's that in most cases regarding most issues, they can't. NCSoft, (Korea HQ), effectively issues a gag order regarding most things out of NCWest's control, (which in most cases is just about everything regarding actual development and game direction.) Don't fool yourselves into believing NCWest has any authority to affect actual change. 

All of the problems NA/EU are currently facing are many of the same issues the Asian markets have faced. It's the same game, with minor exceptions. The difference lies in the way the game is played from a cultural standpoint.

For example, in Korea you can't play an MMO without inputting something known as a National Identification Number, (similar to the Social Security Number), effectively making it near impossible to remain completely anonymous while playing. If you're caught cheating and/or hacking, you're banned using that number, and you're done, period. No creating another account for you. Hence MMO client side security is somewhat laxed compared to the West.

When the games are ported here, they're done so completely intact and identical to their original counterparts, therefore whatever problems the game had their, they have here. Minus a way to regulate actual players, well, you can see what happens.

Having had experience with NCwest and NCsoft in general from my days in Aion, (since 2009), I've seen this drama play out before. It's not that NCwest sits idly by watching a game deteriorate, it a that there's nothing they can do but monitor the situation, maintain, and make suggestions to the head branch. A helpless feeling I'm certain many of us in RL can relate to.

There are no excuses to be made. Sure, they can come back with "OKAY - We are fixing the client and giving you all free premium"... etc. That does not excuse the silence. Any remotely competent person on the administrative staff would issue a statement about it for the sake of retaining customers. Seeing as there has been ample opportunity to make a statement and there has not been one, there are no competent members in the administrative staff of NCWest. I vote this branch of the game to be closed down immediately so everyone can simply move on. 

21 hours ago, Arcayne said:

Having had experience with NCwest and NCsoft in general from my days in Aion, (since 2009), I've seen this drama play out before. It's not that NCwest sits idly by watching a game deteriorate, it a that there's nothing they can do but monitor the situation, maintain, and make suggestions to the head branch. A helpless feeling I'm certain many of us in RL can relate to.

Well if this is true then they should just tell us that. Saying you can't do much atm  = communication. Not saying anything at all = no communication

Archived