Siren or Oathbreaker? And why?

Kidzune

Greetings, fellow players, Lyn Force Master Kidzune at your service.

I wanted to ask a question that has been bugging my brain for some time: must I evolve my True Profane Bangle into Siren or Oathbreaker?

I already have the two Breakthrough bangles, the only thing I need is a little more gold if I choose Oathbreaker path and more gold and 20 more Soulstones (currently I have 50) if I go Siren.

Not counting appearance, what are the pros and cons of both options, and which one would you recommend for me? Is it relevant to the issue to mention I prefer PvE?

The rest of my accessories are one step below Siren, and my current level is 49.

Tanks for your opinion and Vahas Anu Ka to you all.

The general gist I'm getting from the forums on the issue of whether to go Oathbreaker or Siren/Pirate is that the Oathbreaker path is quiiiiiiite expensive after your initial breakthrough from True Profane. Checking the market (not sure if it is cross-server or not), Silverfrost transformation stones are more expensive atm (normal transformation stones are 9 gold and premium stones are 179 gold X_X ) whereas moonwater transformation stones are dropping to 4 gold apiece. 

Although I'm curious whether you have been doing the highest level dungeons with True Profane? o.o 

On 4/19/2016 at 6:44 AM, Kidzune said:

Greetings, fellow players, Lyn Force Master Kidzune at your service.

I wanted to ask a question that has been bugging my brain for some time: must I evolve my True Profane Bangle into Siren or Oathbreaker?

I already have the two Breakthrough bangles, the only thing I need is a little more gold if I choose Oathbreaker path and more gold and 20 more Soulstones (currently I have 50) if I go Siren.

Not counting appearance, what are the pros and cons of both options, and which one would you recommend for me? Is it relevant to the issue to mention I prefer PvE?

The rest of my accessories are one step below Siren, and my current level is 49.

Tanks for your opinion and Vahas Anu Ka to you all.

I made a thread about this earlier:

And then a sheet with costs between paths until Breeze(common point where the paths meet) calculated dynamically (copy it and adjust prices in the bottom part to see the price totals)

Left table is the difference between paths, right one is total.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cgo77zu_kQef0cEy_fF92xaM10DonPysTUCdQSOMn1U/edit 

The conclusion you can (and should) come to is that Oathbreaker and semi-siren paths are - and will be for a very long time (my guess is forever)  - not worth it in any way. The only way for oathbreaker path to become "cheaper" is for HMM/PGO to jump up to completely crazy prices while Darts/Moonstones drop down to few silvers.

The only pros of the Oathbreaker path are that the first few evolution steps (only the first few, which you'll be over soon!) are very cheap, and you get the breakthrough weapons from doing main quest.

For Siren path you'll need to get the weapons from 24-man/6-man Bloodshade Harbor and Blackram Supply Chain, but Siren path is more powerful (it boosts your main skill damage) and cheaper in total.

Semi-siren path is just taking the worst out of both worlds - it's simultaneously the most expensive and weaker at later stages.

Archived