Freezing sins out of stealth

PatchKid

I know that Ice Guard will bring an assassin out of stealth if used near enough.  What about SS trained with 2 points to freeze enemies when you move back?  Also, is the freeze effect that 2x3 area effect so you should be put the assassin in stealth in front of you when you SS if this freeze.

Normally I put zero points into S because it 1.5x - 2x the CD on the ability, but in the case of assassins, it seems worth it to have another option to remove them from stealth and I don't get a lot of opportunity to SS vs them anyway?

Yeah, I tried playing around with the freeze too, but the long CD kinda throw it off.  I believe the freeze is the area around you 2x3.

I also sacrifice my tremor stun and spec into the pull to get them at one point.  It did work at times, but I end up just respeccing the the stun again.  Maybe when we get Pull from the Z button...

What I do now is Flurry T2 (the iframe one) and Firestorm Kick stun 2sec on resist Flurry.  In most my encounter, the Sin will stealth after the first blow, resist the 2nd and 3rd, get hit by the 4th or even resist at times.  The kick is up so I aim in their shadow to stun them.  It is a 2x8 range.

Comet Strike 2x8 is useful too.  I spec T4 for pvp so it instant cast.   

The other one is Iron Shoulder with 2x3 after countering their throw thingy.  Harder to pull off if they don't come near you right away. 

Yeah, I can't see myself replacing my 3s stun with a pull unless the CD was dramatically reduced.  Unfortunately, tremor is 45s regardless of whether it stuns or not, and that is kind of silly.

I'll look into iron shoulder though.  I've been pretty successful at countering the assassin's teleport after they shiruken, and that brings them within range of the AoE iron shoulder.

Unfortunately, I find the ability to stun sins while they're countering to be super crucial, so I don't think I can swap that out for firestorm kick, but it is an interesting strategy.

Don't specc your SS for the freeze, the long CD is not worth it and you are gonna need it if you want to survive cause 18secs cd's on all your iframes is just suicidal.

The key with Sin's is Legsweep....that's the key to get you the game, i've practice with diamond Sin's and one of the combos they told me (it wont work all the time but you now can play around with it) is this:

3 > C > 4 (after they roll) > Q (to avoid their trinket) and if they use it...hold for a second before using Firestorm Kick (yes use Firestorm Kick) its a guaranteed kill if you manage to use that combo if they trinket the initial CC which mostly they will.

If they don't use it punish them with 3rF > Knock Up....its all about timings. It's not easy but it will become better once you get your HM counter and AOE Z (rising dragon).

On 4/20/2016 at 2:02 PM, osirium said:

Don't specc your SS for the freeze, the long CD is not worth it and you are gonna need it if you want to survive cause 18secs cd's on all your iframes is just suicidal.

The key with Sin's is Legsweep....that's the key to get you the game, i've practice with diamond Sin's and one of the combos they told me (it wont work all the time but you now can play around with it) is this:

3 > C > 4 (after they roll) > Q (to avoid their trinket) and if they use it...hold for a second before using Firestorm Kick (yes use Firestorm Kick) its a guaranteed kill if you manage to use that combo if they trinket the initial CC which mostly they will.

If they don't use it punish them with 3rF > Knock Up....its all about timings. It's not easy but it will become better once you get your HM counter and AOE Z (rising dragon).

Hi you mention leg sweep and I remember watching Sickks using it but he was doing by turning around when they ported behind him. Is there any good way to use this consistently on sins? I have had trouble with them in the past .

Archived