Forums

Spring Trove Event - P2W? Worth it? Concerns?

DeadlyCode

Personally I bought one extra slot and 25 keys and thats it, because I know from BSH content/area that NC is extremely greedy with thier drop rates. And I haven't gotten anything great, best so far is 2 misty keys that go for a little over a gold.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player buys tons of gold/keys and has the best in slot gear therefor having an advantage in world PvP and PVE = pay to win. No F2P player has over 600AP unless they play 24/7 and even then I doubt it is possible.

16 minutes ago, Unidus said:

Player buys tons of gold/keys and has the best in slot gear therefor having an advantage in world PvP and PVE = pay to win.

Yet another one with no idea of what P2W actually is. Hint: what you described doesn't count. It's starting to play the game earlier.

I personally think it's up to the individual whether or not the if the cash worth spending on this event. Well for me, Naryu Tablet alone is a pain in the S. I can only play 2 hours everyday from monday to saturday. I have to work alternate sunday too. Do you seriously think I am capable of farming gold, soul shield, and naryu tablet? Getting obnoxious players in dungeons doesnt help at all. My time is really precious as working in the retail line is no joke at all. I don't work 5 days week, I work on certain public holidays, we face douche bags crying how this world owes them $28 billion dollars and their $1 dollar worth much more than mine. Me and my wife live a very very simple life. We don't do comparison with the society. Infact, the current society disgust us very very much (we are from Singapore). I won't elaborate how *cricket* up the current generation (developed countries) is but on a personal note, me and my wife decided that we won't be bringing any potential a-hole into this world. Without kids, we felt that spending between $100-$1000 is well within our spending limit for a game, especially a game that we enjoy and that we can play for a long time. I've tried calculating the gold that we've earned during this event but it's just too troublesome and pointless. Money spent, just enjoy the game. We will be trying another 200 keys for the last time before we stop spending anymore on these kind of event. If any of you used to play GW2, I am probably the one and only lucky S that gotten more than 100 pre cursors (half of them are dusk and dawn) from mystic toilet and I've tried using pre cursor to get another pre cursor from mystic toilet. That's my luck in online games. Real life luck does apply in this game, well at least for me as I've gotten all gems and a *cricket* lot of frozen stingers, soulstones, transformation stones, skillbooks, naryu tablet, gold ingots and many more. This will bring me and my wife to breeze and we are damn glad and happy because instead of grinding every nights for 2 hours, we finally get to run dungeons, factions and whatnot without looking at players' AP or the clock. For those of you thinking this p2w, well I can tell you something. You are right, I did pay to win, to win my wife's smile and laughter everytime we are playing Blade and Soul. The rest? I don't give a flying *cricket* what your AP is as long as it's not 350 or below when we are doing lvl 50 purple dungeon. So where do I collect this winning prize and how come nobody posted in Facebook, Instagram or Tweeter about my win? I won !! I won !!!!!!!!! I love you my dear =)

Honestly, it is for now P2W, is it worth it...... *cricket* no.

Those gems are nice and fancy but in the overall scheme of things in 6 months they wont be worth squat, HM stuff is farmable if your patient enough.

If half the threads in this forum are anything to go by the game is on its way out to free and paying players alike so, gotta ask yourself if its worth dumping all that money into a game people are already dropping in the dead pile.

15 hours ago, Unidus said:

Player buys tons of gold/keys and has the best in slot gear therefor having an advantage in world PvP and PVE = pay to win. No F2P player has over 600AP unless they play 24/7 and even then I doubt it is possible.

Nope. That ain't how it works buddy. Faster progression, meaning higher AP faster, HM levels faster, faster crafting, etc. etc. All a staple of F2P games.

P2W means you can buy significantly overpowered items that cannot be purchased by F2P players, it does not mean F2P players have to put in more time to get the same thing.

I am not sure whay this is being discussed at all - IT OBVIOUSLY IS P2W!

Getting shitloads of mats/skills which DO influence the game balance is exaclty what P2W is. So, it's obvious. Buy complete gear or buy the mats to upgrade to them... not much of a differnce. Does it influence the balance? YES. Period.

Of course, next question to ask is Pay-To-Win-WHAT :)
So far there is no open world pvp clan-based content, where one would actually need this equip.

And all instances can be run with 350+ quip (preferrably 400+).
The arena is equalized.
So it's questionable if full-scorpio is really needed. However, going from True Profane to Scorpio in ONE DAY... how would you describe this, if not P2W?!

2 hours ago, DarkExile said:

If half the threads in this forum are anything to go by the game is on its way out to free and paying players alike so, gotta ask yourself if its worth dumping all that money into a game people are already dropping in the dead pile.

Half the threads in this forum aren't anything to go by. People don't come to the forums to let folks know everything is fine and dandy, they come here to complain. Lets see your numbers on the games population before you declare it dead, from what I see I still have to turn off player characters every night at harvest time because two gtx 970s can't keep up with them all.

3 minutes ago, MerlinBG said:

However, going from True Profane to Scorpio in ONE DAY... how would you describe this, if not P2W?!

Pay-to-progress is the term I've seen people using the most, though you'd think by now "F2P" would cover it - but clearly not, going by your post. Again, if you want to be cheap about your entertainment - don't expect the perks. All I see here is a lot of F2P player QQ.

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Pay-to-progress is the term I've seen people using the most, though you'd think by now "F2P" would cover it - but clearly not, going by your post. Again, if you want to be cheap about your entertainment - don't expect the perks. All I see here is a lot of F2P player QQ.

Dude, no offence, but "pay-to-progress" sounds like a poor attempt to blur the diffference between the main monetization startegies in gaming industry - P2W, F2P and B2P. Plus subscriptions, of course, which is optional/complementary to all of those.

F2P have exactly one meaning, and it does not cover obtaining items, which change the game balance or provide extra advantage for the buying player. As simple as that.
I am not saying it is good or bad, I am just saying - this is how it is, accept it, no need to preach how BnS is F2P, while it obviously is turning in P2W direction.

Monetization strategies for trully F2P games - mounts, costumes, weapon and character skins, gender change vouchers, even boobs-expander vouchers, lol.

These gems everyone is raving about now will (if this version is anything like other versions of the game) drop in 4man mode of Cold Storage. So people will farm that like crazy, so yeah the prices will drop rapidly after the new patch.

I thought the point of the trove was for 2 new outfits and everything else was just a side bonus? I'm sorry your luck was bad, but expecting to get every single good open in just $1000 is....very high expectations. You should've had a set goal (like max $200) and stuck to that, if you can get the gems from this event you will be able to get them in game.

2 hours ago, MerlinBG said:

I am not sure whay this is being discussed at all - IT OBVIOUSLY IS P2W!

Given that you and anyone else thinking it's P2W are wrong, you should know better why this is being discussed at all.

I swear, some of you people love to call things P2W more because you can, not because you actually have a point, which you don't.

3 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Given that you and anyone else thinking it's P2W are wrong, you should know better why this is being discussed at all.

I swear, some of you people love to call things P2W more because you can, not because you actually have a point, which you don't.

It's like I said, some folks are just crying that others who are willing to spend money on the game are getting things they aren't.

Just now, Lurkios said:

It's like I said, some folks are just crying that others who are willing to spend money on the game are getting things they aren't.

What concerns me more about this event is that it's not newcomer-friendly. Only those at least around Act 3 will get any decent mileage from it. That and it being more RNG-dependant than Daily Dash doesn't help. Still, everyone can take part on it once they reach the lvl requirement and some good currency sources and, more importantly, no RL cash needed, so it's not P2W.

I mean, I'm doing the event without extra keys and slots and still got some good stuff. Not quite the cream of the top, but still useful. Case in point, I got a Breeze Necklace of all things today. Just like Daily Dash, you need some daily minimum amount of dedication to have a chance at the good stuff. Really, it's more 'farm 2 gamble' than anything else.

4 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

What concerns me more about this event is that it's not newcomer-friendly. Only those at least around Act 3 will get any decent mileage from it. That and it being more RNG-dependant than Daily Dash doesn't help. Still, everyone can take part on it once they reach the lvl requirement and some good currency sources and, more importantly, no RL cash needed, so it's not P2W.

I mean, I'm doing the event without extra keys and slots and still got some good stuff. Not quite the cream of the top, but still useful. Case in point, I got a Breeze Necklace of all things today. Just like Daily Dash, you need some daily minimum amount of dedication to have a chance at the good stuff. Really, it's more 'farm 2 gamble' than anything else.

Well, in EU Forum there is a comparision of who got what with what investement. Nearly all "i just use free 2 slots daily" got only crap. Most people unlocking some Slots get vastly different results.... no, its ofc not p2w. Its like the druggy says "the drug dealer isnt bad, he makes me feel good. Just because you have no money to spend on drugs, drugs aren't bad!".

17 hours ago, Lurkios said:

P2W means you can buy significantly overpowered items that cannot be purchased by F2P players, it does not mean F2P players have to put in more time to get the same thing.

Dude, you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Enough said, all further arguments are pointless.
Your first MMORPG, right?
(Edit: MMO -> MMORPG)

14 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Can you back up this statement with some reasoning?

It is not given by definition :P

32 minutes ago, nichii said:

To those whiners, NCsoft is not a company that feeds on oxygen and sunshine in order to keep them servers running

You must be a undercover NC soft employee getting paid minimum wage in marketing. Go lookup their income and financial projections. I've seen their advertisements showing up around certain networks and etc so they are spending money they are getting.

8 minutes ago, MerlinBG said:

Dude, don't get it wrong, we are all aware of this :)

P2W is just a business model, as several others. It is not good or bad, it simply is.

Nope P2W is bad and it always destroys a player base.  When you reward someone for giving you money instead of them earning it with work it just completely removes the value of the reward. In this case more specifically people are getting rewarded to spend and not play the game. So, why would everyone else actually spend time to play it?   

Do I grind my daily's for 2 months or should I spend 50$ on some keys?

and before the rest of you go stamping a label on my forehead I'm a Master pack founder won't be buying another membership at this rate though.   

5 minutes ago, Bretto said:

yoYou must be a undercover NC soft employee getting paid minimum wage in marketing. Go lookup their income and financial projections. I've seen their advertisements showing up around certain networks and etc so they are spending money they are getting.

Nope P2W is bad and it always destroys a player base.  When you reward someone for giving you money instead of them earning it with work it just completely removes the value of the reward. In this case more specifically people are getting rewarded to spend and not play the game. So, why would everyone else actually spend time to play it?   

Do I grind my daily's for 2 months or should I spend 50$ on some keys?

and before the rest of you go stamping a label on my forehead I'm a Master pack founder won't be buying another membership at this rate though.   

you have a freedom of speech and free will. And i dont work for ncsoft nor having minimum wage for them, just an ordinary player playing it casually and not a premium member and havent spend a single penny on this game either except for the VPN premium service im using. 

Then don't trash real F2P players for "whining" about shady Ncsoft practices and then act like Ncsoft is the victim when their pockets are lined with MY money not even yours.  You're worse than the people you describe.

On another note... Im really hoping the economy balances itself out with this next update in a week cause.... I'm really on the fence alot of my friends I managed to coax into playing quit and I don't have much holding me back from doing the same. Not gonna be able to keep up with the 600 aps and all the AP everything gems everyone seems to have now for spending. Unless, I shell out more dough.

47 minutes ago, Bretto said:

When you reward someone for giving you money instead of them earning it with work it just completely removes the value of the reward. In this case more specifically people are getting rewarded to spend and not play the game. So, why would everyone else actually spend time to play it?

Sorry to say this but P2W is just life it is... Richest people will pay for stuff in a blink of an eye and get what most people work hard all life to get and most of them don't even get in their life time! Richest ones will manage to get everything they want without any effort compared to those who put a lot of effort to get...got it?! so if you say something like this " So, why would everyone else actually spend time to play it? " I have to ask you... why you even bother to live/breath when life it self isi the same as p2w?! Get used to it...I'm sorry!

On 4/18/2016 at 10:39 AM, DeadlyCode said:

Now the valuable items in the event are: At the cost of $1,000 

Gems: Only 2 are tradable and they are extra rare, I only got 1 so far, others are rare but account bound

Naryu tablets: I have over 180 of those, I have chosen these over account bound gems many times

Soulstones: I have like 2.2K

Moonstones/Venom darts: 80-100 and 200-220 and i only reject these when something better comes up

EXP Coupons: Fragments usually come in 1 and 2s and the 100K ones only come with prizes that you wont give up for the EXP.

So yes, there is some advantage but do you really think it's worth the cost? Speaking for myself I don't think it even comes close to being worth the cost! If I had the time to do dailies and acquire everything by spending time in the game I would do that 30 times over spending this much money.

so you made 4.6k Gold roughly plus some gems for your alts for $1000.  That's quite a bit of spending money for the current content....

4 minutes ago, KAMIICHIBAN said:

Sorry to say this but P2W is just life it is... Richest people will pay for stuff in a blink of an eye and get what most people work hard all life to get and most of them don't even get in their life time! Richest ones will manage to get everything they want without any effort compared to those who put a lot of effort to get...got it?! so if you say something like this " So, why would everyone else actually spend time to play it? " I have to ask you... why you even bother to live/breath when life it self isi the same as p2w?! Get used to it...I'm sorry!

For the experience of living. Life sucks sure, p2win sucks too sure. But I still enjoy the content of the game and I'm not just gonna sit and accept the garbage quality of it though. However, when it is boring or becomes completely fruitless or I don't get any enjoyment out of it I will gladly rage quit life.(ok maybe not life) But BNS definately.

Well my opinion this is a special event for NCOIN users and F2P players can get some unsealing charms.. Why? Because a ncoin user can get 10x treasure and that's not enough they can unlock till last slot but what about a F2P player? Like NCSOFT didn't know what's coming, currency is pretty fked up now as we all know. So this is. Don't know what else to say.

Archived