Assassin - Crowd Control

My level is in the range 35-40. I have trouble every time a crowd of mobs comes at me. The only way I could deal with them is by staying in stealth. But when my decoy fails (very often especially with so many mobs), I'm next to being a goner. It's even worse when the mobs have long range attacks.

Poison Breath is very helpful. But sometimes, it's still cooling down when I need it. And I can't use shadow dash when the enemies are facing me.

Please give me some advice on how to cope with this difficulty. 

As a sin your not to good at crowd control i suggest playing to the strengths of your class and dispatching one at a time which you can do very well. It also helps to try and poison many enemies so you can shadow drain them into another stealth combo.

Poison Mine helps with this :)

Happy leveling Stay sharp and like the wind.

At lower levels when i was learning a SIN I used to use stealth then RMB>dark strike against lets say 3-4 enemies to lower their HP, while using shadow drain. Then as their HP is low I followed up with lightning Rod > poison breath to deliver the final blows.

Right now at higher levels fighting lets say up to 10 enemies, I aggro them all and use Lotus Fury (spec on left 3 points) on one enemy so they all gather together. I then use poison breath (spec all on left 3 points) then either go back into stealth or SS>RMB for lighting stride. Then use Decoy if i didnt go into stealth just in case something lived. Then attack as normal or use lightning rod if in stealth or fighting spirit (smash single targets)>lighting rod >poison breath. Depends on how many mobs there are and if you are by yourself or with a party. If im with a party i will use Lotus Fury to gather, stealth(w/e way u want) and use Bolt Strike(ani cancel with RMB) > lightning Rod > poison breath > SS > lightning stride, if necessary. 

Archived