Yeti Soul Shield - How much is it worth?

Moonwater refining stone are worthless.....you get tons of them from just doing instances. I still have about 300 of those sitting in my inventory xD.

Depending of which part of the Yeti SS, you can still farm it from the Yeti instance, but you have to bid against others, and ive seen ppl bidding 5-10g for just a piece ...

3 minutes ago, WayOfTheBacon said:

Moonwater refining stone are worthless.....you get tones of them from just doing instances. I still have about 300 of those sitting in my inventory xD.

Depending of which part of the Yeti SS, you can still farm it from the Yeti instance, but you have to bid against others, and ive seen ppl bidding 5-10g for just a piece ...

By "instances", do you mean daily quests? And it's the 8th piece.

8 minutes ago, Alter said:

By "instances", do you mean daily quests? And it's the 8th piece.

Nop, i meant the last boss in the heroic dungeons like skitteringTunnels, brightstone runes, hall of ogong, the pigsty and NaryuLab, and you also get the refining stone from the boss chests.

HERE is a discussion on the Yeti SS pieces with a googledoc spreadsheet with the stats. #8 gives quite good crit stat, you can get it from the Yeti dungeon(instance)...but....ppl bid that piece with ridiculous amount of gold.

39 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Thats really out dated information. 

You wont hit the needed accuracy with that

i am stacking DEF on KFM, 112% acc now. i wont be the one who CC bosses.

also, i want to see those 120% needed to boss.

3 minutes ago, Shukran said:

i am stacking DEF on KFM, 112% acc now. i wont be the one who CC bosses.

also, i want to see those 120% needed to boss.

literally next patch youll need 120%....its NOT optional 

Also just by default youll be able to fuse higher on any Yeti/Scorp shield so if youre still using Lab youre doing it wrong. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/htmlview?sle=true#

1 minute ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Also just by default youll be able to fuse higher on any Yeti/Scorp shield so if youre still using Lab youre doing it wrong. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/htmlview?sle=true#

yeah but i hope next patch i will get the missing amount of acc.

22 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Actually, it's quite possible to meet all checks anyway. Having 110% accuracy doesn't magically make you hit for 1 damage with all attacks. What you mean is that it's not BIS for one specific encounter that will be released on the 27th due to missing accuracy breakpoint. It's more valuable than other stats up to that breakpoint, but that does not mean it's an on-off switch.

Easiest to just do most yeti + 124 scorp and call it a day. Full yeti is still fine. Hell, full scorp won't even kill you, even if it's not all that good. Asura is the hardest thing we'll have for a good while, so you hardly even have to work past the yeti/scorp shield you can easily get soon after hitting 50 (because seriously, you can do 6-man Yeti with 300AP, no matter what idiots in cross-server dungeon think).

17 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

AAre you daft? You get a higher crit fuse with Yeti.

Actually even without factoring fuse Yeti is better by 600+ crit 

At the cost of HP among other stuff, when compared to lab.

14 hours ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Yeti can get you 121% 55% and 60K

I have 490 AP atm. With that as basis of my equipment would you think 55% + 60k is achieveable in full yeti? Becauase I have 1 2 scorpio, 3 yeti, 5 7  BSH and 4 6 8 Laby with 51% crit rate on 60kHP.

Because as I imagine 120% accu, 55% crit rate with 60k HP would be achievable in full yeti if you have full true pirate,siren, oath brace and/or better. 

I haven't personally encountered players with 60k HP on full yeti. Thanks again.

55% crit here with true pirate + lab 5 pieces + 3 pieces from yeti. Yeti seriously are overrated.  Lab is in generally better. Yeti might give you better crit but thats only on certain soulshield. Lab in some cases gives more. 55 extra crit so what even if you overall crit is 56% is it gonna do anything lol?  just wait till asura comes out then we will all go for that.

i just put this here ofc. this is not for me as dungeon needs end game web.   and that takes monts and monts to have

(1) Stat Requirements

Plenty of the bosses have dps requirements, and as such a certain amount of minimum AP is required. (afaik, the first, second and last boss). Aiming for about 520+ AP, combined with a decent crit value.

BUT, while doing damage with big hits is important, so is landing them. Mechanically this place also demands well timed CC's (but more on that later). To do this right, you need to have a accuracy value of 120%.

Last but not least is defensive stats. I highly recommend a decent/sizeable HP pool (50.000+ , exact values might differ). This is to prevent instant death from DoT-like damage. (for example from standing stuff, more on this later).

(2) Skills

Unlike previous dungeons, this one requires specific CC on specific fights. (Some even double CC) Here's a rundown of the absolute minimum.

First Boss (Golden Boy/Silver Boy- Name not final).

This set of bosses is the first encounter and the first "brain"check. Split your group evenly (3-3/2-2 , according to party size) but more importantanly , make sure you have ATLEAST one Knockdown (Green CC) available. Bonus points for double Knockdown. This is the only type of CC that really matters in this fight and actually deals with mechanics. Make sure you take a good look at your skills, see wich ones that actually KD and spec according to what your side of the party needs. (I recommend looking up a boss guide to see when to use this to prevent this post getting too long).
EDIT : as mentioned by 'Ychala', you will probably want to bring an extra set of non-knockdown double CC to prevent the tank's from dying. Ideally have someone (who isnt tanking) stand ready to Stun/Daze the boss on your side.

Second Boss (Balrok V2- Electric Boogaloo)

This is it boys... the party breaker! While having a certain CC requirement was bad enough, this one even kicks it up a notch. During this fight, the boss summons adds with either a Green or Blue color. These can ONLY be killed with a well-timed double cc of their respective color (double stun for blue, double knockdown for green). *cricket*ing up here has high consequences, so I recommend practicing double CC if it is available to you. You will need to pass this phase succesfully to prevent wiping to either boss mechanics or the enrage timer.

Third Boss (Fire Bird - Ice Bird).

The only "skill" that applies here is your standard dont stand in the fire

Last Boss (Asura)

While there is no real CC requirement for this boss, any of it is still welcome. Focus on staying alive and doing dps instead. Dont sacrifice important damage for CC, but for group wide survivability instead.

(3) Gear

There is only one Accesory that matters here (alongside those required to reach the stat requirements) and that is your belt. Your dps means nothing if you are dead, especially on asura. Not only does your belt give you the defensive stats you need to stay alive long enough, it comes with a sweet buff that prevents Asura's Brand ability. So yes, get your belt upgraded or grab yourself a substitute Scorpion Belt. This will allow you to use potions more effectively (more on this bellow).

Otherwise just use the soulshields/gear that allows you to get your stat requirements.

(4) Consumables (Highly Recommonded!)

Those of you who didnt grab merry potters/soul warden. This is where you shine.

ANTIDOTES, Silverfrost more specifically, you will want these for Asura, quite alot of them for your first few runs actually. So now is the time to stock up or find yourself a antidote buddyslave.

Healing Potions I think this one is pretty obvious.

Field Repair Hammers You want to keep atleast 10 of these around at all times. You really dont want to be the one who has 0 weapon durability, finally getting to asura, and realizing you cant repair when finally reaching him. (and thus having to tp out/running all the way back)

Dungeon Escape Charm Not only does this place make it difficult for you to run back (in case you forgot your hammers), its time consuming. Spare yourself from hateful comments and get yourself some silverfrost dungeon escape charms.

(5) Final Word

I hope this helped some of you (or reminded veterans) on what to do to prepare as much as you can to tackle this place. There are plenty of boss guides that you can look at for in-depth strategy and mental preparation. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). Feel free to comment anything you would like to add, or mistakes I made making this list.

Good Luck ! May RNGESUS be with you.

Archived