Whats with these screen freezes/skill delays?

Grimstar

Lately when i'm in combat, i keep pressing skills but nothing happens, once in a while i land a hit, (like i press a skill and 2-5s later it hits) especially at harvest.

I dont know alot about pc's but i wonder where the problem might be? It's coming to a point i'm getting frustrated with playing and log out, while i really like this game. 

Specs: AMD Radeon R9 280, AMD FX-6300 Six-core cpu, 8 gb RAM

Some people tell me it might be my cpu, since the game only uses 1 core? Others tell me to get 16 gb ram? Maybe it's just the game, but then again... how come others can play without a problem? 

I think it's about your connection since you get delayed when you use your skills. (We could have an idea about the problem if you can do a speedtest and share the results here)

If the problem was about your pc configurations or something like that you would be getting low fps, stuttering and screen freezes.

You need to check your ping in game when you doing those contents you having problem.

Open cmd as Adminstrator and type these in order ;

ipconfig/release

ipconfig/renew

ipconfig/flushdns

netsh winsock reset

Restart your computer and check again, those might help in some cases.

Note : It could be temporarily lag spikes as well recently you having, it is something about your connection once again. (Any background apps, torrent, other users who use your connection might cause this.)

5260866012.png 

i dont think its my internet.

my fps and ping ingame;

bns.jpg

Even when i'm standing here, at mushin, i have skill delay. As u can see my ping and fps is fine. I basicly cant do anything anymore, i even lag in arena. 

Weird, cause a friend of mine lives in the same city, 5km from me (same isp), and has exactly the same problems as me.

1 hour ago, 884156_1452550506 said:

5260866012.png 

i dont think its my internet.

my fps and ping ingame;

bns.jpg

Even when i'm standing here, at mushin, i have skill delay. As u can see my ping and fps is fine. I basicly cant do anything anymore, i even lag in arena. 

Weird, cause a friend of mine lives in the same city, 5km from me (same isp), and has exactly the same problems as me.

If the same thing happening to your friend you might want to call your ISP and ask about the current issue you have. (Suspicious)

I don't think your hardware or heating problem (If you have) cause this problem.

If you are playing at EU server you need to test your ping with "Frankfurt" servers, find the Frankfurt on map at Speedtest and click.

Are there applications doing download at background when you playing the game or any software update maybe ?

I just look at the topic again and you say that having screen freeze as well.

Skill delay (Which is about connection mostly) and screen freezing (Could be Hardware or Software problem) quite different things from each other.

I think you should try to call your ISP first and check if there is anything wrong because of your friend's situation which is same with yours.

Nowadays every member on my party complains of constant screen freezes.How comes the situation occur same time for all party members while we are in teamspeak you can hear ''SCREEN FREEZE!!! wth LAAAG'' just in same moment ? You can have a NASA pc ,this game its just bad optimized.

16 minutes ago, Windy said:

Nowadays every member on my party complains of constant screen freezes.How comes the situation occur same time for all party members while we are in teamspeak you can hear ''SCREEN FREEZE!!! wth LAAAG'' just in same moment ? You can have a NASA pc ,this game its just bad optimized.

People say that but I think there is something else also about "Screen Freeze" and "Fps" problems.

I know some people who has lower, same or close PC Configuration to mine but have no problems that I have.

19 hours ago, JustEVIL said:

If the same thing happening to your friend you might want to call your ISP and ask about the current issue you have. (Suspicious)

I don't think your hardware or heating problem (If you have) cause this problem.

If you are playing at EU server you need to test your ping with "Frankfurt" servers, find the Frankfurt on map at Speedtest and click.

Are there applications doing download at background when you playing the game or any software update maybe ?

I just look at the topic again and you say that having screen freeze as well.

Skill delay (Which is about connection mostly) and screen freezing (Could be Hardware or Software problem) quite different things from each other.

I think you should try to call your ISP first and check if there is anything wrong because of your friend's situation which is same with yours.

My pc's average temp is 45°, so it aint overheating.

My ping to frankfurt;

5263022991.png

I could call my ISP, but what can i say? That a game lags? They probly cant help me either. Every other online game i play is fine.

I'm starting to think its just the bns servers, i heard they are located in texas? Today i logged in, and things work fine, while yesterday and sunday i had skill delays.

The weird thing is, that when alot of people are on the servers, i get skill delay. When it aint so busy, i can play normally. I showed u my ping ingame, which is more then fine.

So it aint my internet and it aint my pc, only 1 conclusion i have is that it's the servers, but then again... Why are there only a few people have this problem?

Everything seems fine, I don't understand what cause this issue.

You might want to send a ticket to support team and see if you can solve the problem with them and please share with us if you can find out what is troubling actually.

NA : Texas

EU : Frankfurt

8 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

no, seems to be a lot of people who play in EU region have the same issues. When asking for help or a solution, it probably is best if you state which region you play in.. NA or EU. Your issue is your region not your system setup. 

He is playing at EU server probably (If there is no "Skyborn" clan at NA), I play at EU server too but never had this problem for too long as he has.

I mean of course sometimes there are lag spikes and delay but not quite often as he complain and I have more ping than he has.

I have the same problem, not an internet problem, not a hardware problem, not just me, a lot of people have the same problem.
I already ask for help with a ticket so NCsoft maybe know something that can help if they answer i'll tell you.
This problem has like 1 week, after the last patch...

22 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

no, seems to be a lot of people who play in EU region have the same issues. When asking for help or a solution, it probably is best if you state which region you play in.. NA or EU. Your issue is your region not your system setup. 

I play in EU region, i dont have a solution yet, but in the weekend a friend is coming over with his pc (which is 5y older then mine, but he has almost no problems with bns). If his pc has no problems playing at my home, then i know its my pc. He has an Intel cpu, i have a Amd cpu. IF bns runs smooth on his pc here, then i know it's probly my cpu. I heard Intel cpu's run mmorpg's alot smoother, so i hope thats the problem.

13 hours ago, Dartaz said:

I have the same problem, not an internet problem, not a hardware problem, not just me, a lot of people have the same problem.
I already ask for help with a ticket so NCsoft maybe know something that can help if they answer i'll tell you.
This problem has like 1 week, after the last patch...

Same here, it all started after that last patch. I already had some fps drops ( from 60 to 20-30), but i could live with that. But since that patch, i'm getting skill delays/freezes, which became unplayable. U say alot of people have this problem, but only 2-3 people from the 70 people in my guild have this problem, and it's mostly cause they play on an old pc/laptop.

Guys for the people that have problems with lag and hard delay, i  find a way to fix it, maybe this work for you too.
Open the game like admin, and when you're in game, press ctrl+shift+esc (windows 7 i don't know if it works the same way in windows 8 and 10)
Then go to services, and press right click on the Client, then in priority select high priority.
I hope this can help you, good luck guys.

Archived