Forums

Asking for a refund

So, i had it with this game and NCSoft, the game is unplayable by me for the past 2 weeks, i have tried everything, contacting support just gets me an automated bot response (adding salt to the wound since the game is already full of bots).

I have insane frame drops that i absolutely can't fix from my end, i don't know if its game guard or whatever else.

I want to ask for a refund but i want to know how this thing works, i am fully aware that my account will get permanently banned.

I also am almost fully geared and spent close to 500 pounds on this game already, i wonder where are my money going since i can't even play the game.

I have tried TW client, i have 100 fps+, constantly, rarely drops close to 80, but never lower.

I also had a lot of luck with Trove chests, but at this point, i rly don't care, i spent ~50 pounds on keys and got 1x red gem, 1x blue gem, HM Decoy, 1000+ Soulstones, 300+ Ignots, 90 Honorary Ornaments. (just in case someone will say that i want a refund for bad luck).

So yeah, i want a refund on what i spent on this game, since i am unable to play it because of the company, not because of me. 

Also, do you see my nickname on forum? I sent 3 tickets regarding the fact that i can't edit my forum profile (in the past 2 months), only automated bot responses, never a fix.

That sucks. Have you tried using the money that you spend on the game to upgrade your computer to see if that would help. I'm no expert but I upgraded my memory card after I started this game and it made a big difference. I dunno, just wondering if it's computer problem.

Have you tried this tips ? 

I tried the "affinity" trick on client.exe and gamemon.des and it's better for my FPS stutters, they're almost gone, it's way more playable now. Try this trick and the NVidia inspector trick too (in the same topic).

they didn't force you to spend so why would they refund you?. you should have checked how the game will go in your end first and see if its ok and worth it before you even spend cash in it, like most smart gamer's do. i earn my own money so i make sure the publisher can provide me a really good gaming experience before i even spend cash on them, if they can't then id rather play the game for free at least i won't regret it in the end. i feel like ill get banned again with this remark but.., got money but no brains bruh? don't spend mama and papa's money so fast bruh   :D    . if you earned it, be smarter next time then. 

op, you dont sound like you want to quit at all. You sound sad you cannot play a game that you love, I completely understand. I also understand WHY you feel this way. Seemingly nothing is being done on ncs side to address the performance / playability / bot / hack / etc issues that are ruining a awesome game. Ncs is making things worse on themselves by having 0 dialogue with us over these issues. 

You should not ask for a refund, that isnt what you want. Ask them for what you really want, which is a playable game.

Give this thread a shot, this dude has put in a lot of work to improve this game for himself and his friends and is willing to do what ncs should be doing (helping people enjoy this wonderful game). 

if you want give up on your acc you just need charge back from Paypal or call the bank and you get your money back plus your acc/credit card permanently banned from ncsoft games.

ncsoft will not give your money back, you need go to the 3rd party.

2 hours ago, forpnstone1 said:

they didn't force you to spend so why would they refund you?. you should have checked how the game will go in your end first and see if its ok and worth it before you even spend cash in it, like most smart gamer's do. i earn my own money so i make sure the publisher can provide me a really good gaming experience before i even spend cash on them, if they can't then id rather play the game for free at least i won't regret it in the end. i feel like ill get banned again with this remark but.., got money but no brains bruh? don't spend mama and papa's money so fast bruh   :D    . if you earned it, be smarter next time then. 

I earn my own money also, and quite a lot to be honest. I had no problems apart from the epic shitty lag in Arena, because of how poorly they managed the rooting to servers. These insane fps drops started ~2 weeks ago. I am smart, i invested in a game i rly like, but the game became unplayable to me due to fps drops.

You throw words and insults like you are "the shit", you are not the only one that earns their own money my friend, and the way you talk tells me you barely make the minimum wage or you work for few months, maybe a year tops, and you try to feel superior somehow. "Get banned again", see? Before you tell others to be smart and shit, how about you do something about yourself first? Feed your brain a bit.

Also, a word of advice, never use "bruh" if you want to insult someone for not being mature or spending their parents money. But hey, it's the internet, where useless people like you can make themselves feel better by insulting others. You are doing a great service to society.

if you're smart then why ask for a refund? but then again if you earn a lot then, why ask for a refund? you don't need to be that smart to know when to ask for a refund. you're the only person i saw in this forum to make a post and ask for a refund just because they experience inconvenience in game. just the fact that you ask for a refund with those reasons that i can already tell  you don't earn that much or maybe you don't at all lol. no need to tell how much one earns, this is about common sense about refunds LOL. whats the difference between you who ask for a refund because you can't play smoothly despite you paying for nccoins and someone who ask for a refund because they cant play BnS in their mobile phone?, nothing, because ncsoft never offered smooth gameplay in exchange of an amount of cash, nor did they offered the availability of BnS for a mobile phone, but they offered nccoins for cash, if you don't get your nccoin after cashing out you can ask for a refund! if you got your nccoin , bought stuff with it and didn't get it you can ask for a refund! if you bought nccoin, purchased and got an item but its bugged or not working as intended and they don't resolve it, you can ask for a refund. did they sell something like "0 lag no fps drop for 10$ monthly" or something like? if they did  then ask for a refund. if you can't play the game then go quit, if you can't play the game but still want to play then deal with it [moderated content]

Why should he/she not ask for a refund?

The game was playable for him/her 2 months ago, that is why he/she have spend money. Now the company is not fixing the problems he/she is facing.

If you are really smart as you claim, then you should know that a customer does not pay only to play the game. He/She is also entitled to proper support from the company, which in this case is not happening.

I am not even going to discuss the stupid example of asking for a refund for not being able to play on mobiles. Not worth my time.

if you're smart then why ask for a refund? but then again if you earn a lot then, why ask for a refund? you don't need to be that smart to know when to ask for a refund. you're the only person i saw in this forum to make a post and ask for a refund just because they experience inconvenience in game. just the fact that you ask for a refund with those reasons that i can already tell  you don't earn that much or maybe you don't at all lol. no need to tell how much one earns, this is about common sense about refunds LOL. whats the difference between you who ask for a refund because you can't play smoothly despite you paying for nccoins and someone who ask for a refund because they cant play BnS in their mobile phone?, nothing, because ncsoft never offered smooth gameplay in exchange of an amount of cash, nor did they offered the availability of BnS for a mobile phone, but they offered nccoins for cash, if you don't get your nccoin after cashing out you can ask for a refund! if you got your nccoin , bought stuff with it and didn't get it you can ask for a refund! if you bought nccoin, purchased and got an item but its bugged or not working as intended and they don't resolve it, you can ask for a refund. did they sell something like "0 lag no fps drop for 10$ monthly" or something like? if they did  then ask for a refund. if you can't play the game then go quit, if you can't play the game but still want to play then deal with it [moderated content]

First of all, stop insulting, second, my income has nothing to do with me wanting a refund because i can't enjoy the game, by a problem that's on NCSoft's side. 

Let me tell you something about quality of service, when you pay for 1 Year premium like me and many others, spend ~500 pounds on this game, like many others, i can't help but wonder where my money goes. I am 100% they are making way more than what they need to provide very good Technical Support and very good hardware + network. Now you see? 

I will get my chargeback because i already contacted my Bank. 

Do you want to know what smart is? Charging back, that's smart, i don't want to charge back my 1 year subscription, or my other hundreds of pounds that i spent more than 1 month ago, i want the charge back on ~80 pounds. I enjoyed the game when i spent ~400+, but the quality is utter shit right now, and i can't even stay online to play.

Just so you know, i got replies about my fps spikes from support, do you wanna know what they did?

They told me to reset my network, told me to add something there, and they said it might fix my fps drops. Now, imagine my surprise after i did all that, i can't even login into the game anymore, when my char loads, i get disconnected from the server. Before the Support answered me, at least i could stay online with huge fps spikes, now, after support told me how to fix it, i can't even access my characters.xgd86id.jpgx8k3pim.jpg

Thats some top quality support there my friend.

So yeah dude, this is why i wan't a refund. After that error, 1 min after i sent back the hijack file and screen of the error i got a bot reply (again) to repair my game files and guess what? IT DIDNT FIX SHIT.

LE: More automated bot response :xz417f4.jpg

2 hours ago, 897203_1452550627 said:

First of all, stop insulting, second, my income has nothing to do with me wanting a refund because i can't enjoy the game, by a problem that's on NCSoft's side. 

Let me tell you something about quality of service, when you pay for 1 Year premium like me and many others, spend ~500 pounds on this game, like many others, i can't help but wonder where my money goes. I am 100% they are making way more than what they need to provide very good Technical Support and very good hardware + network. Now you see? 

I will get my chargeback because i already contacted my Bank. 

Do you want to know what smart is? Charging back, that's smart, i don't want to charge back my 1 year subscription, or my other hundreds of pounds that i spent more than 1 month ago, i want the charge back on ~80 pounds. I enjoyed the game when i spent ~400+, but the quality is utter shit right now, and i can't even stay online to play.

Just so you know, i got replies about my fps spikes from support, do you wanna know what they did?

They told me to reset my network, told me to add something there, and they said it might fix my fps drops. Now, imagine my surprise after i did all that, i can't even login into the game anymore, when my char loads, i get disconnected from the server. Before the Support answered me, at least i could stay online with huge fps spikes, now, after support told me how to fix it, i can't even access my characters.xgd86id.jpgx8k3pim.jpg

Thats some top quality support there my friend.

So yeah dude, this is why i wan't a refund. After that error, 1 min after i sent back the hijack file and screen of the error i got a bot reply (again) to repair my game files and guess what? IT DIDNT FIX SHIT.

LE: More automated bot response :xz417f4.jpg

i dont think you are allowed to post screenshots of the conversation between you and customer support

4 hours ago, GlowLight said:

i dont think you are allowed to post screenshots of the conversation between you and customer support

Ive seen it done quite a few times before and never noticed one being deleted. He did remove the employee names, so I do not really see a problem with it tbh. 

whatever the reason is, you cannot ask for a refund (afaik). 

im pretty sure, somewhere in the TOS you agreed when u downloaded the game, there is a subparagraph about it. im not sure, but i already read it in almost every other game, so i extend the trust to this game.

have you tried to ask refund by tickets instead of forum, which is useless other than making fun with other users?

1 minute ago, Shukran said:

whatever the reason is, you cannot ask for a refund (afaik). 

im pretty sure, somewhere in the TOS you agreed when u downloaded the game, there is a subparagraph about it. im not sure, but i already read it in almost every other game, so i extend the trust to this game.

have you tried to ask refund by tickets instead of forum, which is useless other than making fun with other users?

He does not actually want a refund, he wants the game to work. You can tell from his posts he knows how to get a refund, he wants ncs to care, to actually do there jobs and assist him in getting back into the game that he is actively supporting. He is pissed off, just like you or I would be if we were unable to play at all. 

10 years ago, this would not have happened in a online game. Forums support existed and was quite good, real humans were manning phones 24 hours a day to assist customers with in game and technical issues. Gaming companies have gotten so greedy / lazy with there approach to service that people are sick of it. The current gaming industry is failing to give the customer what it wants and someday a company will come along with a solid game and REAL support / service and shutdown these corporate thugs or force them to change there service practices or become defunct. 

If you are not reading the posts, why are you posting? Just to get post count? If more ppl would post useful things, maybe NC Soft will start giving a shit, but when ppl like you come that just post for more post counts, (btw, your *cricket* will stay the same size, even if you get to 1 million posts) they will just treat it like another thread full of trolls and people with down's. 

so maybe write it in a better way.

your thread in a nutshell:

-  u have conctacted ncsoft

- you are geared

- u tried other clients

- u want refund

send more tickets than 3 then? i just wrote 1 replying in it when needed. if they cannot do as fast u you want or as much as u pretend, leave.

edit: u also posted lately your trove drops. they were a lot.

Archived