Sign in to follow this  
Adevi

Just another day in SSP

Recommended Posts

I killed one of the speed hackers on our server last night, I was rather proud of myself.

 

But really, bots are one thing, I somewhat expect them in any popular MMO, and I don't expect them to be handled instantly between the hundreds of them be created every day, and the need to let them "roam free" for a while so they can be traced back to the gold seller's "bank" characters.

 

But players hacking left and right is a problem, even if it doesn't directly affect me, it's still frustrating to see half the players in arena/ssp using some kind of hack, and knowing they'll likely quit before they're ever banned.

 

The main reason for this is Gameguard being one of the most useless pieces of software since it's conception, it hinders legit players with crashes and errors, and is bypassed with ease by any and all botters/hackers.

 

It's been useless for every company that's ever used it, it's never done it's job only instead causing problems for actual players, and yet... it's still used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KuroTeikokuNoRyuu said:

I killed one of the speed hackers on our server last night, I was rather proud of myself.

 

But really, bots are one thing, I somewhat expect them in any popular MMO, and I don't expect them to be handled instantly between the hundreds of them be created every day, and the need to let them "roam free" for a while so they can be traced back to the gold seller's "bank" characters.

 

But players hacking left and right is a problem, even if it doesn't directly affect me, it's still frustrating to see half the players in arena/ssp using some kind of hack, and knowing they'll likely quit before they're ever banned.

 

The main reason for this is Gameguard being one of the most useless pieces of software since it's conception, it hinders legit players with crashes and errors, and is bypassed with ease by any and all botters/hackers.

 

It's been useless for every company that's ever used it, it's never done it's job only instead causing problems for actual players, and yet... it's still used.

more like expect them in any popular F2P mmo , yeah I've seen them in the past in other games but never on this scale though , ofcz players start using hacks because the company seems to do jack about the bots , i reported few bots in SS plains 2 weeks ago and they're still there happily collecting stuff , the only thing that changed in the last 2 weeks is , the amount of bots , speed hackers have increased in number rather than diminishing in number , its sad really 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aethyr said:

ANY and I MEAN ANY Anti-cheat can be bypassed when there's interests in it.

I'm aware, but GameGuard is like leaving your car windows down in a bad neighborhood, and just hiding your valuables under the seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smerte   

yess lol .. u need eyes in backhead for noticing where they are gonna gun u from xD lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatHead   
7 hours ago, xwindbladex said:

 ofcz players start using hacks because the company seems to do jack about the bots

A LOT of players seem to be doing this, and this is very unfortunate. Whatever competitive integrity this game had in pvp / pve is quickly being irrevocably harmed.

 

Players are cheating because it is obvious ncs is doing Nothing to combat these hacks / cheats / bots. Eventually people just say fck it, why should I quest for 4 hours for a small gain when I can set up 5 bots to farm for me with ZERO risk.

 

If you are holding back on a large ban wave ncs, you NEED to go ahead and drop that hammer. This has went on long enough that you should address the player base and apologize for your extremely slow response to a very serious threat to this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when GMs actually did their jobs and were in game banning people whether they were invisible doing it or names in Yellow doing it.  I guess having actual support for a game is too much these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rhapsodical said:

I remember when GMs actually did their jobs and were in game banning people whether they were invisible doing it or names in Yellow doing it.  I guess having actual support for a game is too much these days.

well they do a good job in banning people from forums and deleting stuff whenever you post something about a botter or hacker , its pointless to report them at the moment , i reported some bots 2 weeks ago and they're still farming in SS plains 24x7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this