Forums

Assassins running away

Stormpooper

Seems like there's been a spike in these a-holes since arena was reset. All they do is sprint and teleport in, (evade if you try to lunar slash them - thanks devs) use the same combo (if you can catch them they'll just flash you and do the combo anyway) then they net, run away and repeat the same sh*t. If you can somehow get near them or otherwise threaten them, they will just smokebomb, lotus or switch you (BMs can't get close enough to sin without either getting countered or switched cuz can't block while moving). How do I fight them?? Some are not even interested in killing me at all, once i spent over a minute wallhugging with 5k hp while sin was at 20k. He just stood 30 m away watching me..

Five-Point Strike will continue to attack through their teleport switch thing. I used to suck vs Sins but here's some advice;

If they're in stealth, get ready to hit lunar slash the second you see them teleport behind you. This will stop you being flashbanged and stunned, and will also daze them, potentially causing them to tab roll, which you can SS or q/e.

If you have it, use winged protector as soon as you get flashed, to stop them setting poison and their kunai. You can also block their switching thing altho it's hard to see. 

If they stunlock you, for the most part just let them unless you're about to die, save your tab for when they web and start doing the lightning sword stuff.

Most of what you told me are the normal tactics to dealing with sins. However that is not the problem I have. Winged protector would help if I had it, though. Also, don't get used to 5 pt on decoy, I've already fought a few sins with HM decoy and the number of them is just going to increase.
You see, the problem is that these sins are looking for a time to tab on purpose - trying to get me flashed when I don't expect it - even after a kd. Once they press tab, it's too late to q/e or ss. after they get me flashed, they will just execute their normal combo, net me and run away to wait until tab is up again. if I go after them, I can't catch them because they have the lotus, movement skills to get away and I leave myself open for switch - I can't block while moving towards them. After tab is up, they will just sprint, teleport in and repeat the same thing again and again. I need a way to either prevent me from getting flashed or to catch them when they try to get away.

Learn how to bait tab's without getting hit by the defensive mechanism (usually daze, but in Assassin's case flash bomb). This can be done in a number of ways, like backing off after a CC if you suspect they will tab, Q/E/SS, winged protector, etc. however winged protector is better saved for while they are already in stealth or if you happen to get hit by the flash. You need to be able to hold assassin in a long CC once you catch them in order to do this, but not for the purpose of dealing damage to them.

Assassin is probably one of the only classes that will tab a knockdown (after aerial especially) even if it is not a tech chase. If they are falling down after an aerial, immediately Q/E before using X/C (guard break spec) if they went for ground counter instead of tab. Right after you hit them with that you need to SS out of there and then ie. raid for CC extension and E + more CC before backing out again. Lightning draw (10k spec) has 8m range so you can actually deal a heavy hit to them and potentially make them panic tab. If they don't you can flicker stun and more flicker until you proc a crit for flash step and then E again and so on but you get the idea. You need to have the mindset with assassin that any time they are CC'd you want to Q/E/SS right away. Note: even if they have their flower you still want to do all this. If an assassin senses that they can go offensive and flash bomb you instead of using flower and fk you up, they will do it.

As for getting swapped, block > walk a little forward > block again while spamming Q. The assassin is actually the one who wants to engage you because if they don't, the lotus timer runs out and you can get their tab out very easily. Our SS actually has 2 second immune which is one of the best SS, meaning you can stay just out of range and then do a 180 and SS towards them + 5 point strike. If you do it properly (get the timing + camera work down tight) you will immune the swap, and since they were camping that key it means they will not hit a woodblock in time. To be able to reach diamond level as BM one of the things that is necessary is being good at using SS, so being able to aim your 180 + SS without leaving your backside undefended for more than ~0.25 seconds is important in general.

Also when they sprint and teleport in, it is much better to V and not lunar slash because 1) it has a larger radius and 2) it knocks them away from you, meaning if they decide to tab that you will not get hit by flash bomb. 3) Your C lightning rod daze will go through the woodblock (because it is a ground based AoE, not because it pierces defense) meaning you can do a sort of tech chase with it and not have to worry about the woodblock. This will keep them in CC, and because they just F rolled + got dazed, their only option left is tab since you can't sprint if you want to set flower. If they decide to tab at this point you are still at a range and do not have to worry about flash bomb. 4) If they do not go into stealth your X in flock of blades will block the swap projectile. If they do go into stealth it will block the kunai. 5) If you wait a couple seconds and then use whirling scourge it will buy you time and make it so that you only have to worry about blocking your back because they cannot approach you without getting knocked out during it. Also last but not least 5) you do not want to hit your tab escape by accident while trying to lunar slash

All around, if you can knock them out with V off the sprint you are in a very advantageous position.

I won't argue with this but I'm worried that V right off the bat might be a bad idea - even if I can get their tab, they will still have the flower and the smoke bomb to set, giving enough time to stall until it is up as well as possibly get sprint again. Meanwhile I have to wait 20 seconds until flock of blades is up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/4/2016 at 7:34 PM, Stormpooper said:

Seems like there's been a spike in these a-holes since arena was reset. All they do is sprint and teleport in, (evade if you try to lunar slash them - thanks devs) use the same combo (if you can catch them they'll just flash you and do the combo anyway) then they net, run away and repeat the same sh*t. If you can somehow get near them or otherwise threaten them, they will just smokebomb, lotus or switch you (BMs can't get close enough to sin without either getting countered or switched cuz can't block while moving). How do I fight them?? Some are not even interested in killing me at all, once i spent over a minute wallhugging with 5k hp while sin was at 20k. He just stood 30 m away watching me..

U said u wall hug so why sin have to come to u n not the opposite?

This thread was kinda dead.
Anyway, sins have massive speed increase while stealthed (most of the fight), untargeted movement skills let you go over 20 meters (not sure how much really) AND you have a lotus. With it, you can teleport to the other side of the arena. Meanwhile, without a target, BMs can move 8 meters backwards. If a sin didn't want to come near me, how do you suggest I get to HIM?

Archived