Sudako

Helpful tips for reducing freezes stuttering and crashing in populated fights along with general fps boost

Recommended Posts

Hello,first of all congrats for the post,i think many ppl have fps problems and u will help em,as nc doesnt.Anyway i dont know much for pcs,i am using i7 and havent got which cores should i check or not

 

p.s. My fps problems started after last maintenance/update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   
7 minutes ago, Polyeleoc said:

Hello,first of all congrats for the post,i think many ppl have fps problems and u will help em,as nc doesnt.Anyway i dont know much for pcs,i am using i7 and havent got which cores should i check or not

 

p.s. My fps problems started after last maintenance/update.

for a I7 4 core you want to leave the check marks on cores 0, 2, 4, 6   for client.exe  on gamemon.des you want to have  1,3,5,7 checked or just any one of those

if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuroha   

Just a quick question. When I click on client.exe and try to select Set Affinity, I get, "This operation could not be completed. Access denied." >.<; Am I doing something wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   

@Kuroha

is your user account for that pc admin . the other options is checking show processes from all users.

option three is close out the game right click on the blade and soul launcher go to properties then the compatability tab

you will see a check box for run this program as administrator check it

then navigate to your NCsoft folder then BnS then bin and do the same to client.exe you might see it just as client 

it will say application in the details.

after you have done this restart the game and you should be able to change the settings.

Edited by Sudako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuroha   
2 minutes ago, Sudako said:

@Kuroha

is your user account for that pc admin . the other options is checking show processes from all users.

option three is close out the game right click on the blade and soul launcher go to properties then the compatability tab

you will see a check box for run this program as administrator check it

then navigate to your NCsoft folder then BnS then bin and do the same to client.exe you might see it just as client 

it will say application in the details.

after you have done this restart the game and you should be able to change the settings.

Thank you! That helped! ;w;/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey there. thanks for the guide. I have one problem though, the settings won't save.

 

after setting priority and setting affinity, i restarted blade and soul. opened task manager again and checked the priority and affinity settings, the settings went back to what it was before with everything checked.

 

is there a way to save the settings or am i required to do this everytime i open the game? 

 

thanks.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   
3 minutes ago, 898429_1452550639 said:

hey there. thanks for the guide. I have one problem though, the settings won't save.

 

after setting priority and setting affinity, i restarted blade and soul. opened task manager again and checked the priority and affinity settings, the settings went back to what it was before with everything checked.

 

is there a way to save the settings or am i required to do this everytime i open the game? 

 

thanks.  

 

 

I am sorry  for now you will have to do these step every time you log in. There are 2 reasons i can not give any one a way to do this automaticaly

one is game guard i would have tell you how to disable it. or how to launch the client.exe without the launcher but those things are required by ncsoft.

if we were able to have a shortcut just for client.exe i could have you all just add this to the targe path of the shortcut. this one would be for i7 processors

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 1365 "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\client.exe"

and then i could just make a table for every ones cores to enable or disable. 

you can even try and get ncsoft to ask the developers have the client look for an affinity mask in the config file. the Unreal Engine supports it.

but right now this is just not possible so i am sorry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   

so, I did the max performance power thingy in global settings and froze for 50 seconds for the first time yesterday, guess I'm not going to check the rest of "fixes" :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   

Im sorry to hear that Nattia if you want to tell me more about you issues i can try and help . the setting prefer max preformance is more about stuttering in frames and not all around freezing. Freezing is caused but either the cpu having qued instructions or file permission making instructions time out.

7 minutes ago, Nattia said:

so, I did the max performance power thingy in global settings and froze for 50 seconds for the first time yesterday, guess I'm not going to check the rest of "fixes" :P

if you want to tell me more about you system i will tailor a plan just for you to get your game  going a bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonnz01   

Hey bro I got optimized for combat and  all the sliders are on 2 everything else is default I didn't do the sli stuff am I suppose to follow that step too as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   
14 minutes ago, Tonnz01 said:

Hey bro I got optimized for combat and  all the sliders are on 2 everything else is default I didn't do the sli stuff am I suppose to follow that step too as well

No Sli stuff is only for those using two nvidia cards at a time but you can press alt and enter at the same time to get a real full screen mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatHead   

So, I havent tried any of these steps yet. Wanted your opinion of which I should try first. I play the game at 80 - 120 fps most always, except for ssp, ghs, bw, Bae Lee etc., large groups of people cause me to be between 15 - 30 fps. I can cntrl f and get to about 40 fps (which is still a huge dps loss and tons of lost time avoiding ground aoes or getting hit by quick ones still), but I do not wish to play the game that way. Every computer I ever had before I worked up the nerve to assemble this one was garbage, so I am pretty adamant on playing on decent settings. 

 

 

 

9ZptjJ3.jpgUeq8W1h.jpg

sLQhDBV.jpgMBs4klH.jpg?1

2unSTg0.jpg

 

The above is my computer info, I am using a ssd 240 evo for bns and windows 7 and have a 1tb spinner for most other stuff. 

 

jHEYPDE.jpg

I am using a outdated Nvdia driver because all of the new ones seem to actually decrease my performance in bns and quite frankly I am tired of rolling back to this one, so I kinda wanna stay here until a new driver has something to improve bns or this one becomes problematic. *Also, I have found that being optimized for combat makes my performance worse in high traffic areas, my gpu usage plumets (with or without Opt for combat, but seems worse with opt for combat on).*

 

Outside of high traffic areas this game runs perfectly currently, 80 - 120 fps the vast majority of the time.

 

Which steps should I follow, or will this thread assist me. Whether or not you able to assist me, I am very glad to see someone willing to give up there free time to help those who ncs should be helping themselves.

Edited by KatHead
Correct info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi sudaku, first of all, really nice work here!! gj!

but I have some doubts here :\

I have a simple and kinda old nvidia gt 540m and a intel i5-2410M 2.30 GHz

So I skipped all the SLI part, but I setted nvidia to optimized performance and did the first part, the one about the cores.

 

I checked for client.exe cpu1-2-3

setted the priority on over normal

checked for gamemon.des cpu0

 

I did not notice some improvement in performance but the sound is weird too after the cores options setted. it stutters like fps.

Did I do something wrong or just my pc has just no hope for this game? (the poor thyngy has like 5 years now)

I surely do not expect to have 60+ fps on ghs or even in the solo mushin tower.

I just hope in a clean 20-25 fps in pvp (expecially the first pvps of the day have extremely fps stuttering and/or fps drop)(not to mention 3v3 where it is even worse :( )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   
5 hours ago, Sudako said:

Im sorry to hear that Nattia if you want to tell me more about you issues i can try and help . the setting prefer max preformance is more about stuttering in frames and not all around freezing. Freezing is caused but either the cpu having qued instructions or file permission making instructions time out.

if you want to tell me more about you system i will tailor a plan just for you to get your game  going a bit better.

hey, sent u my specs, thanks for being helpful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saajuk   
11 hours ago, Sudako said:

so i did everything u said and it helped a bit i guess but when u go into fullscreen mode with tab + alt + enter my frames max out at 60 instead of 80-90. any ideas why? sorry this things in quotes lol i dont know why its doing this but i cant even delete it, buggy

nvm I had vsync on

Edited by Saajuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   
21 minutes ago, Tonnz01 said:

Hey sudaku so am I suppose to follow the steps too that involves pressing alt and enter

yes tonnz  do the Alt and enter part for fullscreen nothing with nvidia inspector.

 

Also good morning to all i will try and get to you post in a timely manner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonnz01   

Oh and another question bro would upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 64 bit improve my fps ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   
4 hours ago, DrDoylock said:

hi sudaku, first of all, really nice work here!! gj!

but I have some doubts here :\

I have a simple and kinda old nvidia gt 540m and a intel i5-2410M 2.30 GHz

So I skipped all the SLI part, but I setted nvidia to optimized performance and did the first part, the one about the cores.

 

I checked for client.exe cpu1-2-3

setted the priority on over normal

checked for gamemon.des cpu0

 

I did not notice some improvement in performance but the sound is weird too after the cores options setted. it stutters like fps.

Did I do something wrong or just my pc has just no hope for this game? (the poor thyngy has like 5 years now)

I surely do not expect to have 60+ fps on ghs or even in the solo mushin tower.

I just hope in a clean 20-25 fps in pvp (expecially the first pvps of the day have extremely fps stuttering and/or fps drop)(not to mention 3v3 where it is even worse :( )

 

mobile processors are a little different as i5's are only dual cores with hyper threading and i7's are quad cores without

for the mobile i5 please use even cores for BnS and odd cores for gamemon.des i will update the post according to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   
7 hours ago, KatHead said:

So, I havent tried any of these steps yet. Wanted your opinion of which I should try first. I play the game at 80 - 120 fps most always, except for ssp, ghs, bw, Bae Lee etc., large groups of people cause me to be between 15 - 30 fps. I can cntrl f and get to about 40 fps (which is still a huge dps loss and tons of lost time avoiding ground aoes or getting hit by quick ones still), but I do not wish to play the game that way. Every computer I ever had before I worked up the nerve to assemble this one was garbage, so I am pretty adamant on playing on decent settings. 

 

 

 

9ZptjJ3.jpgUeq8W1h.jpg

sLQhDBV.jpgMBs4klH.jpg?1

2unSTg0.jpg

 

The above is my computer info, I am using a ssd 240 evo for bns and windows 7 and have a 1tb spinner for most other stuff. 

 

jHEYPDE.jpg

I am using a outdated Nvdia driver because all of the new ones seem to actually decrease my performance in bns and quite frankly I am tired of rolling back to this one, so I kinda wanna stay here until a new driver has something to improve bns or this one becomes problematic. *Also, I have found that being optimized for combat makes my performance worse in high traffic areas, my gpu usage plumets (with or without Opt for combat, but seems worse with opt for combat on).*

 

Outside of high traffic areas this game runs perfectly currently, 80 - 120 fps the vast majority of the time.

 

Which steps should I follow, or will this thread assist me. Whether or not you able to assist me, I am very glad to see someone willing to give up there free time to help those who ncs should be helping themselves.

hello kathead and thank you for all your time you took.

in your case i want to to see if their are any corrected errors in the system event viewer that are cuasing small hang ups and if they are at  times when you are playing games.

due to your overclock.

 

please press start go to control panel in the upper right cornner click view by and change it to small icons

look for administrative tools, open it up open event viewer

on the left file tree expand windows logs then system please

look for any red or yellow icons over the next  couple or hours of play you can do this once you are done.

 

once you have found if their are any you can take screen shots and send them to me in a PM if you like or type the error out in a pm

 

in the case to the guide  these things will help you a small amount but not a drastic improvment like it is for other because you are just being bound by the cpu

the other are running into issue having to wait for instructions to finish or powerstates switching.

 

i do suggest that you do try using display driver uninstaller and moving up to nvidia driver 364.72. remeber to go into nvidia control panel after any clean driver  install to reset the setting that you use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sudako said:

mobile processors are a little different as i5's are only dual cores with hyper threading and i7's are quad cores without

for the mobile i5 please use even cores for BnS and odd cores for gamemon.des i will update the post according to this.

I tried as you said, the sound stutter is definetely still there, a bit less than before (gameguard on cpu0), but it is still there. in 3v3 tho the situation seems really better than before.

20-22 fps, some 15 but better than before for sure.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case of more information.

 

NJ! =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   

@DrDoylock

 

can you tell me the model of laptop now that i think about it to see if it has some other power management software from the manufaturer. we can try making a gaming profile for when you are not on battery to keep the cpu at a higher C state at all times

Edited by Sudako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudako   
16 minutes ago, DrDoylock said:

I tried as you said, the sound stutter is definetely still there, a bit less than before (gameguard on cpu0), but it is still there. in 3v3 tho the situation seems really better than before.

20-22 fps, some 15 but better than before for sure.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case of more information.

 

NJ! =)

use this website to see how to change your power options then go into the advanced setting and navigate to what you see in my screen shot and set the minimum processor state between 75% and 100% this will cause the laptop to become warmer you at your own risk. reccomended having a elevated platform for the laptop.

https://www.energystar.gov/products/low_carbon_it_campaign/power_management_computer/windows_7

Ue5RjQr.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now