Helpful tips for reducing freezes stuttering and crashing in populated fights along with general fps boost

Sudako

Let me start this off with I will list methods for specific hardware configs that will improve all around game performance for most people that have poor performance and get people with ok FPS up an additional 20-30%. I will list How to set the Blade and soul SLI profiles for the korean version that gets your SLI working properly.

OK First trick that will help every one with stuttering and freezing and crashes with gamguard if they are not caused but other applications.

• Right click the task Bar well you have the game running. 
  • Select Task Manager.
  • Go to Processes for windows 7 (for windows 8 and 10 i believe it is the details tab)
  • Find client.exe and right click.
  • Look for Set Affinity.
  • JwbT2VQ.png
  • For i7 processors uncheck all of the odd cores. (mobile/ laptop i7 use instructions for i5)
  • 6K26cCM.png
  • For i5's Uncheck core 0. (mobile/laptop i5 please use instructions for I7)
  • For AMD FX 8000, 6000, 4000 uncheck the odd cores.
  • For AMD APU's uncheck core 0. (A6, A8, A10)
  • Before leaving client.exe right click and click set priority.
  • Set priority to above normal or high (DO NOT set to real time).

• Next look for Gamemon.dis in the process or details list.
  • Right click and Set Affinity.
  • Uncheck all cores that client.exe was left running on.

Allowing Gameguard and blade and soul to run on the same core tends to let the cpu hit 100% not allowing for any inturrupts to happen causing freezes.

UPDATE I HAVE FOUND A WORKING PROGRAM SUGGESTED by another user that allow you to SAVE THE SETTINGS SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE DONE EVERY TIME.

http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

after you have installed Prio  restart your computer start blade and sould and follow the above step and make sure to have the Save priority checked off.

9EJTcUH.png

This one will allow for SLI to work and increase performance for any one for around 2.5-8%. (note alt+tabing alot well using this causes blade and sould to crash some times or to stop responding).

• when in game place your fingers on alt and enter at the same time.
  • start tapping untill you see the screen flash black.
  • Once the screen has gone black and returned you will be in a true full screen mode.

In game setting and which ones matter to decrease the load on the cpu. [refer to screenshot]

cBbA5lm.jpg

if the box is checked and circles uncheck it.

if the box is empty and is circled check it.

the rest of the setting are up to you

opt. for combat lowers shadows and extra effects to lower then one.  the only other way to do this is edit the config file yourself.

Resolution you play at does not matter that much as the game is CPU bound and not bound by the GPU.

These steps Above must be done every time you start up blade and soul if you want the benefits. Unless you want to write your own batch file to launch the game.

Fore Nvidia Users Right click the desktop and select Nvidia Control panel

• select Manage 3d setting.
  • Look for the setting power management.
  • Make Sure that this setting is set to Prefer Maximum performance under the global setting.
  • hit apply if any changers were made.

As for the Setting in general i will post 2 screen shots at a later time.

For SLI users the proper SLI profile to use it in the driver pack but not connected to client.exe Nvidia has yet to fix this for the NA version of the game.

For those of you that had use the FFXIV profile for Blade and soul please stop using it as that profile has been updated and is not optimum for BnS.

You will need a simple piece of software called Nvidia Inspector. I will provide a link to a trusted download if you would rather find it yourself please do i will take no offense.

Nvidia inspector. EU mirror

You will need winrar to open the ziped files or another zip program.

1. Open Nvidia Inspector

2. Click on the crossed tools marked on the screen shot in red.

5Z2TWLG.png

3. Type in Blade and soul and client.exe into the profiles.

4. We are going to remove the profiles that are currently in the driver pack for client.exe and blade and soul normal/NA

fwL2DaA.png

4. continued Click on remove. for each profile.

XJZicUz.png

5. Type in blade and soul and find the korean profile.

6. Click on add which  is found in the screenshot next to the remove to the left it has a green + i added a red dot.

9Riin11.png

7. Navigate to the NCSOFT>BnS>bin folder click on client.exe and then open. to add client.exe to the korean SLI profile.

U2oKsIr.png

8. Click on apply changes.

dUMTCJO.png

9 At this point you can close out Nvidia Inspecor. (remeber this need to be done after every driver update as the other profiles are in the new driver pack). Just like turning SLI back on after an update.

10. right click the desk top and open Nvidia control panel.

11. Click on Manage 3D setting.

12. Click on the program setting tab. 

13. Click on add

14. Click blade and soul by bloodlust or browse and navigate to client.exe.

15. Click Add selected program.

saMlbIP.png

Adding a section on how do a full removal of display drivers and reinstall for any one that did windows 10 upgrade instead of fresh install of windows 10. and general purpose for when i start sending people to do this step.

We will star by having you download a tool that i myself have used for years and the creator of now work at Nvidia i believe. This is Display Driver Uninstaller.

download lin provided. if you prefer you can find it yourself. http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

the next step will be opening the zip file that this comes in.

the folders is [Guru3D.com]-DDU pull/copy or extract DDU V15.5.5.5.exe to a place you can find it easy
select you launch mode.

once inside select your brand or video card next you will want to select clean and restart.
shortly after you start this your screen will go black and every thing will become large and the computer shut down and restart
once the computer has restarted you will install your driver again after it install you will restart.

Nvidia users can use http://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/2.11.2.66/GeForce_Experience_v2.11.2.66.exe to get a program that will help you manage your driver updates easily as well as give you suggested optimum settings for the games that are on your pc and supported.

AMD or ATI users please go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download input you OS and GPU to get the correct driver.
after this you will have a nice clean install or your drivers that has not been over written over and over.

Remember SLI will not work unless in fullscreen as the game does not star in a true fullscreen mode you need to tap alt and enter at the same time untill the screen go black and comes back

every time you start blade and soul or wswitch out of fullscreen. (real fullscreen mode is known to cause blade and soul to stop responding when you alt tab to much or for to long be

advised).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

for windows 7 and 8 go to control panel user accounts > manage accounts > create a new account

steps to run blade and soul as admin

Right click on the Shortcut and select “Properties.”

Click the “Compatibility” tab.

Checkmark “Run this program as an administrator.”

This is for mobile Users Use at your own risk i do not know the cooling properties of every laptop there is and how long it is rates to stay at a Higher C  state.

use this website to see how to change your power options then go into the advanced setting and navigate to what you see in my screen shot and set the minimum processor state between 75% and 100% this will cause the laptop to become warmer you at your own risk. reccomended having a elevated platform for the laptop.

It can also be used for desktop without less of a worry. if at all. This was add since i am finding alot of people have blanced or power saving profiles set that limit the max Power state or let it switch between to many C states.

Please feel free to ask questions as to why these problems occur and i will do my best to get back to you.

if you have other issues that you might have or want to work on them please leave a message in this post or you can find me on

Poharan Character Suwakoo

thank you for you time and i hope you can do large scale events due to these instructions

working on methods to have this auto done for every one at launch

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently in bed but it sounds like you might have a issue with some file permissions there's a fast and simple way to test and fix this without a full reinstall. You create a new user in Windows  followed by making sure client.exe is set to run as admin under properties and compatability. And the steps you saw in my first post very important to not let game guard and the game run on the same core if an instruction or memory call times out game guard will stop the game.

22 minutes ago, OddFinrir said:

Didn't do anything. AMD APU.

can you tell me what apu you are using and what video card if any you are using as well as the amount of ram and ram speed and your operating system.

and the specific problem you are having such as a crash in the middle of a populated fight or freezing or stuttering. 

they are all very different and handled in different ways.

21 minutes ago, TMPDai said:

Question: I have seen many guide for increasing fps, and all the guide say that we have to maximize the graphic settings, Why is that? I have limited understanding about those stuff

you do not have to max out the setting you can have them as low as you want just make sure you check opt. for combat a it lower setting further then  moving the slider allows.

1 hour ago, Sudako said:

can you tell me what apu you are using and what video card if any you are using as well as the amount of ram and ram speed and your operating system.and the specific problem you are having such as a crash in the middle of a populated fight or freezing or stuttering. they are all very different and handled in different ways.

AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 8 GB (800 MHz), W8.1. I have a frame rate constantly of 12-18...which is low. It used to be higher until the last update. It stutters when I go to a new area for a while, takes forever for loading screen, and nearly crashes me in the Harvest event.

11 minutes ago, OddFinrir said:

AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 8 GB (800 MHz), W8.1. I have a frame rate constantly of 12-18...which is low. It used to be higher until the last update. It stutters when I go to a new area for a while, takes forever for loading screen, and nearly crashes me in the Harvest event.

try creating a new user account in windows. and when you do right click on BnS launcher go to properties then to the compatiability tab

at the bottom you will see this program as administrator. check this. do the same to client.exe under C>program files>NCSOFT> BnS>bin> client.exe

and do the same.

Please let me know if this fixes it for you as the descibed issue is more of a file permission causing a timeout. the alternative is a full install.

14 minutes ago, Sudako said:

try creating a new user account in windows. and when you do right click on BnS launcher go to properties then to the compatiability tab

at the bottom you will see this program as administrator. check this. do the same to client.exe under C>program files>NCSOFT> BnS>bin> client.exe

and do the same.

Please let me know if this fixes it for you as the descibed issue is more of a file permission causing a timeout. the alternative is a full install.

Just to be sure, could this issue have anything to do with disabling metro to have real admin permission? I did that years ago because I couldn't run certain programs as the admin because "I didn't have admin permissions." (Also, I have little idea about computers past googling solutions for bypassing restrictions)

you need to create a new shortcut for blade and soul, find it, right click, select properties, click advanced,  run as admin, click  apply and ok and use that shortcut. Unless you're using special setting to just game on, you don't have the need to test under a guest account that will limit your admin permissions for other programs

Edit to clarify why i said create a new shortcut. It gives you an option of deleting it if for some random,strange reason it goofs your game up, and you have the original shortcut created by the installer untouched.

Just now, Sudako said:

for phenoms you just want to uncheck core 0 and al other cores can be left alone.  gamemon.dis will be put onto core 0

Thank you! That is what I guessed and it seems to help. Now if we can figure out a way to get NCSoft to make it 64bit so I can use all this wonderful unused memory.

34 minutes ago, Sudako said:

just disabling user account controls does not give every program full admin permissions 

Noted. Doing so did give me more than I had, though.

Tried a new account. Nothing changed. I'll reinstall later and check.

nope there is no way to do this. class in DX9 can only be supplied to the GPU so fast and is very CPU bound. you can get a few more fps by increasing the clock speed of the gpu but it is help back by how fast the cpu can feed it. overclocking the CPU does help a bit and i do have testing back from feb when i was having troubles and i started this long road to where i am now. I had lost faith in helping people as when i had ask for others to help me build a data set all they did was shit on my method and my results. so i stoped helping people. But i have helped many many people over team speak and clan and they all suggested i try and help the public again so i am going to do so as long as people are willing to put a bit of effort into it and not expect  every thing to be perfect every time.

1 minute ago, VRock said:

what about a i7? what cores should i select?

15 hours ago, Sudako said:

For i7 processors uncheck all of the odd cores.

Uncheck the odd cores for the client.exe and select only the odd cores for the gamemon.des.

Archived