How to prepare for the two new heroic dungeons

Koter

On 4/16/2016 at 0:07 PM, Nilkemios said:

That would work...if the dodges in this game worked like Guild Wars 2's dodging system, not the crappy one Blade and Soul has. You have SS, and that's really the only free dodge you get. Q and E require you be next to something (and targeting it too, or else the game just says "you cannot do that now", while whatever's trying to hit you manages to do so). And if the minions are ranged, and you don't have a dedicated block, any i-frames you do have are just delaying the inevitable.

Gee, really? I clearly never could've guessed that it'd be smart to try taking out the boss's minions first. /sarcasm

Except that, depending on how much HP they have, and whatever the boss is doing at that moment as well, you often can't just turn your focus to them and kill them quick most of the time.

A trend that they're clearly starting to expand upon, if Asura is any indication. If they want to have gear checks, they should've made gear/upgrades not so much of a pain to get.

Why must everyone assume that people having trouble just stand there and hit the boss and don't move or anything, or at least try to?

Literally everything you're complaining about is either a learn to play issue or stop being lazy and farm for your upgrades. Nothing hard about learning to player your class in different situations OR upgrading your gear, if you put ANY effort into it whatsoever.

The fact that you think NCSoft shouldn't have gear checks, shouldn't force your character to REACT to different combat situations, pretty much says all that needs saying about you and people who think the same way as you.

"Why must everyone assume that people having trouble just stand there and hit the boss and don't move or anything, or at least try to?" Gee, maybe it's because other people who AREN'T having trouble are playing the game correctly? What else is someone to assume if you're having trouble with mechanics?

Don't complain about not being able to do what others are already doing. Get better. Learn to play never fit a situation so perfectly.

8 minutes ago, Hyaweh said:

how much AP will be necessary for those new dungeons?

No one really knows exactly. What you could do is wait until they're released and then TRY doing them. If you can't do it after you've learned all the mechanics and can execute them perfectly, then you might need more AP.

People are putting too much emphasis on having high AP instead of learning what they're doing.

5 minutes ago, Familiar said:

No one really knows exactly. What you could do is wait until they're released and then TRY doing them. If you can't do it after you've learned all the mechanics and can execute them perfectly, then you might need more AP.

People are putting too much emphasis on having high AP instead of learning what they're doing.

Me and my friends are expecting to do it with 500-550AP 6man mode, as we used to do on JP/TW

10 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

Me and my friends are expecting to do it with 500-550AP 6man mode, as we used to do on JP/TW

And since you're experienced you might be able to do it with even a little less. That's the point I'm trying to make. Experience is going to trump gear every time. No matter how geared you are, if you don't know what you're doing, you're not going to succeed.

I think everyone should try the dungeon, no matter their AP, just to learn it. Just don't get upset if certain groups don't want you because of your low AP. There are plenty of other people who will be willing to give you a shot or who might be in the same boat. Join them, and have fun.

Jade is probably the first of many dungeons to come that requires the party members to know what they are doing and to play their part in the team. It would be a good idea to read up some guides and watch some videos before heading into it so you can see the actual mechanics in action. Going in blind will result in alot of angst.

With sufficient AP (not cutting edge gear, but not undergeared either), it can be done really really fast if the party knows what they are doing, the various roles they play, who and when to CC etc. If members do not know what to do, it can become extremely frustrating because you will be stuck at the boss with no end in sight until the group "sorts out their shit" so to speak. It boils down to teamwork, understanding the mechanics and role you play within the group.

Also, especially at the final boss Asura, players MUST do their part in bringing antidotes to counter the poison from the flower mechanic. DO NOT go in with no antidotes and expect other people to do the flower clearing for you. BE PROACTIVE about it, don't reach the final boss and tell the party "I do not have any antidotes, so I won't be clearing any flowers" or "it is not my responsibility, it is the destroyer/lyn blade's responsibility to clear flowers cause they can spin out of root status"

In a coordinated group with teamwork, you'll most likely use 1 to 5/6 antidotes or less in a single run. If you have selfish players or find yourself dying repeatedly, expect to use up to 20-30++ or even more and still be stuck. The worst case scenario is everybody runs out of antidotes and you quit the instance uncompleted, cause there is no way to clear it without having antidotes to prevent yourself from dying from the poison.

For those complaining about attack power, there is no other way to gauge someone other than by attack power. The reason? There are no dps meters in this game, there are no gear score checkers in this game, there are no achievement checkers in this game. Basically the only thing we have to go buy is attack power. Yeah it sucks but normally someone with high attack power around 500+ probably knows what they're doing. Does that mean they are competent? Probably not but one thing is for sure even if they suck with that kind of attack power they are at least not bringing the group down.

On 16.4.2016 at 6:54 PM, Nilkemios said:

Unless you can reasonably solo them at that level (and I sincerely doubt it), you'll have to cross-server for them, and hope your AP is high enough for whatever group you end up in. Most of them will probably want...oh, maybe 600 AP or something along those lines for this?

Dungeons, along with progression, pretty much went to s**t from Tomb of Exiles/Moonwater Plains onward. NCSoft showed that their version of difficulty is :

- Give them a mountain of HP and attacks that destroy yours in a few hits.

- Have a bunch of minions that are there at the beginning or spawn in at a certain point, also packing annoying CCs or overpowered attacks as well.

- Give the bosses some cheap mechanic/attack that you need a certain piece of gear or upgrade level to survive.

Not fun.

it is a p2w Game so ofc. you see this and what i mean is this game have design to be p2w game 

5 hours ago, Koter said:

For those complaining about attack power, there is no other way to gauge someone other than by attack power. The reason? There are no dps meters in this game, there are no gear score checkers in this game, there are no achievement checkers in this game. Basically the only thing we have to go buy is attack power. Yeah it sucks but normally someone with high attack power around 500+ probably knows what they're doing. Does that mean they are competent? Probably not but one thing is for sure even if they suck with that kind of attack power they are at least not bringing the group down.

I see ur point bro, but i've seen some ppl with high AP and no skills, through they do alot of dmg, but when it comes to mechanics like Yeti for example(thats the only dg u must pay atention right now imo), but i still agree with you when it comes to team up with ppl on Cross Server, the only way to filter people is by attack power...

We can't even ask them to link their "Achievment from "certain dungeon" cuz from lobby u can't do shit...They could add a label to "Character Info" that shows how many runs people has on Heroic Dungeons at least, it would help alot, but unfortunatelly it's up to Koreans Devs. :/

2 hours ago, EasleyRR said:

I see ur point bro, but i've seen some ppl with high AP and no skills, through they do alot of dmg, but when it comes to mechanics like Yeti for example(thats the only dg u must pay atention right now imo), but i still agree with you when it comes to team up with ppl on Cross Server, the only way to filter people is by attack power...

We can't even ask them to link their "Achievment from "certain dungeon" cuz from lobby u can't do shit...They could add a label to "Character Info" that shows how many runs people has on Heroic Dungeons at least, it would help alot, but unfortunatelly it's up to Koreans Devs. :/

like in tera when after 10 or so runs you get experianced tab who evrybody can see?

8 hours ago, Dzjacels said:

like in tera when after 10 or so runs you get experianced tab who evrybody can see?

Well if you all have played WoW you can actually armory people and see what they have done like what they have cleared and you can see acheivements etc. Would be nice if BnS did that but i doubt it lol

16 hours ago, Koter said:

Where would someone with 520ap stand in the 6 man version of Asura? Would it be

A. Barely making the minimum?

B. Seems normal for it?

C. More than enough for it?

On 4/16/2016 at 9:06 AM, Zuzu said:

- Teaches you to actually dodge while dealing enough DPS rather than face tanking everything and letting it die without a problem.

- Priority check. If minions spawn and cause trouble, kill them. If not, ignore them. But not sure what you mean by packing annoying CC's/OP attacks,

- Only 1 boss as of right now(Venom Thrasher in BSH) require you to have a certain belt to survive an AoE without having to dodge it. Soon to be 2 with Asura coming. This just simply a gear check. Or you can go the easy route and just switch to the Belt needed during that boss fight alone. Not a big deal.

Guess this is just a preference issue but I prefer having this type of gameplay over the same hack n' slash, facetank everything without a problem play style.

I agree. Also, its not our ncsoft that is designing these dungeons. Its just being unlocked. Like you guys complain about things that have alrdy been in place for years... where hav u been? Are you new? And if so why not look at other versions to see if you might like it or not? 

41 minutes ago, MasterBlaster said:

Where would someone with 520ap stand in the 6 man version of Asura? Would it be

A. Barely making the minimum?

B. Seems normal for it?

C. More than enough for it?

I wud say seems normal. Most ppl go into asura with true breeze. Maxed or at least at 5. Some are allowed to get carried a bit at awakened breeze/true pirate. The ideal wud be to be at awakened scorpio since u farm thte next breakthru wep in asura. 

The ap/hp was diff in tw tho. But I wud say, if you can get through current 4mans now with relative ease/without pushing enrage limits you should be equipped to do 6man asura. 

20 hours ago, Familiar said:

either a learn to play issue

The most worthless, non-advice answer to anything. Well, besides "git gud".

21 hours ago, Familiar said:

stop being lazy and farm for your upgrades.

Unless you were able to solo Tomb of Exiles for your Infernal gear before Level 41, or tried to solo Brightstone Ruins for the Moonwater Tears and/or the Premium Tempered Clay Refiner to be able to make Moonwater Transformation Stones, you have no real basis for considering me "lazy".

See, I've tried that. But from the point Moonwater Transformation Stones and Soulstones come into the picture, it becomes a ridiculous wall that you cannot get past anytime soon (gating upgrades for Lv36 items behind Lv45 content, plus the horrid open world PvP)...unless you feel like being at the mercy of the market to upgrade, and never truly doing so on your own terms. But I'm digressing...

21 hours ago, Familiar said:

The fact that you think NCSoft shouldn't have gear checks, shouldn't force your character to REACT to different combat situations, pretty much says all that needs saying about you and people who think the same way as you.

Wrong. If they're going to have gear checks, they shouldn't make the gear such a pain to get later on. And the fact that you thought "learn to play" somehow counts as actual advice says enough about you. This is why I'd rather solo dungeons for the upgrades I'd need, or have other ways to get them, so as to not have to deal with your lot.

12 hours ago, Nilkemios said:

The most worthless, non-advice answer to anything. Well, besides "git gud".

Unless you were able to solo Tomb of Exiles for your Infernal gear before Level 41, or tried to solo Brightstone Ruins for the Moonwater Tears and/or the Premium Tempered Clay Refiner to be able to make Moonwater Transformation Stones, you have no real basis for considering me "lazy".

See, I've tried that. But from the point Moonwater Transformation Stones and Soulstones come into the picture, it becomes a ridiculous wall that you cannot get past anytime soon (gating upgrades for Lv36 items behind Lv45 content, plus the horrid open world PvP)...unless you feel like being at the mercy of the market to upgrade, and never truly doing so on your own terms. But I'm digressing...

Wrong. If they're going to have gear checks, they shouldn't make the gear such a pain to get later on. And the fact that you thought "learn to play" somehow counts as actual advice says enough about you. This is why I'd rather solo dungeons for the upgrades I'd need, or have other ways to get them, so as to not have to deal with your lot.

Telling someone they need to learn their class mechanics or the mechanics of a boss, isn't worthless information. The fact that about 98% of the people you say this to will argue that they are already good enough is what makes the advice worthless.

Was soloing ToE at level 37, was one of the first people on Mushin with the premium refiner recipe and solo'd the dungeon many, many times for more recipes for my alts and to sell. So now I'm allowed to call you lazy?

You're right in that you can't make your own MTS without being 45 unless you buy the recipe. So what? Level up. You're not meant to stay 36 and the gear that you need MTS for is level 42+ gear anyway. You can also get soulstones without doing OW PvP. Whether you choose to or not is up to you. I have no problem farming thousands of soulstones over the weekend and hundreds on weekdays. If you're the underdog faction on your server then you should do arena for your SS or buy them.

Gear isn't a pain to get later on. Again, you're just proving yourself to be lazy. Myself, I have 8 characters (level 11-30) crafting items that I need. I keep some for myself and sell the rest to buy materials for the next craft. Easy money that requires little effort.

Thinking that you should be able to solo endgame dungeons in an MMO instead of learning to play and not being lazy says a lot about you, and I'm glad I don't have to depend on people like you to do dungeons.

If you can do the damage in the time limit you have enough AP. Of course not all AP is made equal. A FM/SMN (or even WL) will get away with less, melee classes of course need as much as they can get their hands on. 

The trouble with NA BnS is the bosses have WAY more HP than KR because our gear is "better than them at the time". but NOT everyone has max gear by the time new dungeons come out and hence hit a massive wall. (remember Augerite floor 5 mushin tower? 220k went to 600k)

Archived