How to prepare for the two new heroic dungeons

Koter

Meh i don`t even have scorpio belt yet and im still on mostly infernal accessories and awakened pirate staff 10 i aint that rich to upgrade stuff not just yet. I never done lv50 dungeons before cos my gear sucks but good luck with Asura dungeon people! Lol

12 minutes ago, staahpxDD said:

Meh i don`t even have scorpio belt yet and im still on mostly infernal accessories and awakened pirate staff 10 i aint that rich to upgrade stuff not just yet. I never done lv50 dungeons before cos my gear sucks but good luck with Asura dungeon people! Lol

I think there going to put a restriction on asura boss you will have to be hongmoon level 7 :O not sure though but who knows with ncsoft lol

Just now, Nilkemios said:

So, more dungeons that most cannot do, more trash and another boss with cheap mechanics. What's sweet about this?

Why wouldnt people be able to do them? Cold storage is an easy boss and only required you to be hongmoon 3 or above @ level 50? There's like one boss fight and its your typical tank n spank avoid shit type of fight. Asura boss on the other hand yes I agree most people who are not geared wont be able to do it but oh well.

Unless you can reasonably solo them at that level (and I sincerely doubt it), you'll have to cross-server for them, and hope your AP is high enough for whatever group you end up in. Most of them will probably want...oh, maybe 600 AP or something along those lines for this?

Dungeons, along with progression, pretty much went to s**t from Tomb of Exiles/Moonwater Plains onward. NCSoft showed that their version of difficulty is :

- Give them a mountain of HP and attacks that destroy yours in a few hits.

- Have a bunch of minions that are there at the beginning or spawn in at a certain point, also packing annoying CCs or overpowered attacks as well.

- Give the bosses some cheap mechanic/attack that you need a certain piece of gear or upgrade level to survive.

Not fun.

4 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

Dungeons, along with progression, pretty much went to s**t from Tomb f Exiles/Moonwater Plains onward. NCSoft showed that their version of difficulty is :

- Give them a mountain of HP and attacks that destroy yours in a few hits.

- Have a bunch of minions that are there at the beginning or spawn in at a certain point, also packing annoying CCs or overpowered attacks as well.

- Give the bosses some cheap mechanic/attack that you need a certain piece of gear or upgrade level to survive.

Not fun.

- Teaches you to actually dodge while dealing enough DPS rather than face tanking everything and letting it die without a problem.

- Priority check. If minions spawn and cause trouble, kill them. If not, ignore them. But not sure what you mean by packing annoying CC's/OP attacks,

- Only 1 boss as of right now(Venom Thrasher in BSH) require you to have a certain belt to survive an AoE without having to dodge it. Soon to be 2 with Asura coming. This just simply a gear check. Or you can go the easy route and just switch to the Belt needed during that boss fight alone. Not a big deal.

Guess this is just a preference issue but I prefer having this type of gameplay over the same hack n' slash, facetank everything without a problem play style.

20 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

- Teaches you to actually dodge while dealing enough DPS rather than face tanking everything and letting it die without a problem.

- Priority check. If minions spawn and cause trouble, kill them. If not, ignore them. But not sure what you mean by packing annoying CC's/OP attacks,

- Only 1 boss as of right now(Venom Thrasher in BSH) require you to have a certain belt to survive an AoE without having to dodge it. Soon to be 2 with Asura coming. This just simply a gear check. Or you can go the easy route and just switch to the Belt needed during that boss fight alone. Not a big deal.

Guess this is just a preference issue but I prefer having this type of gameplay over the same hack n' slash, facetank everything without a problem play style.

Same. The whole dps down the boss while not giving a crap about mechanics is getting stale : \

34 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

That would work...if the dodges in this game worked like Guild Wars 2's dodging system, not the crappy one Blade and Soul has. You have SS, and that's really the only free dodge you get. Q and E require you be next to something (and targeting it too, or else the game just says "you cannot do that now", while whatever's trying to hit you manages to do so). And if the minions are ranged, and you don't have a dedicated block, any i-frames you do have are just delaying the inevitable.

43 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Gee, really? I clearly never could've guessed that it'd be smart to try taking out the boss's minions first. /sarcasm

Except that, depending on how much HP they have, and whatever the boss is doing at that moment as well, you often can't just turn your focus to them and kill them quick most of the time.

58 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

A trend that they're clearly starting to expand upon, if Asura is any indication. If they want to have gear checks, they should've made gear/upgrades not so much of a pain to get.

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

Why must everyone assume that people having trouble just stand there and hit the boss and don't move or anything, or at least try to?

11 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

That would work...if the dodges in this game worked like Guild Wars 2's dodging system, not the crappy one Blade and Soul has. You have SS, and that's really the only free dodge you get. Q and E require you be next to something (and targeting it too, or else the game just says "you cannot do that now", while whatever's trying to hit you manages to do so). And if the minions are ranged, and you don't have a dedicated block, any i-frames you do have are just delaying the inevitable.

Gee, really? I clearly never could've guessed that it'd be smart to try taking out the boss's minions first. /sarcasm

Except that, depending on how much HP they have, and whatever the boss is doing at that moment as well, you often can't just turn your focus to them and kill them quick most of the time.

A trend that they're clearly starting to expand upon, if Asura is any indication. If they want to have gear checks, they should've made gear/upgrades not so much of a pain to get.

Why must everyone assume that people having trouble just stand there and hit the boss and don't move or anything, or at least try to?

- It doesn't take much to Q and E a boss. You make it sound like it's a PvP situation regarding Q and E not working while trying to target them. The boss is generally stationary long enough for you to actually focus your cross-hair onto the boss. Poharan is probably the only boss that's annoying to Q and E as a tank since she jumps around a lot.

- You do forget you have a party. Just because you're tanking does not make you also liable to take out the mobs that may be spawned. If your party knows what to do, they can simply execute any mobs near and go back to attacking the boss.

Perfect Example: 6/4man Yeti.

- That's the price of progression. The higher you go in level with gear, the more it costs. That's for any game. And like I also mentioned, you can simply just put on the belt that is required during the boss fight for Asura. It's as simple as clicking on the Belt as you go into the boss room. Not upgrades required.

- Not sure what you're talking about here. I only said it's a preference issue, nothing about assuming people don't move while fighting.

But from your two posts, you just clearly prefer the hack n' slash game play, which I have nothing against. But if you're going to try and bash BnS gameplay while playing it, at least have some good arguments to back it up.

8 hours ago, Zuzu said:

- It doesn't take much to Q and E a boss. You make it sound like it's a PvP situation regarding Q and E not working while trying to target them. The boss is generally stationary long enough for you to actually focus your cross-hair onto the boss. Poharan is probably the only boss that's annoying to Q and E as a tank since she jumps around a lot.

- You do forget you have a party. Just because you're tanking does not make you also liable to take out the mobs that may be spawned. If your party knows what to do, they can simply execute any mobs near and go back to attacking the boss.

Perfect Example: 6/4man Yeti.

- That's the price of progression. The higher you go in level with gear, the more it costs. That's for any game. And like I also mentioned, you can simply just put on the belt that is required during the boss fight for Asura. It's as simple as clicking on the Belt as you go into the boss room. Not upgrades required.

- Not sure what you're talking about here. I only said it's a preference issue, nothing about assuming people don't move while fighting.

But from your two posts, you just clearly prefer the hack n' slash game play, which I have nothing against. But if you're going to try and bash BnS gameplay while playing it, at least have some good arguments to back it up.

I think people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion lol!

3 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

Who cares? New content won't save a broken game. *cough*(hackers)*cough*(bots)*cough*(zero accountability)

Agreed. Blizzard needs to do something against these bots and hackers but I'm not sure they will. Most of these bots have premium stats lololo

24 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

Most players won't be able to go f8 on it. It requires hm7, which is a step in the right direction. Won't stop bots I suppose, but it's a start.

Recommended Level
Lv.50 7 Star(HM Lv.)

REQUIREMENTS
Charpter 10. To the Tempest Capital.

What'ya talking about? Recommended Level has nothing to do with "Requirements"...

18 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

Recommended Level
Lv.50 7 Star(HM Lv.)

REQUIREMENTS
Charpter 10. To the Tempest Capital.

What'ya talking about? Recommended Level has nothing to do with "Requirements"...

Have you ever used f8 before? Stop posting if you don't know.

Archived