Forums

Dark Strike vs Lightning Pierce

lagevogel

Hey, 

I know this question has been asked a lot already but I just wanted to know for sure. Since there aren't any DPS meter's I can't test this for myself so I was just wondering what you all thought.

I have the hongmoon left click skill and I tried it out for a few days but I don't really think I do that much more damage. I might be doing it wrong but I run out of focus so fast as well, but I feel half of the time I don't really know how to do it. I saw the video posted in another thread and its a nice one and helped me a lot but still I feel like lightning pierce does more damage.

I have no issues staying in hide against bosses even if I have aggro so my question is does dark strike outdmg lightning pierce?

Dark Strike does more damage, period. Your focus regeneration is based on a few things. So let me try to help you out with it.

1 - Critical Hits - Regeneration with Left Click and Refunds with Dark Strike and Heart Stab ( for HM when it comes out)

2 - Lightning Rend - You wanna take the Second Tree of this. It'll give you a massive amount of focus over a period of time to keep it up.

3 - Smoke Screen - This one is also very important. Laying this down while you're spamming your Animation Canceling will also keep you high in uptime.

4 - Fighting Spirit - Another ability you need to learn to use to keep that going.

5 - Your Weapon - Your weapon has Focus procs on it. If it keeps going, you'll be fine.

Managing all of that is pretty crazy, but Dark Strike Sin is currently the highest single target damaging spec in this game. You'll out DPS FMs easily. But whether or not you can keep it going is just up to you.

Lightning build:

• Relies on stealth, better suited for solo runs. Gains evasion and movement speed as a byproduct.
  • One reliable double CC: Stun Spinal Tap + Bolt Strike.
  • Fewer ways to reliably stack poison.
  • Overreliant on stealth stance: The moment you are hit out of it your damage becomes crap and there is a lot of difficulty getting back in, especially in solo True Sight runs where the enemy's back isn't available to you for Shadow Dash.

Dark build:

• More versatile overall, using both decoy and stealth stances and better access to Poison Breath, Shadow Slash, etc.
  • Stealth damage is still good; Lightning Crash animation-cancels faster than Lightning Pierce/Lightning Rod.
  • Two reliable double CCs: Stun Spinal Tap + Bolt Strike; Daze Cyclone Sweep + Sneak Attack + Swiftstep (I prefer Sweep + Sneak since Swiftstep is somewhat slow and hard to use if I end up triggering counter by mistake) OR Knockdown Cyclone Sweep + Swiftstep + Shadow Slash.
  • Overreliant on poison stacks, but this shouldn't matter due to Hongmoon Mist Slash and Hongmoon Venom Slash covering it.
  • Decoy's Party Stealth Protection to save everyone's arses.

DPS is a long topic of debate, but I prefer Dark build's versatility and party supports.

Build I'm running for Dark: https://bnstree.com/AS?build=5007001000521203100341034210191100831111220053200754012311423200623016320182100931214440242201322

On 4/16/2016 at 3:25 AM, Shadovvv said:

Dark build:

• More versatile overall, using both decoy and stealth stances and better access to Poison Breath, Shadow Slash, etc.
  • Stealth damage is still good; Lightning Crash animation-cancels faster than Lightning Pierce/Lightning Rod.
  • Two reliable double CCs: Stun Spinal Tap + Bolt Strike; Daze Cyclone Sweep + Sneak Attack + Swiftstep (I prefer Sweep + Sneak since Swiftstep is somewhat slow and hard to use if I end up triggering counter by mistake) OR Knockdown Cyclone Sweep + Swiftstep + Shadow Slash.
  • Overreliant on poison stacks, but this shouldn't matter due to Hongmoon Mist Slash and Hongmoon Venom Slash covering it.
  • Decoy's Party Stealth Protection to save everyone's arses.

DPS is a long topic of debate, but I prefer Dark build's versatility and party supports.

Build I'm running for Dark: https://bnstree.com/AS?build=5007001000521203100341034210191100831111220053200754012311423200623016320182100931214440242201322

wow that dark build looks intressting! do u have a vid or something that shows this in action? 

Archived