Increased Ping after new patch?

digidigdj

as the title says .. has any1 noticed a increase in ping after the new update? my ping went from 150-180 ish to 220+.. cant be my net since its been like this since the patch hit and my net is still the same on other games... i know this is useless to report hir since ncsoft doesnt give a damn on the players but since wondering if its just me thats experiencing this problem..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, it's not only you. Arena ping is the absolute worst today. I feel like I have 250ms, sometimes even 400ms delay on skills. This is ridiculous.

I already quit PvE, so let's see how long I'm gonna stick with Arena if it's this bad.

By the way, ping tools don't really help with ping currently. Dunno. Maybe a tiny little bit, but it's not big of a difference.

pray to the ping god, please give me below 200ms,

The answer i get, is the same of all the ruckus and rant about the bots. T.T

But after the patch it's still the same for me but i heard plenty of players in my friends list and party are facing severe lag spikes

1 second delay when doing arena, pretty insane. all i do now is try and hope to get one win on 1v1 and 3v4, after that i afk for the dailies. thinking about rising the ranks now will make me lose my sanity with this 1 second delay. cannot expect more with ncsoft, cheap servers .

I noticed that too, yesterday the game was unplayable.
I opened a ticket and here is the answer:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blade and Soul Support Team.

Player should play this game with stable connection. Kindly check your connectivity with your internet.

If you have other question, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

It was like, This is the best game in the world, we have no problems. You are the problem.

Yes! The ping became worst, FPS suddenly drops, and random dc's when you're loading. Since when? Since Game Guard was back... Many of my friends already left/taking a break because the game is kinda unplayable for them.

38 minutes ago, Mathilda said:

I noticed that too, yesterday the game was unplayable.
I opened a ticket and here is the answer:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blade and Soul Support Team.

Player should play this game with stable connection. Kindly check your connectivity with your internet.

If you have other question, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

It was like, This is the best game in the world, we have no problems. You are the problem.

this message says quietly "go away, all is good" xD

I don't know if it's Gameguard, though. Of course, Gameguard does effect performance and connection, but Gameguard is back since 2 weeks now? And I only have these immense connection issues since 2 days.

I was at around 100-150 ping. Since Gameguard is back it's 130-200. Since 2 days it's more like 200-400.

I don't know why. No idea. My connection is the same and I get the same mb/s as usual, so it can't be my fault.

Ping for me was usually at ~40 ms ping.

After the new patch, I've seen spikes up to 12000 ms (12 seconds!) ping.

FYI, there's a latency log option made by the game itself that you can enable if you google it.

Seeing that I don't experience these spikes while streaming or playing other games, it's got to be something they did recently.

It sucks NCsoft won't admit when they changed something and people are suffering because of it.

I thought I was having issues with Pingzapper and sent them an email, didn't considered the game having ping issues, again. Getting increased latency everywhere, I was thinking on rerolling class but the ping makes it really hard to play now.

I'm not entirely convinced that the issue is only with latency. But after the patch my game has been performing really poorly, I used to get freezes only on Blackwyrm raids with character display, now the game freezes in 1v1 arena. I also noticed that there's quite a lot of lag issues in arena, especially in the late hours. I'm pretty sure that they won't man up and admit that they *cricket*ed up and say when they're going to resolve it so all we can do is hope that they resolve it soon.

The LAG is horrible, sometimes there is a delay of 3 to 5 seconds from the time you use a skill. Arena? Forget it, Dungeon? you will die in the hands of any mob simply by not being able to react in time. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
PLEASE PPL! SUBMIT TICKETS!

Archived