High level players in low level dungeons.

Velian

On 4/15/2016 at 11:49 PM, Velian said:

As the title says, part of the learning curve of this game is the "difficulty" on the early dungeons, the fun of challenging the evil boss at the end of the hordes of mobs, or at least that was the idea, but now all you get is lvl 45-50 players, rushing to bosses and see if they can break their record of how many ppl they kill with fire per run, some can say "but you get easy runs", well I don't want that, or "you'll get silverzz if a costume is dropped", and once again I don't care about that. If you die... they wont stop and rezz you nor wait for you (a few high lvls are nice, but still). This is killing for me and I bet for some of you the fun in raising and learning new characters, others wont care or tell me to suck it up and go lvl, but you could make some of us happy with a lvl filter option, simple as that, lvl range from ______ to ______ and magic, please, PLEASE consider this. I am not a programmer so I have no idea of how hard is to insert code like that, but a filter shouldn't be that hard to do. I just want to have fun learning a new character, I don't want the easy boring option you are offering right now, let us choose our battles. I know you can try to recruit players in the lobby but it will take ages (10-30 minutes) where is supposed to be a couple of clicks and on the action you go.

Sorry if I made my point a bit confusing.

Regards.

This could be done when you make your own grp. Just advertise for ppl under whichever lvl you want. If high lvl joins, just kick them. It is a little more time consuming, but its doable. If not, then just spam in Region chat and wait for ppl to /w you and invite them if their info fits your criteria.

I am one of the people that do tomb of exiles daily and alot of blackram narrows runs on my level 45-50 characters for the soulstones and achievements. I always wait for the other people and will resurrect if someone dies by the fire or by mobs. I know how annoying it is to run the dungeon with the impatient level 50 players. Another thing that i've seen a bunch of times now is that a low leveled player will attack the boss when it's just me and him/her at the boss, often killing all or most of the other party members, because i, the level 50, am with him/her. There was this one person that started attacking the boss alone, killing all other party members, except for me who was waiting for the others to arrive and then dying to the boss himself. He got mad at me for not helping him fight the boss. This is funny to me.  He basically just said: *cricket* all the other party members, the level 50 is here with me so i'll just start attacking. The level 50 will take care of it after i start.

You have the rushing level 50's and the low leveled players that try to rush because a level 50 is with them. Both are bad.

On 4/15/2016 at 10:48 PM, DomiSotto said:

I think a lot of folks would solo, if the dungeon finder allowed them to. The trouble is that you need to find that particular dungeon on the map and make your way there instead of using a handy list in the Dungeon finder. I'd love to have a solo option on the x-server.

Then queue up and in the lobby quit the party. There's your solo and they can always find a 6th member.

As new player it ruin my will to play BnS. There is system, when high lvl rushers get full loot on bosses, 19-23 lvl get 0 loot. So when I need bligh dagger for evolve - I can`t get it, couse I spend few hours and get 0 loot. GB BnS. This system made real idiot. 

The challenge event makes things even worse. Basically we have to complete 4 out of 5 challenge quest and they can be random. 1 Challenge quest was to run a low lvl dungeon. That forces players to run it even if they are well above the required lvl.

Blue dungeons have weapons for breakthrough. There are new players who go through B&S and find out about breakthroughs late game like I did on the chinese version. I used to always grab the strongest weapon I could find and upgrade it. When I found out about breakthroughs and transforming my wep at lvl 40, I had to go back to the dungeons at veridian coast where lvl 15 players are and grind for the weapon.

Due to how boring grinding can be, some players just skip dungeons, go through the story, lvl up, then go back for materials they need since they can zip through dungeons faster.

Unfortunately, this game was not set up so equal lvl players can only enter dungeons at their lvl range. Only those who started playing on Day 1 experience the real thing.

edit - My guess is that NcSoft is not advertising B&S enough. If they were, there should be more new players joining in the dungeons. I'm going to make a Force Master soon and see how things go.

Dear Lv. 50's, 
If someone around Lv20 calls you a noob, cricket or worse in the Lv20 Blackram Dungeon, that's probably because you rush through and let them die + you are in a group with other Lv50's and instead of being smart and wait  for these guys on fighting Gubong in under 4seconds to get an achievement (Yes cricket, there are achievements and you actually need them) you do it solo (anyone on mid 30 can solo that dungeon) so yeah... no one thinks you're a hero and carrying is that part, where the low levels don't die on mobs, so you didn't carry either... 

... just go get yourself a blue faction uniform if soloing boosts your ego. :P

Archived