High level players in low level dungeons.

Velian

As the title says, part of the learning curve of this game is the "difficulty" on the early dungeons, the fun of challenging the evil boss at the end of the hordes of mobs, or at least that was the idea, but now all you get is lvl 45-50 players, rushing to bosses and see if they can break their record of how many ppl they kill with fire per run, some can say "but you get easy runs", well I don't want that, or "you'll get silverzz if a costume is dropped", and once again I don't care about that. If you die... they wont stop and rezz you nor wait for you (a few high lvls are nice, but still). This is killing for me and I bet for some of you the fun in raising and learning new characters, others wont care or tell me to suck it up and go lvl, but you could make some of us happy with a lvl filter option, simple as that, lvl range from ______ to ______ and magic, please, PLEASE consider this. I am not a programmer so I have no idea of how hard is to insert code like that, but a filter shouldn't be that hard to do. I just want to have fun learning a new character, I don't want the easy boring option you are offering right now, let us choose our battles. I know you can try to recruit players in the lobby but it will take ages (10-30 minutes) where is supposed to be a couple of clicks and on the action you go.

Sorry if I made my point a bit confusing.

Regards.

Most of dungeons, even green ones provide crafting materials, stuff which high lvls need all the time. Tomb of exiles quest for example and quest to get 2 more soulstones. I personally run it with my bf only to not ruin experience for lower lvl and it's more fun like that but sadly most of high lvls are probably lazy and prefer run almost full team cus they can just be half-afk and carring on tail that one low lvl they usually don't care bout. Sadly there might be no other option for you other than getting friends at same needs and lvl or recruit in lobby. There is lot of daily quests, lot of high lvls needing materials from them and probably treating it like a full time job duty and just going easy lfg half afk mode.

I also usually run it just with my bf or a friend but I might take one or two low levels to run it through. We do though wait at the bosses so no one gets grilled but unfortunately some low levels simply rush to the boss instead. I have also seen high levels being killed by rushy low level and then he dies anyway in the boss fight because he thought he can do it solo.

Also some people run low level dungs to get Soul Shields for achievements tho I'd rather do it solo and not wait for someone or risk bid war for some crappy drop.

As far as ToE is considered I always wait for ppl and even try to get everyone together so they get 20 sec kill achievement. As other said, some lowbies rush the bosses coz they thing "mighty" lvl 50 will finish the job and they get loot for free. Nope. If you are with me you must wait for all.

I try not to, letting the low level chars to pull the bosses. I clear out the trash though. But I really did not do the dungeons enough times in this game, so I do not have a good feel for the pace and just rely on the party dots moving along nicely. I spent most of my time in the MMO healing (and DPSing a little bit), so being put in a role of a tank by simply my level is not easy to get used to.

This happens like 75% of the times i run with high lvls.
Last time( mind u Im lvl47 assassin main) i was helping low lvls who were getting killed by mobs in Tomb of the exiles, some other high lv rushes ahead, kills ALL 5 of us with fire while he is being Uber killing the 1st boss in room, then comments we are too slow...when the low lvs were getting aggro form other mobs trying to stay alive.....

I do not know why it is soooo hard to wait just 4-5 sec so low lvs to catch up, or help em which would most likely be faster anyways instead of waiting for others to revive etc,  if they even wait at all.
Hell  why even party with others when most dont even wait for low lvs and be an ass?

Just go solo then cause obviously they are are better and more OP then we are...

Id rather have a 30min run in tomb with people who care and play for fun and accomplish something then 5-10 min run with a ego high lvl who kills the other players.
It seriously takes ONE second to look at the map where the others are so you dont kill them by starting the fight.
Again just go solo if you are that good and have little time to play, cause obviously the rest are too slow for your high Uberness.

Fortunately some high lvls are there to help and wait but I havent met many yet...

I think a lot of folks would solo, if the dungeon finder allowed them to. The trouble is that you need to find that particular dungeon on the map and make your way there instead of using a handy list in the Dungeon finder. I'd love to have a solo option on the x-server.

Not exactly max level (currently summoner is 46 and FM is 45). But I always wait. Beside I think if there is a high level in the group the low levels should just try to not hit any mob and follow. That's what I did and I only been kill I think 3 times coz some high level just rush to the boss and didn't kill any mobs. Otherwise just follow and stay alive.

If you are being attack I will try to save you just come to me, not the other way......

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

I think a lot of folks would solo, if the dungeon finder allowed them to. The trouble is that you need to find that particular dungeon on the map and make your way there instead of using a handy list in the Dungeon finder. I'd love to have a solo option on the x-server.

There is option to leave the party before entering the dungeon. That way you get to the cross-server area from where you can enter the dungeon without windstriding to the location in map. Those who simply stick to the party killing everyone are just simply egoistic nabcakes who think high AP is all you need. Pretty sure they wouldn't manage without their safety blanket.

If I run a dungeon (ToE/Brightstone), I normally take into consideration others players lvl/gear. If I feel they can manage the whole dungeon then I'll just hang around clearing trash and let them deal with bosses so they can learn. Now, if I see them having a difficult time then I interfere and just dps the (sub/bosses). I want them to enjoy the run, just the same way I did (pre 50 cap).

Yeah well, been queing for 30 minutes and all I see are high level players, I understand some of you might actually be polite players trying to help, well I don't want that, I want challenge and I'm getting none, this high level players thing has ruined entirely my game.

12 minutes ago, Velian said:

Yeah well, been queing for 30 minutes and all I see are high level players, I understand some of you might actually be polite players trying to help, well I don't want that, I want challenge and I'm getting none, this high level players thing has ruined entirely my game.

Well I have some bad news. Even with all lower levels, its still not much of a challenge. The only remotely challenging content up to Lv. 36 are Narrows and Exile.

I am sorry to hear that. Most of the challenging dungeons are the purple dungeons, and at that point the level discrepancies will become less and less. You can also challenge yourself by soloing the dungeons when you are a bit overleveled. Good luck!

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Lunakitty said:

There is option to leave the party before entering the dungeon. That way you get to the cross-server area from where you can enter the dungeon without windstriding to the location in map. Those who simply stick to the party killing everyone are just simply egoistic nabcakes who think high AP is all you need. Pretty sure they wouldn't manage without their safety blanket.

I am sort of aware of that, but I prefer to believe that most people are not malicious on purpose, but more inattentive because of the routine grind stupefies. But it's a good reminder to pay attention to the party.

One of the best moments in this game for me was when a high level player took time to mark the map in the Pot Dogs dungeon, and in the end s/he drew a happy face to point out the quest-giver you need to talk to on the way out from his/her markings. That player made my day because well, s/he turned the boredom of playing with noobs into having a bit of fun.

1 hour ago, Rockbridge said:

Well I have some bad news. Even with all lower levels, its still not much of a challenge. The only remotely challenging content up to Lv. 36 are Narrows and Exile.

Agreed. Those and Blue dungeons are where cross-server-available dungeons get hard. Green ones are pretty easy, some of which can even be done solo, depending on class.

you need to kill infernal lord 100 times for achievement points.

achievement points does matter when come to HM skill else no lvl 50 will want to run TOE.

2 soul stones is about 42 silvers  in NA server, not a big deal for lvl 50 players.

2 minutes ago, Passel said:

you need to kill infernal lord 100 times for achievement points.

achievement points does matter when come to HM skill else no lvl 50 will want to run TOE.

2 soul stones is about 42 silvers  in NA server, not a big deal for lvl 50 players.

There're also achievements (or are they just titles with no points attached?) requiring to kill bosses under certain time limits. You can't possibly hope to get those done without enough high lvls who know what they are doing for these specific achievements.

I am lv49, and I still do the low level dungeon for achievement and crafting mats (Tomb mostly). However, I am not the high level ass that rush the dungeon because even I can't stand them. They have gotten no politeness at all. If they are going to rush the lower level dungeon, might as well just solo it.

when I run low level dungeons I always ask if they want to try to tank or they want me to dps everything. I would say 8 to 9 out of 10 times they would want to tank and dps the mobs and boss. So I usually take a back seat and let them do their thing. If I notice they are getting low on hp or have too many adds on them I step in and clear the mobs so they only have to worry about the boss.

I think they do want to learn the game themselves and I remember when i do dungeons at lower levels the high level would just speed everything and I just follow. It seems fine for range class coz they have it easy. But as far as melee goes on my BM because I never got a chance to tank anything now at 46 I could not tank. I do fine in questing but outside of that not good lol.

The main problem is these jerks watched some youtube video, or watched some NCSoft sponsored streamer on twitch giving bad advice to play the game. One streamer that recently quit playing BNS gave bad advice like this:

Make sure you are in the room so you don't get burned by the fire cause people shouldn't have to wait for you.

Dungeons parties are NOT SOLO runs, and you MUST wait for everyone, or just go solo it yourself. Yes there is a lot of stuff still needed from low level dungeons and if you change crafting guild you have to start over getting rank points with the lower stuff, but the meta of many of these players that just rush everything cause they want to do "quick runs" is being forced on people that don't play like that, and the toxic playstyle is a detriment to the game as a whole.

NCSoft doesnt even offer any video guideline to dungeons like Blackram Narrows of how to run it with a party.

Simple Dungeon party rules:

1. Learn where the fire is and make sure you do NOT cause it to land on any of your party. WAIT, the dungeon isn't going anywhere, If you didnt have time to play the dungeon in a party, you shouldn't have joined a party.

2. Stop at loot auctions, STOP moving. Revive dead party members, heal, drink potions, eat dumplings.

3/ Stop once going through a portal. If you didnt want loot form the auction, feel free to move to next dungeon zone, but stop and wait on the other side of the portal for others to finish the auction before you trigger an event, make someone miss part of the daily, or cause a firewall.

4. Don't engage a boss until EVERYONE is ready. This isn't E Fleet Poh we are talking about where you can jump in anywhere and try to get your DMG and collect the drop, it is 6-players working together for the same goal. Communicate and coordinate how THIS group will be attacking the boss or mini-boss, and make sure everyone has a chance to get dragonblood, healed, skills are not on CD, etc.

5. If a dungeon has a cutscene like Blackram Narrows, Tomb of Exiles, etc, they let people that want to watch it. Might be their first time through the dungeon. This tis to #4 about waiting to fight the boss, because that is usually where they are.

Those are just some things ALL players could do to counter this toxic playstyle that has spread like wildfire on streaming sites, youtube, etc. If people want to rush, let them take the time to find their party that agree to their toxic playstyle and do NOT press LFP unless you are willing to wait for new players in a dungeon that may be their first time, or might want the side boss, or whatever.

One thing I WoW did right was they list what the boss will do and how the fight generally goes. So as long as you read these hints is pretty easy to predict the boss. There are no guides in BnS and most of my dungeon experience were learn by sitting in the back and watch what people does. Oh and as a range class I hardly need to know much expect a few things since range is very very easy. As long as we don't pull aggro we don't really need to pay attention.

I never post in forum before, but this issue pissed me off. Today I ran with two lv 50 players and one lv 36 in Tomb of Exiles, because of my ping, I arrived late and they were already at first room. I saw that lv 36 got killed because that two jerks rushed it and started the fight w/o waiting the lower level player, they thus killed by the spiders.

I therefore killed all the spiders and res the player, tried to catch up with those jerks while telling them they should wait. They replied me with a casual "lol I want a quick run" and did it again! This time one lv 50 was killed by fire and the remaining lv 50 didn't care at all.

They continued to rush while I was typing asking them to GO SOLO if they want it quick, they said something like "lol but you'll get the loots too"

WHO CARES ABOUT THE LOOTS IF YOU'RE KILLED BY FIRE AND NO ONE RES U?!

The story ended with me quitting and wished the lv 36 good luck as I don't bring any revival charm in this dungeon I'm not expected to die at all. This is not the first time, and I'm not having a good impression about lv 50 players because of that at all. They surely quicken the time spent, but if they're like this, I prefer not having them at all.

My request to all lv 50 players, please if you want the loots and go for the achievement, AND YOU CAN'T DAMN WAIT FOR YOUR TEAM, roll to solo this easy dungeon by yourself, stop making your selfish act affect other players and ruin all the fun.

REMEMBER YOU WERE ONCE LOWER LEVEL PLAYERS, BE CONSIDERATE!!!!!!!

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SOLO IT, FOLLOW HIDDEN PARTY RULES: WAIT FOR OTHERS AND NOT KILLING THEM DUE TO YOUR IMPATIENT BUTT AND GO AWAY!

MAKE THE GAME ENVIRONMENT MORE FAVOURABLE FOR US, NOT WORSE!

Tomb of Exiles, is rely bad now even in full 50LVL pt ther one sin that runs to boss and starts it killing the rest off pt  " you all are too slow "    just BS  one epik fail from nc-soft

5 hours ago, piitu said:

Tomb of Exiles, is rely bad now even in full 50LVL pt ther one sin that runs to boss and starts it killing the rest off pt  " you all are too slow "    just BS  one epik fail from nc-soft

And then some complain about people complaining about Sins. It's shit like this that doesn't help their reputation any.

Archived