Speed Destroyers - what to do?

BSGame

They basically grab and stun. Within those few seconds of stun, their speed is enough to almost kill you. Even if you specced to get out of grab, they'll get you next time. How do I deal with that as a melee?

As Kfm I just use my iframe and save my tab for when they use their buff and get away. Don't waste it on a grab they don't do much damage when they are holding you and jumping around like bunnies. What class are you? 

6 hours ago, BSGame said:

They basically grab and stun. Within those few seconds of stun, their speed is enough to almost kill you. Even if you specced to get out of grab, they'll get you next time. How do I deal with that as a melee?

They can only grab if you are defending or are CC'd. Make sure you are not holding up a block near a Destroyer -- if you block at close range, release the block again immediately. You can f-roll any daze, knockdown, or pull, and that will not only avoid the grab but also cause their grab to go on cooldown if they try to grab you. You should not have too much trouble as long as you're using grab break on Flock of Blades.

As other have said, you can often just wait for them to hit Fury (red buff) and then tab to escape. You won't see Fury very often past Gold because Persistence (blue buff) is better against BM, but you aren't going to 100-0 most classes with Persistence (no damage buff). Additionally, note that you can knock down Destroyers who are using white spin or Fury (except those standing in HM Emberstomp), so use knockdowns liberally.

Archived