Friends List name duplicate bug.

Vivien

Since the last update we had on 4/13, our Friends List (F4) is showing display issues.

It will list same account player multiple times if they log on more than one character via switching characters that day.

I won't be providing a screenshot to keep my friends names out as I didn't ask each and one of them their permission on being displayed on public, but I'll explain how it is (you can easily see it in game anyway on your account).

For example, friend with account name AppleOranges has 3 different characters under their account named Mango, Banana, Kiwi.

If they were logged on Mango and Banana at least once each today, your F4 will list your friend more than once.

AppleOranges                                                      Skypetal Plains

Mango                                        Level 50                         Mushin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CookieMonster                                                Hogshead Hamlet

ChocolateChip                           Level 46                       Poharan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleOranges                                                    Yehara's Mirage

Banana                                       Level 45                        Mushin

and so on.

At first I thought I had another friend who had same account name added on my list but since it's not possible...

So if you have like 30 friends and each of them at least has 2 characters per account and they all logged on one or two characters that day, your list will be longer than listing 30 people.

Please fix this so F4 is not cluttered with multiple listing of same account for each character they log on each day.

Oh one more thing to add that hasn't been since it first occured in CBT...

F4 does not correctly show who's Online or Offline.

It shows those that haven't logged on all day as Offline when you first log on for the day.

However, while you're logged on and playing for the day and a friend logs on, they'll show up as Online on your list and will stay Online for rest of the day even if they log off later.

F4 only lists Online updates and does not reflect Offline players correctly.

I'm facing the same issue after the last update. Most of my friends have more than one character and it shows that they are playing more than one of their characters at the same time and their characters are not grouped together but split apart individually. 

Also, when my friends log off, it still shows that they are logged in.

It's utterly annoying. Could this bugged be sorted out asap by admins? Thanks

I hope it won't take 2~3 weeks just to fix this .-.

I have to scroll through my Friends List every day just to find 1 character name to send invite to and the list has gotten way too long to scroll through and it's getting really annoying.

Ok ever since the maintenance last night, the duplicate bug is still there but now there's a new bug where I don't see some of my friends listed on F4 anymore.

Few people are missing (but they're still online and I'm missing from their list too) from even when I have "Online only" thing checked off which is supposed to show a full list of players on my Friends List.

When I see them face to face in game, they still show up in dark blue colored name as if they're on my F4 list (which they're supposed to be) but in reality, they're not there anymore.

Can this be sent to the dev team on west? :l  @Rukkirii

1 hour ago, Franny said:

When will people learn to check Known Issues topic first before posting multiple threads? (-.-)

Look at the dates. My post was made on 4/14, there was no name duplicate bug prior to that. This list you linked was updated on 4/15 and before that I didn't see the duplicate bug on the list.

So this isn't really posting multiple threads, I'm just updating my thread I made before (prior to CM updating their Known Issues thread) with new information.

What do you mean by "multiple threads" btw? Because this thread is the only one notifying the issue on the forums made by players and that CM caught onto it and updated their Known Issues thread later.

I'll write it again as you seem to have missed that part from my last post.

Now after last night's maintenance, not only the duplicate bug is still there but some friends' names are missing from the list completely even though they're still indicated as my friends in open world.

I'm not the only one experiencing this, several other people in game has stated that this is happening to them too as well as people that are "missing" from my list, I'm "missing" on their list as well.

Please read the posts again before jumping to conclusions.

2 minutes ago, Vivien said:

I'll write it again as you seem to have missed that part from my last post.

Now after last night's maintenance, not only the duplicate bug is still there but some friends' names are missing from the list completely even though they're still indicated as my friends in open world.

I'm not the only one experiencing this, several other people in game has stated that this is happening to them too as well as people that are "missing" from my list, I'm "missing" on their list as well.

Please read the posts again before jumping to conclusions.

The date on Known Issues is the last update, the Friendlist bug was there before - I had a ticket with support right after previous maintenance, and they directed me here saying they know about this, even though the previous week it wasn't here.

The other bug was present too even before this maintenance, maybe you just didn't realise it.

I am not jumping to conclusions, but seeing multiple threads about the same topic is kinda annoying when you try to look for information/confirmation. Please do check forums before posting OR updating aged posts, thank you.

13 minutes ago, Franny said:

The date on Known Issues is the last update, the Friendlist bug was there before - I had a ticket with support right after previous maintenance, and they directed me here saying they know about this, even though the previous week it wasn't here.

The other bug was present too even before this maintenance, maybe you just didn't realise it.

I am not jumping to conclusions, but seeing multiple threads about the same topic is kinda annoying when you try to look for information/confirmation. Please do check forums before posting OR updating aged posts, thank you.

Nope, it's not that I didn't realize it, it was never there for me prior to the patch on 4/13. I've seen people talking about this all of sudden in faction chat after that maintenance which I haven't seen people even mention such bug prior to it. I looked up before making the thread back then and there were no information about this, which is why I made the thread.

It could've been something that only few people were effected by it for awhile and became something major patch after patch, because no one that I know had this issue until after that day.

And the new one with players missing from my Friends List, that wasn't there until after recent maintenance also, because I check my F4 every day to see who's online at least once every 2 hours or so when I'm playing or even trying to send party invitation to my bf who's playing with me.

Never have I seen this multiple names being listed prior to 4/13, so you may just have been the ones who caught onto the bug earlier on if it was an existing one and that it's affecting more people now.

As you see on this thread by other people's replies, I'm not the only one with the situation that didn't experience this bug prior to the update but now they do.

I'll say it again, this isn't really "multiple" threads as you say, you could argue and say being more than 1 can be multiple but I haven't seen any topic about it while searching on the forum about this specific "duplicated names", and I didn't see the Known Issues thread by CM listing this before. That's why I made a thread to discuss about it.

So look at the list on this sub-forum and tell me what other thread talks about the duplicate bug.

Anything that would really fall under "multiple" topic is me mentioning that F4 does not update on online/offline, and that one I was just mentioning it on top of it while knowing that issue is a known one already.

I just added onto it on this topic as it's a problem for F4 in whole.

And even that Known Issues thread doesn't mention about players missing on F4, only states the duplicated names. There's reason why I updated this thread.

If the thread doesn't give you any information you seek, maybe just move on?

Archived