Arena win/loss reward changes needed

Kaal

Hi,

Now we're at lvl 50 content. With daily PvE quests giving up to 27k exp and some taking less than 5 minutes to complete. Whereas in 1v1 PvP we get up to 3250 exp for a win and 246 beans (plat rank), whereas we get 57 exp and like <20 beans for a loss? Now usually such limitation is to prevent afking in PvP and earning the rewards. But then why is 3v3 different? You get over 1k exp for a loss and quite a sum of beans too, not to mention that the beans rewarded for winning is similar to a whole rank higher 1v1 rewards. For instance, you get ~240 for plat win in 1v1 and ~240 for gold win in 3v3. Additionally, when a 1v1 match can take up to 12 minutes, 3v3 only lasts a maximum of 7 minutes and I'm sure the average 3v3 match lasts way shorter than 1v1. Especially in the higher PvP ranks. Not to mention that in 3v3 you can be carried by your friends/team and in 1v1 all you have to rely on is you yourself.

So, why would anyone choose 1v1 over 3v3 if we consider the reward received, time invested and ease? No point, really. But that is just one aspect of it. Let's get back to the rewards themselves. The exp you gain at lvl 50 for a win is a measly 3250 and a loss is just a waste of time, killing a trash mob in open world would get you more. Whereas like I said, spending 5-10mins in PvE can earn you nearly 30k exp. It was fine when we had lvl 45 content, the exp rewards in PvP and PvE weren't that far apart. But when lvl 50 content arrived the ratio went retardedly high.

To sum up, I believe this list of changes for PvP rewards should be implemented ASAP:

1. Reward experience based on your rank. For instance, 3250 exp for a win at bronze rank and tripled at diamond.
  2. Equalize rewards for 1v1 and 3v3 modes.
  3. Loss in 1v1 should give 1/3rd of the reward you receive when winning.

I agree that the rewards are way too low, and they could easily moderate it by setting a minimum damage threshhold (like deal 20k to 30k damage total for the whole match consisting of 2 or 3 rounds) to deter AFKing for XP.

Of course, some matches you just get super unlucky and deal no damage during the match, but at least those usually end really fast (unless it's someone using super effective stall tactics) which would net the old crappy XP, but you won't have wasted a serious amount of time.

3 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

I agree that the rewards are way too low, and they could easily moderate it by setting a minimum damage threshhold (like deal 20k to 30k damage total for the whole match consisting of 2 or 3 rounds) to deter AFKing for XP.

Of course, some matches you just get super unlucky and deal no damage during the match, but at least those usually end really fast (unless it's someone using super effective stall tactics) which would net the old crappy XP, but you won't have wasted a serious amount of time.

I can 100-0 a KFM/FM without them touching me at all in a matter of seconds. This would generate nothing but complaints.

8 minutes ago, Neonian said:

I can 100-0 a KFM/FM without them touching me at all in a matter of seconds. This would generate nothing but complaints.

It only took them seconds to lose.  That's not really a big issue to me as a primary PVP player.  If the match ends in under a minute and I did zero damage, I wouldn't really feel like I deserve any meaningful XP anyway.

Archived